Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• I forget who originally said it, but it'd be really nice if we could choose which race the racial idol takes the form of somehow. Even if it was something that would only last for about an hour and would need to be redone, that'd be fine, but as of now it's ridiculously easy to forget you've even got the artifact in the first place nonetheless consciously keep track of what racial skills you're getting from it at the time.

Also, since the arti has essentially no use to endgamers right now who have most of the better skills that the arti would offer, perhaps switching the idol to a certain race would let you be able to speak that race's language as well? I don't think this would be too terribly big of a deal if there was a cooldown put on switching the idol's race, and there's also numerous other languages to be learned that aren't player races, so it's not as if this would instantly become the win button of languages.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Malak
  • Double post, but it'd be reaaaally cool if we could have the option to customize the smoke/exhalation messages of blends with fumology. Barring that, having the ability to utilize fruit would even be awesome.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    ArbrePiperMoirean
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs

Aldric said:
    Double post, but it'd be reaaaally cool if we could have the option to customize the smoke/exhalation messages of blends with fumology. Barring that, having the ability to utilize fruit would even be awesome.
    I would be SO all over a tropical mango or cranberry hibiscus blended smoke, oh lawd. I can't upvote this enough!
  • edited July 2013
    Can we somehow get the amount of puffs/inhales left on a cigar/cigarette shown when you PROBE it?

Additionally, I think it'd be pretty neat ( @Lin have my back here ) if we could smoke cigarette emote/blow smoke emote. 

For inhaling, you could do: smoke cigarette emote [takes a long drag from $cigarette, lips pursing as he savors the flavor.]
    Rather than the default line since you chose to emote it, you'd get a personal echo something like: "The flavor is prickly and sweet." but obviously with the flavor choices that follow the blend.

You'd see: You take a long drag from a slim white cigarette, lips pursing as he savors the flavor.
                    The flavor is prickly and sweet.

For blowing the smoke out, you'd need to use the $smoke tag, which would be 'a XXX cloud of smoke, redolent with XXX scents.'

Example: blow smoke [releases $smoke with a hoarse cough, his eyes watering.]

You'd see: You release a spicy cloud of smoke, redolent with tangy scents with a hoarse cough, his eyes watering.

Note: These would only be if you choose to emote. Obviously if you don't emote it, your default inhale that describes the flavors, and exhale that describes the smell of the smoke would apply.
    LinMoireanMinarael
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Can we have storms start forest fires, that slowly spread.

As a Sentinel part of your job is to do patrols, to look over areas and to see what is going on, changes, discrepancies, logging it with shrines erected and denizens and animals roaming about.

I know that exterminations are one thing, but those can get out of control real quick and I would rather not see a slew of novices running about into conflict that really shouldn't happen for them, but if say a lightning storm was to happen and start a small fire, I would like to see that as a way to encourage the youth to get out and douse some flames.

Just an idea for consideration.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    That sounds like a massive pain in the ass.
  • They did that once upon  a time, but it was disabled.

Fires are really only an issue if all the rooms of a type are wiped out, since they spread naturally to connected rooms. So if there's, say, a patch of 10 forest rooms surrounded by grassland and a fire tears through all but 1 of the forest rooms, those plants will grow back. But if all 10 of the rooms get burnt, someone has to actually replant.

We have the skills to replant, and we have the skills to put out fires.

I see no reason why we shouldnt have some sort of natural reason to have to do something.  If it makes a little work it can be a way to encourage younger ones to do some sort of conflict without to risk of being attacked, like Ylem, or War which were highly PK oriented.  A few fires seems harmless and still a decent form of conflict, not saying it is for everyone, but definitely something to be considered
  • edited July 2013
    Lin said:
    That sounds like a massive pain in the ass.
    You know, this was my first reaction, and I was making a post saying just as much, but then I realized that it'd be no different than Leylines (which people are still happily doing). If it was set up to happen only every x RL days with a global message, I don't really see the issue. It would need some sort of positive effect, though, to encourage people to do it -- you can't just slap it in with its negative effects and twist arms.

Edit: The conflict issue really arises when someone wants to be a unicorn and kill people for putting the fires out, which has been a problem in the past. Get a leash on that behaviour, and I don't think there'd be a problem. Alternatively, nix reanimation and watch as everyone puts out fires because we're all on one curing system again and what you do effects everyone else.
    AarbrokArbre
    Yeah I definitely do not wish to see a little one get attacked for putting out fires, I did not realize that was a problem in the past, I would think people would have enough sense to not be complete unicorns about something like that. 
  • Darkies could cut off the lifer side from curatives by keeping fires going, that's incentive enough for some people to kill anyone with a bucket.
    :( Well thats some unicornsing unicorns
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    They'd be shooting themselves in the foot, too. There are a lot of living characters in Spinesreach.
  • They would be hard pressured to turn undead, especially if they fought or bashed in any significant way, or BL would go full BL and not give a flip, like in the good ol' days.
  • Funnily enough, the only people I've seen setting forest fires are Enorians.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• That's because, currently, they're the only ones capable of it. Put the tools in the right hands, and they'd be made use of.
    I think that, since monuments now have an effect on enemies to an Order, they should be vulnerable to attack at all times. It isn't fair that an Order can set up a monument somewhere and just troll people with it without any way of fighting back.
    Aldric
  • Hi I'm Aldric and I could evidently make a thread for fumology suggestions alone.

Could we maybe have a timer on smoked items that puts them out if they haven't been smoked in x amount of time? It doesn't really make sense that you can light something one day, never smoke it, and it'll still be lit a week from then. I'd think something like 3 minutes would be pretty reasonable.
    Draiman
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Can we nerf the shit out of 3rd person/room sleep messages? Dude fell asleep in a bar and holy crap I wanted to just behead it. :(
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

AtrapoemaRivas
  • @Angwe - only if those powers are unlocked

@Xavin That's a good idea. Make it conditional, so monuments that aren't benefiting from the Monuments effect are subject to the usual conditions (vulnerability during Holy War only).
  • Another fumology idea: as it stands smoking a blend with cactus weed or myrrh does absolutely nothing. It'd be reaaaally sweet if you'd get the smiley faces/dreamtext if either is involved in a blend, and something really trippy if you use them both together.
    AngweMoireanMissariLinAtrapoema
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    You guys should just make Aldric the lead designer on all Fumology updates already.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

AldricAarbrok
  • Dislike making myrrh and weed mess with my blends. They have the only smoking messages that I like and I do not want a bunch of spam while I'm RPing with smokes >:|
    LinAtrapoema
  • edited July 2013
    Or we could just pray to the mighty @Tok god in hopes that he'd be able to work his voodoo magic with crafting again and make it happen!

EDIT: This isn't in regards to my above post, but a joke to Draiman about making fumology updates.
    Missari
  • I understand that you don't want to be spammed, but how is it justified from a roleplay perspective that smoking weed from a pipe will give hallucinations, but smoking it from a cigar/cigarette doesn't? I can understand myrrh having a different effect when it's smoked as opposed to eaten, so that's justified, but in the case of weed both ways of consumption involve smoking.
  • edited July 2013
    The preparation.

Edit: Also, weed's "roleplay" mechanic is annoying. If you want that, smoke it from a pipe. Please don't force something so old and irritating on fumology for the sake of "consistency". Just RP it.
    MinaraelMissari
  • The weed mechanic is incredibly obnoxious. It -might- be interesting if the images were smaller and varied, or if the hallucinations were text (like dreams).  If you pushed the weed mechanic into fumology, most people would just never use weed as an ingredient. 
    imageimage
    AtrapoemaMissariAarbrok
    Some way to see what worn items are in what clothing slots would be nice. Trying to guess why I can't wear x item is incredibly frustrating, especially during RP.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Can we add special natural/elevation exits to the game? Maybe something for Havens or houses or as part of org buildings.

Like entrances or exits that require you to fly/climb out. Or dive into a pool of water, etc.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    PiperAarbrokErzsebet