The Aetolian Confessionals

Comments

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Haven: Yeah, that's not my reason. I don't generally switch sides at all unless it makes sense for my character. I've just gotten more fun personal RP with people on the other side, so it has little to do with that side being in focus at the moment.

• Toz said:
    I don't really have much urge to log in on any of my characters lately. Which is unusual for me - usually I want to have the game up, even if I'm not doing anything. But, pretty much content just doing other stuff. Though I feel kind of guilty about the people I've ditched. :/
    This is my perpetual problem with IRE now. I still have a desire to play, sort of. But the excitement is gone and I have a hard time convincing myself to log in when I could be doing ten billion other things. I want to get -back- the initial enjoyment so I keep trying. 

I have fantastic character ideas, but when it comes to execution I'm terribly lazy. :( 
    imageimage
    HavenBrae
  • Ingram said:
    Me too! That and Crusader Kings is why I log on for five minutes a day before going to bring power and glory to the Ottoman Empire.

Or Ireland, in CK.
    Until tuberculosis killed my freshly inaugurated heir and everything went to hell because the last dynasty member was a woman past childbirthing age in a regular marriage with the king of Scotland.
    @Ingram, apparently @Argolis plays CK too. We should get a multiplayer game going some time.

P.S. now every time I shitstomp the Ottomans I'm imagining Ingram controlling them.

<3
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    I stopped playing when you couldn't boat bomb and non-noble fiefs were limited. I'm just that awful a player that I need those crutches to succeed.

• Cannan said:
    Ingram said:
    Me too! That and Crusader Kings is why I log on for five minutes a day before going to bring power and glory to the Ottoman Empire.

Or Ireland, in CK.
    Until tuberculosis killed my freshly inaugurated heir and everything went to hell because the last dynasty member was a woman past childbirthing age in a regular marriage with the king of Scotland.
    @Ingram, apparently @Argolis plays CK too. We should get a multiplayer game going some time.

P.S. now every time I shitstomp the Ottomans I'm imagining Ingram controlling them.

<3
    @Cannan
    Sir, it is because Ingram -isn't- controlling them that you shitstomp them.
  • What is CK?
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    edited February 2014
    Crusader Kings 2. 

You basically are a ruler in a dynasty that manages anything from a county to a kingdom to an empire. Lots of diplomacy, intrigue, expansion, plots, preserving heirs, crushing revolts, religion, so on. Can play everything from merchant provinces to pagan/Nordic/Viking whatnots to Muslim to Jewish to England etc.. Complicated and involved, but once you learn the ropes, immensely fun.
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    Despite Alistaire's tendency to call Daingean a 'ginger midget' and my own adoption of the moniker, Daingean does not have, and has never had, orange/red hair.

His hair is auburn.

This fact has been successfully portrayed in only a single one of the artist's commissions I have had made of Daingean.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Sometimes I write posts (long or short) in various threads and let them sit in my drafts for a while before deleting them. I usually have no intention of ever posting them but it feels good to just get it out of my system and organize my thoughts some.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    OmeiBraeDraimanKatszia
  • I'm an avid emote target-sort of person. I always target, I do have slip ups but @arbre made me paranoid with it when I first met her.

I sometimes like to spy on people, especially well known RPers, just to see if they target emotes when they think no one is looking. ;)

I spy for two reasons usually: bored and cause I am curious to find out something I know wouldn't get told to Elly if asked. Last couple of times, I've had other Syssin come and have gotten RP out of it.
    imageimage
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    @Elwyn wait, what did I do?
  • @Elwyn
    Which was fuuun.

I'll don't target if I'm alone. I just don't care, hitting the shift key and all the her_his_him_yours_they_thee_thy is too much effort for a reasonable chance I can get away with it. 

I spy and phase during events I'm not directly involved in because I hate the idea of interrupting flow or dynamic or whatever. Incidentally, two recent events I did that in I got sigil'd and participated. Both times it turned out fun. I just don't want to show up to someone else's party uninvited.
    Trager
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I almost never target emotes when I think I'm alone.
    AryanneKatszia
  • Arbre said:
    @Elwyn wait, what did I do?
    You know what you did. It's the same reason I'm paranoid as hell about targeting my own emotes.

• I'm terrible about targeting my emotes. I either forget to do it when I should, or decide it's too much work when I'm reasonably sure I'm alone.

These days, though, I feel watched all the time, and I'm slowly getting better about it as a result.
    Piper
  • I just emote as little as possible. Problem solved.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• In a conversation pertaining to roleplay etiquette and function, you're still losing with that.
  • Another confession: when rpin one on one I like sylizing my emotes in story fashion with names, his/hers ect because I like reading it that way.
    imageimage
    XavinHavenEmelle
  • If I am rping on my phone, I don't target. It just takes too long. Sorry, invisipeeps.

I usually do otherwise, though. Unless I'm reeeeeall tired. Because, I mean. Sometimes my emotes have a dozen fucking $_hers_his_its_whatsitdos.
    Periluna
  • You guys are so silly. There's only one token that uses two underscores ($name_his_yours), and you almost never have to use it!

i am rapture coder
    Arbre
    I feel like I'm the only one who actually ever uses that most of the time, @Omei.
  • Because of the period when it was never working right, I got in the habit of phrasing things "$name_her own"
    "Glaring at Arbre, Aryanne raises her palm to slap your/her own away"
    so that is what I always do cause I'm still paranoid it's gonna screw up and make my emote unpretty.

EzalorHaven
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited February 2014
    It's not just the underscores. You have to spell out the person's name, as well, which is 99% of the time longer to spell than you and your. Also, stuff isn't 100% perfect if you use targetted stuff, since verbs don't modify based on 1st and 3rd person and I'd rather give someone a well-written emote instead of writing something convoluted or send them something that looks like "you is".
    EmelleKatszia
    Targetting is a habit for me, however if it's just two of us, I'll do like "$moirean are" or whatever.
  • I target items etc. while playing with myself, even.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

You think a lot of yourself, don't you.
    SaritaSlypheTrager
  • Because of my shrunken head, I always know if someone is targetting their emotes at me. If they're not, I often don't bother to either, but if they are, somehow it seems more likely that someone could maybe be spying, and then I will. I figure people are more likely to spy on OTHER people, not on me :P

Just out of habit, I'll often target the first time someone is mentioned in an emote, or even the first couple before realizing I don't need to, and then not bother any time after that, so it's like "emote (glaring at $arbre,) raises her palm to slap your own away." I'll also stick with the "never using yours" habit, even when I don't need to. As to maintain the illusion that I've been targeting the entire time.

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I almost always target my emotes. Not because I think I'm being watched, but because there's a system for it so why not use it? I also like using the give-mote cause it looks better rather than a separate emote and give (and I don't have a class where I can -palm- it to others).

Arbre
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    I target unless I'm in my haven/office/super lazy but I'm getting better about it. I've got this habit of outright ignoring targetting and prefer to do things like 'the Idreth', 'the paladin woman', 'the louder man'..
    Brae