Mafia: The Rellyw Rebellion - Game Thread

Comments

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Teani said:
    Points to consider:
    - Warden could easily correct Macavity if he was wrong with an anon message.
    - Demarcus actually pointed a finger at Piper in his post when voting on Aldric.
    - Switching votes after it's an almost done deal could have been a ruse, but not very likely. We still have enough people to pull off the vote.

@Demarcus: Which Conclave would you say it's most likely @Aldric belongs to?
    That one is pretty tough. Due to the fact that we have no evidence on what the Dhasan of Magic has done except once blocking Ilyon, is that due to the design of the game with the Consanguine Experiment, or because the person isn't around? Intuitively, it would make sense that he would be a Loyalist -- I don't think Aarbrok could have carried the Rebels as far as he did with two inactive people. But the inactivity also suggests he could be the Dhasan of Nature. I'd go 70% Loyalist, 30% Rebel for confidence level. That's if he's a Conclave member.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I suppose we are still waiting for the night to be over, right? I'm feeling kind of well-rested for once!

Demarcus
  • Well-rested?

Not for long.

During the night, Teani died.

She was a Rellyw.

It is now Round Nineteen - Day.

You will require four votes for a successful lynch.

i am rapture coder
    OOOoooOOOooo Have fun for the last bit. That was unexpected oooOOOoooOOO

Omei said:
    Well-rested?

Not for long.

During the night, Teani died.

She was a Rellyw.

It is now Round Nineteen - Day.

You will require four votes for a successful lynch.
    Wait, WTF? I thought nobody had a night kill last night? This sucks!

At any rate, going to continue with the plan of voting for the person whom we ALL agree is a Conclave member.

Vote: Aldric
    Teani
  • I'm confused, I thought there were no night kills. Well I guess I'll jump on the Aldric train since nobody has counterclaimed the role of judge, I'll assume that it is indeed Macavity. 

Vote: Aldric

Teani
  • Your logic is sound, Captain.

VOTE: Aldric

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    at this point Magic, I mean Demarcus, wont be able to use their powers at all after Nature is killed.  It does not matter the order so long as Rellyw win.

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Macavity said:
    at this point Magic, I mean Demarcus, wont be able to use their powers at all after Nature is killed.  It does not matter the order so long as Rellyw win.

So if you are the Jailer, why haven't you been jailing me like you've claimed to remove the night kills entirely? There have been ample rounds to "feel" it out and yet there was a night kill last night. Good work, Macavity.

On top of that, why would I kill Teani when she was the only one who seemed to show some support for me? None of your logic makes a lot of sense.
    in case you are not aware on how things work...when the conclaves are even there is no factional kill, so locking you or the other one up would have opened that kill up.  My guess is that Magic blocked Nature which gave them a kill, I am still waiting on the warden to send me their report on last night
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Macavity said:
    in case you are not aware on how things work...when the conclaves are even there is no factional kill, so locking you or the other one up would have opened that kill up.  My guess is that Magic blocked Nature which gave them a kill, I am still waiting on the warden to send me their report on last night

So by naming the Dhasan of Nature (Aldric), you let the Dhasan of Magic know who to block to get a night kill? And we're supposed to believe that you're a good guy why?
    Demarcus said:
    Macavity said:

So by naming the Dhasan of Nature (Aldric), you let the Dhasan of Magic know who to block to get a night kill? And we're supposed to believe that you're a good guy why?
    YOU do not need to believe it, as come the next day round regardless of if I am alive or not, you will be killed and the Rellyw will have won the game.  Nothing else matters.  Thank you, and good night!
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Macavity said:
    Demarcus said:
    Macavity said:

YOU do not need to believe it, as come the next day round regardless of if I am alive or not, you will be killed and the Rellyw will have won the game.  Nothing else matters.  Thank you, and good night!

... Okay, so you'll lynch me, there will be 4 people left, and you'll all have a 1/4 chance of randomly picking the Dhasan of Magic, and if you don't, game over. Really more of a 50/50, since the three unvetted people are Xenia, Esper, and myself. Meskhenet to a lesser degree, but I'm pretty sure she's with the rellyw. If you want it to come down to a 50/50, that's fine, a win is a win. All I know is I've personally done a much better job of picking out the Indorani and BOTH Conclaves than Macavity who pretty much has picked everything but.
    bumping this up so we do not lose this on the main page!  @Omei I believe we have the votes for the lynch can we please move on to night round?  thank you lots!  =)
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• @Demarcus, this is the deal. Macavity has claimed to be the Jailer. Nobody else has made such a claim, which means there's no reason to doubt him. On top of that, not saying this is how he's playing it. But it could be that Macavity's method of protecting the innocence was by starting weak trains on them, so that those who would see the villagers killed, would be less likely to kill someone they could later just lynch. 

• edited September 2013
    Apologies for the wait!

You string up Aldric, haul him up to the top of the Basilica, and let him choke.

It's the most noise he's made in quite some time.

Aldric has been lynched. He was the Dhasan of Nature.

The Loyalist Conclaves have been eliminated.

The Rebel Conclaves now possess a night kill.

It is now Round Twenty - Night.

i am rapture coder
    Xenia said:
    @Demarcus, this is the deal. Macavity has claimed to be the Jailer. Nobody else has made such a claim, which means there's no reason to doubt him. On top of that, not saying this is how he's playing it. But it could be that Macavity's method of protecting the innocence was by starting weak trains on them, so that those who would see the villagers killed, would be less likely to kill someone they could later just lynch. 

The problem as I see it is this -- Why would the Jailer want to reveal themselves? They can't jail themselves, so they've opened themselves up to be killed. Thus far our Jailer has done a poor job of actually protecting people to boot (since pre-massacre).

As to his method, I'm not sure what you're getting at. All of his trains are weak trains no matter how you look at it. He hasn't offered anything other than "I've been talking behind the scenes with people that can no longer confirm this" and states his conclusion, but not how he's reached it. We've got it down to 3 people thus far, myself, you, and Esper. Maybe Meskehenet, but I can't remember why I think Meskhenet was vetted. I know she was vetted as not Indorani, but I can't recall if I had her cleared as not Conclave. We already know Macavity has had it out for you and I, longer in my case. So why hasn't he bothered to even mention Esper or Meskehent? I'm a little perturbed at following Macavity's lead when he's been so wrong in the past, and refuses to divulge anything other than making non-verifiable claims. There is nothing clearing Macavity of being the Dhasan of Magic or verifying him as the Jailer, aside from no counter claim. But we don't have any of those.

So I propose this -- Jail me tonight, Macavity. This would verify that you are the Jailer. If I'm the Dhasan of Magic, I won't get a night kill (I don't think. I wouldn't get a vote and there would be nobody left if I understand the rules correctly.) and you can lynch me in the morning. 2-for-1 vetting process. We find out that Macavity and I are on the same team, and having two rellyw means we can hunt down the Dhasan of Magic with superior numbers.

• OoooOOOoooOOO Vote to lynch someone so I can stop watching this thread OooooOooooOOOOooooo
    Aryanne
    OoOoooOOOoo It's night round. I think they're waiting for @Omei and possible night actions. OOooooOoOOOoo

• OoooOoooOoooOOO Oh... I totally saw that OoooOOOOoooOOOoo
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    OoooooOOoOOoooooOOoooo the lion sleeps tonight
    A-weema-weh, a-weema-weh, a-weema-weh, a-weema-weh
    A-weema-weh, a-weema-weh, a-weema-weh, a-weema-weh
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

XeniaMoirean
  • You awaken in the day; and after you scout out the Citadel in its entirety to see if anything's amiss, you find that no attempts at murder were made during the night whatsoever.

No one has died.

It is now Round Twenty-one - Day.

You will require three votes for a lynch.

i am rapture coder
    So with the night round being done and no kills, because I locked up Demarcus that prevented him from getting his night kill!

So lets win this!!

VOTE: Demarcus!
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• Well, the Jailer has spoken! 
    Vote: Demarcus

• Well, in for a penny, in for a pound.

VOTE: Demarcus

• We could do an elaborate writeup describing all of this, but really - let's keep it short and simple.

You tear Demarcus apart.

Underneath this robes, he turns out to be Ankyrean.

"Okay, I get it. That's what they look like."

Demarcus has died. He was the Dhasan of Magic.

The Rellyw have won the game!

Macavity is the Jailer.

Meskhenet is the Warden.

i am rapture coder
  • OooOoOo
    OoOoOooo

Periluna
    yay!!  awesome game!  

@Demarcus I think your plan to ask me to lock you up may have backfired.  I think you thought you would still get your night kill but you didnt.  
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

I see, that's why Moirean was so certain Meskhenet was innocent. Was a fun, but long and complex game! I suppose Demarcus killed me off with that night kill?