Short Questions

Comments

• So, did the crafting meeting thing happen and I just missed it, or was it postponed because technical difficulties?
    imageimage
  • Erzsebet said:

So, did the crafting meeting thing happen and I just missed it, or was it postponed because technical difficulties?

It happened from what I saw.
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited February 2015
    Mrrf. -.- Any chance of a log?
    imageimage
  • Oleis said:

Now that the free lesson refund period for Shapeshifters has ended, I'm looking into a less painful way to switch types. There will still be a cost involved, but nothing so significant. 

@Oleis why not have someone pay like 100 lessons to switch to a different type of shifter?
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Anyone else having issue was QE not working with ritual steps the last few days?

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• edited February 2015
    @Whatever member of the administration could give an administrator's speculation here!

What are The Rules(tm) when it comes to contesting? More specifically:

A - Is it legal to put somebody on probation for attempting to contest an org leader?

B - Is it legal to kick somebody out of an organization for attempting to contest an org leader?

Evidently this has happened a few times, and it just seems kinda... I don't know, scummy maybe? Then again, scummy isn't always necessarily against the rules, but alas.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Once you've contested, you can't be booted, mechanically, while the election is going on.
  • Should have clarified, I meant immediately following a failed contention attempt.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Malok
  • In the past it's always been considered acceptable/almost expected. Usually done when player-made rules were broken in the process of contesting, in my experience. In my experience, most of the time, if people have an excuse to do it beyond 'wah, you contested me', they take it, and are very rarely met with any resistance. Very few of us take the option to not just boot someone immediately following.
    imageimage
    Absolutely the opposite experience from me. I would definitely not consider a failed contest grounds for probation or ejection. The only time I've ever done it personally was when someone was contesting me on CD and I couldn't get work done - after 4 failed elections in a row, I ejected him.
    Ishin
  • I'm certainly not saying that everyone does it, but it isn't at all uncommon. And the reason that's usually cited is that they broke X, Y, and/or Z law in the process of contesting. Though personally, I've never kicked anyone for breaking those kinds of laws--I've always just given a disfavour for them.
    imageimage
    Ishin
    It should be pointed out that those laws are player-created and might not necessarily be kosher. If I was the booted person, I'd probably approach admin if the laws are stifling or clearly designed to keep the people in power from being contested.
  • Eh. Most of the time, the laws aren't that ridiculous. In most places they require you to be in the guild longer than a couple days, not be on probation. Some require a certain amount of rank. There's never been any kind of admin limitations that I'm aware of, but generally, the rules on it for most orgs, seem to be fairly lax. No one ever follows them though, because if they win, it doesn't matter if it's legal.

Can't speak much to other orgs, but in Ve'kahi, you literally just have to be considered an adult, be at the rank to be able to mechanically do so, and tell one of the people on the council you want to contest and why, and they just okay it--and they're instructed to okay it unless they have legit reason to think you'd be super horribad for Ve'kahi. Like, if you've a history of taking over and robbing orgs then ditching or something--almost no one that's contested me that Erz/the council wouldn't have -allowed- to contest me if they'd actually asked. They just didn't feel like it for whatever reason.
    imageimage
    I'm not commenting on current orgs, I'm just commenting in general. I know that in the past admin have stepped in for some similar situations.
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited February 2015
    Hasn't been my experience. Wasn't calling out any org in particular for anything. Just. Offering general insight.

Perspectives vary though, certainly. ^.^
    imageimage
  • Are Gods flat out immune to afflictions or do they have a cureall command or something? I hear rumors from people who claim to have gone up but it changes every time, it feels like. Do they still have that divine fire def or w/e it was? I use to see all the gods walking around with it, at least it was visible in room.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Gods have divine fire, but they can set their in-room message to be something special (like POSEing) so you don't see the "wreathed in divine fire" bit. If they have divine fire off for whatever reason, they can be afflicted just like any other player.
    DraimanTeaniIshin
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I fought Niuri once she just would not die.
  • She was probably...

B)

..God Moding
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

MoireanTragerIshin
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I think she ended up killing me just spamming balance free necromancy attacks.
    Trager
  • It's a bit of column a and a bit of column b. Gods (and celani) have divine fire which prevents any aggressive actions from effecting them and also notifies them if someone attempts an aggressive action on them. If for some reason we would have divine fire off (usually due to us having tested some mob thing or helping test skills or what have you), we have a cureall command that has a very short cooldown. In addition, we have access to balance free attacks and all the implications that go along with that.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I mean I've noticed that you also can't actually DIE like even if a kill finishes you're still just standing there.
  • You allowed/forced to use bound credits with the admin artifact auctions?
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• They must be bound, yes.
  • why do Terramancers, as mage-types that fixate on controlling EARTH, have no abilities that involve similar functions to DIG and BURROW?
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited February 2015
    We reserve those skills for the squirrels and chipmunks.

Edit: But more seriously, don't know! They're racial skills and there's items you can buy to help - woodcrafters can make shovels that you can use to dig with.
  • Is there ever any chance that some day we will have the ability to buy a chessboard for any place other than a Castle? I'd love to have one for my haven and for Bahir'an Estate, but no dice. Seems like it'd be really simple to put in. :/
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    You can. Just message Raz. I bought one for the Carni GH over a year ago.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I've been debating where to post this, or how to go about it, and I'm still not certain I'm in the right place, BUT..

Is there any reason mods have lost all of their power? I can't edit posts anymore (which I was doing to fix language issues that the filter didn't catch), my flag weight is back down to 1, and I'm missing the admin tools I could use before. Is this intentional?
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Not that I know of! I'll double check with Raz, but that hasn't even been a conversation. Let's all shake our fists at VanillaForums in the meantime!
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    ArbreMalok