Short Questions

Comments

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I have no idea what any of that means but +1 anyway because it sure sounds helpful! :)
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Oleis said:

That seems strange. Is there a chance you had blackout? To specify, are you not seeing the person flinging at all, or is there some sort of secondary effect message missing?

There's a bug in the system from a few months ago about this. It happens randomly and inconsistently, but the 3rd person messages get eaten. You don't see the actual fling. I was all yelling at people to stop standing there and fight and they were like we are O.o
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Ishin said:

@Keroc‌ @Oleis

Have tarot's fling and mentis' dwhisper messages 3p been changed? We were just testing and Ilyon says he has a log from ~5 days ago where the Tarot lines are visible, but now they aren't after some recent changes.

Tarot has invisible 3rd person messages if you're cloaked. I think some skills of necromancy do this too, but I'm not entirely sure offhand. Mentis whispers have never had a 3rd person message as far as I remember.
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Moirean said:
    That seems strange. Is there a chance you had blackout? To specify, are you not seeing the person flinging at all, or is there some sort of secondary effect message missing?
    There's a bug in the system from a few months ago about this. It happens randomly and inconsistently, but the 3rd person messages get eaten. You don't see the actual fling. I was all yelling at people to stop standing there and fight and they were like we are O.o
    No bugs, just turn off shroud and they'll show.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Oleis said:

As a side note, Tarot Fling and Mentis are both basically getting rewritten in the next week or so for liaisons and a later release.

No, we checked earlier, bro. We tested on Ilyon and they tested by hitting me. Neither Tarot nor Dwhisper are giving combat messages. If you guys are gonna change'em that soon, though, I can do without 3p/combat messages for a week or so though :)
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Are the new artifacts for the promotion only?

I wanted to gift the translocator to Lucus but I can't afford 400+ realbucks, even then to just have it bound to me. :(
  • Oleis said:

As a side note, Tarot Fling and Mentis are both basically getting rewritten in the next week or so for liaisons and a later release.

@Oleis I noticed the Tarot one happening for past few days too without blackout..

Last night (think it was) watching Ishin fight Cron and I was in phase.. I didnt see Ishins tarot throws was wondering how Adder kept hitting :/
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Nalor said:

Oleis said:

@Oleis I noticed the Tarot one happening for past few days too without blackout..

Last night (think it was) watching Ishin fight Cron and I was in phase.. I didnt see Ishins tarot throws was wondering how Adder kept hitting :/
    Yeah there's no 3p lines right now, so all you'll see is Adder. Cronides should still see the flings though, I didn't notice any discrepancies from 1p PoV.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited November 2014
    @Admin @Oleis @anyone!

Why when we get a bug message it comes up like...

"Bug #1234 and any potential children have been resolved with the following message:

,, potential Children? Who did I knock up? :/
  • @Nalor Potential children refers to the fact that we can and do merge bugs when there are multiple instances of the bug being reported. That way, instead of having somewhere between 2 and 50 instances of a bug sitting taunting us, we only have 1 bug.
  • Aye, I gathered that the whole children part throws me every time!! @Obyn
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Did we recently remove the ab's for all the chivalry skills? Because godamnit
  • @Oleis @obyn @Trigru‌

So, Who broke Xaanhal as its no longer mapped? The ingame mapper that is?

Heavily patrolled stretch of unforgiving rock.
    This room has not been mapped.

.... It normally has a map but for past few days it hasn't I figured you guys was just working on it but thought to ask :)
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Please be more aware of the tone of your posts and messages. 

There is a conflict between our instance mapping code and the shared IRE code. Our fixing this is delayed by some company-wide updates, which have themselves be delayed. If there are no further hurdles, we should hopefully have things patched back up over the weekend. 
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Oleis said:

???
  • Think he was talking to @nalor. Lost in translation, maybe!
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited November 2014
    Oleis said:

It was a JOKE, dont people on Aetolia know what a joke is anymore?

I was just making whoever aware that its broke since I guessed this would be faster then bugging so novices can still move around since its not just the instance which was having map issues..
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    You have a tendency to link the names of multiple Admin and you're often a bit abrasive in your description of issues. I'm aware it's a joke, but it gets tiring to read after the umpteenth time.
    Jensen said:

Did we recently remove the ab's for all the chivalry skills? Because godamnit

Thought I answered you earlier. Chivalry AB removal was my mistake. Didn't realize we had active Paladins. I'll see if I can find my backup of the messages.
    [---]
    Jensen
    You have no idea how thankful I am
  • or the rest of us that have to listen to him complain about not having ab files.
    JensenValingarIshin
  • With the Aalen no longer and the Bloodwood taking it's place, will we every get Belakai's garden back? And what happened to Sepal the Anthousai?

Politics
  • You know what I hate worse then things decaying while I'm busy working and can't log in. It's my system malfunctioning as soon as I log in.

Somethings I was able to figure out was just my own fault, leaving code half done before walking away from Mudlet. Other things are interestingly not working anymore. Like my chat capture. I have it, or rather had it, running off gmcp.Comm stuff. But now it's not working.... Is the Comm stuff moved? Or is my system just gimping out?
    'Those that do not attempt are those with the least stories to tell.'
  • Oh, and I'm back btw. >.>
  • @Daegon I use GMcp.comm for chat capturing in mudlet and have no issues.. I also use it in the system I sell and no one has complained
    edited November 2014
    As @Ishin mentioned in another thread (slipping my mind which, possibly Entropy), systems that rely on login triggers will have trouble with the updates to Rapture, as we have a new version number and a new way of handling colors. I think he recommended triggering "Last login was from domain: *" to fire your login routines.

This is relevant because one of the most common login actions is sending "supports gmcp.Comm" to Aetolia, which enables the functionality you're missing.

ETA: Yep. Start with this post. @Xenia has a really helpful screenshot to reference a few posts down the page if you're confused about implementation.
    [---]
  • Bazinga. Thank you both. Was the login trigger.
  • Soo, Whats this hitting through phased?

Ezalor's body quivers as the blood soaks into the gland and begins to smolder in his grasp with
    unseen heat. Slowly, black smoke rises from his palms and suddenly engulfs you in the deadly fumes.
    You cannot help but suddenly gasp in surprise, drawing the smoke into your lungs where a blazing
    rune of blood appears searingly upon your chest.
    -- prompt goes here ---
    The rune upon your body suddenly fades to black and sinks into your flesh. Suddenly rippling torment
    rattles through your body, shifting and warping your soul leaving you weak and drained.
    Mana Lost: 423
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Nalor said:

Soo, Whats this hitting through phased?

Ezalor's body quivers as the blood soaks into the gland and begins to smolder in his grasp with
    unseen heat. Slowly, black smoke rises from his palms and suddenly engulfs you in the deadly fumes.
    You cannot help but suddenly gasp in surprise, drawing the smoke into your lungs where a blazing
    rune of blood appears searingly upon your chest.
    -- prompt goes here ---
    The rune upon your body suddenly fades to black and sinks into your flesh. Suddenly rippling torment
    rattles through your body, shifting and warping your soul leaving you weak and drained.
    Mana Lost: 423

It's one of the Bloodborn rituals. I don't believe it's the one where you begin to share afflictions even though the messages look similar. I want to say it's the one where they can activate regardless of where you are so long as you're in the area to nuke a portion of your mana if they have your blood.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2