Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• Fun note on limb damage... maybe it's just me testing on myself, but my limb damage went down when I increased my strength :/
    Rawr
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    There's some weird feature/bug where Lycan limb damage is dependent on how much maxhp your enemy has, this should be fixed after liaisons as well.
  • This is not a class discussion thread about Lycan, please move along. I want to hear about other things.

• edited January 2014
    Really Xiuh? How about the fact that with delayed prone, means all I have to do is break -1- leg, to prone them, with that, so I can get rips off easier? I know plenty about Lycan combat, and have competed with it numerous times. As for stating that only one person submitted any useful liaisons for Lycan is a complete insult, since Liaisons are open to -anyone- with the skills, yet you didn't put in -any-.

Personally I'm excited that Ezalor put in the reports for boneshaking and snarling, since their constant turn off/on in battle could easily start over an offense if used, or they'd have to be abandoned if you're too into it to risk it.

Edit: Also appreciation to @Toz for that report as well. Should help make things less wonky for tracking by far.
  • Xiuhcoatl said:
    @Irruel

Carnifex is the worst class in the entire game.
    Hehe!
    @xiuhcoatl
    I'm sorry, when I posted that thing about Carnifex, I was baiting you. I didn't think it'd get you frothing as much as it did though. I'm sorry, man.

I don't think anyone disagrees with what you've said and continue to say about Carnifex. And sure, I know you're raging in the rage thread.

Anyway!

@Valdus
    My opinion is that there is a fundamental flaw in limb combat at the moment, which has nothing to do with the recent slow-down. The flaw was always there, but the masses only began to pre-restore and parry with the efficiency we see today, in relatively recent times.

Each of the classes have been given ways to deal with these things, but lycan's method is to repurpose original abilities (rend/hamstring) from their original intended use, which was fast mending attacks used while the target was off-salve-balance, to set up mangles and punish them for prerestoring.

Claw and later flurry were intended for setting up limb damage, but now they are useless and the lycan is reduced to spamming hamstring/mend and waiting for the really slow resto break to occur.

In functional terms, this is like a knight using fast/light swords to get limb breaks rather than flails and warhammers.

I wish I had spent some time doing some reports up for the lycan class, but this new liaison system is actually new to me, and I'm still relearning Aetolia, so I didn't feel qualified to make the reports. I assumed the class liaison team would do a good job of it - and maybe they did. Maybe the new changes will be enough, but I look at them and wish I'd tried to do something to bring back clawing.

We'll see, anyway.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Arbre said:
    Go over there with class complaining guys, clear up this thread for other unicornsing.
    Sarita
  • Ezalor said:
    They are still hidden after all. Paralysis, stupidity, anorexia are all very readily unmasked. Blurry vision actually allows you to make them miss an attack before they realize it, especially with the ability to change howls coming up. This is also why hallucination is a decent howl, they have no way of unmasking it until it actually procs. Disrupt is a very good hinder.
    Para/Stupidity/Anorexia do more than just chew a salve balance.
    Until the anorexia is cured, they are paralysed and cannot tree, parry, shield or attack.

Stupidity chews the focus, which means anorexia must be salve cured, but if they have no salve balance then they are disabled until they get it back.

I used to time my resto breaks to be just before a howl tick, which guaranteed the subsequent destroy (because they would still be paralysed and unable to parry the limb last broken).

Much harder to time breaks like that now that rend/hamstring is used though, so you may be right about blurry vision.
    Arbre said:
    Arbre said:
    Go over there with class complaining guys, clear up this thread for other unicornsing.
    Oh look, yellow mod font, SERIOUSLY TAKE IT OVER THERE.
    SlypheSarita
  • Call to Arms over OT: Let's raid Ciem!
    Person to mob talk about raiding Ciem!
    Nobody is showing up, use the restroom because wtf if I'm gonna solo this unicorn I'mma do  it without needing to pee
    Yaotl killed me while I was in the bathroom WTFFFFFFFUNICORN
    ??????????????
    I'mma RP Yaotl is a bad guy who wants to stop Ciem from actually being raided

And I'm sorry about queening over here, but things keep effing breaking when I want to do them and it make me want to unicornsing quit
    Rawr
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited February 2014
    No @Amberlea, we can't do Ciem effectively anymore because of the Monument of Chakrasul in Ciem right now.  Since it randomly makes the mobs Aggro, our own mobs turn against us making it nearly impossible to do it.  Yaotl attacked you because of the Monument.

Still possible, just dont linger too much, Yaotl has seen the spiral, and he dun like it.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    You drink from a glass of neverending eggnog with traces of eggnog.
    You have gained the eggnog_end_regen defence.

Your eggnog_end_regen defence has been stripped.

You fumble about drunkenly.

You drink the last drops from a glass of neverending eggnog with traces of eggnog.

...and this is why I have 3 eggnogs >_<
    PiperEzalorRivas
  • ^ RNG fails at random. Raz was into the Boone's Farm and he was manually setting your egg nog buff. 
    Oleis
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Aarbrok said:
    No @Amberlea, we can't do Ciem effectively anymore because of the Monument of Chakrasul in Ciem right now.  Since it randomly makes the mobs Aggro, our own mobs turn against us making it nearly impossible to do it.  Yaotl attacked you because of the Monument.

Still possible, just dont linger too much, Yaotl has seen the spiral, and he dun like it.
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! So that's why... okay. Gotcha. *prepares a new wall-o-text shout for Chakrasul too*
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Monuments hitting are based on city enemy status. If you're enemied to a city, their DA's monuments will affect you negatively.
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Haven said:
    Aarbrok said:

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! So that's why... okay. Gotcha. *prepares a new wall-o-text shout for Chakrasul too*
    Bring it, son.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Piper
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    chakrafooooool
    Ezalor
    Don't complain about Carnifex class in this thread anymore.  Make a new thread entirely about it if you'd like, that's cool as long as it stays appropriate, but let's move on here.
    XiuhcoatlMoirean
  • I rage at some of the whining I've heard about BL bringing 40 people to lessers. You're right. We bring that many because the 3 people on the lifer side that go to lessers are scary. Totally has nothing to do with things that are out of our control, like more people wanting to play this side and everyone wanting to play the damn game and participate in lessers.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• I'd go to lessers if I ever knew they were happening. Dion has been pretty silent where that is concerned and I have been getting the feeling that people just aren't into it at the moment.

Normally I'd say this sort of thing would stabilize over time. Some players like to fight on the losing side for the challenge, assuming it isn't toooooo far gone. I know when I was thinking about my move from spines to duiran and someone mentioned that I would be joining the losing side it definitely didn't hurt Duiran. Me showing up would mean something, as opposed to being just an extra meat shield, which is what I felt like on shadow side. Lucky for me I could move anywhere and keep my class. Others may wish to move but can't because of mechanics or RP.
    Rawr
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Dion is Duiran-only isn't it? Probably better to coordinate on a clan that has Enorian in it too especially considering most of the active lifer combatants these days are in Enorian.
    ArbreXavinSolariaInfin
  • Ezalor said:
    Dion is Duiran-only isn't it? Probably better to coordinate on a clan that has Enorian in it too especially considering most of the active lifer combatants these days are in Enorian.
    Yes, Dion is Duiran-only. There's the frontline clan, though, which is owned by Enorian and inclusive of Duiran people.

• Most of the time I went for participation rewards, like city favours. Has nothing to do with making it an unfair fight on the other guys. Sometimes I don't go regardless of rewards when I know someone doesn't need help because it will just be boring as one sided conflicts generally are. The moment you guys start rocking up though, we're going to want to rock up to get involved and we just have more people to get involved.  
    It's the same thing things were a couple years back, when everyone migrated to Duiran.
    Xavin
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    There are a few people who used to comprise the core of Duiran's 'every single damn layline' population who just aren't playing right now. We're all playing LoL and DDO and SW:TOR (or maybe I'm the only one on that last tip. I have a spaceship! Zoom-zoom!)
  • sw:tor?
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • [spoiler]image[/spoiler]

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    DDO?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Pretty sure it stands for Dungeons and Dragons Online.
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Dance Dance Olecranon

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Rivas
This discussion has been closed.