Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Haven said:
    I'd like it if, perhaps the room limit were associated with places you've already explored only (minus the obvious city/guild stuff) and linked to the Fellowship of Explorers.
    That, definitely. It ruins a bit of the exploring fun when you get a pretty complete map right out of the gate. You could still post directions for things like hunting scrolls, but the first walk should be one to remember.

The ability to share maps or create map items to sell might also be worth a look, since you can do it with client maps anyhow. Even if that doesn't fly, I wouldn't mind a "map book" item given in the tour to conceptualize and better explain the mapping feature, as it is pretty game-changing. Passing a requirement that has you walking to the major cities is a small hassle without it, a breeze with it. 

The "map book" would also have a starter map with things like the common parts of the major cities, the newbie areas, and paths to and from them.

Reverse lookup would be awesome. The only thing I miss about having a client-side mapper, to be honest.

• Idea #1701   Section: Help   Support: 2
    2010/07/26 23:28:08: Cut down the messages given when you enter something that isn't a command from the dozen or so we have now to ONE general message, in order to cut down on trigger lines for those of us who like to have that sort of thing gagged. It'd also be more informative for newbies.

It's such a small, trivial thing, but it'd really be a QoL upgrade. In fact, it could point one in the direction of an informative help file that could be updated with information from the Field Guide thread we have here on the forums, since not everyone visits the forums.

Just so it's clear what I'm suggesting, when I input an invalid command into Aetolia, rather than spitting out anywhere from five to seven messages that are "WHUT DO DUMMY", give us a single one that clearly points out we've entered an invalid command. EG (jacked from Imperian, since it's what reminded me I had this lying around): "That is not a valid command. Type HELP NEWBIECOMMANDS for a list of useful commands for newbies."
    AlexinaLinMoireanVharenMissariTza
  • Haven said:
    Can we change or remove the limitations on Aetolia's PATH FIND for the mapper entirely? I'd like it if, perhaps the room limit were associated with places you've already explored only (minus the obvious city/guild stuff) and linked to the Fellowship of Explorers.
    I thought they (recently) did away with distance limitations as well as making it much faster. I use the PATH system pretty frequently, and the only problems I seem to encounter with it are special exits like ones in Fengard, or "secret" areas like Raugol Fissure. 

PiperLin
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    The built-in pathfinding is pretty damn strong, now. It utilizes server-side movement to get you from A to B as fast as possible. If it took into account things like worm warps and wings rooms, it would probably be better than any mapper.
    KerrynHavenEsper
  • Only downside I have with the in-game mapper is that it has a time restriction (bout 3-5 seconds) before you can run 'path find' again. It is however quite convenient provided the room you are going to can be directly reached. Would be nice to have a fully functioning in-game mapper that had API like features though! I do fine with Mudlet mapper but if the game can handle movement it would certainly be less clunky than trying to work around movement delay.
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    A leotard template!

No, seriously, I wish we had a way of tracking our own enemy statuses for those cases when we're counting down the years or just trying to figure out why we've been enemied without having to pester people for the information.
    Lin
    No, but also seriously, a leotard template!
    PiperVharen
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    edited July 2013
    Piper said:
    No, seriously, I wish we had a way of tracking our own enemy statuses for those cases when we're counting down the years or just trying to figure out why we've been enemied without having to pester people for the information.

I'm pretty sure this exists already, but I tried a few things out and can't pinpoint the exact command. If I'm remembered correctly, it shows you the same thing a member of the org sees if they look at your enemystatus though.

EDIT: Just found it. ENEMYSTATUSES
    Piper
  • ENEMYSTATUSES is great! ...If the organization in question bothers to fill the damn thing out.
    PiperHaven
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Can you check yr own enemy status to other orgs?
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School

Can we get these lines made to be specific?

• What is it that you wish to drink?
    • What do you want to eat?
    • I don't see the container here from which you wish to apply some salve.
    • What is it you wish to smoke?
    • I don't see that syringe in your inventory.

etc

Something akin to:

1. You do not have <object> to <verb>.

I know there's ways to code around this stuff but ya know... player/coder convenience and all. I'd love you guys even more! :D

¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    LinAtrapoemaPiperVharen
  • Can we have vialbelts now? :(
    AztonHavenKaeus

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

Piper
  • Atrapoema said:
    Can we have vialbelts now? :(
    I second this.. I hate carrying 400ish vials before I even get to venom!

• ... o.o

I have survived for literally years with 100 vials for curatives. wtf 400
    LinEsper
  • Missari said:
    ... o.o

I have survived for literally years with 100 vials for curatives. wtf 400
    I always forget to check elixistlist and go for ages without having to refill .. the 400 including venoms, silly 'II VIAL' ... but I was on Imp and vialbelts was soooooo useful and awesome!

Atrapoema
  • After experiencing vialbelts, I don't want to live without. :(
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I just have VIAL as a filter in INVCAT and have a vial counter for me (or use the IG one).
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    I use INVCAT for that, too, along with my pipes. Still, a vialbelt would be cool for RP reasons, I guess.
  • Well, vialbelts aren't just a fancy INVCAT, guys. Here, let me paste the help file:

7.18 Vialbelts

Vialbelts are convenience items meant to reduce the need for multiple vials of each fluid type. They can be filled with up to 3000 sips of each elixir, salve and toxin known to Aetherius. When you use the last sip of any vial that you have a matching vialbelt slot for, the vial will be automatically refilled. You may even milk toxins directly into the vialbelt!

Commands (use VIALBELT or VBELT for a syntax reminder!):
    --------------------------------------------------------
     - Summary: List your belts and what's in them.

- Fill: Use this to fill your vialbelt from a container. When refilling from a flask in a shop, use the same syntax that you would for filling a vial.

- Tap: Fill a vial for the first time.

- Purge: Empty a slot on your belt. Be careful!

- Transfer: Transfer one or more slots from one belt to another.

With this mechanic, you essentially only need one vial of any given liquid in Aetolia. Which is, personally, much nicer than INVCAT.
    BenedictoLin
    Oh god, crafters could make a cute, redesigned vial for each curative type :D
  • Lin said:
    Oh god, crafters could make a cute, redesigned vial for each curative type :D
    NO it holds 3000 of ALL venoms/serums/elixirs/ everything that goes into vials curing wise.. with just one belt

• Right. Lin's saying that, since a single vial would be needed instead of a metric unicorn-ton, each liquid type could have its own vial designed for it. You'd just sync the appropriate vial up to the right liquid. EG: A cutesy vial showcasing a druid making restoration because we're heading back in time to 2000 would be linked to the restoration slot.
    Lin
  • Atrapoema said:
    Right. Lin's saying that, since a single vial would be needed instead of a metric unicorn-ton, each liquid type could have its own vial designed for it. You'd just sync the appropriate vial up to the right liquid. EG: A cutesy vial showcasing a druid making restoration because we're heading back in time to 2000 would be linked to the restoration slot.
    my bad, I didn't get her meaning when I first read it, I just woke up

Right. I thought it would be sweet to have an array of vials like "a fat vial with a red cross on it", "a spherical vial with a broken arm", etc.

Hell, if we only have to maintain one vial per curative, you could even keep from destroying woodcrafting income by making vials decay on a short time (say, 30 months). Everyone wins!
  • I'd be fine with that. I'm not sure it's necessary, but if it's done to offset the inclusion of vialbelts, I won't complain. Granted, woodcrafters could just bump up the price, too.
    Lin
    I like that even better, since we have other combat supplies (pipes, tinderboxes, etc.) that have long decay times. Makes things more consistent.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Please, give us a way to strip the starburst defense without having to die. Switching class to carnifex/indorani and not being able to put up substitute/soulcage is quite annoying.
    SaybreEsperAmelasMastema
  • Godyesplz to Vialbelts!
    Atrapoema
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Any chance cigarettes can show what blend they have when you are holding them (on II) and on wares? That would make people able to purchase different blends a lot more easily (and let us show off our fun blend names!!).