Mafia: The Rellyw Rebellion - Game Thread

Comments

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    @Minarael, you know for someone who claims they are innocent you sure are talking a lot, and saying the same things that someone in your situation would say to save themselves.  Example...you will be sorry for lynching me, I am a townie, and so on.  

and on top of that you are trying to point blame to multiple people trying to get anyone to latch on to them so to save youself.  

Till I hear something different from you, my vote will remain on you
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • What should I do? Sit here and let people gank me?

Cuz that makes sense. 
    imageimage
  • There's a chance that Devotion did frame her, true enough, and I would say it's a decent chance due to the investigation suggestion. 

I also can't see any reason for a Conclave member to frame someone other than their own members as a Rellyw, period. They can select what the person shows up as, Aryanne.

The reports make me even less certain she's an Indorani. We've had good luck and bad with our power roles this game, but this one just doesn't sit right with me. Thinking about it, this seems like an easy setup. I can't vote for her, even if it seems pretty inevitable that she's going to die.

And yes, I've considered that this defense will make me look dirty if she does turn out to be an Indo, even more than it does in light of my recent argument over her guilt. That said, people worrying about looking guilty is a part of the reason we're almost in the minority now.

Alllll that said, I don't think we should lynch her, if we're going to kill her. Instead, the new Vigilante should kill her and step into the public. This at least will give us something from her death, whichever way it turns out. We may not get another chance, and I'd rather the Wildcard doesn't get three kills handed to them.

• @vharen

Oh. Sorry, I guess I was just thinking it swapped from "good" to "bad" or "bad to "good".

Nevermind that, then. Guess I should go back and read how the powers work again.

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn

The suggestion was to investigate Haern last night, THEN Minarael, for the record. On top of that, I doubt the Conclaves would follow Macavity's advice unless he is part of the Rebel Conclave.

Additionally, wouldn't the framing power show up as targetting Minarael on the Warden's report?

• It was Ilyon then Minarael, but I think the other actions pointed at her show that his suggestion was not ignored entirely, if not exactly as worded.

As for Devotion, it's a switchable passive. The Warden's report only shows active skills. Otherwise, there wouldn't be any sort of doubt.

That's all moot, though. She is going to end up dead, and I think the best way to do so would be to get ourselves a definitive good guy in the meanwhile. 

So, I guess

Vote: Vigilante kill her and role claim, then we can pick someone else to lynch.

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Gut feeling wins after hearing the news....I am sorry if you are rellyw I apologize but....there is too much against my vote now to say otherwise, I am following my nose....

VOTE: Minarael
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    The vigilante cannot use their kills till night round.  

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • Ah, I definitely assumed that it was like the other game where Omei just whipped it out in the middle of the first day. Bluh.

Vharen said:
    Ah, I definitely assumed that it was like the other game where Omei just whipped it out in the middle of the first day. Bluh.
    Also, Minarael is the Necromaner. Unless the Vigilante is named Lucian from League of Legends and dual wields laser guns and can shoot twice, right now lynching is the only way for us to go.
  • So if both the syssin and science investigated her, what did the syssin find? Science investigated other people before and never tried to frame any, so I'm inclined to believe that Minarael is not a rellyw. However, the conclaves have their own agenda too, making it quite possible that Minarael is actually a member of the second conclave, lynching of which would give the first one a night kill.

Hence I'd like to see the syssin's report before joining on this vote.

• According to the scribbled vomit that was the Warden's message, the Syssin found her guilty, too. No denial message suggests that it's legit.

• From what I understand (and from what Moirean posted earlier), the warden doesn't see the result of the action, only that it has been performed.

• Vharen said:
    According to the scribbled vomit that was the Warden's message, the Syssin found her guilty, too. No denial message suggests that it's legit.
    That's so obnoxious.
    Ilyon said:
    So if both the syssin and science investigated her, what did the syssin find? Science investigated other people before and never tried to frame any, so I'm inclined to believe that Minarael is not a rellyw. However, the conclaves have their own agenda too, making it quite possible that Minarael is actually a member of the second conclave, lynching of which would give the first one a night kill.

Hence I'd like to see the syssin's report before joining on this vote.

Isn't their primary agenda to get rid of the Indorani? They can't kill the Necromancer without a lynch. We've failed to capitalize on any advantages thus far this game, and we're losing ground quickly. Our one key advantage, Moirean, is dead. Now we have a chance to strike back and people are all queasy or something. Smells like baddies are hesitant to help the rellyw, and rightfully so.

Could Mina have been framed strategically and it just so happened that she gets investigated on that round? It is possible. I'd be more inclined to believe that the Loyalists would reserve the framing power to protect themselves from the Rebels than try and get a plain rellyw killed. Or a rellyw power role. But I sincerely doubt Moi would have fingered and voted for another rellyw power role - if it was successful, there was nothing gained except to put yourself at terrible risk of looking guilty and handicapping us more. That is more of a baddie behavior to clear your own name than a rellyw.
    Aryanne
  • Fair enough.

VOTE: Minarael

• 4 power groups is one to many, I believe.

The rellyw power roles should have been made an official group and allowed to work together without being anonymous. It's so stacked against Rellyw and the vast majority of lynches/power role play has been so boring and poor that they've sealed our fate.

Minarael is another weak choice for a lynch.

It's interesting the lynches on Meshkenet and a few others have been so hard to gain traction on but lynches on civilians are so easy.

Ah well.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited August 2013
    ooOOoooooOOoooo you don't have to be rude to others oooOooooOooooOOOooo
    Aarbrok
  • Can the warden plase contact either Haern or Peri I would prefer Haern since well my previous post explained it and verify that the warden sent that message. We've already seen false messages plus let's face it Pete sucks at reading. I am more inclined to believe the messages but I would not want to lose another rellyw again like every previous day round so far. If haern says warden's message is true then I will vote Mina as well, till then I just do not feel like it is enough esp when Mina would be the next target regardless since she was just as out spoken as Moi.

• Nothing quite like picking the right target before power roles confirm. I am going to just claim skillz. And wallhax.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Xenia
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Toz has created an untrapped error, do not execute this command again.
  • Well, finally some sort substance to go off of on a vote. Not going to argue with the power roles's report. 

Vote: Minareal

• If the Syssin could contact me, that would be most appreciated.
  • I am off to work, will be back in about 9 hrs, guessing Mina will be killed by then either proving the messages false or true. Hoping true even though following blind messages does not sit well with me.

• Okay. I'm pretty confident in voting now.

VOTE: MINARAEL

Let's kill us a Necromancer
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Alright, placing my vote, sticking to my gut feeling as well as what has been posted about confirmations.

Vote Minarael

• Ah well. I tried. 

<.<
    imageimage
  • Hummm let's finish this one off then!

Vote: Minarael
  • The day passes quickly, with the townspeople arriving at a single, unified conclusion:

"Kill Minarael."

A rope is thrown up, and you drag her, kicking and screaming, off of the ground. She seems to have died - but then eerie light flares around her, and she comes to life again, still kicking, still dangling, still trying to fight her way free. As you watch, her flesh melts away, and she ages before your very eyes, her power dying as she does.

Minarael has been lynched. She was the Necromancer.

It is now Round Ten - Night.

i am rapture coder
  • My devious plan to look like an idiot has come to fruition.

You ever just want to spank someone REALLY REALLY HARD for no reason whatsoever? > : (

MinaraelAarbrokPeriluna