Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited June 2013
    Lin said:
    Moirean said:
    - Thinking - is there any way we can get the YOU removed from thinking? I like to just enter my thoughts straight up stream of consciousness style and it's kinda jarring to try to shoehorn you into there. Also can we get THINK offered as a command to do the emote? < is wonky to remember.
    The think command does make for a slight bit of stilted writing, but remember that you're free to move the "you" pronoun around by using the token "^", so you have a little flexibility!
    Yeah I know you can move it. You still have to use the word you (and it doesn't capitalize at the start of a new sentence), so it can get wonky though. It's better than nothing, but it seems weird to need the you at all. :/
  • edited June 2013
    Atrapoema said:
    You know, I'd really love to see the GREET predefined emote be customizable. Preferably both first- and third-person customization, but I'd settle for just first-person. With GREET being the standard, surefire way to trigger NPC quest chains (which is absolutely fine!), it seems a little silly that we all greet everyone exactly the same way, despite our personalities.

This is actually a really awesome idea. Being able to set your greeting just like you would a warcry (do people even use those any more?) would be a pretty sweet flavor addition.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    MoireanOleisTza
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I don't know a single person whose warcry isn't a dumb meme or silly joke they'd never actually use in-character.
    Aldric
    Mine is "In strength!"
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    I swagjacked Xavin's 'The hunt is upon you!' for my warcry. Before, it was 'Enech dia'Bethier'(sp) which translates to 'Praise the God of Beasts!'
  • ...that's mine, get out.

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    edited June 2013
    Luthien
  • Mine was "You think you can withstand the Kerrithrim slayer?!" and I would set it off in the middle of beheads/cleaves :D
    Haven
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Mine was "For the Dark Tide!" for a long time.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Aw man, that's gross, Haven. Nobody needs to hear that.
    SetneSaritaRivas
    Don't hate! -flex- I had my Infernal on.
    havenbanner2
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Mine is "Have at you!" - think the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. 
    Alexina
  • Mine is a horrible IRL in-joke, translated into probably really bad Latin. It makes sense in context.
  • Generic messages for DEF would be nifty. Would still have to gather some of the ones that aren't on the generic def message system, but would cut down a decent amount of message gathering.

MoireanOleis
  • The affliction view system does generic defense messages, doesn't it?

• It does for giving the def, but it would be super nifty if that was possible for when you typed 'defenses' as well.
  • edited June 2013
    It'd be really nice if GMs could have the power to set a custom guildrank title for a person as long as they have a secretary/HoN position that overwrites the default one regardless of which rank they're at. It would serve as a pretty neat way to differentiate members on GWHO, and makes guild-specific titles for the different secretary positions have a little more weight to them.

Example:
    Moirean is the Carni HoN known as the Mistress of Cruelty. She's GR 6.
    Aldric is a regular member that's also GR6!

gwho would show:

The following members of the Carnifex are in the realm: 
    Member         Rank                                                       Position     Class
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Moirean        Mistress of Cruelty                               Novice Head   Teradrim
    Aldric            Tainted Soul                                                            Praenomen

That rank title would stay that way regardless of how many GFs she got.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    MoireanMissariTza
    That would be nice. It would make it easier to integrate the various secretary names pretty much every guild has, without making members refer to scrolls all the time.
    AldricTza
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I don't know how all those doohickies work, but it would be great if INVCAT (ID) SHOW would list all of the items in the different filters. 

Ex:

<8050/7705h 5980/5980m 32400e 23655w <eb> <csdb>> LC:0  100 2.76%invcat cures show
    InvCat: cures
    -----------------------------
    Name: Curatives
    Filters:
      vial 225
      pipe    7 
      plant    6
    Rivas
  • edited July 2013
    I'm certain something like this has come up before..but perhaps not!

Idea #3598   Section: unassigned   Support: 1
    2013/07/01 02:43:49: PHELP - Personal Help files, structured the same way GHELP, CHELP, CLHELPs are, but only viewable by yourself. A way to have personal notes, without cluttering messages, and easily referenced and gotten to, i.e. PHELP WEAPON STATS - Listing of all the weapon stats I shoot for, etc.

I personally love GHELP structure (anyone who has seen my handiwork with the Templars will know that. I'm scroll crazy.)

And yes, I know I could put things on my computer, notepad, etc. But I also have a desktop, and 2 different laptops I go back and forth between, and dropboxing for notepad just seems dorky..though doable, especially because what I'd have there is specifically IC things.

EDIT: This would also be epic for crafters I'm sure. Easy way to have a record of repeat customers, etc. (( Please make this happen!! ))
    AtrapoemaKerrynHavenArekaMissariMoireanSessizlik
  • I'm also partial to a possible Personal Announcement too.

Make it some ridiculously flamboyant color that comes up AFTER Guild and City Announcements. '''Don't Forget to Renew your adds on Thursday 7/4/2013 !! ***, etc.

• Areka said:
    I don't know how all those doohickies work, but it would be great if INVCAT (ID) SHOW would list all of the items in the different filters. 

Ex:

<8050/7705h 5980/5980m 32400e 23655w <eb> <csdb>> LC:0  100 2.76%invcat cures show
    InvCat: cures
    -----------------------------
    Name: Curatives
    Filters:
      vial 225
      pipe    7 
      plant    6
    Imperian has this If i remember correctly, its pretty nifty as YOU can tell how many inks/herbs/comms you have without searching for it...

Also another idea from Imperian..

Have, Arena allies/enemies to only work in arena and outside arena to be for outside arena so then AFTER arena them who have ents etc dont have to passive/unenemy etc as some people do lag and it gets annoying when people complain about an accident.

It will also make life easier when sparring people to unally/enemy people who are on your ally list..

AldricLin

Alternatively, give us perma paranoia (or a clone aff that does the same thing so that classes that use paranoia as part of their offense [I think Cabalists?] don't get an advantage.) That way we don't need to enemy people prior to entering. Plus it'd help for events and teaming in the arena where you're hitting everyone equally with passives.

havenbanner2
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Dunno if this belongs in bugs or here, w/e

Add the Dominion to the config color options. You can color it, but you don't actually see it when you do "config color".
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• Haven said:

Alternatively, give us perma paranoia (or a clone aff that does the same thing so that classes that use paranoia as part of their offense [I think Cabalists?] don't get an advantage.) That way we don't need to enemy people prior to entering. Plus it'd help for events and teaming in the arena where you're hitting everyone equally with passives.

well I thought it would be nice so if your in the ARENA when you UNALLY ALL / UNENEMY ALL it doesn't mess with the Foci enemies/allies.. as its soo annoying trying to remember which people was on your enemy list before an arena event..

Angwe
    I was agreeing with you.
    havenbanner2
  • The ability to sort through the affliction list by cure, including focusable and tree cured. Maybe the renew thing for Tekals, too, since it's shared across all classes?

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Change the way experience rankings, or at least the way the #1 honours line is given out, by adding seasons much like the combat ranking. Let's say they run for three months before starting a new one, meaning that whoever earns the most experience in that time gets the #1 placement honours line. People that already have the line are disqualified from competing for it.
    MoireanKerrynTzaWinterlynn
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Remove the ability Masquerade from Corpus and give it to those with vampire sub race as a unique racial skill instead. Meaning so long as I'm a vampire, even if my current class is something like Sciomancer I can still use the skill.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

HavenLinEsperAldricMoireanAngweTza
    Can we change or remove the limitations on Aetolia's PATH FIND for the mapper entirely? I'd like it if, perhaps the room limit were associated with places you've already explored only (minus the obvious city/guild stuff) and linked to the Fellowship of Explorers.
    havenbanner2
    Vharen