Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited March 2014
    Haven said:
    What kind of drama do you people actually like? ...cause I honestly find it hard to believe that so many of you would dislike drama yet play a game primarily about drama.
    I like drama that has substance, that allows character development, and promotes interesting interaction between people.

Just to give two examples:

I get a message from a house member that I must step in and do something because they got involved with someone else's fiance and now they were killed for it. This is not related to the house in any manner at all, and me involving the house in any official way would reflect poorly both on Ve'kahi and possibly even Bloodloch. I tell the person this is something they must solve on their own, and they start stirring up things about how I do not care about the stability of the organization and so on and so forth. This drama is detracting from important leadership things -- such as focusing on novices, fixing all the unnecessary beaurocracy, removing/altering laws that serve no purpose, etcetera -- and does not give me personally something tangible that allows me to develop my character or connect with other characters. It is the same when one of the novices tells me that their Sire have made unduly (supposedly sexual) advances towards her that she found greatly distressing; this is not going to provide the sort of interaction that makes me want more. This is bad drama.

In the other situation, I suddenly find myself infected with the Shadow Plague. I literally start falling apart, my shadow trying to usurp control over me, and no-one-knows-what-the-unicorns-is-going-on. I move from disbelief, to anger, to fear, to outright denial. In the end, I end up putting blame on Iosyne, which in turn seemed to piss off Her. Still, the whole experience is something I can carry with me as an important event. It can shape my ambitions and motives and interests. It can forge connections to other characters (anyone involved at all, or just having a drink with someone that wanted to offer a bit of consolation). I can build on all of that. It can go a thousand different directions. This is good drama.

HavenLinMoireanIshin
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    edited March 2014
    I get it. Most of you don't like me. I'm sick and tired of people trashing me behind my back when I've done nothing but try to make the game as fun for the people in Enorian as I possibly can. I spend multiple hours each day trying to do stuff for the people in my organizations, and I'm not looking for a pat on the back, but fuck it I'm sick of the bullshit from people who hate me without ever even trying to get to know me. 

I'm seriously very close to walking away right now because of you @Moirean and you @Aabrok. So congratulations, you're about to win. You did it. You won. Go find someone else to bully now, because I'm sick and tired of being your whipping boy. You think I don't hear it? I can't wake up in the AM without IM's from various people telling me about the shit you two say about me.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Can well all just play the game and keep conflict to characters and not players, or am I in the wrong place?  I keep wondering if I'm the only one who gets along with mostly everybody....
    AryanneHavenFerrikJaslineCannan
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I don't know... Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't consider their RP/drama meaningless or bad unless like the character's actions were motivated primarily by an OOC source or knowledge or something.

I consider each and every one of you to be actors trying to tell me something with the character you're playing. While I agree that some arcs are frustrating or difficult to deal with or even headache inducing as a player, I also feel like they usually if not always benefit the story in some way. (Or maybe I'm just super optimistic and subconsciously spin it that way.) The childish attitude of 'pay attention to me' described, I would say helps test another character's resolve and patience and could be used as an opportunity to help illustrate what kind of person each character involved is.

[spoiler]
    For instance, some characters might outright swat the annoying character. Maybe to show off how much of a brute or violent they are or something. Some might have the patience and resolve to deal with the issue and see it settled to help illustrate they're the nurturing type or something. Some might give in easily to demands, some might resist and prove to have a stronger will, etc. I know of people who purposely play the pathetic or annoying or destructive character. Just like I know people who aim for the highly intellectual or scholarly type. Or the strong-willed leaders or the bumbling weak-willed mother something.
    [/spoiler]

In that same turn, maybe the person is waiting for someone to come along with an opportunity to help the character grow and develop into someone better. Regardless of the case, without these contrasting characters, it'd be really difficult to test/prove these "superior" roles that our characters believe they're living up to. This is not to say that we should like all these characters or even like all drama. We're individuals with our own tastes and preferences. But as far as storyline and the benefit to the scene, I don't consider them to be meaningless. Even the annoying arcs that I'm not particularly enjoying.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Daskalos said:
    I get it. Most of you don't like me. I'm sick and tired of people trashing me behind my back when I've done nothing but try to make the game as fun for the people in Enorian as I possibly can. I spend multiple hours each day trying to do stuff for the people in my organizations, and I'm not looking for a pat on the back, but fuck it I'm sick of the bullshit from people who hate me without ever even trying to get to know me. 

I'm seriously very close to walking away right now because of you @Moirean and you @Aabrok. So congratulations, you're about to win. You did it. You won. Go find someone else to bully now, because I'm sick and tired of being your whipping boy. You think I don't hear it? I can't wake up in the AM without IM's from various people telling me about the shit you two say about me.
    Chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllll.

Play some playstation or something for a little while and cool off.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • MaghakMaghak The heights of Stormcaller Crag
    That's enough. Personal attacks haven't stopped being against the rules, and this is all getting far too heated to be trusted. I do not want to have to close yet another rage thread.
    Lin
    My rage is being silly enough to start an event the day before Uni went back. It's really biting me on the bum now in regards to being around for ingame things. :(
  • edited March 2014
    I said drop it. ~ Maghak.
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    If it makes you all feel any better...

I hate all of you irrelevant of what organization you're a part of.

Especially @Rivas... God, the hate I have for you.
    XavinRiluo
  • Calipso said:
    I was offering some constructive input and advice O.o. Make it seem like I was jumping on the beat pileup...
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited March 2014
    Its alright @Maghak, the event is still pretty damn awesome.

Even if I am not the strategic sort, Spinesreach has been offering education on how to operate troops to anyone who wishes to learn.  Taking time to show what fortifications do and how to make traps.

It's all been a fun learning experience for us here, not just a war.  We definitely are not in the mindset of lets just win this, its been about asking novices to grab supplies, to help sew uniforms, to understand where threats are and what we as a City are doing.  An amazing experience.

Good job to you for all the changes, update and communication.  This should be in the like thread.
    I put it here anyways.  Are there gold star emoticons 

~O) Well the coffee will have to do
    Moirean
  • wait what

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

Seir
    Calipso said:
    Calipso said:
    I was offering some constructive input and advice O.o. Make it seem like I was jumping on the beat pileup...
    Do it in a PM. When an admin curtails a topic, it is not helpful to immediately resume talking about the exact same topic. Further discussion about this or the previous topic can take place in a new thread.
    RazmaelArbre
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited March 2014

Raging that I upset Moirean IG because of a rude little troll alt in her guild. Now I feel like a tool for sending her anything at all instead of killing it for each legitimate pk reason. In many ways it does not fit with Riluo to complain, yet this person is so friggin annoying and killing it is pointless.

Then logging into more over the top insults and it generally being a full on troll IC by begging random players to save it after flinging mud yet again! Honestly, it is people like this that cause IG conflict for the mere ooc sycophantic joy of watching others fight for their enjoyment.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• Well you're in trouble m8, his class is a top-notch killer.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Ishin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Riluo said:

Raging that I upset Moirean IG because of a rude little troll alt in her guild. Now I feel like a tool for sending her anything at all instead of killing it for each legitimate pk reason. In many ways it does not fit with Riluo to complain, yet this person is so friggin annoying and killing it is pointless.

Then logging into more over the top insults and it generally being a full on troll IC by begging random players to save it after flinging mud yet again! Honestly, it is people like this that cause IG conflict for the mere ooc sycophantic joy of watching others fight for their enjoyment.

Naw you didn't upset me. Riluo is still my bff, even if he is an icky vamp.
    Aarbrok
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Silly Wraiths... SpoooOOOoooOoky
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Jensen said:
    @aarbrok get back to polishing my juggernauts belt. peasant :D
    That thing made me feel OP. Was super sad when it poofed :(

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Jensen
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Seeing a forum post about the end of the war possibly having to wait a bit due to RL things and deciding that I can do other things instead, so I log off for the night only to miss it. *sigh* Oh well.

Calipso
  • I don't multiclass on principle, it's stupidly expensive.

900 credits to tri - trans guild skills (roughly) is a lot. On top of that you need a 750 credit artifact if you want to change class more than once a day (realistically, assuming you don't play 24 / 7). On top of that, if you want optimal stats you need other artifacts so you can be set up for bashing or to be effective in whatever new class you're in.... 

Just no. 

Like other games let you have specs for PK / PvE and if you have multiple classes the expense of the class itself and the usual RP needed to obtain it should be enough without the massive credit expense just to use it at relative convenience. I just wont do it. I'll tool myself out whenever I feel like there is something I'd like to obtain but just for the one class. 
    Calipso
  • Relatively though, multiclassing is cheaper than making an alt with omni-trans non-guild skills. I never could do an alt because of that and lack of artifacts on my "main",
    IshinHavenJensenKatszia
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I'd have all the classes in the game and a shitload more money atm if they'd had multiclassing back in the day. @Oleis any way I could get a uh...retroactive(?) refund? >.>
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Katszia
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    edited March 2014
    Pfft. You and me both @Ishin

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Ishin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Ishin said:
    I'd have all the classes in the game and a shitload more money atm if they'd had multiclassing back in the day. @Oleis any way I could get a uh...retroactive(?) refund? >.>
    Yes, but then you'd still be Resiak and engaged to Moi, so I think they did you a favor with the delay. :P
    Ishin
  • Oh I've guild hopped as well. I've been playing as long as any of you guys and I remember the old days. Multiclassing is still really, really expensive. It's something I've decided I don't want to invest in. 
    I have nothing left to put lessons into. at this point multiclassing is kinda it for me
  • Well I'm omnitrans as well so I guess one day when my membership clocks up tri - trans worth of five lessons per day I'll get another class finished but even then I wont be spending 1500 credits so I can switch more often than once a day and use the class effectively. 
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I don't want to think of how many lessons/credits I've wasted getting Infernal, dropping Infernal, getting Syssin, dropping Syssin, getting Monk, getting Syssin again, dropping Syssin again, getting Sentinel, dropping Sentinel, getting a third slot, getting Lycanthrope, getting Syssin a third time, dropping Lycanthrope, getting Templar, dropping Templar, getting Lycanthrope a second time...
    SlypheKatsziaPeriluna
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    And all of that was before Lin was 50!  /duck
    Lin
This discussion has been closed.