Mildly Irritating: Aetolia's Pet Peeves

Comments

• NipsyNipsy Setting fire to Aeryx's mine
    edited February 2022
    Listen here sassafrass....so help me god if I write a whole goddamn research book for RP shit, I will do it just to appease you....and you will know my rage for having had to do so.

That is all. *gnomefist* @Wjoltyr

Also we need a GNOMEFIST emote, for Gnomes it allows you to bump fists, but for bigger folks to Gnomes, it bops us on the head.
    Thanks
    WjoltyrReave
  • I second this idea. MAKE IT SO
  • edited February 2022
    It makes me really uncomfortable when some people fail at pursuing a line of RP with you / people you care about... So then they bring up one of their old alts to try it again on that character instead. And barely even try to hide that it's the same person.
    ReaveNipsyTetchtaLenorielMaeve
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    Oh yeah that's been a big problem shadow tether, too. Like 3, 4 people maybe keep rolling new characters to make romantic passes at the same folk they keep getting rebuffed by. It's extremely silly but also creepy.

ReaveNipsyMaeve
  • Tetchta said:

Oh yeah that's been a big problem shadow tether, too. Like 3, 4 people maybe keep rolling new characters to make romantic passes at the same folk they keep getting rebuffed by. It's extremely silly but also creepy.

I'm sorry you're just so pretty :(

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

TetchtaReave
  • Tetchta said:

Incidentally, it's someone from Shadow. (no this isn't a jab, just saying)

Made me even more uncomfortable after finding out who they were in other games. I generally think I'm good at separating IC/OOC, but not with this person. Because they don't, either.
    TetchtaMaeve
    Doesn't come across as a dig at all. The problem presently seems to be [some number of people] who like playing shadow characters who are doing this, so it doesn't surprise me in the slightest. And yeah, it's unsettling, and given that it's driven OOCly, it's pretty fair to be squicked out by it. It's pretty much the opposite of RP.

MaeveTeani
    I mean, I would say just put them on ignore, and if they get ...further uncomfortable, issue them, this is one of those instances it is necessary to do that.

I don't often promote issuing, but, sometimes it is necessary.
    Maeve
    Nipsy said:

I don't often promote issuing

idk I think we could all stand to be a lil more chill about issuing. It can be a pretty fantastic tool for getting rule clarifications, and for stuff like this it's vital. I think too many people think of issues as a retribution-seeking machine, when it's kind of a catchall ticket system for anything that's not a bug.

NipsyIazamatMaeve
    Oh I have definitely used ISSUE ME for clarifications plenty, that's an entirely different beast.
  • edited February 2022
    Carbon copy alting is a huge peeve of mine. We had a string of that recently in our guild. It is a bonkers situation to have to deal with as a player. But they will handle it if you issue it and it is bad enough.
    TetchtaNipsyMaeve
    This is a pet peeve @ the universe, but I've had at least two possibly fun RP things cut short recently due to real life. Yesterday a scene started when I was basically falling asleep at my keyboard and had to qq, and today I got a call from my kid's school that she was sick and I had to go get her. Both were cross-tether, too! The rarest and sexiest form of RP!

ReaveNipsyTeaniJhuraWjoltyr
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    Pet peeve of mine lately is having to get up so early that I feel tired all the time and feel like I never have the time to get anything done in real life or Aetolia. Hoping I can get some balance back next week.
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
    ReaveWjoltyr
  • Retirement value.

• ... agreed. Somehow I need to invest MORE credits than the MINIMUM to retire 
  • I think that's fine in web, or if it is consistent with character. For example, there was a time where Aya took very little seriously. Everything was a joke to her, even the Gods. That said, I do hate 'it's what my character would do' and if you see it is annoying other players and sapping their fun... stop. Do silly thinks to yourself rather than annoy other people. 
    Wjoltyr
  • edited February 2022
    Phase pulling at cross-tether public events where everyone is welcome, especially repeatedly. It's disruptive and unnecessary and takes attention off the event. It's especially obnoxious when the phase pull is followed with smug commentary and smirks, like some grand gotchta had just been pulled. With the number of events that involve high-powered mobs hopping out and starting to swing, phase is just a safer place to stand - not a matter of 'spying'.

Just my personal pet peeve. I'm sure plenty of people will disagree, but.. it is what it is.

ps. this isn't directed at people with like, a valid RP reason to check for someone and does it once. I still feel like that should be done with farsee instead, but.. it's not as bad by far.
    The Divine voice of Ictinus, the Architect echoes in your head, "I think you are cursed."
    TetchtaTeaniSryaenNipsyCzciennKonnornIllikaal
    At some "public" events I get, esp if they're org-centric events that happen to take place in public. Throwing eye in a room where someone's phased when there's one or more gods seems a lil redundant. Like, you can't hide from them, and if they don't care, just seems to be another distraction to the scene (which we don't need).

LenorielFeirenzKonnorn
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Unfortunately, in the moment, it seems like it's more important to the instigating player to "get" the phased person, or at least try to knock them down a few pegs for... I don't know, wanting to watch in silence?

Don't do that! You're being lame
    LenorielTetchtaSeurimasFeirenzTeani
  • Unless it's been fixed recently, you don't see mpos emotes through phase. So really, if you're phased, you're only getting the player side of things.

Tell me how I'm doing!
    (Web): Mileta says, "Okay... Sry is an edgelord..."

(Web): Dreww says, "Sryaen just wants to be the best Dhar boi and slaughter everyone."
  • Sryaen said:

Unless it's been fixed recently, you don't see mpos emotes through phase. So really, if you're phased, you're only getting the player side of things.

You do.
    The Divine voice of Ictinus, the Architect echoes in your head, "I think you are cursed."
    SryaenTetchta
    edited February 2022
    Oh thank christ that was mad annoying. What about those room-wide, uh, they have a term. It's not an emote, it's like a roommote. Those used to be broken too.

• As far as I can tell, if you're standing in the room in phase you see everything an unphased player sees. Thinks, roomwide emotes, NPC emotes, fancy Omeiian emotes, etc. Spyglass is still broken in several ways though.
    Tetchta
  • edited February 2022
    ps. this isn't directed at people with like, a valid RP reason to check for someone and does it once. I still feel like that should be done with farsee instead, but.. it's not as bad by far.

You cant farsee phased people. If you have the salvage goggles, you can phasesense them but not everyone has those.
  • No, but that narrows down/rules out people. And the intention of this wasn't to jump on you, btw, you weren't malicious about it. It's something that happens over and over at so many events, and that's what I'm really talking about. It's not necessary - if anyone would be welcome to walk into the room to attend the event, there's no reason they shouldn't be able to attend the event in phase. Eye sigiling just yanks the attention of the whole room onto the phase pulled person and away from the focal point of the happenings, and can quickly derail it if things get hostile.

When I say public, btw, I'm not talking about org-specific things. I mean 'everyone in the game is invited to show up through some sort of explicit or implicit invitation and a public shout/announcement'.

• Skulking in the shadows amongst people that might consider you an enemy is an aggressive action even from an rp angle.
    IesidCzciennSryaenIllikaal
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Kurak said:

Skulking in the shadows amongst people that might consider you an enemy is an aggressive action even from an rp angle.

What is technically true, what makes sense from a roleplaying perspective, and what are healthy social actions to take in a communal game are all entirely different things. It makes RP sense for my character go to hunt down and attack every undead person they see, but I don't do it for myriad reasons.
    LenorielWjoltyrTetchta
  • In -my opinion-, a gamewide event isn't the time for that. That's the time for focusing on that event. Enemies that aren't being actively provocative (like verbally, or hurting you with auras, or attacking, etc) in the present tense should be left alone to enjoy the event alongside you.

Now, if people split off into smaller groups and someone follows a group on phase, for example, that's different.

But 30 people and gods in a room for an event isn't the time for eye sigil spam and the subsequent verbal sniping that invariably follows. It's actively disruptive.

You are welcome to hold a different opinion. It's just my own pet peeve.

edited February 2022
    Seeing all the zap-baiting lately is getting a little exhausting and, honestly, immersion-breaking. I don't really know how else to put it. It's tiresome. It very rarely seems to be a case of "I'm standing up for what I believe in, in spite of being in the face of a superior force" and more often seems to be "I don't know how to get positive attention, so negative attention it is."

edit: and I'm pretty sure I've done this in the past, and it was just as tired, unoriginal, and boring then.

LinSryaenIazamatValorieIllikaal