Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• What is this academy you all speak of?

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Aww. :( I feel your pain, my newbs don't get one either. :(
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited April 2014
    Moirean said:
    If you swap cities you can do the Academy there to get a new honors line that overwrites the old, and a lot of people do. See: Aarbrok's honors.
    That still changes nothing, Moirean. You can redo the Ciem quest as well. That doesn't necessarily mean depending on the line you have, that's the side you're on. If people are using these lines as a means to categorize people to a side/tether, there is a huge flaw to their logic. The line only denotes what they've done in the past and shows no indication of what they're currently doing.

honors Areka
    Knight Areka Morrog
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    General:
    She is 119 years old.

Fame:
    She successfully defended Ciem from invaders.

Guess Areka is shadow tethered.

help enorian
    12.8.5 Enorian, Beacon of Light
    Heralds: Areka, Daskalos, Roux, Mireia, and Kerryn

Oh wait...

honors Solaria
    Grand Duchess Solaria Bahir'an
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    General:
    She is 346 years old.

Fame:
    She struck back at the Steelhew regime by slaying Grufin Stonehand, Juxa's adjutant.
    She has reigned as ruler of a city.
    She is a graduate of the Academy of Duiran.

Oh man, guess Duiran has vampire citizens now. Someone's abusing a bug to bypass the tether system in place...
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Ishin
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Not assuming it's A=B more so that "Hey, their honors shows allegiance to shadow tether.... better look into that."  Syssin like to be sneaky and I prefer to avoid having obvious tags on my character... at least I did before becoming a secretary.
    Ishin
  • What Jensen said.

The line is a strong suggestion of affiliation, even if people hop sides, it's one more reason someone covert doesn't need for others to be suspicious. Especially if they're young and it's the only thing slapping up their honors line.
    Ishin
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited April 2014
    Awwyeah Ciem, that was my Infernal Knighting task, after which Sryaen was like "Sup you're a Knight now *brofist* time to idle"

Edit: On the other side of the coin, the honours line (having an honours line from finishing something early one is a hook for "yeah I did something and people can see it." even if it's only a little something. I would imagine having it specific to the org they chose is intended to help feel more integrated/associated with that org, though the success of that I cannot say.

I DO think, however, that it is the noobs that should be polled (if possible) on this - for what they like/what they took it as/possible consequences and if they'd like to keep it, since it is primarily new players it is for and affects rather than alts (who can skip it and vermin hunt to get those materials like we always have), or us toadies.

Edit Edit: Could neutralize the honours line and keep the little item you get as specialized/fancy for whatever academy you finished, that way you get a special, unique item (though would be great if it provided a little boon/had a use for noobs, maybe having the degree for the city you're in gets you a discount from the NPC shops of that city, idk man). Those little things are always p. cool, I love my tokens from participating in stuff. 

I'm not a hoarder though, really. REALLY. 
    Jensen
  • If anyone's only using ONE piece of information to decide what side a person is on, that person should probably not be in charge of deciding what side a person is on.

Just sayin'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

LinAreka
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Rivas said:
    If anyone's only using ONE piece of information to decide what side a person is on, that person should probably not be in charge of deciding what side a person is on.

Just sayin'.
    repeating what I said. "Hey that person has something from shadow tether, lets investigate"
    "You cannot add a power to that."
    "You may only make jewelry returning!"

Is there any way the things we can add arti powers or returning to can be expanded out? Over the years there have been cool items, mementos from RP or events, that I'd like to save just for nostalgia. I'd totally pay 10-25 credits just to keep something to remind me of a past cool event or RP or whatnot.
    SessizlikJensenIshinArekaXeniaAryanneJaslinePeriluna
  • Moirean said:
    "You cannot add a power to that."
    "You may only make jewelry returning!"

Is there any way the things we can add arti powers or returning to can be expanded out? Over the years there have been cool items, mementos from RP or events, that I'd like to save just for nostalgia. I'd totally pay 10-25 credits just to keep something to remind me of a past cool event or RP or whatnot.
    yes to this so much. For example, I want to make Xenia's custom tankard non-decay simply because I like it so much. 

Aarbrok
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    So I was thinking that maybe Claw, Sword of the Hunt could be something more like Claw, Weapon of the Hunt. As it is now, it's really only viable for classes who can wield a sword well.

It could show up a little something like this.

Ishin is here, wielding the amorphous Claw, Weapon of the Hunt in his left hand, and a spiked kite shield in his right.

Then, it would let you use your normal class-based attacks but apply Claw's bonus(dmg and crit ability) to them.

Thoughts??
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    RiluoJensen
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited April 2014
    Yes f-ing please. This makes so much more sense for utility of use than a sword that few people can use.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Ishin
    Could PROJECTS READ and PROJECTS ALL be made into investible guild rank privs? Apparently GR 1 can't even read projects. O.o
    LinIshin
  • New idea: READLOG DEATHSIGHT as its a pain to look through the whole log to see who killed who :(

^^ Only mean for player v player kills
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • edited April 2014
    Been said before but HOUSE SKILLS (person), HOUSE INV (person).

Edit: Forgot HOUSE SCORE (person)

• Could we perhaps make gears and flasks of oil for bombcrafting become cachable? They have a decay time and are not cheap, and it seems sad that we should only purchase any when we are considering crafting a bomb (which currently isnt even a used skillset)
    Daskalos
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I think the shop directory is a neat addition, but I'd be even happier if it showed the price a person would actually pay (with discounts/markups) as opposed to the flat price.
    Moirean
    It also keeps showing unstocked stuff or stuff on hidden shelves.
    Could we please get the design HELPs updated to clearly gather and explain the different tags used between crafting? Even if it's just a new HELP DESIGN TOKENS (that is listed on HELP DESIGNGUIDELINES and each craft, OR put those tokens clearly marked in each HELP (TRADESKILL) or something for $(direction$), $(dye$) - $(dye1$) - $(dye2$), $(thing$), etc? 
    Can the classless restriction please be removed from Certimene?
    havenbanner2
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited April 2014
    Re: Crafting DIRECTORY--haven't noticed it showing unpriced stuff. HAVE noticed it -not- showing things on normal visible shelves.

ETA: Fixed. >.> Have crafting shelves on the brain.

Speaking of. Does anyone know if there's a limit to how many things you can put on one crafting shelf?
    imageimage
    I do not think there is a limit, but each item counts towards your stockroom allowance. 
    Not exactly. You can stock more than the stockroom cap via crafting shelves, your unfiltered wares display will just cut off.
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Oh! That explains it. I was like I JUST ADDED A TON OF DESIGNS, WHY DOES IT LOOK LIKE I ONLY HAVE 4 KINDS OF PANTS.

I guess that's why the directory doesn't show all of the things too?
    imageimage
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Achaea did this years ago and I always liked it --- each time a mob is alive past it's respawn time, it gains extra experience. It encourages the hunting of lesser hunted places -- always thought it was cool.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

IshinErzsebetDemarcus
    Isn't in our code already? I also recall mobs give more XP when stacked and when they've killed a player they're stronger and give more XP.
    havenbanner2
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    edited April 2014
    This is for when they're just sitting there... so, say, no one bashes Mor for a week. Those mobs are  going to be worth a lot more. It creates an incentive to go out and find lesser travelled locations. They're not always going to be worth it, but sometimes, it'll be like hitting a jackpot. I think they cap out at like 10 times their normal worth or something like that so you don't have some mob sitting somewhere that's worth a hundred levels.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• Fissure will be awesome!

@Moirean - if crafting shelves are letting you exceed stockroom space, that means it's bugged and should be bugged since it goes against what the design of the shelves initially were. 
    edited April 2014
    I always bug stuff. Probably to the point of driving the admin nuts. I bugged it months ago because my wares wasn't displaying everything I had stocked and was told it was because wares list was over 1k. I dunno if it's been ruled as low priority bug or a shrug, wonky feature but they are aware of it. It's virtual items, not real ones, so it's not interacting with the stockroom. I don't see how it goes against the design? It goes...sideways to it? Craft shelves were made to make it easier to stock crafted goods. In any case, they are aware and have been since right after the system went in.