MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• Omei said:

My brother proudly texted me this picture of his new tattoo this morning.

The groan of agony I just gave.

It's like I passed 50 kidney stones at once.

OmeiIshinAryannePiperValenaeAarbrokPeriluna
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    well it sure is a conversation piece

VolkaEmellePiperAarbrok
  • VolkaVolka Lurking behind the beakers....
    edited July 2014
    That makes more sense than allowing a tattoist to somehow turn your child's (?) face into a demonic apparition and then permanently etching it into your cheek. But hey whatever he wants, it's his skin and all. My angry: [spoiler] as scared as it makes me, I'm seriously considering applying for a transfer. If I can't get one, I'm probably going to go looking for a new job, if nothing else than to use the offer as leverage. I'm not putting up wit this level of incompetence anymore. I know I come off as a half-cocked raging cunt most of the time when I'm bitching about my boss, but the fact is, I've been putting up with shit like this for the last year, since she got the promotion. We have to deal with her staying hours after she gets off shift, yaking in our ears at the most high volume (I generally go home with a headache) or she comes in significantly early and does thesame, distracting us, which means we miss shit, which she then yells at us for doing. It makes us look like shitty guards, when we really aren't. Her failure to properly train the 'new guy' is more and more apparent every day, as he continues to screw up, and one of her favorite past times is to bitch aout one of my other co workers, which is not only bad form, it' against company policy. There are things that the Client has asked for us to do that she has flat out told me that she won't be doing, she's incapable of proper scheduling, and her paperwork is atrocious. Did I mention she likes ambiguously yelling at us in the log book, which in my line of work is a legal document, permissible in court, and available for Company and Client review at ANY time? She's the type of guard and manager that gives us all a bad name. And I shouldn't have to turn my phone off in the morning when I get home just so I can get sleep without her texting me with inane questions or bitching because she's inept. I shouldn't get blamed for people not being accounted for when they didn't leave on my shift either, but there you go. One way or another, I'm leaving. [/spoiler]
  • AuresaeAuresae Minneapolis
    My knee is still killing me, and my other knee is starting to hurt from compensating.
  • Co-workers who manufacture drama to feel important.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

IshinVolkaErzsebetAarbrokStathan
  • I have old lady hands :(

Politics
  • That's not necessarily a bad thing. For instance, are you an old lady?
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Traded feeling better for loss of net. Entire building is down with net and cable. Curse you comcast! At least phone has speech to text so posting isnt too painful.
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Gwenith said:

I have old lady hands :(

I feel you. Though, I've got that plus my upper leg near my hip has a muscle that keeps pulling.

• Bad news that should be good news but isn't.

• Saban currently pursuing legal action against the small indie dev team making Chroma Squad--a tactical/turn-based game where you manage a tokusatsu/sentai studio to make the best show possible. I am aware this is in protection of their brand/representation in the west for all sentai-themed things, but I am really not pleased to see it happening all the same.

Just going to express myself with this damned cat.
    Volka
  • I am definitely not an old lady. I am now resolved to go see a palm reader to freak them out.

Politics
    VolkaAshmer
  • edited July 2014
    So. I'm incredibly ill today so I left work early. I work in the middle of nowhere (in Florida so it's not like we have a 'border' with another country) and some idiots were on the street corner protesting immigrant children and the border crisis. Now, I'm Puerto Rican, brown and was stuck at the street corner waiting for the light to change. Since windows are transparent, they saw me and started screaming at me to "go home."

What a lovely day.
  • >:( Unicorns-wiping unicronheads.

Also.... How do you protest immigration when you.... Don't live by the border the immigration is happening at? What do you expect to gain? I mean, really, the best you're going to accomplish is inform people who don't give enough unicorns to learn about current events on their own that there is a crisis to have an opinion about.

Not to mention.... What is there to protest? "SMALL CHILDREN WHO DON'T ORIGINATE AROUND HERE OR LIKELY SPEAK OUR LANGUAGE FLUENTLY! STOP TRYING TO MIGRATE!" Like... what?

• I don't know. It was a bunch of white housewives with nothing better to do with their Friday morning. Their signs all read things like "DEPORT THE CHILDREN" and "SAY NO TO IMMIGRANT CHILDREN," "DEFEND OUR BORDER," and "PROTECT OUR CHILDREN." As soon as I saw them I was like "...*sigh*" and then they saw me and started pointing like I was some sub-human telling me to "go home." Which, mind you, I was born in the US... But even further, Puerto Ricans are US citizens... So... There's also that.
    AshmerIshinVolka
  • edited July 2014
    Scratch that question. Got me some help.
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Faerah said:

I don't know. It was a bunch of white housewives with nothing better to do with their Friday morning. Their signs all read things like "DEPORT THE CHILDREN" and "SAY NO TO IMMIGRANT CHILDREN," "DEFEND OUR BORDER," and "PROTECT OUR CHILDREN." As soon as I saw them I was like "...*sigh*" and then they saw me and started pointing like I was some sub-human telling me to "go home." Which, mind you, I was born in the US... But even further, Puerto Ricans are US citizens... So... There's also that.

It's probably about people hopping the "border" in a boat. Florida's a common spot for that.

That people treat other human beings this way without examining who that person is (plot twist: Puerto Ricans are U.S. citizens too, huehuehue) sucks. The same goes in reverse, too. These people honestly believe that they're being personally threatened by "immigrants." It's stupid, ignorant, unworkable and crude, but they've obviously got a strong belief. Oh, human beings.

Oh, sorry, Mad thread.

I'm mad that going out to get food requires me actually putting clothes on.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Elie
  • Only if you're chicken, @ashmer.

Also, @faerah. You get my respect. There's probably a high likelihood that I would have gotten out of my car and made a couple of on the spot corrections. :P
    Weirdly, we're going over race in my anthropology course right now. Scientifically, race doesn't exist. Skin color is controlled by several alleles and so racism is an entirely social construct; you're protesting something that doesn't exist. Plus, NO ONE (but the Native Americans) would be here without immigration ANYWAYS so, you know... punch them in the nose.
    StathanAryanneEmelleAshmer
  • Fun fact, when I got my concealed carry permit in NC they required me to put my race down. I clicked other, and then wrote in human. Lady stared at me for like 3 minutes and then accepted the form.
    AryanneEmelleIshinAshmerHavenTeaniVolkaWinterlynn
  • I should start putting 'cracker jack' as race.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Toz said:

I should start putting 'cracker jack' as race.

Is there a prize when someone finishes you?

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    OleisFaerahOmeiMoireanHaven
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    >.>
    imageimage
  • Setne said:

Toz said:

I should start putting 'cracker jack' as race.

Is there a prize when someone finishes you?
    Maybe. It's pay to play though, so step right up?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Haven
    I don't like these random ninja changes to the forums. While being able to expand the post box is cool, the fact that it defaults to a light color and they seem to have cut down the number of emoticons, is really annoying.

Ingram said:
    HOW DO I COLOR
    Learn HTML.

Ingram said:
    Omei
  • edited July 2014

Mobile forums post literal aparently. Not sure if what I'm doing would work.

I mean, you know, an amount.

Periluna