Short Questions

Comments

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited February 2013
    @Fenrir
    Wise is actually 15% (level 2 eq). Crown is 7%. Crown + Wise is 2.96 dwhisper, 137 is the speed for a heavy blade to match that. Just Wise is 3.19 dwhisper I believe, which matches with ~122 speed heavy blade.

EDIT: Oh above numbers are for neutral balance. If you're Bloodborn then you'll have to test that yourself :P.

EDIT 2: I'm wrong actually. Wise is 14% as @Ilyon said, Crown and Wise stack additively not multiplicatively. Crown and Wise is still 2.96 dwhisper but just Wise is 3.22, not 3.19.
  • edited February 2013
    Njiran said:
    Is this correct:

1) Both living and undead can each be afflicted with 'asthma' AND 'limpveins'. (Though you can only ever have anorexia OR belonephobia, depending on whether you are alive or undead.)

2) Asthma would block smoking for a living character, limpveins has zero effect.

3) Limpveins would block injecting for an undead character, asthma has zero effect.

4) If I am undead and have limpveins sensitivity and blood poisoning would block me from curing limpveins with the eyeball slice.

5) If I am living and have asthma, I don't care about sensitivity and blood poisoning because asthma comes before them in the curing queue.

6) Annnd finally: Is there a reason why the curing queue is different for the respective 'asthma' aff for living and undead characters? (Assuming the previous statements are correct)
    1) Anorexia and belonephobia is the same affliction, you can't have both. You can indeed have both limp veins and asthma. The only situation where this makes a -very- minor difference is if you are a Bloodborn, as smoking is used in rituals.

2, 3, 5) correct

4) HELP CURES REANIMATION is wrong - in the Eyeball column, limp veins and asthma should be swapped, as eyeball cures limp veins between weariness and sensitivity.
    Osmond said:
    So in everyones findings so far (please only reply if you have tried PKing with the class) what seems to be the better statpack for Teradrim? I think dex and int look to be the best, I know dex is silly when you get your momentum going, but I'm interested in hearing how people have done with maybe Herc or something.
    The answer is 'it depends'. For 1v1, Dexterous is by far the best choice. For group combat, Dexterous, Herculean and Wise are all viable choices, depending on what you want to focus on. Herculean is best for raw damage, Wise is best for ranged combat (but suffers in melee, as you are forced into gold/gold runemark). If you want to do both 1v1 and group, pick Dexterous.

• The answer is 'it depends'. For 1v1, Dexterous is by far the best choice. For group combat, Dexterous, Herculean and Wise are all viable choices, depending on what you want to focus on. Herculean is best for raw damage, Wise is best for ranged combat (but suffers in melee, as you are forced into gold/gold runemark). If you want to do both 1v1 and group, pick Dexterous.
    That's kinda what I was thinking, thanks man!
  • Can someone go into more detail regarding Wise Teradrim 1v1?
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    The chocolates from EXPRESSLOVE... do they count for the single bonus, 4 hour duration after someone expresses their love for you? Or do you get the double bonus? Can you give them to your friend and they get the double bonus in either case?
  • Back during the days of Infernal and Paladin speed knight rapier combat, what was the necessary range to lock someone for a kill? If possible, I'd love to find what the range of acceptable speed was.

Like, slowest speed to make it viable to fastest known DSL time.
    edited February 2013
    Back in the day the fastest was ~2 second DSLs, so ~2 affs a second. Wise + Crown Mentis is 3 second dwhispers so you're at 3 affs a second. Same afflict rate.

Praenomen have no way around rebounding though so you have to give up your weapon venom when the enemy has that up. Bloodborn can bypass it but it slows their combo down to 3.44 seconds.
  • Ilyon said:
    4) HELP CURES REANIMATION is wrong - in the Eyeball column, limp veins and asthma should be swapped, as eyeball cures limp veins between weariness and sensitivity.
    Thanks! That makes a lot more sense. :)
    Demarcus said:
    The chocolates from EXPRESSLOVE... do they count for the single bonus, 4 hour duration after someone expresses their love for you? Or do you get the double bonus? Can you give them to your friend and they get the double bonus in either case?
    When you probe them look at whose mark it bears. It'll bear the mark of whoever did the expresslove so it'll give double bonus to anyone but that person.
    Demarcus
  • Fenrir said:

Back during the days of Infernal and Paladin speed knight rapier combat, what was the necessary range to lock someone for a kill? If possible, I'd love to find what the range of acceptable speed was.

I vaguely recall @Hadoryu mention that 2.2ish dsls were viable, though I don't know how well that argument would hold up now. He knows much more than I do in regards to Paladin rapier speed. Today though, you can get down to a 1.9something dsl i think. There was talk of someone having 1.8something rapiers too.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Hadoryu
  • Arti weapon runes don't work on icons, do they?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• Illidan said:
    Back during the days of Infernal and Paladin speed knight rapier combat, what was the necessary range to lock someone for a kill? If possible, I'd love to find what the range of acceptable speed was.

I vaguely recall @Hadoryu mention that 2.2ish dsls were viable, though I don't know how well that argument would hold up now. He knows much more than I do in regards to Paladin rapier speed. Today though, you can get down to a 1.9something dsl i think. There was talk of someone having 1.8something rapiers too.
    But I thought Aetolia worked on the quarter of a second, and rounded everything up. If that's still true, wouldn't anything slower than 1.83 be rounded to 2.0 ?
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Hasn't been that way in ages.
    Fenrir
  • edited February 2013
    Good news!

At level 100, which gives more health? 2 Con, or Level 2 Enhance? Also, anyone able to show by how much?
  • RhoRho
    edited February 2013
    At 100, each level of +Con gives you 300 more health, iirc, while each level of Enhance is 5%. 

Edit: I'm dumb and can't read. If you have 6000 health, they'd give the same amount. Any more and 10% Enhance is better, any less and +2 Con would be better.

Double edit with numbers:

14 Con                         4900 
    14 Con + 10% Enhance 5390

16 Con                         5500

Fenrir
    Keep in mind that enhance is also cheaper and provides a mana bonus too.

@Fenrir before you proceed with buying those artis make sure you're aware of the ylem amulets. They are basically temporary artifacts that you buy for gold and they don't stack with any artifacts of the same type. I think you're in Bloodloch so check out CHELP YLEM MIST, the most popular option seems to be to rock the white amulet (+1 all stats) with the green one (10% sip bonus). Then you can add an enhance arti onto that and get the full effect. It would be the most cost efficient. Otherwise you're basically paying 1000 credits for just +1 con (since it won't stack with the white amulet) vs 700 credits for 10% (since it will stack with the amulets). You could always ditch the white amulet to get the level 1 enhance one but I see no reason to do that considering that amulet is the equivalent of 350 credits while the white one is the equivalent of 2250 credits.
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    Fenrir! Buy the artis and then join Kiyotan, Daskalos and I in being grumpy that we can't use those damn amulets!
    Daskalos
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Realizing I have an obscene amount of health..

I like my 8537 Health.  NO TOUCHY.
    -Starchart
    -Lvl 2 Enhance
    -White Amulet
    -Chocolates
    -Powerful Statpack
  • Whuts a Starchart and how do I get one?
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    | Strength     : 17(+4)  Dexterity    : 18(+3)  Timeout   : 25 minutes    |
    | Intelligence : 19(+3)  Constitution : 16(+2)  Statpack  : Wise          |

No artis and haven't deffed up.  How?
    edited February 2013
    Fenrir said:
    Whuts a Starchart and how do I get one?

HELP CRYPTIC CHESTS

It basically lets you choose what effect you want the stars to have on you. 

Protip: +Health stars give slightly more HP than +con stars.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    What the hell is Duiran supposed to look like? Every time I think I have it figured out, another room description throws me through a loop. Is it inside one hollowed-out mountain with the Great Oak breaking through the top of it? Or several really, really steep mountains that somehow connect to each-other? Or is it a valley with several really, really steep mountains surrounding it? Or what?

I'm confuddled
    :-S
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    It's a huge valley, and most of Duiran is actually the hollowed-out insides, pathways around, and branches of a colossal tree, known as the Great Oak.

If you thought it was confusing you should've seen old Duiran.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I just keep wishing someone would artisanal it.
    HaydynAngwe
  • I just keep wishing someone would delete it.

POW.
    Osmond
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Arbre - I've given it several tries, but as @Angwe says, it's really confusing.

• Wait wait wait...  I just went over this thread. http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/154/player-accountability-and-the-lack-thereof/p1

Is 1v1 combat dead? Cause... yeah. Totally not bothering to come back if it's just Groups humping against each other.
  • The staff recently added a new thing that encourages 1v1 combat. I can't remember what it's called though, because I lost interest the moment I saw I needed to pay a billion gold just to be allowed to do 1v1 fights (when all I need to participate in group mosh-pits is a gnarly attitude).
    FenrirRivas
  • it's 75,000 gold to join the sect. 1v1 combat still happens, the sect encourages players to participate.

Fenrir
  • @Angwe - I just think of it as this
    ArbreEmelleLianca