Short Questions

Comments

• a baby bat (5 gems)
    ^ Dear lord, please someone tell me how to acquire the gems to purchase this thing. PLEASE!
    MalokIshin
  • I recently had a furniture design approved for a pew. The design calls for 1 crystal as a comm. I successfully made a single pew, but all subsequent attempts have failed, stating that I lack the proper comms. Having tried every crystal I could think of, I have been unable to figure out what sort of crystal is needed for the design. I have a sneaky suspicion that the first time I made the pew it used u an encephalous crystal, but I am not 100% certain. Needless to say, I am not eager to burn up another one to find out. Not to mention, I need multiple pews.
    Anyone know how I can find out what crystal will work?
  • Another question...
    According to Announce post 2065 House mobs can be created for Havens. However, when I try to do CUSTOMISE 70 ASSIGN HERE to set the room it returns to after death, I get 'You can only assign a house mob to a room inside your house.' The message is the same whether I use HERE, the rooms vNumber, or the rooms godname (yarelhaven10.)
    So.. Is this a bug, or can House mobs no longer be made for havens?
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    @Asaraii they're from a, as far as I can recall, single-time treasure hunt event. I'm not sure if you can get the gems any other way.

I do have 3 you can have if you can find another 2.
    Asaraii
  • Batgirl is on it. >_<
    MalokIshinDenira
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Whatever happened to the new Ylem trees that were teased? Did they, or at least one, become the new tree released with Major Foci? Also, ylem mines?

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Malok
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Setne said:

Whatever happened to the new Ylem trees that were teased? Did they, or at least one, become the new tree released with Major Foci? Also, ylem mines?

Like a lot of things planned at the start of 2012/2013, they were scrapped. Manipulation, a new ylem tree, rose up this summer and has been waiting on a proper release. As it is now, it will go to the most successful city once Major Foci run more regularly. We're still in the isolated test phase of those, with a lot of tweaking to do. Before long, they'll be automated and run randomly like Lessers, so that goal will be realistic.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Ishin
  • While I've sort of caught up with what's new in Aetolia, I think I could 

Yarel said:
    I recently had a furniture design approved for a pew. The design calls for 1 crystal as a comm. I successfully made a single pew, but all subsequent attempts have failed, stating that I lack the proper comms. Having tried every crystal I could think of, I have been unable to figure out what sort of crystal is needed for the design. I have a sneaky suspicion that the first time I made the pew it used u an encephalous crystal, but I am not 100% certain. Needless to say, I am not eager to burn up another one to find out. Not to mention, I need multiple pews. Anyone know how I can find out what crystal will work?
    Message Becue to help you.
    Riluo
  • Where do I go to change my dang sig?

Politics
  • Gwenith said:

Where do I go to change my dang sig?

I was wondering that too for awhile. Turns out theres this barely noticeable gear icon next to the star icon under your name in the upper lefthand corner. Right above 'New Discussion'. You click it, then click preferences, then its there on the left.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • So, I just redid some changed to my Sentaari stuff and instead of having to wait 12 hours I thought Id go into the arena with the nify class pick mod..

+--------------------------------------------------------------+
    | General Skills Rank |
    | Mercantile Skills Rank |
    | Assumed Class Skills Rank |
    | Tekura 100% ######################### Transcendent |
    | Kaido 100% ######################### Transcendent |
    | Telepathy 100% ######################### Transcendent |
    | Mini Skills Rank |

and the Tekura, Kaido and telepathy was showing up yellow like I wasn't transcendent in them.. Which I am?

No to sound unicorn but, Why do I always find the silly things.. Is this meant to be or, a bug?
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • Here's a short question: Where do I find the NPCs that drop stag's horn when you kill them? Noone seems to know, or at least is willing to say.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • STAGs and all over the eastern ithmia, well not all over but in some spots.. @Malok
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Malok
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    There are some in Dolbodi too.
    Malok
  • if i want to contact a patron about something mechanical that needs done for an org, do i just message them or is there another command I should use? I don't want my request to get lost in the sea of messages they no doubt get every day.
    Check out HELP ORGREQ. It's there just for that purpose. :)
    [---]
  • thanks, this is the first time i've contacted a divine about something that needs done. Liska's very much a get-stuff-done-herself kind of girl
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Does Aetolia take American Express? The payment FAQ (http://www.ironrealms.com/payment-faq) is pretty outdated, so I dunno if the cards listed there are an accurate list.
    Last time I checked, Stripe accepts basically everything.
    [---]
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    @oleis That's not a verified yes or no. Is there any chance I can get one? My visa card is being replaced so I'm cardless except for my loadable American Express. I don't really want to put $600 on it and then find that Aetolia doesn't take the card. According to the outdated FAQ you don't, but it's super outdated...
  • is the policy here on metagaming absolutely 0 tolerance, Or can someone get away with " a little" metagaming? like acting off stuff they've seen screenwatching their irl friends that their char couldn't know about?

ps, i'm not metagaming :)
    edited January 2015
    Liska said:

is the policy here on metagaming absolutely 0 tolerance, Or can someone get away with " a little" metagaming? like acting off stuff they've seen screenwatching their irl friends that their char couldn't know about?

ps, i'm not metagaming :)

This is the sort of thing that we don't typically touch. We will intervene in situations where someone is being punished (and losing skills, class, etc.) based entirely on out-of-character information and grudges. We'll take OOC behaviors into account when dealing with PK issues. But more often than not, the "metagaming" cries that we get in our issue box are: untrue, spiteful attempts at getting someone punished, relatively harmless, impossible to prove, or literally all of those things.
    [---]
    Ashmer
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited January 2015
    Customizing, if you're sitting on cust. certs from back when they were a thing, I know the file said it can be used for a 50credit thing still, can two still be used to change the item's desc and type? Got two of them to custom my pigeon into something not a pigeon on an alt and just never got around to it.
    imageimage
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I'm sitting on three myself
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited January 2015
    ETA: NEVERMIND. NOTHING TO SEE HERE.
    imageimage
  • Jensen said:

I'm sitting on three myself

I got 14 of them.... and I suck at describing things. :( And I have about 5 artifacts I wanna customize :(
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Find reference pictures and have someone else write the descs for you?
    Teani
  • Zsadist said:

I got 14 of them.... and I suck at describing things. :( And I have about 5 artifacts I wanna customize :(

I'm sure there are plenty of people who would do commissions for customizations.

(Feel free to PM me for examples of my work. Ahem.)
    Areka
  • Yeah. I've been known to do commissions like that, just as well. Quite a few are.

Got a bunch of certs on assorted alts when I did the massive 50-ish artifact binge I did across assorted alts. But I only ever finished doing some of the designs. And then it changed. :/
    imageimage
  • Razmael said:

Kendri said:

I participated in one Major before the holidays, but I haven't seen any since. It was fun and I've been eagerly awaiting more. When can we look forward to seeing these again?

We'll probably have another one or two some time during this coming week.
    So uhh this didn't happen.