Short Questions

Comments

• Speaking of the website, if someone checks their messages through the website, does it temporarily log them in? I sent Sarita a message, hadn't seen her in a couple of days, then moments later Allysense kicks in for her, but I type HWHO and she's not online. Creepy stuff.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • Malok said:

Speaking of the website, if someone checks their messages through the website, does it temporarily log them in? I sent Sarita a message, hadn't seen her in a couple of days, then moments later Allysense kicks in for her, but I type HWHO and she's not online. Creepy stuff.

As far as I know, no, it does not show you logged into the game if you check your messages via client. She could have been off-plane, like in the Teradrim-whatever-place. Can't think of the name right now.
  • Ah. 371 years old I am, and still a noob. Hard to say with Sarita. She's crafty.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    Jensen
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Sometimes I get randomly DCed from places like the portals, and get automatically re-login to those places too.
  • So, I got paid today, and I'm thinking about buying a good bit of credits. If I already traded in the riding crop, is there no way to benefit from buying future credits during the promotion? I really wanna know, because the answer is about to influence how many I buy.
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    It's tax season! Put it into your IRA so you can deduct it from your income and get a bigger return.

Angwe
  • Does the enemy_expand artifact stack? So instead of 50 enemies, I can have 80?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    artifacts pretty much never "stack" unless they have a unique effect(Ie a keyring), or if they have multiple levels.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    1 - With the removal of Paladins, can Nianvi please be updated to grant/apprentice old Paladins in the guild with Templar training? She can existingly update their training without penalty, but not simply grant it so we've the occasional member with no classes at all.

2 - Can my smelting please be fixed I have so much forging to do. :(
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Areka said:

2 - Can my smelting please be fixed I have so much forging to do. :(

What's broken in smelting? I thought we'd gotten it all.

You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    edited February 2015
    I can't smelt anything, it just started sometime during my trip. Everything tells me that that cannot be smelted, even though I'd just made it. :(

Edit:

You remove 1 coal, bringing the total in the cache to 821.
    <8421/7698h 4724/4724m 30900e 21900w <eb> > <<Paused>> <18:58:21:64>
    You put a piece of coal into a sturdy iron forge.
    <8421/7698h 4724/4724m 30900e 21900w <eb> > <<Paused>> <18:58:21:315>
    Hunkering down to look into the darkened forge, you inhale deeply and blow a stream of white-hot flame into its innards, lighting it.
    <8421/7698h 4724/4724m 30900e 21900w <eb> > <<Paused>> <18:58:21:605> smelt leather
    You are not able to smelt that.
    <8421/7698h 4724/4724m 30900e 21900w <eb> > <<Paused>> <18:58:23:93> ii leather
    You are wielding:
    You are holding:
    "leather armour46559" a suit of leather armour.
    "leather armour46808" a suit of leather armour.
    "leather armour48147" a suit of leather armour.
    "leather armour49681" a suit of leather armour.
    "leather armour50009" a suit of leather armour.
    "leather armour50209" a suit of leather armour.
    "leather armour50330" a suit of leather armour.
    You are wearing:
    "pack46162" an oil-treated leather rucksack, concealed.
    "weaponbelt77530" a double-banded leather belt, concealed.
    "pouch290152" a belt-hung leather pouch, concealed.
    You are holding 10 items.
    <8421/7698h 4724/4724m 30900e 21900w <eb> > <<Paused>> <18:58:27:118> smelt 46559
    You are not able to smelt that.
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Okay! Thought I got all the two-word armors. Everything else (just about) should still work. 
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    shield also isn't working, nor kite.
  • Someone told me HELP BOUNTIES might be out of date, or something. My question is, if I have a bounty on me, can someone from Enorian claim it as long as they're in Duiran's constabulary, or can only Duiranites claim it since it was placed in in Duiran?
  • Only those of the city can claim ones for their specific city.
    Malok
  • Thank you, @Dristin. I'll keep that in mind!
  • the actual code for claiming from an ally city's constabulary isn't in. but rules wise, you're allowed to claim for your ally city. just have to do it manually with someone who can remove bounties/do pay outs. 
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Still want the bounties system to be set up like the enemies one where it lists the reason, the date, and who enemied it/modified it
    ArbreIshin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Lim said:
    the actual code for claiming from an ally city's constabulary isn't in. but rules wise, you're allowed to claim for your ally city. just have to do it manually with someone who can remove bounties/do pay outs. 
    I thought it was changed to be only your citizens. It used to be any city could claim and it was changed. That suggests that admin want only that city killing .
    IshinAngwe
  •  well I have a message from raz which I've saved in case I get questioned about it anyway. 
  • So...in general, how long should I wait for some sort of reply to e-mailed artifact-related things before like, e-mailing again or some such? Not necessarily the 'hokay, I've done all of the things' e-mail, just the 'these are the answers to the question parts of the e-mail, workin' on the rest', e-mail? Waited a week or so, and then dropped a message, because I know e-mail likes to hide things in junkmail and all and people (especially our admin types) are busy and all. But usually I get that first response inside a couple days, and we're coming up on a couple weeks now. Don't mean to be pushy and all. Just. I dunno.
    imageimage
  • So....can we like, make it so the clouds/above the clouds can't be furnitured?

A privacy screen stands here, pale birch inset with intricate silver blossoms. The
    intricate designs of a Caentoi rug cover the floor. A glass table with an ebon-rose base is here, an
    ashtray made from a child's hand and a single-rose vase holding a unique rose atop it. A twin-winged
    office desk is here, a large obsidian desk chair has been placed at it. A bin of glossy obsidian is
    here, serpentine figures encircling it protectively. A charred firepit sits here, lined by a wall of
    rock and clay. A black leather couch has been placed against the north wall.

This is ridiculous. 1) there's no walls, 2) it's in the damn clouds.

>.> Maybe I should just mushroom everything all the time, at least if they rebuy it, I get gold out of the break in immersion. >.>
    imageimage
  • I have some ideas for something I'd like to do for the Indorani, and some of it requires someone to control mobiles and help me. Does anyone know who it'd be best to contact about something like this? Is it just the Patron, or maybe some bored Celani...or maybe noone at all? I have no idea.
  • Erzsebet said:

So....can we like, make it so the clouds/above the clouds can't be furnitured?

A privacy screen stands here, pale birch inset with intricate silver blossoms. The
    intricate designs of a Caentoi rug cover the floor. A glass table with an ebon-rose base is here, an
    ashtray made from a child's hand and a single-rose vase holding a unique rose atop it. A twin-winged
    office desk is here, a large obsidian desk chair has been placed at it. A bin of glossy obsidian is
    here, serpentine figures encircling it protectively. A charred firepit sits here, lined by a wall of
    rock and clay. A black leather couch has been placed against the north wall.

This is ridiculous. 1) there's no walls, 2) it's in the damn clouds.

>.> Maybe I should just mushroom everything all the time, at least if they rebuy it, I get gold out of the break in immersion. >.>

Sturdy enough to stand/fight on. I mean a random firepit is pretty funny in the sky, but there's no real reason why that stuff couldn't just chill there.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited February 2015
    It's not a gods be damned office. -.-

Tbqh, the couch that specifies walls annoys me the most, though I think all of it is stupid.
    imageimage
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Now I need to get my VIP membership to access this "sky lounge"
    Ishin
    Malok said:

I have some ideas for something I'd like to do for the Indorani, and some of it requires someone to control mobiles and help me. Does anyone know who it'd be best to contact about something like this? Is it just the Patron, or maybe some bored Celani...or maybe noone at all? I have no idea.

Check out HELP ORGREQ.

• Moirean said:

Check out HELP ORGREQ.

Ah yes. I forgot about that system. However, in the helpfile, it makes it sound like it's only for the GM/House Head/etc. Is that true, or not true, or somewhere in between?

• I got the impression, though I haven't tried it, that the org-leader would have to put it in for you.
    imageimage
    You can write it for the org leader and they can have you added as a participant in the req, so you'll see updates and can add comments.
    RiluoIshin