Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Lin said:
    I don't want to think of how many lessons/credits I've wasted getting Infernal, dropping Infernal, getting Syssin, dropping Syssin, getting Monk, getting Syssin again, dropping Syssin again, getting Sentinel, dropping Sentinel, getting a third slot, getting Lycanthrope, getting Syssin a third time, dropping Lycanthrope, getting Templar, dropping Templar, getting Lycanthrope a second time...
    Don't even get me started..

• On the topic of multiclass, wtb Infernal.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

HavenIshin
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    I tri'd scio, carni, and Indo, and dropped them all. I've actually tri'd Indo twice now, and almost tri'd syssin twice.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Yes plz, @Toz. WTB!!
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I really should just get with the program and rejoin the darkside.  :-w
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    JensenXiuhcoatlSaritaCalipsoErzsebet
  • edited March 2014
    @Drai and a personal rant.

Scio is incredibly frustrating. You need to prepare extensively before fighting anyone. It's absurd how much work you need to put in to be effective with the class which BTW can be negated by the other person being equally prepared. Retardation holds the class up, but that's only because everyone else is a complete scrub when it comes to fighting in it. Like, nobody has a valid retardation offense or curing method and you need to punish them for it. That's the only way to win. You win because everyone else sucks. I don't really use the class because it's good, I use the class because other people are bad. Like really bad. Seriously bad. Terrible kinda bad. What also gets me going is people assume that the sciomancer class has another way to fight people. They assume this because HURR DURR I HAVE ASCENDRIL. AB ELEMANCY SHOWS ME YOU HAVE OTHER MOVES. Oh, but wait. AB SCIOMANCY doesn't have those moves. In fact, Ascendril are a lot better than sciomancers in retardation and outside of it. If you think differently you're a moron. That's not ABBAB, that's true. You're seeing a fact and going NO TRUTH CAN'T BE TRUE!

Carnifex is worthless. Terrible class. Freaking awful. Slap makers silly. 

Indo is more frustrating than Sciomancer but not worthless. I mean you can tank someone indefinitely until they run out of mending which is their most reliable tactic. Literally if you can stop the shatter you can stop the class. If you can stop death and shatters there's nothing the class can do. I swear to god, this is frustrating because people are morons and don't understand that when I'm doing stuff it's because there's no better alternative. I don't work from the worst tactic up. I work from the fastest tactic to the slowest. And people get all uppity like I KNOW BETTER THAN YOU XIUH ABOUT THE CLASS YOU'RE PLAYING! YOU CAN USE OTHER THINGS WITH THE INDORANI CLASS! HURP DE DURP DE DURP DE DURP DURP DURP. And sure I could, give me tons more artifacts so I could bash you to death with decay and stars, bonedagger and stars, and maybe some form of weaponry+stars otherwise shut your ignorant mouth. This has happened tons of a time in different forms, I'm not just talking about a singular person or two. A recurring theme of stupidity and ignorance. So frustrating. I know they're wrong. I just don't have the energy to tell them how wrong they are at ever point they're wrong. At times I get too taxed. I can't ABBAB. Sometimes I just gotta let people slide.

I get really frustrated by lycan combat. It's pretty good. Like it's pretty good. It's not as noob checky as my other classes. It does have a newb check nature in it doe, but it's not limited to it. The problem is the audit is so bad everything bashes me to death. I really wish some of the people that tell me to get a new class can put their credits where their fat ugly mouth is and give me the credits for a new class. Even better, give me enough credits for all the classes and artis. I've had enough people tell me to get a better class in either an up front manner or some little coward reach around tactic, that it's entirely possible for all of them to fund me into making lycan usable via not getting bashed with lvl 3 tank artis. Put up or shut up, amirite? 

Also I rage at everyone that tells me to get a better class. My money is to fuel me and making my computer better than it already is, that's what makes me happy. That's what raises my donger(we can say donger right?). If you want me to get another class to make you happy, give me the money in the form of credits to make you happy. Send me like 50 tells and messages so I understand perfectly that this money is to make you happy. Tell me what class to get. I'll be completely open and accepting. That's what your money is suppose to go towards. Sustaining you and your pursuit of happiness. It's not my job to bend over backwards for you to have a happy ending. I've gone through five different classes on this singular character. I've had multiple people tell me to get a better/different class on each of my classes besides lycan which I usually get bashed to death in.

Side note, things give diminishing returns for strength, dex and int values. Their cost scaling is 1,2,4. Completely absurd cost scaling vs effect scaling for all the artifacts that hit diminishing returns. 
    VeovisCalipsoIshinHadoryu
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Heeeey to be fair, that was all in like only three guild jumps! I ain't no Aldric or Arbre. Not yet.
    Areka
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    : /
    Slyphe
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

[Enemy Status]: >self-pity|no_clarity|restored_hearing|dementia|haemophilia|nofitness|lethargy|impatience|hellsight|stupidity|weariness|dizziness|vertigo|sensitivity|asthma|hypochondria|anorexia|paralysis|loneliness|confusion|disrupted|flared|no_blind<

<19:17:07:564> < Paralysis >
    <8842/8842h 6479/6684m 30816e 16224w <-b> <csdb>> <91|89|100|100|59.44%> <19:17:07:594> < Paralysis >
    [Fortress]: apply epidermal to torso
    <8842/8842h 6479/6684m 30816e 16224w <-b> <csdb>> <91|89|100|100|59.44%> <19:17:07:654> < Paralysis >
    <8842/8842h 6479/6684m 30816e 16224w <-b> <csdb>> <91|89|100|100|59.44%> <19:17:07:714> < Paralysis >
    You take out an epidermal salve and quickly rub it on your torso.
    You improve but do not fully heal your loss of yellow bile.
    <8842/8842h 6479/6684m 30816e 16224w <-b> <csdb>> <91|89|100|100|59.44%> <19:17:07:819> < Paralysis >
    Isto clenches his fists and grits his teeth.
    <8842/8842h 6479/6684m 30816e 16224w <-b> <csdb>> <91|89|100|100|59.44%> <19:17:08:734> < Paralysis >
    You may apply another salve to yourself.
    <8842/8842h 6479/6684m 30816e 16224w <-b> <csdb>> <91|89|100|100|59.44%> <19:17:08:869> < Paralysis >
    Isto grimaces as cracks spider across his dried skin.
    <8842/8842h 6479/6684m 30816e 16224w <-b> <csdb>> <91|89|100|100|59.44%> <19:17:09:499> < Paralysis >
    Isto grows dense and heavy as a look of concentration cross his face.
    <8842/8842h 6479/6684m 30816e 16224w <-b> <csdb>> <91|89|100|100|59.44%> <19:17:09:604> < Paralysis >
    A ghast shreds into Isto with its foul smelling claws.
    Isto turns pallid and drops to the ground.
    Isto has been slain by a ghast.

No sect points. No experience. Truelocked and all!

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Rage at an org that routinely stays silent and wondering how the hell they expect to retain novices.
    VeovisSolariaIshinKatsziaAlexinaMinaraelPeriluna
  • @xiuhcoatl wins the rage thread
    Xenia
  • edited March 2014
    Rant & Rage:

Having missed out on the Juxa event from a natural disaster of a thunderstorm blowing out the electricity lines and causing outage. I didnt expect it to be today...I had believed it was postponed (the event that is)..

I feel so angry and helpless at the fact I missed the ending. An ending I was waiting weeks for and that I devoted ALOT of Cali's time to. I practically watched every footstep taken on the entire war...just to miss the ending. An ending which Cali IG had theorized that Juxa may be dead all this time...and didnt even get to boast about that :<.

I dont know now...but a bottle of liquor is looking pretty good.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited March 2014
    Eh, people get emotionally invested in plotline arcs all the time. I know both me and Ellenia were super bummed out about how the Nega-Iosyne event ended unexpectedly, super-late at night in Europaland-times. It was the same with the Dreikathi invasion ending, when Mazzion ankyreanized and killed the dragons and the Polemarch, etc. While getting drunk on liqour sounds a bit excessive, I can relate and sympathize to the feeling about getting involved in something exciting only to log on to find out everyhing is over. Going to the forums and complaining actually does help a lot sometimes (even if it's a bit self-entitled). At least it does for me.

These things happen to everyone, I don't think anyone (except maybe Xavin) is logged on all the time to catch events progressing. There's still lots of unanswered questions so the potential for more interesting arcs is definitely there.
    MoireanYusriFerrikHavenAryanneIshinArbreRowena
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    I gotta admit, there's been times when I've made a point of NOT getting involved with juicy arcs because I didn't want to get invested and subsequently disappointed.

TeaniAryanneArbreRivas
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    That was hilarious. And very accurate. But mostly hilarious.
    CalipsoKatszia
  • VeovisVeovis Florida
    @Iosyne‌ you're brilliant. Long night in the ER. I needed the laugh.
    IosyneCalipso
  • @xiuhcoatl
    You have no idea how hard it just was for me not to type: "Why don't you just get a real class?"

But seriously man, I'm hearing ya. It sucks when your class happens to be in a trough part of the cycle. And you've got four of them. Ouch.

LinIshin
  • edited March 2014
    Stopping this fail trail before it gets started.
    Calipso

• Xiuhcoatl said:
    Calipso said:
    Rant & Rage:

Having missed out on the Juxa event from a natural disaster of a thunderstorm blowing out the electricity lines and causing outage. I didnt expect it to be today...I had believed it was postponed (the event that is)..

I feel so angry and helpless at the fact I missed the ending. An ending I was waiting weeks for and that I devoted ALOT of Cali's time to. I practically watched every footstep taken on the entire war...just to miss the ending. An ending which Cali IG had theorized that Juxa may be dead all this time...and didnt even get to boast about that :<.

I dont know now...but a bottle of liquor is looking pretty good.
    I feel ya Calipso. I missed it because it happened right before I woke up so I couldn't ninja it first. I got to ninja the blade from the cabalists, but then I got coded against :(.Now I need to figure out some other way to step passed all these hard coded things to get the weapon. I got one idea, but the chance of it working is pretty small. All the ones that could work would require a bigger investment than I'm willing to make. Greater than 30 dollars >.>
    Dont worry, we'll brainstorm something up. If we are good at anything, it is finding cracks in the system
    B-)

Why would you deliberately look for a way to do something that's hardcoded against? They're just going to fix whatever loophole you exploit, which takes time away  from more meaningful projects...

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

LinAreka
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    edited March 2014
    'cause it's him.
  • edited March 2014
    Squid a la.
  • Possibly because there's a fairly concrete line between roleplay and trying to find a bug or exploit to abuse.
    LinDaskalosAreka
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Just consider Xiuh as a bug tester of the higher caliber
    HavenAryanne
    The sword was given to the Cabal by RP. It'd be one thing to RP trying to get the sword back and that would be awesome.

But attaching weapon runes to it, and stuff? You're using mechanical oversights and then acting outraged because the Gods understandably said "whoops." C'mon man, surely you know better.
    HadoryuDaskalosIshinAreka
  • edited March 2014
    Not even bothering to correct people.
    edited March 2014
    There's a difference between having a backbone and being a troll. No less than 10 posts ago you mentioned that you play classes that are terrible in your opinion, and yet rather than letting the administration work on those classes and other, future projects, you've got them making sure you can't find a loophole in something you clearly shouldn't be able to do. I mean, I found a loophole in Templar combat that would let me double vorpal, seriously upping the affliction rate. I don't use it because it's an oversight (that's being fixed this liaison round). With my artifacts, unless you have over 6,000 HP (or vitality) I can pretty much one shot you with another Templar tactic I figured out, but I haven't used it once. Why? Because it's a bug and\or loophole. I reported them (or, in this case, liaisoned them to get fixed) and moved on, letting the admin do whatever they need to work on rather than using them simply because I could. It would be like saying 'I have a gun so I should shoot someone because I can'. No, you shouldn't. There's a certain amount of personal responsibility that comes with owning a gun. There's a certain amount of responsibility that comes with playing Aetolia, and either you can shirk the responsibility or embrace it, but so many people want to win at all costs that they will use anything they can get their hands on.

YusriSetnePerilunaXavinArekaSaybre
  • Abusing loopholes or bugs will earn you a ticket to meet with the admin. Move on, people.
    ArbreXavinAreka
This discussion has been closed.