Mafia: The Rellyw Rebellion - Game Thread

Comments

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Yeah, difficult to pick one soul to do the heavy lifting when nothing is set in stone.

I wonder if it would be possible to get -some- info out without it being considered questionable. We have the Warden, Syssin and Jailer left in power.

Conclaves have:
    - Nature (to send people out and not use their powers during days)
    - Magic (to block people's power every 2 rounds, we don't know if they used recently)
    - Experiment (to hide someone's actions and has to be lynched during day)

It seems to me that there are no ways for the Conclaves can reflect or frame others in any way. If our power roles have finally gotten one another's identity, they could possibly form a base and manage one role claim that is then protected by the Jailer, no? Aside from Rellyw, there is no other group with three members in it to support one another and make that kind of a trio.

I might be wrong though. :(

• I was simply trying to figure out who to coordinate with. However all attempts I've made to contact people have gone either ignored or simply they don't trust me to be Rellyw, even still they could simply say so. 

@Macavity, the reason why I suggested Haern was because he had been already confirmed earlier in the game as Rellyw. I think there should be a Rellyw leader because it makes the most sense to have someone for the paranoid to follow. 

Anyway, it's annoying and I'm tired of trying to get the ball rolling and generating some sort of discussion or work. I assume the power roles are in contact with one another and will lead the blind as they see fit. 

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    so based on what I have heard, seen and looking over posts and what not.  I think this pushing of others into a rellwy power is a bit odd for me.

VOTE: Xenia
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • edited September 2013
    Eh, I'm tired of trying to prove my innocence as well as try to network with the people I think are aligned with the village. It's too frustrating, so this is me basically saying, I don't care anymore. I'm Rellyw, but whatever. For what it's worth, I think Macavity is innocent so don't see a point in starting a train on him after you guys lynch me off. 
    Vote: Xenia

Edit: I'm also in school so I don't really have the time to try and argue my innocence. 

That was a very quick yield, @Xenia. Don't know what you're going on about, cause I had no idea so much of the game was supposed to happen behind the scenes if you're a simple Rellyw. What possible good could come of going out of your way to campaign to people behind the scenes to prove your innocence, when most people go off what happens in open posts? Maybe I'm playing this game completely wrong, but I've tried to start discussions here instead.

So, seeing as we have little information from our power roles to go by at the moment, and no one reliable enough to stand in front, I'm going to go on a hunch based on Aarbrok's last post and

Vote Ilyon

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Teani said:
    That was a very quick yield, @Xenia. Don't know what you're going on about, cause I had no idea so much of the game was supposed to happen behind the scenes if you're a simple Rellyw. What possible good could come of going out of your way to campaign to people behind the scenes to prove your innocence, when most people go off what happens in open posts? Maybe I'm playing this game completely wrong, but I've tried to start discussions here instead.

So, seeing as we have little information from our power roles to go by at the moment, and no one reliable enough to stand in front, I'm going to go on a hunch based on Aarbrok's last post and

Vote Ilyon

Interesting hunch. Care to elaborate more? I'm not saying it's good or bad, but I'm guessing your hunch is that Aarbrok would throw a vote at a fellow Conclave member to throw suspicion off?

Also, there seems to be about 4 active players -- Teani, Xenia, Macavity, and myself. We can't even lynch someone.
  • Teani, people spend a lot of time talking to one another via skype/aim, PMing one another, in webs. They talk this way with the people that they are aligned with, or just to sniff one another out. In the last two games I noticed it was happening a lot. I decided that this game I'd try and do the same. 

I had my suspicious about someone who I believed to be one of the power roles possibly being a Loyalist based on a conversation with Toz. I didn't want to put their name on blast here because if my suspicious were wrong then I drew attention to them. I would rather privately speak to people who I trust to be Rellyw about my doubts than risk drawing attention to the wrong person. If anything it results in everyone voting to lynch m, and I have no special role, I'm just a warm body and a vote. 

For all we know, the last few conclave members are made up of @Aldric and @Meshkhenet, two people who haven't said or been active in quite a few pages.

I believe Meskhenet was confirmed one of the good guys way back when Moirean was still alive. I'd not vote for her again after that.

As for behind the scenes discussions, I've had a grand total of -one- and that was Damonicus trying to get himself to look more like an ally. Didn't quite sit right, so I hummed, nodded a bit and that was that. No one else has ever contacted me, so... guess I'm not that important or I'm not in any of those circles of people who talk a lot OOC.

As for my hunch on Ilyon, yes, it has to do with Aarbrok's last jab. I think it might have been to disguise him as not part of his Conclave. Can't say for sure, but with no intel to go off, that's where my vote is for now.

• I'm still playing and checking this every once in a while; I'm just really busy and, when I have to time check, there's either no change or huge bouts of activity that I just missed. I also have no basis for how anything has been decided since the Indorani massacre; Periluna and Moirean have had all of our information for most of this game. Most of my decisions have been made ex tempore based on defense or attack arguments. That having been said, I don't have much to contribute because I don't understand how certain people have been cleared, other than some unknown information like Syssin jabs. Now's a point for that person to use some eloquent rhetorical tricks to influence this vote.

@Teani: didn't @Ilyon do some weird train to try and see how you voted or vice versa?

• Mm, I'm one of the least likely candidates for conclave. If you look at the 'big shootout' night round, they blocked Toz, who was in the other conclave, and thus gained a night kill targeted against Toz. In the round before, they blocked me. Obviously they were trying the same thing, but as they didn't get to kill me, it proves that I am not a member of the loyalist conclave. It also proves that I am not in the rebel one, as blocking another member would be very risky and gain little.

In the other hand, I've long been suspicious of Teani, as per my earlier posts, and her willingness to follow the opinion of a confirmed conclave member isn't helping. So.

VOTE: Teani

I wasn't following your lead, Ilyon. The one time you voted just to see how I would vote, I had already claimed my reasons for voting on Meskhenet the previous round and simply went back to that vote. That my posts happened to be after yours is pure coincidence. Llok also voted straight after you, with no reason attached to his post. At least I gave mine.

I see Aarbrok voted for you twice, so perhaps you're not in his Conclave. You were one to show up on the list of people Periluna (confirmed rellyw) wanted more information on, a list I was not on, and you were pointed out as one still being suspect by her before she was killed.

I also have a question to @Demarcus: Do you have any suggestions on why we were swapped by Art?

well this game has slowed down......like REALLY SLOW now!!
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Teani said:
    I wasn't following your lead, Ilyon. The one time you voted just to see how I would vote, I had already claimed my reasons for voting on Meskhenet the previous round and simply went back to that vote. That my posts happened to be after yours is pure coincidence. Llok also voted straight after you, with no reason attached to his post. At least I gave mine.

I see Aarbrok voted for you twice, so perhaps you're not in his Conclave. You were one to show up on the list of people Periluna (confirmed rellyw) wanted more information on, a list I was not on, and you were pointed out as one still being suspect by her before she was killed.

I also have a question to @Demarcus: Do you have any suggestions on why we were swapped by Art?

I honestly couldn't tell you. Based on my notes, it doesn't look like they had a lot of rhyme or reason behind swaps. They swapped Toz with Piper, Me with Llok, Toz with Llok, You and I. I might be missign one. Toz we know was one of theirs, and I would guess the rest were hoping they'd get lucky and get rid of someone they didn't like or confuse people greatly. I'm fairly comfortable saying that I'm not a Loyalist, as swapping Toz twice is risky enough and although it paid of in saving Toz and getting rid of Llok, it doesn't make sense to continue to swap your own people. Once one gets discovered, you've just potentially named everyone else. Likely why we didn't see any swaps with... Aryanne? I can't remember who the other Loyalist was and I'm not about to look back on my slow-as-a-snail work computer.

I think it is safe to assume Piper is not a Loyalist, either, based on the swap with Toz and how Toz ended up going out scouting. Makes no sense to swap amongst yourselves and send someone out.

@Ilyon - Yes, you did get blocked, but Periluna mentioned that Toz got jailed or something, and you were on her suspicion list. Unless I'm mistaken. I can't remember that information being made public before that point, when I tried to proclaim the improbability of you being Conclave. Wasn't more than a page or two before, I can dig it up if need be. If it's true that Toz was jailed the same night you were blocked, that would actually be very damning evidence you're in a Conclave.

Periluna said:
    Actually... can't really use that.

Toz was jailed and didn't give the opposite Conclave a night kill. Ilyon is still on my suspect list.

Here's the quote, just for reference. apologies for the double post, my work computer really, really sucks.
    with the rate people are responding currently, I am not sure we will get the votes to actually lynch someone for the day round...  :-(

You quiet people need to speak up now....cant be lurking anymore.
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• I don't think that @Aldric is playing Aetolia currently and may not be checking into the forums much. Not sure if the same is for @piper, but my understanding is she's taking a bit of a break too. 

Of these we haven't heard from Haern, Aldric, and Piper for a long time. Meskhenet and Vharen spoke up before Aarbrok was killed. That means we have 8 players who are hopefully in enough to place a vote.

Of those remaining, we have 6 power roles (3 rellyw, 1 loyalist, 2 rebels) and 5 ordinary rellyw. With only two scum knowing one another, not all three, we should be at an advantage, but since we have no one to rely on for certain information, we're at a standstill. Do our power roles trust -anyone-?

Current votes:
    Xenia 2 (Macavity, Xenia)
    Ilyon 1 (Teani)
    Teani 1 (Ilyon)

• If I had to take a guess, the remaining baddies would be Ilyon, Aldric, Piper, and Xenia. But, we're back to guessing and trying to wring through things after a couple rounds of definitive answers, and I'm a little gunshy on my gut after I let Mina talk me out of voting for her.

So, forcing myself to vote, so I stop procrastinating on it.

Vote: Ilyon

He downplayed the value of being 'proven' innocent. The Rebels know we can see what they do. Randomly shooting out blocks might be a way to investigate and get kills, but it also provides a controlled opportunity to provide evidence that you are "innocent." He's been participating but not overly talkative all game, mostly with bandwagon votes. Aarbrok knew he was going down, and it seems like a blah ruse to give doubts about voting for you. It's especially scary since Haern has been posited as a potential new leader for not generating a kill when jailed, but the Rebels did not control that event. His play seems careful and calculating, and I think it's scummy.

Xenia's behavior is suspicious, but I could more easily see it as her being someone in an uninformed position trying to do their best and getting frustrated. The self-vote and her actions do come across suspicious, but eh. Ilyon strikes me as more shady. And he doesn't have boobs, and I have a weakness for those. More importantly, Xenia could also be a Loyalist, while I'm leaning towards Ilyon as a likely Rebel. Getting rid of the night kill would be pretty awesome.

in the interest of getting a lynch today...

UNVOTE: Xenia

VOTE: Ilyon
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• Vharen said:
    Getting rid of the night kill would be pretty awesome.
    Mm, then I'm afraid I've got some bad news for you.

@Ilyon: You mean you're the last Loyalist?

Also, @Vharen. I'm with you on Xenia and Piper.

•  Haern said he was doing the year 400 events so that makes sense why he's been silent.  I voted myself because this game is taking forever and it's frustrating to have so many silent folks as well as try and get things moving only to be constantly questioned. I don't think I'm cut out for forum style Mafia, it's a different mind set, I'm used to playing in more of am real time, faster paced game (it lasts, at most, an hour).  

Anyway, in the interest of moving the game along. 
    Unvote: Xenia

• Vote: Ilyon.

Why? Because you stink like the scum you are.
  • I will also, because Vharen made a good case,

VOTE: Ilyon

• Well, that's 6. 'Rellyw' will be the resolution, I'm afraid. Whether Vharen or Teani is the real scum here, though, I have no idea. You'll have to find out for yourselves!

And suddenly Haern steps in and to throw a vote as well. Glad you could join us there, busy bee.

There we go, should cap off the day I think. Sorry for the delayed vote, had to dwell on the vidence a bit more. Ilyon seems like the most solid case right now, but none are very solid. I don't think I can make a stronger case for anyone else to change any votes anyways. Also, this whole post is apparently going to be green. My work computer is color blind.

• I have been quiet because work has been busy as heck this week and I come home and crash. Totally not intentional. I have been reading and trying to keep up.

I would have voted tonight, but seems it is no longer necessary.
    @Demarcus: who would you have voted for aside from Ilyon then? If you'd wanted to try to sway votes, I mean.

Teani said:
    @Demarcus: who would you have voted for aside from Ilyon then? If you'd wanted to try to sway votes, I mean.

Thats the thing, there really isn't anyone at this point, especially without any information from the Syssin or the Warden. The best we seem to have is Periluna's post from before she died that seems to implicate Ilyon, or at least prevents him from being cleared. Otherwise, possibly Aldric? Nothing to clear him, and he's not exactly contributing right now one way or another.