Mafia: The Rellyw Rebellion - Game Thread

Comments

• Ilyon said:
    Interesting choice for that block, my guess would be that rebel conclave is trying to get a night kill by random-blocking people to see if they get lucky. Well, they didn't.
    I don't understand what you mean by this. The power is described as "If the person blocked has access to a factional kill, they are prevented from voting on it, and do not count as a member of the coalition that has access to it" I thought that meant that not only is the blocked person prevented from voting on a kill and using their powers, but if sniffed at they won't show up as being a member of their group...

Did I grossly misunderstand that power's functionality?

• I think you are misunderstanding. If Ilyon was indeed Conclave by the Dhasan of Magic targetting him the other faction would have gained a night kill,  since only Llok was killed using redirection from teh Dhasan of Art, no other kill attempts were used, giving him (Ilyon) the ability to say he is by that logic and proof not conclave.

Demarcus
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    only the Jailer has the power to take out one person of a Conclave to allow the other one to vote for a kill.   The Magic only stops the powers of that person and does not allow for a person to be taken out of the count for possible kill action.
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • From Omei's rile post:

-Are host to the Dhasan of Magic, who may use their magic to block a role's active (not passive) power. This may only be done once every two rounds, owing to the complex spellwork involved; in this context, a day is a round and so is a night. If the person blocked has access to a factional kill, they are prevented from voting on it, and do not count as a member of the coalition that has access to it.

That right there is exactly like the Jailor.

DemarcusAryanne
  • Rile means Rules for you that do not understand Damonspeak.

yeah but you missed the first part of that sentence that says..." If the person blocked has access to a factional kill, they are prevented from voting on it,and do not count as a member of the coalition that has access to it."

If the person blocked has access to a factional kill....  which means to me that the person is blocked from voting if their side has a kill, if not then the group does not get the kill access

― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    So we can pretty much clear Ilyon off the potential Conclave list. Unless the Jailor managed to snag someone from the opposing Conclave to offeset the loss, it is unlikely he's part of either Conclave. The possibility still exists.

The night actions don't help us much I don't think, other than having to redact credit from the Indorani for offing Llok. Be serious, who didn't want that to happen either way? His silence was awfully suspicious, and I'm with Ilyon in being surprised he was innocent.

@Periluna, I haven't looked much at Jasline, probably due to her relative silence. I'd be willing to get behind either Jasline or Aryanne. However, right now I agree with the current trend leaning towards Jasline. Why? Look at her vote history. She's voted for almost every rellyw lynch, but not on the most recent lynch on Minarael. Why is that? Could it be that she didn't want to help a train along against her teammate? She has been otherwise mostly been hanging low with large posts, so she's clearly been paying attention but not adding a whole lot, probably not to incriminate herself. It's about the most solid vote we have right now, I think.

Vote: Jasline
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I can show you the nooose, knotted hung for the lynching.
    Tell me Ilyon why did you let an Indoran decide.

It will bug out your eyes, and even impede your breathing,
    flailing and jerking and writhing, then it stops cause you have died...

Something about you seems fishy, and my gut feeling thinks, there is some sort of something going on with Ilyon, Especially by saying you dont have grounds for a vote, and you are just doing it because you have a hunch.  So you are my hunch, based on fishy behavior.

VOTE: Ilyon

• Vote count so far:

Jasline (3) Periluna, Demarcus, Ilyon
    Xenia (1) Macavity
    Maskhenet (1) Damonicus
    Ilyon (1) Aarbrok

9 votes for lynch, 6 out of 19 players have voted.

• Oh, okay. Yeah, looks like it's worded identically to the jailor description. I'll need to look back and see what/if any other folks were blocked now. Gah, stuck on my phone makes this such a pain in the unicorns to look through >.<

However, this means Ilyon is most likely a rellyw/indorani (and statistically an indorani) but I want to relook over old reports now that I know what the blocking is really doing before I vote.

• Hey @Macavity, eh I don't see the connection with Minareal. Essentially I got on the vote trains and didn't put much of my own thought process behind it. With Kaeus, I voted, then didn't check for an hour or so, and he got lynched, but I saw his post and was in the process of pulling my vote (because I think Rellyw in this set up are less likely to contribute in discussion than the power roles) until I scrolled further down into the discussion and saw that it was already done and no point in posting. I'm not conclave or indo, just a Rellyw, but then again anyone is going to say that. I've not been participating so much because I've not had the time to keep up due to school. That being said, I don't know how to vote just yet, need to go back and read. 

@damonicus : On a note about Meskhenet, last game she was mafia. Now I'm not saying that she isn't a power role, but I think that possibly Omei may have chosen power roles based on people who did not have one previously. Of course, maybe Omei used some sort of randomized assignment process. 

Xenia said:
    @damonicus : On a note about Meskhenet, last game she was mafia. Now I'm not saying that she isn't a power role, but I think that possibly Omei may have chosen power roles based on people who did not have one previously. Of course, maybe Omei used some sort of randomized assignment process. 
    I REALLY hope Omei used a randomizer or something to pick power roles, because that would be really bad
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

AryanneXenia
  • Gah, reading over past pages is overwhelming, even if I've seen it all before. I did notice Moirean declaring that it was determined Mesk is most likely NOT Indorani (page 16, I think), so I'll certainly avoid that train for now. Also, it lookes kike the previous train on her was largely headed by Minarael, another tick in her "not likely inodrani" favour.
    also, I noticed Jasline did a lot of "massive summary" posts kinda like Mina did in the last night. While thia made me think they were both likely innocent before for sake of effort, it does seem a bit more fishy now.
    I couldn't find any other blocking declared by the warden, so either they haven't used it before, the warden didn't tell us when they did, or I just missed the post.

Any chance someone would be awesome and compile the reports for schmucks stuck on phones?

• @Aryanne, the experiment starts off by hiding what the Dhasan of Magic does, until the experiment changes it's target. Also Passive so no warden report.

• Oh. >.<
    There's an hour of my life spent on a useless voyage of nondiscovery. Oi.
    So, basically this means the experiment is hiding someone else's actions now, right?

• This is my first game with you all. The only time I've played a game like this one is the card game called Are You A Werewolf? So excuse me for trying to figure this all out. I wasn't active much this past weekend because I was at con all weekend. I even caught the con crud at the end.

So apparently going back and looking at peoples past posts is the wrongb way to play the game? Good to know. I'll have to remember that. Sorry if i'm coming across as mean. It's not my intention but i know i have a tendency to be that way when sick.
  • @Jasline -- You're doing fine. Posting summaries is helpful. Minareal was only messed up cus someone decided to check into her, and they found her to be guilty. Had she not been investigated, then everyone would probably think she was innocent. It's really only dangerous because if anything, it puts more focus on you, and the Syssin will want to know if you're trustworthy, etc. 

Now people are applying the logic that because Mina was posting summaries and was guilty, then you must be as well. However, if that's the case, why would the Indorani have 2 people doing the exact same thing? I really don't think they'd be doing that. Based on this logic, I'm inclined to think that Jasline was not in league with Minareal. 

• There's no 'logic' at all to this. MinaraEl? XEnia? E's? COINCIDENCE OR SKUM1? is sort of how some of these things are reading. I'm still undecided, myself, about which one of you I'm voting for next.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

XeniaMinarael
  • Honestly, I'm not so sure about Jasline now. My logic was this:

Here is the message posted by the wildcard:  "Do not let the loud mouth imp decieve you, for she will have your DEVOTION. The jailor locked her up for her mouth, yet her conclave assisted in her plot by targetting her as well. Now she has you all under her control."

Notice the spelling of the word "jailer." Now, since my vote for Jasline, I've noticed that Damonicus and Aryanne have both spelled the word the same way. Hence my new found reluctance. While not -wrong- in any way, it's just a different way of spelling the same word. (However, targeting and deceive were both misspelled.)

I'm honestly starting to lean more towards Damonicus now. Why continue to push the lynch on Meskhenet when Minarael was so dead set on killing her? We know now that the logic Minarael used was skewed by the fact that she didn't really care who died.

UNVOTE: JASLINE (for now)
  • Jasline voted on every train round but the one for Mina. That in itself is probably the biggest piece of evidence. As you said yourself, Toz, it's 

Her posts really are big swathes of text without a whole lot of useful analysis, or short and bleh. The summaries are nice, but even when she does them, she ends up jumping on the train. Not enough on its own, but it supports the voting pattern. 

She also neglected to post during the last round, despite being present. In her defense, she mentioned the Con as being her reason for not posting. She was, at the very least, logged onto the forums and checking this thread. Yes, I'm a bit nutter and I keep on eye on who's viewing at different times.

Smaller and circumstantial, but Jasline asked on the first day about anonymous messages and the specifics of how they work. The next day, we got a message from a baddie trying to discredit Moirean. Only relevant because of the other suspicions.

Poor defense filled with holes, suspicious voting pattern, "contributing but not contributing", and circumstantial evidence.

Vote: Jasline

• UGH! Now you're making me second guess my second guess. Maybe I shouldn't read/post when half asleep and sneezing my unicorns off.
  • Jasline voted on every train round but the one for Mina. That in itself is probably the biggest piece of evidence. As you said yourself, Toz, it's 

+ About voting patterns, right?

Clipped myself off there.

Xenia said:
    @Jasline -- You're doing fine. Posting summaries is helpful. Minareal was only messed up cus someone decided to check into her, and they found her to be guilty. Had she not been investigated, then everyone would probably think she was innocent. It's really only dangerous because if anything, it puts more focus on you, and the Syssin will want to know if you're trustworthy, etc. 

Now people are applying the logic that because Mina was posting summaries and was guilty, then you must be as well. However, if that's the case, why would the Indorani have 2 people doing the exact same thing? I really don't think they'd be doing that. Based on this logic, I'm inclined to think that Jasline was not in league with Minareal. 
    I knew before the syssin sniffed Minareal that she was Indo, but no one listened to me till several rounds later.  
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• Here is what amuses me. For 2 weeks you were completely silent Peri. The moment Moirean dies and the Vigilante card can be used. Hey power roles come give me your info. Sure you've been sniffed by the syssin. Doesn't matter. Sure you've been jailed, again doesn't matter.  Cause no active role and when sniffed comes off as rellyw. I say you are the wildcard. Now what do you have to say?

Unvote: Mesk
    Vote: Periluna

• You all make strong cases for Jasline, and now I'm second guessing my willingness to give her the benefit of the doubt. 

@Jasline if you were logged into the forums and read up on them, why didn't you vote? 

@Damonicus hmm the whole group wants Periluna to be what Moirean was for the Warden and we have confirmed she is rellwy in the past posts, and yet you vote for her??   If that does not scream I am an Indo I am not sure what will. !!

― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• Haern is the only confirmed.  Periluna is not. there is no way she could possibly be a confirmed townie. She was not lynched nor jailed the same night. Nor does the syssin get past the wildcards hidden ability. Some people are just so blind to what is right in front of their faces. Folow Peri. Good luck.

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Macavity said:
    Xenia said:
    @Jasline -- You're doing fine. Posting summaries is helpful. Minareal was only messed up cus someone decided to check into her, and they found her to be guilty. Had she not been investigated, then everyone would probably think she was innocent. It's really only dangerous because if anything, it puts more focus on you, and the Syssin will want to know if you're trustworthy, etc. 

I knew before the syssin sniffed Minareal that she was Indo, but no one listened to me till several rounds later.  

You also said Moirean was in a Conclave and she was in no way trustworthy.
  • I have a smart phone guys. That means I can try to keep up on breaks. I go to the con for the writing seminars mainly and those last all day long. After that I get dragged around the con and to dinners by the husband. I honestly was distracted and didn't try too hard to keep up during the weekend. I log on to the forums on my phone and then just leave it be so I don't have to log on again every single time I have a moment to check and read a few posts here and there.
  • You don't have to try too hard to vote for someone who was shown to be guilty. Trying too hard would be more likely to switch your vote, a la my derpy self.

The "people viewing" thing takes into account activity, if I am not mistaken. That means you were keeping up, not just logged in for convenience.

Why didn't you vote for her?