Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• Lin said:
    The sword was given to the Cabal by RP. It'd be one thing to RP trying to get the sword back and that would be awesome.

But attaching weapon runes to it, and stuff? You're using mechanical oversights and then acting outraged because the Gods understandably said "whoops." C'mon man, surely you know better.
    Actually, im curious about that, as im sure many others will later when they vent their frustration at not having that beauty of a sword. Why was the cabal given the sword exactly?
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Calipso said:
    Lin said:
    The sword was given to the Cabal by RP. It'd be one thing to RP trying to get the sword back and that would be awesome.

But attaching weapon runes to it, and stuff? You're using mechanical oversights and then acting outraged because the Gods understandably said "whoops." C'mon man, surely you know better.
    Actually, im curious about that, as im sure many others will later when they vent their frustration at not having that beauty of a sword. Why was the cabal given the sword exactly?
    For Science.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    JensenPeriluna
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Because I dropped it and they were the closest ones standing there to catch it. 
    Yusri
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    In the greater scheme of things, I don't really think there's a better guild to have caught it.

I could see Carnifex thrashing it around or the Sentinels having to dispatch a bloodthirsty brother. The Cabal said "nope nope nope" and locked that crap in a safe.
    ArbrePerilunaAngwe
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Lin God forbid Ishin should have gotten ahold of it..

>.>

<.<

I'd like to take a brief moment to rage at parrying mangle and destroy. Hnnngh most annoying thing to see NA. Mangle left leg of daskalos. He parries your attack with a deft maneuver. HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH!
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Angwe
  • edited March 2014
    Why does it take almost a full RL month to get someone (not an enemy) citizened? I've been passed around from city leader to city leader only to get a "I'd like to get to know you better" message from another. I get that Peri isn't exactly an asset, but this has been ridiculous. 

ETA: This is all rhetorical and doesn't need a reply. Just me ranting cause I've had a unicornsy day.
    I am absolutely really sorry about that. I was out of town to visit family for the last week of Feb/start of March, and I had none of my settings or notepad files, so I completely forgot about Peri asking. I've also been sick (kidney infection) so my sleep schedule is wrecked and I've been pretty zoned out. I dropped the ball pretty bad on your request, and all I can say is sorry and that I messed up. :(
    Periluna said:
    Why does it take almost a full RL month to get someone (not an enemy) citizened? I've been passed around from city leader to city leader only to get a "I'd like to get to know you better" message from another. I get that Peri isn't exactly an asset, but this has been ridiculous. 

ETA: This is all rhetorical and doesn't need a reply. Just me ranting cause I've had a unicornsy day.
    Haha. I had a similar experience recently, being unenemied to Bloodloch. Ezalor and the rest of the council was very cool about it, though. A RL month is absurd.
    Katszia
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    To be fair, you had "permanent enemy" status so it took longer to sort that out!

But yeah, for me personally, oftentimes I simply forget; I'm not the most organized person in the world to say the least (great trait for city leader I know). Sometimes I need to be constantly poked at :D.
    LinXiuhcoatl
    Considering that Lin helped incite a war between Bloodloch and Spinesreach, trust me, I'm amazed that I'm standing in 'Loch at all.
    Haven
    Yeah there is a lot for CLs to juggle. If you don't poke us, sometimes we forget or lose messages.
    My soulstone was embedded in the Demon Blade. I was going around fighting and bashing without it and enjoying playing out the effects of that. Then...poof. It no longer was. I feel kinda meh, now, that it was just done to me, tada, end of RP.
  • Moirean said:
    My soulstone was embedded in the Demon Blade. I was going around fighting and bashing without it and enjoying playing out the effects of that. Then...poof. It no longer was. I feel kinda meh, now, that it was just done to me, tada, end of RP.
    should have placed an artie rune.
  • @Moirean‌, that was not directed to you personally. It's actually been almost two months now that I think about it. You were only informed a few weeks ago. I know I inquired originally before I moved IRL. I had to talk to @Piper before things even got this far. First few people didn't even tell anyone.
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Lin said:
    Considering that Lin helped incite a war between Bloodloch and Spinesreach, trust me, I'm amazed that I'm standing in 'Loch at all.
    We'd even take @Haven.
    ArbreHavenLinDraimanCalipsoAlexinaDourifErzsebet
  • Just the sheer amount of personality management required to play this game sometimes. 

I do not comprehend how we managed to end up with so many prickly personalities in one place. 

Also - that this causes people who do stuff and are useful to just... give up and not want to play anymore. I can't even -imagine- leading an org in Aetolia. I'd probably lose it and stab someone.
    imageimage
    PerilunaIshinCiarelleKatsziaFaerah
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    That would give us something to gossip about, at least.
    MinaraelAryanne
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I'm more sarcastic than prickly!
  • edited March 2014
    Moirean said:
    That was a mistake on my part and not done on purpose.

edit; I did that whole confession about accidentally grabbing random crap. It's 110% true. There is not a singular day that I am not accidentally grabbing the wrong thing--a mob, an item, your gold--and then madly trying to figure how to put it back.
    IshinJensen
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Periluna said:
    I've been passed around from city leader to city leader only to get a "I'd like to get to know you better" message from another.
    :-?

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    CalipsoAryanneIshin
  • NeithanNeithan Sunspear, the Principality of Dorne
    @Periluna - PHRASING!

Also, when is my turn bb? <3
    Haven
  • Why is there no HELP FERRY file?!

Or, ya know, a sign -at- the ferry, explaining how to use it? Or a coded response by the ferryman when you ask them "Oh God! I got dragged here and now I'm stuck cause I don't remember what syntax I used to get here and I don't know how to get back and since I'm on an island I can only send people messages and so I don't know who's online and I'm stuck /sob"

I know. I'm an idiot. But seriously? Why isn't there anything that explains just a little more obviously how to use them?

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    BUY PASSAGE TO BLAH

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    'ferry departures'.
  • edited March 2014
    I kept trying to BUY PASSAGE SAPIENCE/TO SHORE/LAND/etc. but since I'd been dragged there (and am really just a noob in disguise), I had no idea what place to buy passage back to, and nothing would tell me to check the "FERRY DEPARTURES"

Where does it say to check FERRY DEPARTURES?
    with my luck, it's pasted over everything and I just didn't notice... :'( 

EDIT: Also - thank you guys! <3

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Have no fear!  Arbre to the rescue!
    Aryanne
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Usually, there's a sign that tells you to check 'ferry departures' at the ferryman. The best solution would be to add a helpfile about ferries.
  • Being sick for 3 weeks... followed by getting put on antibiotics that make you toss your cookies... ready for it to be over nao.

Also, there is just not ever enough time in the day (unless you really want the day to be over because you don't feel well). A sentiment I'm sure many share!
    Ishin
  • Once, @slyphe transferred me to some island so he could get to Sessizlik's muffin first. ( I feel this was unfair. )

I walked around for like 10 minutes because I couldn't figure out how to get out, and I didn't want to have to admit that I was a big noob. Then even when I did get fed up, I kept trying to talk over GT and OT and such, because I didn't realize you couldn't communicate across continents. (See big noob statement previously mentioned.)

You're not alone, @aryanne :)
    AryanneHavenArbreSlypheIshin
  • edited March 2014
    Katszia said:
    Being sick for 3 weeks... followed by getting put on antibiotics that make you toss your cookies... ready for it to be over nao.

Also, there is just not ever enough time in the day (unless you really want the day to be over because you don't feel well). A sentiment I'm sure many share!
    @Katszia wrong thread.

[ http://forums.aetolia.com/categories/ooc-chat ]
    Ishin
This discussion has been closed.