• .. that's a thong?
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited October 2014
    My anaaaconda doooont....

AldricTrigruIshinSetneTrager
  • So god damn creepy.

Politics
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Halp I've been stuck watching it for 5 minutes now. Is that butt? Hips? Cleavage of a second woman hiding behind her? The mysteries of liiiiiife.
    Ambivalence
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Ooh, Knife girl!

edited October 2014
    Is anyone getting spirit essence from the Bloodwood? I've killed like 50 and none have dropped yet. It looks like they only spawn once per night, too, so that 500 is looking impossible. Maybe even the 25 too...
    Riluo
  • I've had two of that Knife Girl mouse pad. I love it so much.

Aetolia admin need to get on the stick where merch is concerned... just put out a shirt and a mousepad of Knife Girl and you'd have an extra $100-200 a month, guys. Seriously. From me alone. We LOVE Knife Girl, you have no idea.

AldricIshinErzsebet
  • Regarding spirit essence - it is a percentage chance to drop. You may be getting bad RNG rolls.
  • edited October 2014
    Elie said:

We LOVE Knife Girl, you have no idea.

This. I would rock the hell out of a Knife Girl hoodie.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    IshinAarbrokArbreElieErzsebet
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I would rock the hell out of a Knife Girl knife!

Or a nice cup for my morning tea.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Is this Shadowbound story arc ever going to progress? Last time I heard, it was 'War soon(tm?)', except that was like...two months ago. RL time. Then the last thing before that was even longer ago.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Faerah
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Obyn said:

Regarding spirit essence - it is a percentage chance to drop. You may be getting bad RNG rolls.

Ah. RNGesus. Something intimately familiar to Destiny players. Pray, and keep the faith, and he will reward you in time.

Obyn said:

Regarding spirit essence - it is a percentage chance to drop. You may be getting bad RNG rolls.

No it was bugged. It got fixed.
  • What does the middle stat of a weapon actually DO? Is it called penetration? What does having a high penetration get me? 

Also, can someone take the lead on this project so I can get back to playing Aetolia? 
    Ishin
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    For carnifex it was the amount of soul they collected and I think in general weapon classes the chance to beat dodge.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• Riluo said:

For carnifex it was the amount of soul they collected and I think in general weapon classes the chance to beat dodge.

So pretty much next to nothing?
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    You say that, then you fight a Syssin that seems like they are dodging 50% of your hits.
    Sad day.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

They probably are, because of weaving.

I'm pretty sure penetration used to be a factor in your chance to MISS (versus dodge, which is factored off avoidance and dexterity). I don't think it really does anything anymore.

Maybe it should be reworked to increase secondary effects from a blow hitting - eg, pen would increase the amount of bleeding for a cutting attack while it would increase the amount of limb damage for a blunt attack, etc. That would add a bit of interest to forging. As-is, it's a dump stat.
  • Old hit decided hit. Now, hit is decided by weaponry or relevant guild skill, if everything isn't already 100% hit and we only factor dodge.

I though that pen was either supposed to be a bypass to physical resist, or reduction in the target's dodge.
    I mean, you know, an amount.

I'm pretty sure the concept of hit has been removed. Clumsiness or blurry vision can make you miss, but aside from that you hit 100%, last I heard.
  • Moirean said:

I'm pretty sure the concept of hit has been removed. Clumsiness or blurry vision can make you miss, but aside from that you hit 100%, last I heard.

You hit unless they dodge, yes. Pen only helps your damage get through a target's armor, afaik. Maybe 1-2 other super small things.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

edited October 2014
    Did something change behind the scenes recently? Mudbot mapper is repeatedly hanging in the middle of pathing (edit: only when using walk, gallop still works fine) and citadel is spamming out miasma unless I check defences.

Edit: figured it out. Apparently config daynight on breaks mudbot. :(
    Moirean said:

Did something change behind the scenes recently? Mudbot mapper is repeatedly hanging in the middle of pathing (edit: only when using walk, gallop still works fine) and citadel is spamming out miasma unless I check defences.

As far as the mapper, my path find has been hanging as well. I have literally had to PATH FIND STOP and then PATH GO DASH again several times while I was on.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Moirean said:

@Moirean yep it changes the color or something depending if its day or nite..
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    That's why I made a trigger to echo BLOODWOOD BLOODWOOD BLOODWOOD at me when the night falls line pops up.

Only took me like, four tries to get it to work. ./ashamed
    Nalor said:

Moirean said:

@Moirean yep it changes the color or something depending if its day or nite..
    Uhh yeah, that's the entire point of config daynight. However, it changes the DEFAULT colors, not exits, so I'm unsure why it would break mudbot, but it does.

It would be nice to have a gmcp for day/night or time of day, then I could just code my own version of it. As far as I can tell, setting a custom prompt is the only way to have time of day show without actually checking time of day repeatedly (or doing something fancy with a timer which will ultimately break because Aetolia time units aren't calculated as precise as RL time units; there's a reason we have leap years RL). I don't want that huge chunk of text in my prompt though, I just want like a little icon I can display showing sun/moon.

OMG ADD WEATHER GMCP TOO. I WILL MAKE WEATHER BUTTONS FOR GREAT RP GREATNESS.

Anyways, I guess I can just trigger it off every changing message, but gmcp would be nicer.
    IshinSeurimas
    edited October 2014
    @Keroc‌ @Oleis

Have tarot's fling and mentis' dwhisper messages 3p been changed? We were just testing and Ilyon says he has a log from ~5 days ago where the Tarot lines are visible, but now they aren't after some recent changes.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited October 2014
    That seems strange. Is there a chance you had blackout? To specify, are you not seeing the person flinging at all, or is there some sort of secondary effect message missing?

As a side note, Tarot Fling and Mentis are both basically getting rewritten in the next week or so for liaisons and a later release.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    @moirean - I think it breaks mudbot because it changes the room titles color, which is what mudbot reads for your location and where to go. Would need a trigger or something to reconfig the map color to whatever the night one is. That's my guess. I haven't played with that yet (and by play with I mean see if I can find Xavin and ask him and really play up how pathetic I am).
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited October 2014
    If you add IRE.Time to your supported modules, you should periodically receive time events (I think IRE.Time.Update) with the "daynight" value. 0 is dawn, 100 is dusk. So 0-100 is day and 101-200 (the max) is night.

ETA: Unfortunately weather would be awful. Maybe if we ever update that system.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    ArekaMoirean