Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Uh? 

@Nalor - Plato fights all the time, but his house burned down so he's kind of down and out right now.

@Haven - It depends, I had to go AFK earlier because I'm at work and so I stood there like a statue while everyone died, then I died. Trying to get people involved in PK, but again, you don't want to fight with half our allies. It's kind of a double edged sword. We fight with you, we're going to be more outnumbered than usual because of the ongoing issues between you and Duiran. Either they won't come out and play, or you leave. I mean, play your char how you want, I certainly enjoy our... whatever it is. It's just a byproduct of the antagonist you play.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Daskalos said:
    Uh? 

@Nalor - Plato fights all the time, but his house burned down so he's kind of down and out right now.

@Haven - It depends, I had to go AFK earlier because I'm at work and so I stood there like a statue while everyone died, then I died. Trying to get people involved in PK, but again, you don't want to fight with half our allies. It's kind of a double edged sword. We fight with you, we're going to be more outnumbered than usual because of the ongoing issues between you and Duiran. Either they won't come out and play, or you leave. I mean, play your char how you want, I certainly enjoy our... whatever it is. It's just a byproduct of the antagonist you play.
    My character's quarrel with Duiran does not play any major role if any role at all in the Light's side general lack of interest in combat...
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    We've got a lot of people learning and interested in combat, you're just not in any organization to see it. Heck, about 2 weeks ago it was me and 4 newbies at a lesser. But when they come out, and see our own side bickering in front of them, it certainly does lead to 'why should I do this?' questions.

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    Nalor said:
    Haven said:
    I wish more people were interested in combat on the Light side of the game.
    I got bored trying to bash to Endgame with a certain someone complaining about EVERYTHING just didnt interest me in helping, so I stopped... and quit all the clans, but I normally ask a few people when a lesser pops if they need help... well a few = Valingar as hes only person I know who goes to them, even Enorians research guy doesnt do nothing to do with lessers/foci
    What?

Plato did/does lessers plenty. He enjoys pk. He's had some issues irl, though, getting online. His house burned down.

Also, I am trying, @Haven. I dearly dislike pk in almost every form, but Dain is trying! In part because of Haven.

So, count it a win?
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    Haven
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    @haven - part of my lack of interest in bothering while on my alt is directly because of Haven blowing her off. Why bothering trying to PK if your own "allies" aren't going to coordinate with you? I mostly go just to help out and when it comes across that the help isn't wanted...
    lol, I think you're being a bit ridiculous @Daskalos.
    havenbanner2
  • @Haven

One of the major problems is that there's no good combatants on the lifer side of things. You got a few people learning and a few decent people. However, if I was going to ask for combat help on something, there's zero people on the lifer side right now that I'd look to. Now, if I wanted to know about how their class worked, I would go to someone who is decent in the class to ask about it. I just don't think in terms of general combat, you guys got anyone worth their weight in gold. 
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    Personally, I adore Haven's inability/unwillingness to accept less than 110%.

Haven dislikes p.much everyone. But I/Dain would still go to help him pk if I happened to want to pk. I'm trying to learn pk and fix my system a bit so that it works better. So who'd I go to for the spars that I need to get started? Haven! Why? Because he's doing the thing I want to do.

If you want to foci/pk/tell the apathetic/shadow folk how useless they are, Haven is one of the best people for it [well, not foci, no city for hiiiiim]. He's totally helpful on an ooc level, he's interested and layered icly, and frankly, I find his general dislike of most people to be a bold choice in a generally multi-player game full of people who compromise or alter their characters for the sake of interacting with more people all the time.

I too share Haven's wish that there were more pkers on the Light side of the game. I know that sometimes, Dain does or says things that alienate people - but he'd turn around and stand at their side to get something done if he felt it needed doing.

tl;dr: I think Haven disliking people/things is a good thing and that working with him is one of the best ways to show him that he's too quick to be negative.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    HavenErzsebet
    The thing is, you can't work with him, period, if you're from Duiran, so it's a bit unfair for him to be saying lifers don't fight when he's actively excluding half of them from fighting alongside him (and then all the rest he excludes through his zealot RP). I quite like Haven as well, I'm just saying that his perception is skewed due to his own stance.
    Character development and story aside, I find it a bit ridiculous that blame is being laid at my character's feet for people not wanting to participate in combat on the Light side. :|

"Haven doesn't want to play with my organization. Welp, guess that means I won't fight for the light side again." How does that make any kind of sense? Maybe I'm missing something here but that's how you guys are coming across (@Moirean and @Daskalos).
    havenbanner2
    DaingeanAryanneNolaErzsebet
    You're missing the point. The point isn't that we don't have people willing to fight, it's that you're not seeing it because they don't want to fight with Haven.

Xiuhcoatl said:
    @Haven

One of the major problems is that there's no good combatants on the lifer side of things. You got a few people learning and a few decent people. However, if I was going to ask for combat help on something, there's zero people on the lifer side right now that I'd look to. Now, if I wanted to know about how their class worked, I would go to someone who is decent in the class to ask about it. I just don't think in terms of general combat, you guys got anyone worth their weight in gold. 
    No good combatants? By what measure do you place this mythical status? Unless you're in mage using retardation, you've lost every single time to me. Valingar is a good combatant, so is Aishia. Don't confuse 'unable to beat a cheap trick' with 'good combatant'. 

NeithanAngwe
  • @Haven, I think they're not so much saying that as they're saying it's discouraging for people in both Enorian and Duiran to go out to a fight and then see the infighting that can happen around your character. Don't get me wrong, Haven is a great, interesting character but he is very, very divisive and that divisivness can cause situations that likely will make newer participants questions what is going on.

Daskalos
  • I like pk. I just think rp > pk, mostly bc with the way pk here is, I dont feel like it has anything to do with how good you are, as far as fast wits/reflexes/decision making, anyway. It is what it is, and I'm cool with that, but at this point Pk is just something to do when nothing is going on unless the pk specifically relates to an org/person I care about. I honestly only care about getting better so I can pk people who piss me off icly and make it somewhat viable for Rashar to actually be mad at someone, ha. It just so happens that lately I have enough rp to keep me engaged pretty much 100% of the time.
    EmelleArbre
    I don't know... I still think they're trying to lay more blame at my feet than I deserve. Especially since the problem is not something in my control in the first place. I can't dictate what other people are and are not interested in within the game.

Haven said:
    I wish more people were interested in combat on the Light side of the game.

That's all I said. I didn't say Lighters don't fight. Or that they suck. Or "Baw, no one wants to play with me." Or that I think less of anyone not interested in combat. Or anything negative really. Only that I wish more shared my interests (i.e., combat) because quite frankly our numbers (regardless of my conflict with Duiran) are very, very small at the moment. Especially in comparison to Bloodreach. Hence my wish.
    havenbanner2
  • If there's at all any salvageable discussion to be had here (which I don't really believe there is) I'm going to nicely ask you guys to take it to another thread. This derail's gone on long enough, and I really don't see anything good happening out of it.

• VeovisVeovis Florida
    edited February 2014
    I can't decide what artifacts to buy, because I think "Well, there's a 15k Ylem amulet that does that." I'm paralyzed by indecision. Rage. Etc. Etc. 

Level one sip bonus? Blue Amulet.
    Level one crit bracers? Yellow amulet. 
    Level 1 stat increases? White amulet. 

I just want to smash mobs and be moderately OP and also spend credits. Pfft. 
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life

Eq_recovery, my son.

Eq_recovery.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

DraimanRiluo
  • Ashmer said:

Eq_recovery, my son.

Eq_recovery.

If I were more into PK, yeah, I'd do that and the l3 rune, but... you know... not so into PK right now, and I can't use Mentis on a spellshaper. :D
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @veovis
    Veovis said:
    I can't decide what artifacts to buy, because I think "Well, there's a 15k Ylem amulet that does that." I'm paralyzed by indecision. Rage. Etc. Etc. 

As far as I know you can only have two ylem amulets at once, which means that if you get one of those as an artifact (say level 1 sip bonus) you can still get the yellow and white amulets to boost all three things at once.

• Teani said:
    @veovis
    Veovis said:

As far as I know you can only have two ylem amulets at once, which means that if you get one of those as an artifact (say level 1 sip bonus) you can still get the yellow and white amulets to boost all three things at once.
    Yeah. It's just a cost hangup, honestly. 15k gold versus $105-$170-ish depending on what I buy.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Yeah, I know what you mean. It's just an alternative though, to make it possible to have all three effects instead of just two.

You can wear 3 amulets.
  • You can wear three
    1) Enorian declares war on Bloodloch, because Ellenia said Dato was a smelly butt face.
  • Purity, though. Sweet, sweet purity.
    ...can be worn on your wrist.
    ElyniAngwe
  • Moirean said:
    ...can be worn on your wrist.
    Newp. It tells me neck only/ 
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    edited February 2014
    Doesn't it say that only two of the ylem amulets can be active at once? -fairly- sure it does...
    Also wtf, did not know the thing about purity ._.

Edit from our CHELP file:

AMULETS (Can wear up to two at a time)

A yellow crystal amulet- While worn will increase your chance for critical attacks. Does not stack with the increased critical hits artifact.
    A white crystal amulet- While worn will increase every stat by one. Will not stack with any stat raising artifacts you have.
    A blue crystal amulet- While worn increases your max mana and health levels. Does not stack with the enhancement artifact.
    A red crystal amulet- While worn will increase the damage you do while hunting.
    A green crystal amulet- While worn will grant increased healing on health and mana sips, or analeptic and stimulant sticks. Does not stack with the health sip and mana sip bonus artifacts.

Also to note, the amulets aren't all available at the same time, so that could add to the trickiness in deciding what to buy... Could always go for wings or something.

You are wearing:
    "necklace150290"         a necklace of purity, around one wrist.

Syntax is WEAR PURITY WRIST.
  • Moirean said:

You are wearing:
    "necklace150290"         a necklace of purity, around one wrist.

Syntax is WEAR PURITY WRIST.
    Ohh. Purity. I don't usually use  a necklace on characters with trans Corpus. IIRC Purify Blood uses the same balance as the necklace. 
This discussion has been closed.