Short Questions

Comments

• Isn't there a way to pause your enemy list or something? I thought it was added. If not can we get it? So I don't get yelled a for not unenemying people fast enough when I'm half paying attention to an event. :(

Also I'm a goob and forget to re enemy people.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    CONFIG ENEMYLIST ON/OFF
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Why does the sacrificing of corpses using the sacrificial dagger now take balance. When it use to not? It doesn't take balance to offer at shrines.

ArekaMoireanTeani
  • Kerryn said:

Why does the sacrificing of corpses using the sacrificial dagger now take balance. When it use to not? It doesn't take balance to offer at shrines.

The change was recent and intentional. I don't remember seeing arguments why.

So. Zephyr artifact will let you start a dash on water, unlike waterwalking enchantment?

I mean, you know, an amount.

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Reux said:

Kerryn said:

The change was recent and intentional. I don't remember seeing arguments why.

So. Zephyr artifact will let you start a dash on water, unlike waterwalking enchantment?

Can dash while waterwalking too. Zephyr lets you LEAP while on water.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Oleis or perhaps another @Admin: With the burning of the Grand Aetolian Library, the passage to the Chapel Gardens was blocked, making it impossible for anyone aside from those with Syssin skills to get to the area through wormholes and do the quests there. Was this intentional or is there a way to open up a path into the area for everyone?

• On that note: Is there a place we can go to temporarily get bloodlines registered?
    Erzsebet
  • What is the +crit% for wearing a keeneye monocle?
    Rawr
  • Amberlea said:
    What is the +crit% for wearing a keeneye monocle?
    5%
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Amberlea said:

What is the +crit% for wearing a keeneye monocle?

The keeneye monocle gives a 2,5% boost to critical chance.

+-- Miscellaneous ---------------------+
    Crit. Chance | 60.23%

You are now wearing a keeneye monocle.

+-- Miscellaneous ---------------------+
    Crit. Chance | 62.73%

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2346
    Date: 12/17/2014 at 4:24
    To : Everyone
    Subj: Herolt's quiz

Hello all, I just want to clarify our rules a little bit in regards to
    Herolt's new quiz at the Grand Library.

It is considered to be a violation of our HELP SECONDS rules for you to
    attempt to take the quiz on multiple characters of yours within the same
    Howling (the quiz cooldown resets at Howling). Taking the quiz on more
    than one character per day gives you a clear advantage over everybody
    else by exposing yourself to more questions per day.

Watching OTHER people take the quiz and seeing what questions get asked
    is, however, a valid strategy.

Penned by my hand on the 3rd of Ios, in the year 437 MA.

@‌Alecto and whomever.

What is the difference between this and any other quest line, in terms of seconds abuse? For any new lifer I make knowing where the items are in Rahveir for the quests, or Darkie alts knowing to hand things in to Ugtar or Ennioch, or the Indyuk quest? Are those also things you should only do on one character?

It's already on a cool down, you die, it's got a challenge (and how much of an advantage is one more question? Out of how many? Even if you get it wrong? Two questions?). Especially as they seem to cycle given what other people have been asked when starting out - are you going to add more questions down the road to continually keep fresh questions in?
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    The difference is that most quests have inherent cooldowns in the form of item resets.

The problem we were attacking in that post was one of specific players machine-gunning through their alts one after another to eventually compile the right answers, which I think we can agree is kind of tooly.

To answer your last question -- yes. That quiz will change over time.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    ArekaAlissandraTeaniIshin
    Thank you for the response!
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Has ironbeard been making the rounds yet? If not what day does he start? Need to perfect the moibot for afking >_>
    DraimanIshin
    Soon! (no TM)
    [---]
    Erzsebet
  • Is it abuse of seconds to place an item on the auction house on one character, and then buy it on another? I mean, I can see how it might be, if you post it, log off, and immediately log onto an alt to buy it. But if it is posted at fair value, and later you buy it ...
    I would think it is sorta like having a character buy from a shop owned by an alt. Something else which I am not sure about being allowed or not...
    Erzsebet
    Yarel said:

Is it abuse of seconds to place an item on the auction house on one character, and then buy it on another? I mean, I can see how it might be, if you post it, log off, and immediately log onto an alt to buy it. But if it is posted at fair value, and later you buy it ...
    I would think it is sorta like having a character buy from a shop owned by an alt. Something else which I am not sure about being allowed or not...

This is something we'd rather you didn't do on purpose, but it does happen by accident every now and again.
    [---]
    I issued myself a few years back to get clarification about the alt shop stuff since I am lazy and hate running around if my main has all the supplies I need for sale. I was told it was fine as long as I wasn't explicitly stocking stuff clearly just for my alt or giving my alts special discounts. Is that ruling still valid?
    Moirean said:

I issued myself a few years back to get clarification about the alt shop stuff since I am lazy and hate running around if my main has all the supplies I need for sale. I was told it was fine as long as I wasn't explicitly stocking stuff clearly just for my alt or giving my alts special discounts. Is that ruling still valid?

Yep, that still applies for shopkeepers.
    [---]
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Is there something wrong with the Duiran academy at this time? I had a novice, Eaku, bugfile an issue that a few of them encountered. Was wondering if it was in fact faulty or if they were missing something. Thanks!
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

Trager said:

Is there something wrong with the Duiran academy at this time? I had a novice, Eaku, bugfile an issue that a few of them encountered. Was wondering if it was in fact faulty or if they were missing something. Thanks!

There is an incredibly bizarre code error with one of the mobs, yes. Still trying to hunt down what might be causing it. It makes less than no sense.
    [---]
    Trager
    Moirean said:

Has ironbeard been making the rounds yet? If not what day does he start? Need to perfect the moibot for afking >_>

Me too, gonna have to load up cmud so I can afk properly :D

learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Is there any way we can make the QUOTA commands (summary/log/contributions) show more than just the current quota? I'd like to do a benefits program off of it, but can't really because if someone fulfills the quota with 1394871903841 ylem mists, I won't be able to mark it for them. If I could check x quotas back or x months back, it would be really helpful.
    Ezalor and I have both submitted requests for this. My idea got merged with another just yesterday so someone has definitely seen the idea.
  • Was Nysaac removed from Vilimo, or have I just had incredibly bad luck finding him the last few days every time I've gone?
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • Aldric said:

Was Nysaac removed from Vilimo, or have I just had incredibly bad luck finding him the last few days every time I've gone?

Due to intense bullying, he's been relocated as part of the victim protection program. :-)
    Ishin

Aldric said:

Was Nysaac removed from Vilimo, or have I just had incredibly bad luck finding him the last few days every time I've gone?

Due to intense bullying, he's been relocated as part of the victim protection program. :-)
    Poor sod couldn't take -not- being bullied anymore is my theory. I think this has to do with the fact that since we were able to pick his corpse up straight after the kill, he had trouble using starburst to get bullied over and over again.

Ishin
  • *bullying isn't a joke* >.>
    'Those that do not attempt are those with the least stories to tell.'
    Daegon said:

*bullying isn't a joke* >.>

SAYS THE GUY FROM BLOODLOCH

<3
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Moirean
    @Daegon: I hope you were not truly offended by what was mentioned above about bullying.