The Aetolian Confessionals

Comments

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I always target out of habit. Honestly, it isn't too difficult to find context clues to figure out the intended target. >_> Spying or no, I think it'd be a touch ooc to take untargetted emotes as actions against your character if there is enough context to suggest otherwise.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    A confession:

When I bloodlined Albert, back in the wild days of earlier Aetolia, I told him to just pick some random NPC to be his dad. He...uhh...picked Syvelium. I was kinda like uhh sure, since Moi had some solo RP with welcoming the NPC back when he returned from "travels" and the timeline fit enough... And then, years later, he got kinda absorbed into Arion and I realized wow this is an awkward footnote. Let's pretend this didn't happen. I hope Daingean never asks who his grandpa is. >_>
    AarbrokHavenPiperAryanneKatsziaOmeiDaingeanNola
  • CarivahCarivah Tremble, little lionfish
    I always target. I always think, even if no one's spying right now, THIS may be the emote they see as they walk into the room. I couldn't abide breaking immersion for them, and me.

I always like working within the syntax as much as I can anyways, which is why I use prewritten emotes whenever possible. I've even used EMOTE <identical text of some prewritten emote with a one word change, slight reordering, or dialogue addition>, just because I think the familiarity of the words helps the text flow.
  • Eleanor said:
    If I'm alone with Akary, I don't target. If you're spying, you deserve to be assaulted with whatever I'm doing to him.
    I feel violated.

ArbreEmelleVeovisDamonicus
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    @Moirean - Duuude. Daingean would find it hilarious if he knew. Well, as hilarious as he's capable of finding anything.

Re: targetting - I am lazy. I do $name and $name's, and will structure my emotes so that I only need one of those two things. I am also entirely guilty of giving emotes that look terrible 'Daingean entwines his fingers with your' or something similar.

I am of the opinion that everyone is aware of how the emote system works, and will not unduly fault me for such things. Those that take offense from my terrible grammar already dislike me, and it has nothing to do with my emotes. I also do a lot of my rp in says, because I would love to emote, but I often find myself unsure or uncertain of the 'rightness' of it, so I end up axing an emote and just using a say.

--

Daingean's quirk of always declining flowers with the statement 'I am not hungry.' grew from a memory of my own childhood, when my mother explained that women appreciate receiving flowers, but prefer to receive chocolates.

Slightly related to the above, it's extremely easy to tell if Daingean actually likes you on a personal level - if he's ever given you food when you weren't starving, he thinks you're friends.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    Haven
  • Ingram said:
    Sometimes I'll follow you when you bash, assessing this living shit out of you in the slim hopes I can SAVE YOUR LIFE at that critical moment where your health hits the triple digits by abducting you.

This has yet to happen, but one day, I'm going to make someone's hour.
    I may or may not do this sometimes too!

..Actually I did that a long long time ago to a nubcake who had been asking questions on Newbie. I was all "Supercrocmode activate! *billowing cape*" Woo I can show this guy how fantastic we are and helpful and and.. and then he sip health, runs off. Never heard from him again. <_>

• MarienaMariena By a lake.
    I work pretty much every other day (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday) So often times if I'm on during the day (EST time), I'm at work. This has caused random delays in responses/reaction time to anything going on around me. 

My solution for delays/missed tells/random pauses? Mariena's head is full of spirit babble because she is the Shaman Guildmaster, and sometimes can't hear the the rest of the world >.>.

PerilunaAryanne
    • I'm embedding so much of Carivah's roleplay in her undeath, and I really can't imagine any circumstances that would change that for her. That said, I feel like I won't be a real Aetolian until I have at least two side-hops under my belt.
    • I'm bisexual myself and so all characters I've ever roleplayed have been too. I created Carivah completely determined to have a heterosexual character for the first time in my life. This was a total failure.
    • I couldn't tell from the help file research I did before joining the game whether Slyphe was a good god or evil god, but I knew I wanted to play a Kelki. I was mildly disappointed He was on the Spirit side.
      • Because of this I play Carivah as being very superstitious that Slyphe is always watching every Kelki and that He will super-zap her if she ever makes Him mad. This is why she ignored the call to help Chakrasul's order taint His grove and quit the congregation.
        • I want Carivah's armor now that she's a full knight to have a sea-monster motif, and reading the event post afterwards about Chakrasul tainting the grove and summoning sea-monsters filled me with such regret.
    • Going back to the beginning of the thread, I don't really specify Carivah's height in her description. I don't know why, since I know it exactly, and I base a lot of my RP off of how she moves compared to people that are taller or shorter than her. (It's 6'8")
      • Except @Satomi. I always think @Satomi is taller than Carivah even though she's not.
    AryanneLin
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Carivah said:
    • I'm bisexual myself and so all characters I've ever roleplayed have been too. I created Carivah completely determined to have a heterosexual character for the first time in my life. This was a total failure.
    Lawl. Welcome to Aetolia.
    AryanneBraeMarienaIngramKatszia
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul

Lin said:
    Carivah said:
    Lawl. Welcome to Aetolia.
    Over the last two years or so, the ratio of people hitting on me has been overwhelmingly female for some reason. I am not even sure why, as when I first started playing, it never happened at all.

My own confession is tangentially related, I suppose: Alexina has been secretly dreaming about starting a family of her own ever since the days she was a Sentaari (this was back when Hadoryu and then Lin were leading the guild). The sort of commitment she sees from people with their own spouses/children/parents is a constant source of jealousy.
    AryanneLinCiarelleIshin
  • I hate standing in cities. I feel like it mitigates RP opportunity by a decent margin.

Then again, the Chapel Garden isn't a vast improvement. That place sees less action than Don Knotts, but at least someone from the other side can hunt me down should the inclination strike them.

Lately, I've been mainlining classical playlists on Spotify while playing. Or opera, ballet, Be Our Guest from Beauty and the Beast, whatever. Music changes things up a bit, I like it, because usually I don't listen to it during RP.
    Emelle
    Ingram said:
    I hate standing in cities. I feel like it mitigates RP opportunity by a decent margin.

Then again, the Chapel Garden isn't a vast improvement. That place sees less action than Don Knotts, but at least someone from the other side can hunt me down should the inclination strike them.

Lately, I've been mainlining classical playlists on Spotify while playing. Or opera, ballet, Be Our Guest from Beauty and the Beast, whatever. Music changes things up a bit, I like it, because usually I don't listen to it during RP.
    If you're gonna idle in a city, do it in Delos!
    ArbreBraePerilunaTeaniAryanneKaleigh
  • VeovisVeovis Florida
    Lin said:
    Ingram said:
    I hate standing in cities. I feel like it mitigates RP opportunity by a decent margin.

If you're gonna idle in a city, do it in Delos!
    Djeir is my favorite idle spot.
  • I have noticed I get more random rp if Elwyn stands in Delso!
    imageimage
    TeaniAryanne
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Dat Black Flagon Inn.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    LinSlypheElwynTeaniAryannePerilunaKaleigh
    Anfini is just an excuse to conjure up the cheesiest outmoded dialogue I can possibly get away with.
  • We know, buddy. We know.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

SlypheSetneMoireanHavenIshinVeovisEmelle
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I finally made aliases for individual clans. Five minutes ago. I was totally sitting going eh it's too much work to switch clans and wouldn't answer conversations. Newb. :/
  • Carivah said:
    • Going back to the beginning of the thread, I don't really specify Carivah's height in her description. I don't know why, since I know it exactly, and I base a lot of my RP off of how she moves compared to people that are taller or shorter than her. (It's 6'8")
      • Except @Satomi. I always think @Satomi is taller than Carivah even though she's not.
    Carivah, me too. Satomi always feels taller than me even though she's a solid 6 inches shorter than Xenia. 

Thirding that. Lin is stupidly Amazonian tall but I keep forgetting she's not like five feet. It always shocks me when someone powerful or important goes "So-and-so cranes their head back and glances up at you"
  • edited March 2014
    My confession:

There've been several times I've considered stepping down lately, but somehow each time the urges get to be at their worst I wind up having an awesome RP interaction with somebody that completely refreshes my batteries and reminds me exactly how much I love doing this.

You guys that have been the ones involved in these interactions know who you are, thank you so, so much.

LinHavenSessizlikArenAngweErzsebet
    Don't you dare! We <3 you @Slyphe!
    SlypheSessizlikMoireanJasline
  • VeovisVeovis Florida
    @Slyphe I don't even know you. However, you're not allowed to quit. Do you understand?
    @Slyphe It's hard even to be a normal player during uni, I know from experience. But just remember: if you quit, the undead Kelki win, and you don't want that, do you?
    AryanneLin
  • Veovis said:
    @Slyphe I don't even know you. However, you're not allowed to quit. Do you understand?
    Your fault for not knowing me!

(but okay)
    Carivah said:
    @Slyphe It's hard even to be a normal player during uni, I know from experience. But just remember: if you quit, the undead Kelki win, and you don't want that, do you?
    ...Gasp. No. No, I do not want that.

Carivah
  • @slyphe

I will find you.

I will. Believe that. I am very good at these things. And Rashar can actually PK in real life, so you -won't- escape.

I will tie you to a chair, and put you in a room with only a computer, a giant gerbil water-drip thingie, and a conveyor belt of food.

Nobody will ever see you again, save for all of us Aetolia players. And to us, you will be Slyphe FOREVERRRRRRRRRRR.

Consider wisely, My son.

Slyphe
  • Don't threaten me with a good time, sheesh.

ArbreKatszia
  • At @slyphe - you're not allowed to leave us. We need you. Mass <3.
    imageimage
    SlypheJasline