Mildly Irritating: Aetolia's Pet Peeves

Comments

• Iesid said:

Nisavi said:

I didn't claim I hate anything. My logic has always been: "If you're involving yourself in PK outside of established open PK areas, you are opening yourself up for retaliation by taking action against another player." Last I checked, none of you guys are the Ascendril that planted that aegis.

That would be relevant if the aegis wasn't in a contested zone in the narrative. You are comparing apples to oranges and insisting that, since they are both fruit (aegis), they both must clearly taste the same. That's just not the case.

In your scenario, you used an aegis for cause over an unreasonable length of time and wouldn't let it go. The aegis wasn't really anywhere special.

In our scenario, we are bulldogging people away from the aegis and not hunting them at all. If they come back to the area, what are we expected to think? The aegis is in one of three zones in the entire game and we aren't expanding that list.

There's a world of difference and you're ignoring it for the sake of being tribal.

The aegis was in Scidve. A contested zone.

An unreasonable length of time? I literally went after one of the offenders shortly after and was issued for it. If it wasn't anywhere special, why were people going after it and making a stink about trying to get rid of it?

Your scenario is the exact same as mine. There's no "apples and oranges". You're doing it for tactical advantage, just as I was. And I went after people for touching the aegis, but just -me- unless I got retaliated on by a bunch of others. I was the one claiming retaliation because it was -my- aegis. Again, none of you have your mark on it.

There's no difference at all. You're just trying to justify yourself because it's your team doing this. I don't even play and I've played on both sides of the game longer than you've played in general. I'm calling you out specifically because I was decried and had my name ran through the mud on your Webs and Front Line for the very same thing you're doing now. What's ironic is that two of people I literally went after and issued me are two people guilty of doing it now.
  • edited February 2022
    I mean I'm not his biggest fan, but Illi has been playing longer than me and I started in 2005... Even if you have been playing longer, at that point, it doesn't really mean anything. 

Edit: Edit because I'm an idiot and thought you were talking to someone else 🤣🤣
  • I don't think anyone is violating anything..? Nobody is hunting down people who are actively destroying an aegis AFTER the fact. They're being caught mid-act, killed, and that's pretty much that until the next instance. So that's completely opposite to what @Nisavi was doing if you're referencing the incident in the Orrery/Court of Consortium. Here's the issue for reference, to further show what we're NOT doing:

Message #1018 Sent By: Alecto Received On: 11/22/2020/1:46
    "(Mass: ----, Nisavi, ----) Issue 21659: There was a great deal to unpack
    here, but essentially this: An Aegis being set up and attacked is cause for the
    person who owns the Aegis. We do not intend to have pages of PK rules, so
    keeping it simple, your cause only lasts for a limited amount of time. Finding
    the group in the act and having a little battle over it is plenty, we will not
    approve an act that creates 'cause' like hash marks. We will not apply a set
    amount of time for revenge if there was not a battle, but a RL day or so would
    be logical. So... one death, no punishment, but do not use Aegis as means to
    collect cause for later dates."

I think it's perfectly acceptable within RP reasons to want to defend an aegis that is around an major, global contention zone. If this was just a regular aegis in say, something as mundane as Orrery, okay, I get that. HELP AEGISPK states that those rules are lesser than the greater PK rules. From HELP PK itself, the first line of the second paragraph is 'your role defines your motives, not the other way around'. As the Vanguard of Enorian, a Templar Knight and a member of the Underking's order, I'd say my character's role is quite clear in what he wants to defend. And by extension, these characters (Nipsy, Kurak, Sheryni, Whirran, Yettave, Almol, Mjoll, Xolotl, and Dreww) who went alongside Ivoln also made their own role in this conflict quite clear.

The shrine thing.. okay, lmao. First off, I don't give a shit about the location of that Bama shrine in the Vashnar's under ordinary circumstances. However, as #3 states in this announce post, you're explicitly forbidden from killing someone simply for raising a shrine UNLESS that area has some significance to you or your organization. Considering the proximity of this shrine in question to the Spear of the Underking (3 rooms), I'd say it is quite significant to my character. I'd also like to note that Bamathis blessed both Bloodloch and Spinesreach, making his stance on the battle known to all. In addition, the characters who followed Ivoln into the Underhalls to steal from my character's god he follows and damage the soul mirror seems like pretty good grounds for hostility in this GLOBAL conflict.

I am truly sorry that exp loss is so heavy-handed as you get up to the higher levels and it's not my intention as a player to cause someone to lose out on the real-life investment of money or to cause someone to feel upset or angry or distraught. However, if that's something that's a concern to you, as a player, about potential loss of investment, then that's not on me to adjust my RP to take into consideration about how you, a player, would feel OOCly.

Tell me how I'm doing!
    (Web): Mileta says, "Okay... Sry is an edgelord..."

(Web): Dreww says, "Sryaen just wants to be the best Dhar boi and slaughter everyone."
    IllikaalValorieIesidKidosEakuEhtias
  • Nisavi said:

Iesid said:

Nisavi said:

I didn't claim I hate anything. My logic has always been: "If you're involving yourself in PK outside of established open PK areas, you are opening yourself up for retaliation by taking action against another player." Last I checked, none of you guys are the Ascendril that planted that aegis.

That would be relevant if the aegis wasn't in a contested zone in the narrative. You are comparing apples to oranges and insisting that, since they are both fruit (aegis), they both must clearly taste the same. That's just not the case.

In your scenario, you used an aegis for cause over an unreasonable length of time and wouldn't let it go. The aegis wasn't really anywhere special.

In our scenario, we are bulldogging people away from the aegis and not hunting them at all. If they come back to the area, what are we expected to think? The aegis is in one of three zones in the entire game and we aren't expanding that list.

There's a world of difference and you're ignoring it for the sake of being tribal.

The aegis was in Scidve. A contested zone.

An unreasonable length of time? I literally went after one of the offenders shortly after and was issued for it. If it wasn't anywhere special, why were people going after it and making a stink about trying to get rid of it?

Your scenario is the exact same as mine. There's no "apples and oranges". You're doing it for tactical advantage, just as I was. And I went after people for touching the aegis, but just -me- unless I got retaliated on by a bunch of others. I was the one claiming retaliation because it was -my- aegis. Again, none of you have your mark on it.

There's no difference at all. You're just trying to justify yourself because it's your team doing this. I don't even play and I've played on both sides of the game longer than you've played in general. I'm calling you out specifically because I was decried and had my name ran through the mud on your Webs and Front Line for the very same thing you're doing now. What's ironic is that two of people I literally went after and issued me are two people guilty of doing it now.

The difference is that Orrery isn't an event. It's about as 'relevant' for cause as a lesser or major, aka not. It's about as much 'story-driven' as a college football game is.

An event is an actual story-driven motivation.

You are trying to reduce the importance of a Roleplay/Story Event by relating it to 'Orrery That Happens Every Month'. I'm not buying it, no matter who is selling is.
    Sryaen
  • edited February 2022
    Oh, so the next time that there's an event in Jaru, I'm allowed to place damage aegises all along the roads of Jaru that will hit anyone who runs into them and if you guys choose to retaliate, I'm allowed to bring my entire tether to beat you down for it. Got it.

Will remember.
    Ehtias
  • Nisavi said:

Oh, so the next time that there's an event in Jaru, I'm allowed to place damage aegises all along the roads of Jaru that will hit anyone who runs into them and if you guys choose to retaliate, I'm allowed to bring my entire tether to beat you down for it. Got it.

Will remember.

Good thing you've quit the game and have no intention of coming back. Next time lets try and be a little more truthful about the conflict we get ourselves into.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    SryaenAkriosCzcienn
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    Well, in either case, it appears that the rules, read by different eyes, have different interpretations, so a clarification ruling is definitely in order. The help file could/should probably be updated afterward too.

SryaenIllikaalKalena
  • Nisavi said:

Will remember.

https://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/3940/my-departure-from-aetolia#latest

Tell me how I'm doing!
    (Web): Mileta says, "Okay... Sry is an edgelord..."

(Web): Dreww says, "Sryaen just wants to be the best Dhar boi and slaughter everyone."
    Akrios
  • Illikaal said:

Nisavi said:

Will remember.

Good thing you've quit the game and have no intention of coming back. Next time lets try and be a little more truthful about the conflict we get ourselves into.
    With some of this behavior being exemplified and the mental gymnastics being performed to do so, I'm half-tempted to come back if only to do these things and then listen to how it's somehow different when one side does it versus another.
  • Iesid said:

The difference is that Orrery isn't an event. It's about as 'relevant' for cause as a lesser or major, aka not. It's about as much 'story-driven' as a college football game is.

An event is an actual story-driven motivation.

You are trying to reduce the importance of a Roleplay/Story Event by relating it to 'Orrery That Happens Every Month'. I'm not buying it, no matter who is selling is.

To be fair, we weren't having events like this at the time and, from my experience and understanding, hadn't been for a while. I think it's uncharitable and disingenuous to try to compare the two by today's standards when, at the time, orrery was one of two forms of conflict to be expected--ever.

TetchtaSryaenIazamat
  • I don't think any reasonable person thinks any mental gymnastics has gone on here, now that the truth has come to light.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • edited February 2022
    Nisavi said:

Will remember.

Once again you're grasping at straws here.

Time and time again, we've stated our intention. We planted the aegises on the spears, and we defend the aegises on the spears when they are being taken down. Not once have we gone after someone NOT in the aegis's vicinity, not once have we set up a large series of them with the intent to draw in PK, and not once have we declared that we have the right to bring an entire tether to beat down one person. It hasn't happened.

Your mere presence in this conversation regarding current events is just a testament to your bitterness regarding past events.
    (Web): Ictinus says, "You people are terrible."
    Sryaen
    I wonder if some day we'll be able to have conversations about things like this without flinging personal attacks left and right.

NisaviAyastia
  • other people

AlmolNisavi
  • edited February 2022
    Kidos said:

Nisavi said:

Will remember.

Once again you're grasping at straws here.

Time and time again, we've stated our intention. We planted the aegii on the spears, and we defend the aegii on the spears when they are being taken down. Not once have we gone after someone NOT in the aegis's vicinity, not once have we set up a large series of them with the intent to draw in PK, and not once have we declared that we have the right to bring an entire tether to beat down one person. It hasn't happened.

Your mere presence in this conversation regarding current events is just a testament to your bitterness regarding past events.
    I don't even know who you are. Were you even around for said past events to even know about my said 'bitterness'?

It's not a testament to my bitterness though. It's me finding amusement in the hypocrisy when the shoe is on the other foot. And then when the tether balance flips in the opposite direction, as it always does, and the same thing is done to the other side (as it seems to always happen), I'll have to hear about how it's fair that one side is doing it, it's completely different from established precedent (despite it not), and how it's unfair that the other side did it.

I'm not on anyone's side here. I have no horse in this race in the slightest for the same reasons people have already stated: I'm not playing. I'm just heavily amused by the hypocrisy and mental gymnastics when the situations are the exact same. Orrery and the current event are conflict-based events. Doesn't matter if one happens once a month and one happens for the first time. The underlying motive for what you're doing is the exact same as when I did it. And the one of the reasons I know I'm right, and that you lot know I'm right, is the sheer number of y'all that have come out of the woodwork to do said mental gymnastics in an attempt to defend one of your own.
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited February 2022
    Bro why do you keep lying to yourself and everyone else lol. How do you argue with receipts.
    Lin
  • I really hate that argument of 'who are you? I don't know you so your argument is invalid. Not taking any sides here, just saying...
    LinKonnorn
  • BraxBrax Immortal
    This is definitely veering off course from what this thread is for, and the insults and mudslinging are totally unnecessary.

If you want to discuss aegis as it pertains to this event specifically, feel free to do so (without being jerks to each other) in another thread, but if said new thread retains the tone of this one, I can't promise it'll be open long.

Be cool to each other, c'mon.
    TetchtaAyastiaJhura
  • I'm pretty sure at this point Brax just sees a thread with 20+ new posts and knows he(she?) is needed. 
  • BraxBrax Immortal
    Ayastia said:

I'm pretty sure at this point Brax just sees a thread with 20+ new posts and knows he(she?) is needed. 

Most of us have been playing Aetolia for a significant portion of our lives. We're now at the point of needing to stretch after breaking it down to yesterday's halftime show lest we start Monday with a sore back. We're too old to be fighting people over a game like this is a Call of Duty lobby.
    SryaenReaveLinNipsyBenedictoAyastia
  • NipsyNipsy Setting fire to Aeryx's mine
    edited February 2022
    As the prophet Adele once said…

Set fire to the rain….

I can’t believe a thread went 40 posts on conflict that a non player commented on and we just fed it gasoline. No one currently playing is complaining in this thread.

Do you…. But also know that you may get the do.
    Be constructive and not a turd
    Rules definitely are subjective if someone is winning, saying otherwise is silly.
    What you gonna do, hotfix something mid event and then blame the admin.
    Just play the game.

End rant.

It’s fucking Valentine’s Day y’all

Also @Brax I felt like Mary J Blige after her portion I just want to collapse
    Ayastia
  • Eminem and Snoop killed it. 
    NipsyTeani
  • Since Nipsy doesn't count me as a current player, further evidenced by his ignoring of my IG message, let me make my non-current complaint known:

I hate this event. A whole, whole lot. I may write an essay on it. But probably not.
    Nipsy
    edited February 2022
    @Wjoltyr you're in the backlog....things have been a bit chaotic.

I cannot help that info I have shared, has not been shared amongst others...If you see me on, hit me up, that's the best I can offer.
    Work schedule has been wild with new job as well.

Sounds like a Spirean issue though, there's definitely posts in Bloodloch, so I'll echo @Elene in saying clearly you're in the wrong city my Gnomish brethren.
    I jest, ILY Spinesreach
    Wjoltyr
  • @Nipsy I know, I hope the preface to my post indicated my typical jovial and joking nature. RL comes first. 

BRB, gotta see if Enorian is sccepting new citizens.
    ReaveNipsyKalena
    I will find you and fight you IRL....if you join my nemesis @Kalena

She hates Gnomes, it will never happen btw.
    Wjoltyr
  • Nipsy said:

Just one, Gnome....Gnomesis!

@Wjoltyr, we are always accepting new citizens! I smell a Gnome rivalry incoming! :smiley:
  • Nipsy said:

She likes Aya... Does that make her special?

(jk I love when public pops off)

ReaveLinIesidWjoltyrValorie
  • That's what I'm talkin' bout,  Tetchta! Finally, it feels like an event. 10 news posts in 5 minutes, a flurry of shouts. What a time to be ALIVE! OR UNDEAD! JUST NOT IN SPINESREACH!

See how I snuck in that pet peeve there? Here's a less subtle one - having to call my short joke a not short joke b/c respect for @Nipsy

#sorrynotsorry
    Reave