The Aetolian Confessionals

Comments

• I almost never PK winning fights..
    ArekaMoireanAryanneIshinCannan
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    I feel mechanics should inform RP, or else we might as well just play a MUSH.

NeithanIshinCiarelleErzsebet
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Eh, I usually have justification for things going different than PK would. Eg, earlier Lin got all scary at Ariadne - Ariadne has a traumatic history with vampires, so her reflexes and training kicked in enough to keep Lin from just going slurp slurp, but she is nervous and freaked out at the conscious level so she was happy to retreat and escape.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I hold a record of successfully losing all my RPK fights....

Most recently being pummeled by @Akaryuterra, prior to that choked out by @Teani
    Faerah
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    That was some awesome RP, @Aarbrok. Oh, the fury. I could perhaps have pushed through for a victory in my last fight with @Ingram, but I thought I'd be gracious and give the victory away instead. It was fun either way.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I almost RPK's @Aarbrok once, but he decided to be friendly insteadl.
    Aarbrok
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    In my defense @Aishia you jabbed me in the chest with a stick, and I knew the little chubby harpy meant srs business.  <3 Aish, I miss you dropping fruit on me, come visit me in the cold north.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Arbre and @Roux have an incredibly complex background that resulted in them being blood bound to one another to hear each others' thoughts and feel emotions and stuff.  This wasn't ever intentional - I got her playing when we almost lived together, and we'd sit on the couch together with our laptops.  Someone else would emote, we'd talk about their emote and then end up saying or doing about the same thing - not intentionally, but just because we'd spoken about it right before.  It started unnerving people, and so we were like uhhhhh YEAH, HERE'S A REASON FOR THAT.  Ever since then we've been impulsively adding things to our history as we RP and just msging the other so they're aware of what happened to them as a child.

Also, Qualnia, their mother, purged, so we decided we could do whatever we wanted with her.  I'm pretty confident the original character wasn't as horrible as she is now!
    AryanneSlypheCarivahAlexinaHavenPeriluna
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    edited March 2014
    In moments of desperation, I'll blast people who seem to match the length of my emotes with a colossal one so I can skip outside to have a cigarette while they respond.

Edit: At that, I miss some things sometimes because I forget to phase in the middle of nowhere whilst going out to have one, and I feel like a giant ass when that happens.
  • I think we'd break the mud, @Ingram. If someone gives me a 5 line emote, if I don't send a 4 line emote or more back, I get mad. Competitive RP I guess :<

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

AryanneKatszia
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    :(
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    o Been sorely tempted to jump ship over to the Darkie side because I've heard from multiple people now that most people there are more friendly and chill, and almost every time I've fought someone from there, I've gotten a lot of PK advice and help. The only reason why I haven't switched sides is because I enjoy playing as Templar class a lot and it's the only class I can fight in, and switching sides would mean losing it.

o I work in a leathercraft store. As a direct result of my job, I've been designing a lot of crafting stuff with leather in it, or based on things I've seen around the store, or project ideas that have popped into my head.

o I went through my list of current cooking designs and realized that everything I've designed are things that I've actually eaten or know how to make myself IRL. I even look up the recipes for the actual ingredients used.

o In between work and going to the gym four times a week, my attention wanders a lot, and I'm usually away from my computer doing other stuff. If I take a while to respond or don't respond at all, I'm probably somewhere else in my house either getting food, or distracted by my siblings.
  • edited March 2014
    I don't like being in the spotlight much at all irl. When I am a leader it's because I feel some overwhelming responsibility to be. To prove my point: I threw up after all of my big speeches at advocacy events. So much so, that it became a running gag (har har) and whoever was running the event, would reserve a stall in the bathroom. lol It doesn't get easier as I do it. I have a competitive nature and if I'm competing, I can forget my anxiety, which is why debating in front of a crowd is different.

I'm pretty sure that's why I avoided some leadership positions in the past in Aetolia and still do in real life. I've also accepted positions or ran for positions I really didn't care about getting, I'd just run because I knew I was capable of doing the work and there was literally no one else running or applying for the position. I've done this with MoC in Enorian at least twice, Herald once, and Sec in the old Paladins guild twice.

I've been asked to be guild sec before in the old Paladins and turned them down, I was pressured to pick up more of a position in Spines but never did that I can remember or at least dreaded it pretty much the entire time, I've been nominated to, at the end of fall semester, run as the President of the Gay, Straight Alliance group at my University and said no. I would much rather be an adviser to the leader, than an actual leader. The most interesting part: I'm likely going to be leading a non profit or going to law school and be owning my own practice so lol

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I have to admit that in general, I am very very much against hurting 'babies' even hypothetical ones in a game. Ishin -is- a bit of a monster, but to tell you the truth, I'm generally not approving of that kinda stuff. There was a recent AvP movie(Aliens vs Predator, for you heathens who don't know), where the alien queen busts up in a maternity ward and does work. I almost turned the movie off right then and there, and for the whole rest of the movie I was very turned off, despite the rest of the movie being more or less okay. The fight at the end was pretty cool, too.

Honestly, had I actually known she had a bun in the oven, I very sincerely doubt that that situation would have gone down the way it did. Amazing how one little detail has the possibility to change how something happens so thoroughly.

I also, despite my seeming ability to do so, actually DO NOT like leading guilds or organizations. I feel like I perform so much better as like..'that guy who pks for Severn' or 'The guy who will f you up if you mess with Spireans' or whatever other RPK position I can find. If any of you have characters who haven't, and -especially- if YOU have never been in a leadership spot, -want- one...then you should stop and think about what kind of things you do in your House/Guild/Whatever, think about what your leaders have to deal with because of that, multiply it times five or ten, then again by however many people are in you organization. If you don't think you can handle that...you might not make a good leader.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    LinValenaeMinaraelPiperKatszia
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Being a good org leader is probably the hardest thing in the game. It's almost always going to be a huge load of work, and much of it will be thankless.

My related confession: IC, it's pretty common for people to blame Lin for the Syssin's decline (which I hear it's pulling out of). She doesn't give a damn but my god does it bug me IRL.
    MinaraelDaskalosPiper
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited March 2014
    I am constantly wondering what would happen if Anfini and Piper had a child and what would come from it. Then I realize both parents would be negligent, Piper would try to feed the baby beer, Anfini would dress it up in frills and ruffles while telling the child to 'be a man', and they'd both leave pointy objects, explosions, and other destructive things in their house which, btw, is always unlocked so the denizen of the Crag always wander through. The kid would probably end up lost in the Tundra at least once a year.

I don't think the kid would survive and, if it did...makes me want to see who'd want to roleplay that mess.

Then again, Orisae did the child RP and I didn't really care for it.

Edit to add: I have never, ever been really happy with Orisae being on the lightside. She was always happily gray until I got all oocly antsy about stuff going on IG and, rather than roleplaying it out, I ducked out and took Ori with me. Ever since then, Ori has felt kinda... dead ...to me. Like she lost her personality and even to the point where the character doesn't really believe in anything she's talking about. I know that's outing it but she feels like a walking, talking hypocrasy to me. The only thing I can think of doing to fix her would be taking her back to her roots but I worry about tick a lot of people off and I don't feel like the emotional uproar that may never actually happen. Basically, I'm psyching myself out.
    LinKatszia
    *waves hand in front of @Piper* Spinesreach is the droid you are looking for.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    FaerahAngwe
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    @Piper said:
    I am constantly wondering what would happen if Anfini and Piper had a child and what would come from it. Then I realize both parents would be negligent, Piper would try to feed the baby beer, Anfini would dress it up in frills and ruffles while telling the child to 'be a man', and they'd both leave pointy objects, explosions, and other destructive things in their house which, btw, is always unlocked so the denizen of the Crag always wander through. The kid would probably end up lost in the Tundra at least once a year.

I don't think the kid would survive and, if it did...makes me want to see who'd want to roleplay that mess.

Then again, Orisae did the child RP and I didn't really care for it.

Edit to add: I have never, ever been really happy with Orisae being on the lightside. She was always happily gray until I got all oocly antsy about stuff going on IG and, rather than roleplaying it out, I ducked out and took Ori with me. Ever since then, Ori has felt kinda... dead ...to me. Like she lost her personality and even to the point where the character doesn't really believe in anything she's talking about. I know that's outing it but she feels like a walking, talking hypocrasy to me. The only thing I can think of doing to fix her would be taking her back to her roots but I worry about tick a lot of people off and I don't feel like the emotional uproar that may never actually happen. Basically, I'm psyching myself out.
    I miss Orisae. I feel like our dynamic was very fun! So much misunderstanding and inexplicable feelings and hostility which somehow managed to seem more affectionate than mean. But of course there is that underlying RP I always wanted to see played out.. Harp harp harp.
    Piper
  • I vote to bring her back, and I second Ishin's thoughts.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    edited March 2014
    So, I've never thought I'm a particularly good guildmaster, to the point that I generally flee the position. On the flip side, I've always thought I'm a pretty good cityleader. It has been a surprise to me to see how well the Luminaries are growing and the general, positive energy that's come with it. So many have joined, from novices to transfers to old players coming back and it's really awesome to see.

I also hate my RP. It's not that I can't do it, but you'll notice when I'm feeling outclassed I 'smile' and 'grin' a lot and any sort of verbosity goes out the window. As I try to be more verbose, you'll notice me subconsciously adding words you just used in your emote in mine. You said 'intensely' I'll add intsense.

Despite these things, I recognize these faults and have been making a conscious effort (there I go again, subconscious last paragraph, conscious this one) to weed out these doppleganger emotes. 

On another note, I have for a long time portrayed Daskalos as publicly confident and privately very shaky and unsure of himself. I have been trying to transition Daskalos from his boisterous public persona\private insecurities into a 'calmly confident' character. While I, as a player, still have a problem with people who act like a superhero while being unable to back it up mechanically (notice, Daskalos doesn't mouth off overmuch to a few people, namely those who have whipped his ass) I try not to let him be so easily goaded.

Lastly, years ago it would have bothered me finding out that @Zsadist has 'Daskalos' subbed in his system as 'd***rot' because I would have felt it as an OOC jab at me, considering the sub is done OOC'ly, however, now I just find it funny because when I kill him, by his own code, he is slain by d***rot. And I'm sorry, that's kind of funny.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

IshinSlypheHadoryuPeriluna
    It seems dwindling blood reserves isn't the only thing that vampire-types have to worry about, @Daskalos, lol.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Xavin
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I actually like seeing characters with glaring flaws. RP can quickly get boring over time when everyone is just "so cool".
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    AryanneAishiaKatszia
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited March 2014
    Did anyone else notice this is discussion 666?

Also! I've always tended to have Aishia find ugly or strange looking people more attractive than SO HANDSOME/pretty.
    Arbre
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    edited March 2014
    I don't regret my decision to move Sol back to the other side. Actually, I'm completely happy with it as it just makes sense. I just got so used to having tons of stuff to do for several months that now I feel like I'm just twiddling my thumbs. It's my own doing, and for the best with the pregnancy and stuff. I can't really blame anyone for it. So, I basically just find a spot to afk out in the public and go do other things, which I didn't really used to do before.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Usually when Aishia says something cryptic/random it's from Kung Fu.
  • David Carradine... Why did you have to leave us?
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    :( I have all three seasons on dvd!
  • Faerah keeps to herself a lot. Sometimes I worry that because she does people do not take her seriously or think that I don't RP.  She's just not a social butterfly and does not like to be the center of attention. She'd rather be hiding in files doing her work and let the extroverts do their extrovert-y things. 
  • Faerah said:
    Faerah keeps to herself a lot. Sometimes I worry that because she does people do not take her seriously or think that I don't RP.  She's just not a social butterfly and does not like to be the center of attention. She'd rather be hiding in files doing her work and let the extroverts do their extrovert-y things. 
    This is Minarael's character as well. She's very content to sit in her home and work on a project or fiddle with crafting stuff. It's been harder to establish her as a character within the world as a result. Which I think is why I play a myriad of lowbie alts most of the time. Nearly every alt I have -is- social and I get a lot more interaction with them. But Mina has all my shiny stuff. :(
    imageimage
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I miss vampire RP like crazy.  No, alting doesn't help.
    XavinSolariaAryanneAarbrok