Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    This thread isn't the place for heavy PK suggestions.
    LinIosyne
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    edited July 2013
    Yeah... try doing what Serrice did and make it work for you. I'll give you 100cr if you pull it off.

Addendum: The log must be timestamped and it must be against someone with a decent system, who's fighting back.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Serrice pwned me the last time I fought her, in the current incarnation of Syssin, and I was, obviously, fighting back. I hate spinalcut in a darts trap

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited July 2013
    Angwe said:
    Yeah... try doing what Serrice did and make it work for you. I'll give you 100cr if you pull it off.

Addendum: The log must be timestamped and it must be against someone with a decent system, who's fighting back.
    Angwe, I hate to say it bro, but I fought you in full darts without moving, without using bloodmeld, and with all my artifacts off.

At some point it isn't just the class. Sentinels in darts is one of the highest aff rates in the game and has truelock ability.

This isn't to say Sentinels don't need a better mechanic, because traps are indeed annoying as hell.
    Atrapoema
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    edited July 2013

Ezalor said:
    Angwe, I hate to say it bro, but I fought you in full darts without moving, without using bloodmeld, and with all my artifacts off.

At some point it isn't just the class. Sentinels in darts is one of the highest aff rates in the game and has truelock ability.

This isn't to say Sentinels don't need a better mechanic, because traps are indeed annoying as hell.

Apparently I'm not THAT bad, mm? Anyway, I'm not saying that Sentinels are weak in darts. They're quite strong, and can achieve easy locks (as you've seen).
    Daskalos said:
    Serrice pwned me the last time I fought her, in the current incarnation of Syssin, and I was, obviously, fighting back. I hate spinalcut in a darts trap
    ...Did you mean to write 'Sentinel' there? I don't think anyone's implied that Sentinels are weak in darts. What's your point?

I wish people would stop using @Serrice as the metric that Sentinels should be measured by, also. Serrice is an amazing coder and PKer, who managed to make a tactic work for her. A tactic that requires inhuman knowledge of the opponent's limb damage, their resto threshhold and is easily defeated by intelligent parrying. Or just static parrying the head. That limits Sentinels to one single, flimsy option outside of darts (which are not weak at all, and I've never claimed they are). I'd ask us to stay on topic here, but we're already derailing this thread as is.

My idea for today: Take away darts and give Sentinels a minor mental affliction that's on it's own balance, say every three seconds. This would function as a sort of herb balance or focus 'knock,' allowing the Sentinel to gain momentum.
    Well, you gotta balance classes around someone playing it perfectly. 

I'm not insinuating that you're bad, just that there are lots of things that can be improved on the user end too. But yeah, darts are a huge pain in the ass, I agree, but you're unlikely to see major changes except in liaison rounds and you just missed this one. Other than that, revamp (soon).
  • Can we get back onto Small ideas!

I have a weird idea which I bet most people are going to complain about..

Can we get a small cooldown - 5 to 6 seconds - on the VENOM curare.. as being hit at 1.9 (yes you templar people) over and over again and all the person uses is curare.. is kind of annoying! ...

Also with cooldown.. can we also get one on Banish, rather on the person giving it or on the person being banished? because being banished over and over again is not fun either... like a 60 second cooldown... AFTER person comes back from being banished.. or something...

Ezalor
    Cannot agree enough with Banish. PLEASE.
  • Ezalor said:
    Cannot agree enough with Banish. PLEASE.
    I remembered you saying before.. And wanted to see if this topic was even useful as not seen anything get looked at so far from here.. :P

• Some of the actual "small stuff" has gone in, like the no target in room messages being switched to just one message.

The paralysis cooldown in Imp was a pretty good way of keeping the affliction strong while discouraging #50 {envenom weapon with curare}. That said, probably a liaison suggestion, not a small idea.

• Yeah like a Liaison is going to suggest that.. no offense but Im pretty sure none of them would and some I've not seen logged in/play in a few week if nto longer....  since its only really the one class output which is the problem with it.. you can handle syssin 2.3 sentinel 2.3 carni 2.4 (unless soul but you move rooms to regain it) and then you have templar 1.9...  

Atrapoema
  • You know what they say about assumptions ... this really isn't the thread for such things, though!

• Enough with the combat suggestions, please. There is already a proper avenue for such a thing that ensures discussion, and if it merits discussion outside of the internal liaison functions, it can be done with its own thread.

In regards to Sentinels, we will not be attempting to bandaid the class while we're already working on its new incarnation. I know there's some frustration because of the extensive time table, but sometimes projects have unexpected delays or some concepts simply don't work, and it's more worthwhile to release a product we're happy with than one we're going to have to redo a few months down the line.

KaeusEzalorHavenTeani
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    The ability cloak in Subterfuge either needs to either be changed to Shroud, to be the same as the defense it gives, or both need a new name.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    That's it, I'm reviving Arion from the dead just so he can DEVOUR anyone who talks about combat in the small ideas thread!
    DraimanJaslineLinAldricInfin
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Iosyne said:
    That's it, I'm reviving Arion from the dead just so he can DEVOUR anyone who talks about combat in the small ideas thread!
    My idea wasn't combat! It's an inconsistency :<

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    edited July 2013
    H:5850 M:6328 E:27900 W:32445 B:99% Twilight [csdb eb]order ghast emerge
    A ghast does not understand what you wish.
    H:5850 M:6328 E:27900 W:32445 B:99% Twilight [csdb eb]search
    You perform a quick search of your surroundings.
    A ghast steps out of the shadows.
    Balance Used: 4.00 seconds

^-- is currently the only way I know of to get my ghast to come out of hiding if I use blood mask for whatever reason. Can we have the "order <minion> emerge" command that I tried before work instead of having to search? It's a minor thing, yeah, but it'd be nice.

Edit: Also, allow me to pose in wolf form. -_-
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• edited July 2013
    For emote tag stuff, can we get an easy way to denote changes in the sentence for 1p and 3p? 

emote watches $Omei as $Omei_she jumps.

This ends up showing "Creeper watches you as you jumps." to Omei.

I guess you'd have to set a primary target, or do something convoluted like:

emote watches $Omei as $Omei_she ($Omei:jump|jumps).

Just a bit aggravating to try to use the tags and ending up with grammar issues.

And this would also come in handy for crafting, as you could add something to check the a/an of a dye color so you could use "dyed a $dyething hue" or some such.

I am an uninformed newb!

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Shop mobs.

Basically the same as a house mob, but they chill in some void spot until you tell em to pop out and get stationed at your shop. If you sell the shop/shop closes down, they pop back into the void.

Let them have most of the house mob features, minus attacks. Or, at the least, sentience, for fun RP options.

------

Org shops.

Let shops be set loyal to an org. Saves drama/potential theft when leadership switches, and it's just much CLEANER. 
    - Guild leader/secretaries and CL/council/chancellor/chancellor aides would be default "owners" for lockmaking, pricing, etc
    - SHOP DEED TO (org) when standing in the shop, eg SHOP DEED TO CARNIFEX would set the shop loyal to the Carnifex guild.
    - Could sell shop to individuals like normal shops.

Optional inclusions:
    - Shop taxes paid from org bank account
    - FLOAT SET #, eg FLOAT SET 5000. Sets how much gold stays in the shop to cover misc restocking fees. Any gold other than this gets automatically deposited into the org's bank account every x months.
    - Log note when money taken to pay taxes/profit goes in.
    VharenSetneAldric
  • I would like to have shopkeeper mobs in general. They could throw a fee on it for customization, adding in extras, and so forth, but a generic one for every shop would make me feel better about shops. The current incarnation makes them vending machines.

• Folders for the crafting designs, like the message folders. 

DESIGN FOLDER CREATE <folder>
    DESIGN FOLDER LIST
    DESIGN MOVE # TO <folder>

Maybe even be able to declare a folder preserved designs as an option alongside preserving individual designs. 
    imageimage
  • I don't want to make a whole forum post about it, but I would be TOTALLY in favor of some method of porting character value to new games, even at considerable loss of value (as mentioned in the ustream).

I also would very much like to see a global hunting event that has personal bashing instances. It happened in another IRE game, once, and it was -amazing-, and it eliminated the problem of having to compete as a lower level character against the multitudes of 100+ level players clearing out all the mid-level bashing areas in seconds. 

And... listening to the Gods talk about running large global events single-handedly makes me wonder why there isn't a RP oriented player-volunteer thing in Aetolia. It's a fairly common idea, but similar to Guides or Builders, it puts creative players who want to volunteer but don't want to give up their character in a role where they can help bring the game alive in RP shells created to specifically allow them to develop (with divine supervision) small scale events, assist with larger ones, and mob-possess to liven things up.  

imageimage
  • Can we update the Havens environment list to include all natural environments? I'd like to set my environment to tundra, but the list is sorely lacking!
    LinHaven
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Bad Trundle! Bad!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    LinEzalor
  • TROLL KING!
    LinEzalorHaven
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Yes yes a million times yes! I wanted Lin to have an ocean/beach haven but it just wasn't an option.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Your hinges are sorely lacking in flavour.
    LinAtrapoemaMissari
  • @Arbre I find that way too amusing.

• edited July 2013
    Idea 3639:  Make CONFIG COMBATMESSAGES work on first person attacks. This is especially helpful for weapon users where each unique weapon(scimitars, rapiers, bardiche etc.) has 10 to 25 unique slash/bash messages each.
    Thank you, your idea has been recorded.

Edit: This is apparently a bug. Duly noted and reported. Carry on.