Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• I screwed up royally with this event. Only online for an hour or two at a time due to work, and thought I understood the territory control put in place and how it worked, obviously not. Now it looks like I hosed up royally. Not only do I feel like crap about it, now my character looks like a total jackass.

Sorry guys.
    IshinValingar
  • @Saybre from what I hear it was a fluke that caused that. Some troops happened to be in the right place at the right time. Not really your fault. Besides, this is salvageable. I've got plans. And two of the three control points in Hashan that we can actually get to are currently unmanned.

• Saybre said:
    I screwed up royally with this event. Only online for an hour or two at a time due to work, and thought I understood the territory control put in place and how it worked, obviously not. Now it looks like I hosed up royally. Not only do I feel like crap about it, now my character looks like a total jackass.

Sorry guys.
    No worries. This wouldnt be war without some causalities. Not to mention, I dont think people would/should judge you on a new system we are all still trying to get used to
    Piper
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    I'm missing all of this and I've wanted it since I started playing Aet, Win8 I h8 u
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Saybre At least you've the cojones to say you're sorry and fess up to being wrong, bro. Lot of people wouldn't do that.

I rage at dramatic crap. No one in specific, just, dramatic crap in and of itself. F you.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Angwe said:
    I'm missing all of this and I've wanted it since I started playing Aet, Win8 I h8 u

Compatibility mode, @Angwe! It will work for zmud and for cmud and it's best to use it with mudlet too. for Zmud, download but DO NOT LAUNCH. Right click your zmud icon, go to properties, compatibility, and XP service pack 2. Also choose to run as administrator. You may then  run it without windows 8 freaking the hell out. cmud is a little less dramatic but it still prefers win7 best. Mudlet works on win8 but it likes win7 compatibility mode too.

Neithan
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I'm getting really sick of logging into messages like:

So-and-so insulted me.
    XYZ threatened me.
    I got attacked by personX when I was bashing.
    PersonY won't stop cursing at me.

I'm not an org leader because I want to play Mommy to a bunch of children. 
    AlexinaPerilunaArekaJensenSolariaCannanCiarellePiperIshin
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Moirean said:
    I'm getting really sick of logging into messages like:

So-and-so insulted me.
    XYZ threatened me.
    I got attacked by personX when I was bashing.
    PersonY won't stop cursing at me.

I'm not an org leader because I want to play Mommy to a bunch of children. 

I stepped down as leader of Ve'kahi because of this. Somehow, I was supposed to step in with all the weight of the house behind me because one of our members insulted someone and then got PK'ed, and I also had to do the same over personal, relationship-related drama, and then someone embraced someone that was not even member of the house, and, and, and...

<.<

At least it seems like things have calmed down. Or it's just because I'm not in that position anymore.
    I never really ran across that. I'd just tell both parties to grow up and move on. @Mariena‌ I got the blue screen of death, wouldn't even boot Windows. Tried using a recovery point from another Win8 machine on a USB, wouldn't take it 'cause the manufacturer was different. Tried installing Ubuntu instead, wouldn't work. After this, I discovered that Acer had a built-in way to access the recovery partition from the BIOS, but I'd destroyed the partition in trying to install Ubuntu.
  • Angwe said:
    I never really ran across that. I'd just tell both parties to grow up and move on. @Mariena‌ I got the blue screen of death, wouldn't even boot Windows. Tried using a recovery point from another Win8 machine on a USB, wouldn't take it 'cause the manufacturer was different. Tried installing Ubuntu instead, wouldn't work. After this, I discovered that Acer had a built-in way to access the recovery partition from the BIOS, but I'd destroyed the partition in trying to install Ubuntu.
    See if you can't get some recovery media. Alternatively, find yourself a windows disk.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    @Angwe - the plural of anecdotal is clearly data, right? I used to think "I don't see why X leader has problems/stress with Y thing. I handle it fine, maybe they just aren't that good." - over time I've discovered that I just hadn't experienced the right combination of situations yet.
    JensenAngweXavinArekaSolariaAryanneFerrik
  • There does seem to be a rash of overwhelmingly childish behavior of late. Must be something in the water.

imageimage
    SolariaPerilunaIshinFerrikKatszia
  • @Daskalos
    I may or may not have a rolled a mage back in Achaea, that way. Took hours and hours of small bets though.

@Moirean
    I got a bit of that in the Bahkatu, but mostly from enemies complaining about my guildies killing them. I eventually caved and disciplined them. I regret that. I should have ignored the messages and just spoken with them discreetly, pointing out the pk rules. 

Before that, in another guild somewhere else (Achaean sents, pre-issue-system), I got messages from my own guildies telling me that other people (mostly guild enemies) were killing them. This, I loved. If they weren't being griefed too badly, I used to force them to duel the person in question, even though they mostly didn't stand a chance. This taught them that losing a fight isn't the end of the world, and that they could handle their own mess. And if they were being griefed, then I got to do something about that, which was also fun.

• SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    @Moirean - it's what started my desire to step down in Duiran. Sometimes, it just isn't worth it. There really has been an overwhelming amount of childish behavior, like Minarael said. People starting trouble for the sake of starting trouble. I can't deny that 50% of my reason for switching sides was motivated by that kind of behavior being rampant.

Katszia
  • Been around the world and found/That only stupid people are breeding/The cretins cloning and feeding/And I don't even own a tv.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

SetneLinPerilunaKatszia
  • edited March 2014

A weathered trashheap.
    A smattering of clouds fills the sky, lacing it with spiderwebs of grey.
    You see exits leading east and southwest.
    H:5200(100%) M:3720(86%) W:99% E:90% EXP:56.65% [ eb] Phased

A large grassy lawn.
    A smattering of clouds fills the sky, lacing it with spiderwebs of grey. Heavy barricades of stone
    and wood have been constructed here, flying the flag of the Steelhew Regime. There are 3 black-
    cloaked Troll channelers here. There are 2 pieces of irid moss in 2 stacks here. The twisted remains
    of Xavin lie here. There are 2 black-cloaked Troll marksmen here. Oddly deflated, the gargantuan
    body of Agrasha lies here.
    You see exits leading north, east, south, and west.
    You feel the terrible malignant force of a black-cloaked Troll channeler's will penetrating the veil
    of phase and tearing it to bits.
    H:5200(100%) M:3720(86%) W:99% E:90% EXP:56.65% [ eb]

A weathered trashheap.
    A smattering of clouds fills the sky, lacing it with spiderwebs of grey.
    You see exits leading east and southwest.
    A lash of searing magical power snaps in from a neighboring area, seizing you and dragging you away!
    A black-cloaked Troll channeler lashes ward with a searing chain of magical power.

A large grassy lawn.
    A smattering of clouds fills the sky, lacing it with spiderwebs of grey. Heavy barricades of stone
    and wood have been constructed here, flying the flag of the Steelhew Regime. There are 3 black-
    cloaked Troll channelers here. There are 2 pieces of irid moss in 2 stacks here. The twisted remains
    of Xavin lie here. There are 2 black-cloaked Troll marksmen here. Oddly deflated, the gargantuan
    body of Agrasha lies here.
    You see exits leading north, east, south, and west.
    A hissing volley of arrows slams down all around you, several sticking in your
    flesh!
    A black-cloaked Troll marksman fires off a volley ward.
    A hissing volley of arrows slams down all around you, several sticking in your flesh!
    You feel incredibly tired suddenly, and fall asleep immediately.
    A black-cloaked Troll marksman fires off a volley ward.
    H:459(8%) M:3720(86%) W:99% E:90% EXP:56.65% [ eb]

Sparks flicker and snap through the air as a black-cloaked Troll channeler sends a tangled bolt of
    lightning ripping into you.

You have been slain by a black-cloaked Troll channeler.
    Experience Lost: 7500 [total: 1955521]

:-w :-w :-w
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited March 2014
    @Daskalos

The main reason I will never play or want to play a lifer again, I cannot stand people so full of themselves.
    I really hope the player is not like the character, though I have never had the chance to find out.

Not trying to be an ass, I just really dont like being associated with characters like that, which was my reason for returning.
    I really as a character hated having to depend on Enorian.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    edited March 2014
    The last thing you said to me was 'I won't be associated with Larissa' and next thing I knew you were back in Spinesreach. I don't care how you play. I'm more annoyed that I mis-posted trying to pump up Saybre after he feels down IC and OOC and people had to act like unicorns.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Ishin
    Not gonna lie Dask, you and Larissa are two things I would rather not deal with, on an IC or OOC level.

Daskalos showboats alot, it gets old.  I dont think you are a bad person, but most your posts as Dask are pretty backhanded.
    Just gets really annoying after a while to log into "The Daskalos Show" every day.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    And again, that post was literally meant for Enorian's newsboards. IT was not meant for public, and I asked dhar if he could delete it but he couldn't. I -hate- that there's no window for misposts where you can't delete a post. 

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

AryanneKatszia
    I didn't mean to come off like I was criticizing you, @Moirean! Nor did I mean to trivialize yr situation. Apologies. @Xavin‌ Well, I ended up calling Acer in desperation on Friday and discovered that whoever owned that laptop before me had a 3-year warrantee. My laptop is in Texas now, or hopefully on its way back.
    Xavin
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    What kind of drama do you people actually like? ...cause I honestly find it hard to believe that so many of you would dislike drama yet play a game primarily about drama.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    DaskalosCalipsoAryannePerilunaVeovis
    edited March 2014
    Who said anything about Drama?

I was just pointing out a general distaste for the Aetolian 1% and the fact they can never do wrong.

Though I must admit, it must be hard being flawless.
    Calipso
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    @aarbrok get back to polishing my juggernauts belt. peasant :D
    AarbrokIshin
    <3@Jensen.

Yessir, shine it up real good for Massa Jensen
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    It's more of a general question than one particularly directed at you or Moirean, @Aarbrok. The complaint of drama this and drama that is a frequent resident in this thread and I cannot help but wonder...
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Veovis
  • There is nothing about the above post that I don't agree with 101%. I rage that I can't "Agree" it more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

PerilunaIshin
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Areka said:
    Drama that I dislike is the petulant 'pay attention to me and give me what I want or I'll whine and pout and cry and threaten until I get my way, even if it's destructive to the organization and doesn't serve any IC purpose other than to validate me'
    This can just die.
    VeovisIshinKatszia
This discussion has been closed.