Mafia: The Rellyw Rebellion - Game Thread

Comments

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Alexina said:
    Yeah. Just read up on the posts and I agree.

Vote: Damonicus
    By my unofficial count, this makes the 9th vote required to lynch. Omei, show us what is behind Door Number 1/Damonicus!
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    @demarcus you sure are eager to kill him off....
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Macavity said:
    @demarcus you sure are eager to kill him off....

I put a lot of time into re-reading everything for clues, and I must have come up with something good to spook him so badly  that he claims he's part of a Conclave. So yeah, I am eager to find out if he is in fact Indorani. I'll be disappointed if he ends up as anything else.

Besides, how many times have you haphazardly shouted to kill someone because they spoke or for some other goofy reason? I'll refrain from any further attempts at humor if you'd like.

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Xenia: My reasons for suspecting Aryanne (to begin with) has to do with previous posts, such as vaguely defending Minarael back on page 19, I believe, and for asking for all the sniffing information to be made public, even though this would help Conclaves more than is good for us, especially since Conclaves (save for one moment) haven't shared much information on their findings back to the public either. I believe these points have been brought up by others as well, so I'm not the only one finding her a bit fishy.

As for you, there have been small posts, mistakes made here and there, like the role-claiming thing, and speaking up in defence of Jasline. Not sure. You're just on the 'not sure she's really a Rellyw' list.

@Jasline: I'm sorry, went back through the massive amounts of posts and saw you actually had made some comments after your summaries, but I'm still not completely convinced of your innocence, based on the info in those posts. Keeping an eye on you.

• Well, I'm not going to argue with the train, I agree that @Damonicus has been pretty damning. I also don't like scare tactics like kill me and risk 3 deaths in the night. Everyone else has said pretty much anything else I would have. With that said, I will be that tenth vote. 

Vote: Damonicus 

• Give me time to count the votes. I will end the round shortly.

i am rapture coder
  • Xenia (1): Macavity
    Periluna (2): Damonicus, Haern
    Jasline (1): Ilyon
    Jasline (1): Periluna
    Damonicus (10): Demarcus, Toz, Vharen, Esper, Jasline, Aarbrok, Meskhenet, Aryanne, Alexina, Xenia

---

The sun wanes, as does the patience of those in the mob.

"He looks a bit like an Ankyrean!" one of the farmers says, jabbing Damonicus with his pitchfork.

"He just said he was one!" another points out, going to get the rope.

This time, though, the killing is more savage. The hanging isn't bothered with - instead, it's stones, clubs, pitchforks, and knives that are brought into play and used to messily tear apart the poor man's body. As blood spreads and strands of gore hang from the nearby stalls, the bloodlust abates for now.

The Ankyreans watch from the balcony, dispassionately.

Damonicus has been torn apart. He was the Summoner.

It is now the Round Twelve - Night. Viola!

i am rapture coder
    Oh HO! We found ourselves an Indorani, kiddos! Now we're on a roll. I will say this definitely adds suspicion to Jasline, given that Damonicus went ballistic after she got a few votes and he got a vote for himself. Could have just been an "AHMGERD! They're on to me!" We'll have to wait until the Daytime to figure it out. Good work guys!
    Awesome! I read back and realized I missed voting. Derp. Might be because I've spent too much time going through the massive amounts of posts to find the small tidbits that made me put people into columns.

Would be awesome to hear what reports there are. Seeing as Damonicus went after Periluna pretty heavily, I doubt she's the Wildcard. Haern was the only one to follow his lead.

• Hoorah! Feels good to be right!

I think I'll go back and see if there's any consistencies of who Mina and Damon voted FOR. Those people will likely be not the wildcard, so at least I can get a bit of "process of elimination" going on.

We only know of Haern and Moi as attempted Indo targets that were protected via jailing, right?

• And Toz, saved by the swap with llok.

Hrm. Very interesting point we're at in the game. One mutual baddie left. Then we have 6 baddies we have to balance out and get rid of. We might actually pull this off!

First things first, need to figure out who the Wildcard is. I'm at a bit of a loss as to who it could be. Aryanne has it right, process of elimination. I'm wondering if one of the quieter folks isn't lurking as the Wildcard? I don't know. The more I think about it, probably not Periluna, and also probably not Jasline. Yes, Damonicus did seem like he was defending her, but I think the liklihood he would make such a blatant outing of his only other buddy isn't high. I think his rash Conclave claim came because I had a vote for him and some pretty solid stuff, and he jumped the gun thinking others would buy into my reasoning (which nobody botered to mention... thanks guys.)

I guess I can't definitively rule Jasline out, just my confidence in her being the Wildcard is pretty small. Unfortunately that leaves me with the "Ugh, who the heck could it be!? feeling." Le sigh.

• My bet is still on Jasline. I kept my vote with her for that reason, even though I was then -SURE- of Damonicus' guilt. These are the people I'd like to know everyone's opinion on and I would like for them to speak for themselves as well:

Three of you are Rellyw. I just can't figure out who...

Periluna said:

Three of you are Rellyw. I just can't figure out who...
    Does this mean you have the other 8 hammered down? 11 Rellyw are alive, 3 of us are rellyw, 8 others not listed are confirmed safe (and I could go through the list to figure out who you have as safe...) Might I ask how? I can get a good read on several due to jailings and attempted kills and the like, but to have 8 people listed as safe? Dayum!
  • That's odd. There are only 17 people in the game, but there are 11 Rellyw, 3 from each Conclave, and the Wildcard.... 18... 
    I get 17 when I count too.

On Periluna's 'list of confirmed?'
    Periluna, Macavity, Vharen, Meskhenet, Haern, Teani, Alexina

On Periluna's 'list of questionable?'
    Toz, Aldric, Ilyon, Aryanne, Aarbrok, Piper, Jasline, Xenia, Demarcus, Esper.

Dead:
    Aren, Daskalos, Kaeus, Moirean, Desian, Minarael, Damonicus, Llok

On my list of fishy people are Aryanne, Toz, Aarbrok and Piper. I'll have to dig back to give specific reasons on how they ended up there, but it has to do with (among other things): Aarbrok has tried to start trains in very strange ways,
    Aryanne has asked for more public information from sniffings, even though that would definitely aide the Conclaves more than us, and
    the whole swap/toss/turn with Toz and Piper's bump-in with the Loyalist Conclave.

There are other things as well, but those are my main suspects at the moment.

• I think my results are hard to question. My logic has nailed 2 for 2.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Yes. For Indorani. Doesn't mark you out for being a Conclave, babes.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I dont really like starting trains, but I typically choose based on a gut feeling.  Once I have solid evidence I follow evidence, I would definitely never make a final decision just based on a whim, but typically a good finger point can raise a bit of discussion.  I think we have been doing better lately at being open, calculating and weighing our evidence, being successful in the past rounds.  I want to keep that momentum definitely, but I also wont deny my suspicions.  Overall we are doing well though!
    Periluna said:

That's odd. There are only 17 people in the game, but there are 11 Rellyw, 3 from each Conclave, and the Wildcard.... 18... 

Omei's lil numbers say 11 rellyw, 3 of each Conclave, and the Wildcard. Adds up to 18. My bad. Anyways, I'll post my thoughts in the day round after we hear from the Warden.
  • @Omei, mind updating your sig? Please?
  • Updated.

You have three more hours to get in any final night actions before I resolve the round.

i am rapture coder
    Demarcus
  • None of you get any sleep because that night, the Citadel goes wild.

That isn't, even remotely, a good thing.

The doors of the Grand Hallway collapse in an explosion of jade fire, and the last Indorani charges in, their hood askew as they attempt to put paid to the Ankyrean legacy. Syssin Defenders fall, decayed and afflicted with withered limbs of all sorts; a few twist and writhe as chaos beings leech onto them, tentacled and bloodthirsty.

One of your number, from the mob, dashes forward with a bow at the ready. They draw back and fire, arrow after arrow, trying to strike down the Indorani. Finally, one hits - and as the last of the dread corrupters falls, lances of bone fly from them, striking through the vigilante and laying them low; an Ankyrean, attempting to stop the massacre, is caught full in the face by one and topples with a messy hole through their head.

Screams fill the hallways as three more hooded Ankyreans see an opportunity; as one, they descend on another of their number, daggers rising and falling; and as dawn rises and reveals the grisly slaughter, you realize that everything - everything has changed.

Alexina has been killed. She was the Vigilante.

Jasline
    has been killed. She was the Wildcard.

Toz
    has been killed. He was the Dhasan of Devotion.

Aryanne
    has been killed. She was the Dhasan of Art.

The Rebels now have a factional night kill.

It is Round Thirteen - Day.

Seven votes are required to perform a lynch.

i am rapture coder
    Uh... holy crap thats not good.
  • Actually, it's not bad at all. We're still at the same place as far as night rounds go. One of us will get killed by a faction. The good news is, there are only four bad guys left.

Yeah, we lost the Vigiliante, but at least she got a kill off.
    Oh damn, that's a lot of people killed! We need a Warden report in some form.

Indorani dead and four Conclave left in play. Still a night kill each night because of the fraction difference. That's going to take a lot of work to balance and we don't have a Vigilante to help kill more people off.

Worst thing I see is that the experiment is still out there and that's a difficult lynch.

• I just got an anonymous report from the Warden's office. Here you go:

-The Wildcard used their factional night kill to get Alexina.
    -The Wildcard used their power to mimic the Vigilante to kill Aryanne.
    -The Dhasan of Science investigated Jasline.
    -The Dhasan of Magic blocked Toz.
    -The Rebel Conclaves received a night kill.
    -The Rebel Conclaves used their factional night kill to kill Toz.
    -The Dhasan of Art switched Demarcus and Teani.
    -The Dhasan of Nature attempted to send Toz out on an expedition during the day.
    -The Vigilante used their power to kill Jasline.
    -The Syssin investigated Aarbrok.

I've also heard enough to

VOTE: AARBROK
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    wow that is a whole lot of carnage!!  I am going to have to review everything for the next vote!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    I'm guessing your vote is based off the Syssin, Periluna? Good enough for me!

Vote: Aarbrok