Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• VeovisVeovis Florida
    edited February 2014
    Teani said:
    Shades and Crossbowmen in Tiyen should be fine. Ayhesa, Drakuum and behind the carving in Fengard is a definite yes, I'd say, @Veovis.

In general, there's plenty of hit-and-run things to kill during those levels. The rest of Fengard, as long as you don't get overwhelmed by aggros, the rest of the mobs in upper Tiyen except maybe Halberdiers and Captains (and cutters, but everyone hates those!)
    Fengard and Ayhesa are fine, and the XP for both is pretty decent, still. Tiyen I can manage if I'm careful not to run into a cutter or a Captain. 

Xan is trickier. I can manage the regular Xorani guards, but not much else unless I get lucky with crits. 

I'm wondering if I might need to switch to a statpack with higher Con. I'm bashing in Typical with +Con and +exp right now.

Thanks for all the advice; it's been a bit of an adventure as far as trying to explore Arbothia and Shastaan. 
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Yeah, well, I have trouble in Xaanhal at times too, and I'm artied endgame. I can manage the Mansion if I don't run into too large crowds and I've not really tried the Warrens. Just saying. Don't count on being able to tank those areas.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I tend to get fixed on a small group of people when RPing, doubly so when I have no guild or city to take my time.  I worry that I am being annoying, especially in pinging omni.
    People who actively go out of their way to make the game miserable for other people.  I'm not even talking about myself here.  I could go on and on, listing people all over Aetolia who try to ruin things, or are having a hard to enjoying the game.  Oh, wait, I unicornsed up there.  I keep forgetting, this isn't a game, it's SERIOUS BUSINESS.  Jesus Christ, people.  If you get your kicks out of making people miserable, go find some other playground to crap in.
    ErzsebetSlypheKerryn
  • People who use ignore as an in-character function when it's very clearly meant to be for ooc harrassment. Kinda blame the helpfiles, as they no longer actively say this.

Ah well. The only reason I hadn't used it, is because of the above belief, so I guess it works out in the end.

imageimage
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Personally, I think it's reasonable to use it in any situation where you feel like not having to deal with someone will make the game feel like a better place for you. You're not exactly beholden to allow people to interact with you if you feel like they're just toxic to your gameplay.
    MoireanTeaniCannan
  • I've ignored someone because they were getting on my last nerve and I knew I was going to say something I'd regret out of character. I usually unignore said person later.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Arbre said:
    People who actively go out of their way to make the game miserable for other people.  I'm not even talking about myself here.  I could go on and on, listing people all over Aetolia who try to ruin things, or are having a hard to enjoying the game.  Oh, wait, I unicornsed up there.  I keep forgetting, this isn't a game, it's SERIOUS BUSINESS.  Jesus Christ, people.  If you get your kicks out of making people miserable, go find some other playground to crap in.
    I wish I knew who these people were.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited February 2014
    Because people want to tell me not to point out things of irritation, I will delete this due to the responses.
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited February 2014
    Using it to get the last word is dumb. Offering death threats and then using it, also dumb. --To clarify, I find the latter to be dumb because PK is part of RP, and ignore takes away all other avenues of RP.
    imageimage
  • You can speak all day to someone. If they don't want to listen to you, they wont. You can ignore someone without putting them on ignore. Ignore helps keep tempers in check. 

Aetolia is the kind of place where if people feel angry and insulted enough by someone, they may threaten to kill you and act on it. You don't get arrested in Aetolia for making death threats like real life and certain people are very capable of acting of them. 
  • @aarbrok Think you might be jumping to conclusions, bro. 

Pretty sure she specifically said she wasn't talking about her, and I think maybe you're overreacting a bit even if she was.
    @Rashar I do not believe so, but you know that is not really for here anyways.

Just policing the OOC/IC boundaries a bit, see them being broken alot due to the forums nowadays.
    Especially when it comes to elections/referendums.
  • Usually if someone ignores someone else. They are done with other avenues of RP, that is why they are ignoring them. From that point, if they do turn to RP violence it's like hitting a punching bag for stress relief. 

I've had the same happen to me in the past and I understand and accept it's the way it is. If they push it too far, they get issued, if you act like a total unicorn to someone to the point their character wants your head... well it's a legitimate reason to kill someone. Defend yourself from it, or find those that will. 

@Aarbrok: Eh... I agree that it's lame and makes me sadface whenever the forums seem to influence IG stuff but honestly... that's not really something we can control or police. There's just no way to control how someone might react to a forum post. (Not to say that Arbre's post was being used to influence stuff or anything. Just speaking in general.)

As for what people should and should not post... I still stand by this even though I quirk an eyebrow every now and again:
    Haven said:

The Aetolian rage thread was created for the sole purpose of venting your personal frustrations in regards to the game, no matter how asinine your complaint may or may not be. What's happened, however, is that the rages get judged by the community when we read them... Sometimes we rally to stand behind someone on an issue. Sometimes we try to get the rager to see reason or the other side of the complaint or just see things in a different light for a better understanding of things.

And then other times... People get down right disrespectful about other people's rages like they have no right whatsoever to share their opinion on something and the thread gradually becomes a breeding ground for people to demean each other and just pick fights. I see nothing wrong with commenting on other people's rages and expressing your own opinion so long as you remain respectful and do not break any of the forum rules in the process. After all, these rages are a matter of opinion.

havenbanner2
    AarbrokSetnePeriluna
    I think in general, there is alot of stuff going on that I don't like, but to be honest I just am attempting to let it roll off my back due to the fact it does not entirely impact me and is generally immature.  Mostly and not in regards to @Arbre at all in this statement but the majority of the playerbase and the maturity level in reaction and counter-reaction can be fairly poor.

I just think that people should be prepared to take criticism and not let it effect them ICly.  I am just as guilty, when I have lots of stress OOCly to let things boil over in game.  I know these times is when it is best and advised from friends and enemies ICly to take a break, and I encourage people to be able to spot that and help another player out.
  • Rowena said:
    Usually if someone ignores someone else. They are done with other avenues of RP, that is why they are ignoring them. From that point, if they do turn to RP violence it's like hitting a punching bag for stress relief. 

I've had the same happen to me in the past and I understand and accept it's the way it is. If they push it too far, they get issued, if you act like a total unicorn to someone to the point their character wants your head... well it's a legitimate reason to kill someone. Defend yourself from it, or find those that will. 

That's not how it works, though. PK/Violence is very much a form of RP. I'm not saying that consequences for playing a character in a certain way are or should  be non-existent, I'm saying that in ignoring someone mechanically, and thereby cutting off all avenues for roleplay in general, I feel that continuing to pursue that RP in the only way that is mechanically left, is, as they say, total fucking bullshit.

That said--it isn't as if death matters, so it's a bit immaterial in regards to why I posted the rage to begin with.

imageimage

• Ignore stops rage from escalating. Someone can be unignoring you and still ignore every word or action you take. Using the function just requires less self - restraint on the part of the player to take that stance. 

You can be PKd for RP reasons by someone that wont speak to you whether you're on ignore or not. It's irrelevant whether they are ignoring you. The only impact it has is that it denies someone the ability to get something off their chest and get the last word in, something they are NOT entitled to. 

Such actions usually just make people rage harder, ignore can be a very good thing for stopping that short. Better to just swallow the fact they're done speaking to you for any reason, RP or otherwise. 

• I didn't say you can't be, I said I think it's complete and total bullshit that you can. That is not the only impact that it has. But I'm not going to argue with you. You are immaterial to my rage just as well. It's the concept that pisses me off.
    imageimage
  • Plenty of things grind my gears as well. The existence of this thread for one. I know I'd get put in the naughty corner before it got locked though so I wont make any assaults. 

Some peoples characters are just so intolerable, if it wasn't for the ignore function the game would be completely unplayable. Whether they are RPing or not.

Aarbrok
  • For once, I nearly agree with you.

Unrelated:

People who don't RP.
    People who RP poorly.
    People who take OOC things IC
    People who either can't or don't expend the effort to type correctly.

All of these things make me rage. :<

imageimage
    PerilunaAngwe
  • edited February 2014
    Erzsebet said:
    Rowena said:
    Usually if someone ignores someone else. They are done with other avenues of RP, that is why they are ignoring them. From that point, if they do turn to RP violence it's like hitting a punching bag for stress relief. 

That's not how it works, though. PK/Violence is very much a form of RP. I'm not saying that consequences for playing a character in a certain way are or should  be non-existent, I'm saying that in ignoring someone mechanically, and thereby cutting off all avenues for roleplay in general, I feel that continuing to pursue that RP in the only way that is mechanically left, is, as they say, total fucking bullshit.

That said--it isn't as if death matters, so it's a bit immaterial in regards to why I posted the rage to begin with.

You have to consider the implications of what you're suggesting, though.

Say you and I have a spat and I IGNORE ERZSEBET. How do we handle the rule of non-aggression if I'm, say, raiding Ve'kahi's halls? Do we turn off our systems as soon as we enter a room with one another? It's a bit of a slippery slope, I know, but the point is that the ignore function doesn't just magically erase someone from the game.

i am rapture coder
  • Rowena said:

Some peoples characters are just so intolerable, if it wasn't for the ignore function the game would be completely unplayable. Whether they are RPing or not.

As someone who plays (or played) an intolerable character, I lol'd at this. 
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited February 2014
    No, it doesn't, but if you're going to cut off all personal RP with a person, I think it should include -all- RP with a person.

ETA: In any case, while I follow what you're saying, re: @Omei, I still think it's bullshit, and I still think I'm entitled to be able to rage about it generically in the rage thread. >.> It doesn't matter that this isn't the way it works, she can have her .5% of my level, I really don't care about the eventual death, I just think it's a bullshit cop out. ...I also think that anything else I have to say on the subject is probably too vitrolic to be spewing onto forums, rage thread or no.
    imageimage
    Erzsebet said:
    No, it doesn't, but if you're going to cut off all personal RP with a person, I think it should include -all- RP with a person.
    It kind of already does. At most they get 1 PK cause on you and that's it. At that point you can just treat them as an NPC and your death like a bash death. And if there is a raiding situation or whatever where you're both in the same spot, the person is still essentially an NPC since you can't really interact beyond mechanics.

So I think it's fine as is, truthfully.
    havenbanner2
    Go ahead and move on.
  • I rage at snugglies still being a present thing, and running into them. 
    EmelleAarbrokSlypheAryanne
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    *snuggles Ingram*
    ArbrePerilunaAryanne
  • Noooooooooooooooooooooo
    Arbre
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I rage at not being able to get a spinesreach shop after looking for over a decade
    Periluna
This discussion has been closed.