Short Questions

Comments

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Angroth said:

Are Horkvali normally based on any sort of insect? Ants, beetles, etc.? Or is there a pretty decent range of choices like kelki have?

Pretty decent range.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Per announce post #2130 it mentions

Misc
    ----
    * We've removed the inability for Syssin (and owners of the Illusion
    Staff artifact) to cast illusions while prone and increased the max
    length of these illusions to triple their original length.

Is there a reason this wasn't extended to Hallucinations?

Any way we can get the length of Hallucination increased to at least match illusions?

• SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    That kinda sucks, as I (want to) use illusions in rp and sometimes that requires me to be on my backprone.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    MoireanAarbrok
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Setne said:

That kinda sucks, as I (want to) use illusions in rp and sometimes that requires me to be on my backprone.

TBH, I never bother interacting with furniture or anything. I just use custom poses.
    JensenIshinTeani
  • Haven said:
    Are Horkvali normally based on any sort of insect? Ants, beetles, etc.? Or is there a pretty decent range of choices like kelki have?
    Pretty decent range.
    Horkvali caterpillar go go?
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    Horkvali Centipede....think about it.
  • That would require more than two players, hrm..
    @Razmael, @Oleis - is there going to be a Great Hunt for 4th of July?
    StathanReux
  • Me likey great hunt on my burfday.

Ranks in fertility don't grant more damage to your attacks? Attacks don't have a chance to miss?
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I usually consider Horkvali to be similar to ants, myself. Maybe a wingless bee.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Reux said:

Ranks in fertility don't grant more damage to your attacks?

Snrk.

Also, yeah you want to put more lessons into ferality - helps you not miss/ups your damage. At least AFAIK!

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• LimLim
    edited June 2014
    Toz said:
    Ranks in fertility don't grant more damage to your attacks?
    Snrk. Also, yeah you want to put more lessons into ferality - helps you not miss/ups your damage. At least AFAIK!
    From what I recall, I think it doesnt make a difference, at least between 2/3 trans to trans. Oh, I mean this for PvE.
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    I'm curious how low of a chance the venom rag has in the cryptic chests.
    @Stathan - As low as you can go, bro.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • I have bought hundreds.

I have received 0.

I've also bought hundreds of relics..

And received 0 pieces!

Is this thing really that neat? Everybody always complains they can't get them.
    If you get the venom rag you never have to worry about buying venoms again. Ever.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Stathan
  • On the other hand, venom is cheap - sell 50 credits. 200k Will keep you venomed up for a very long time.

So - great for convenience, but actual worth? Not that much. It's purely convenience only.
  • So is my pigeon but man. That is one overworked bird.
    IshinAarbrokAshmer
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    As sentinel I was constantly going through venoms or would run out. It was frustrating, and if I wasn't on top of it, it'd fuck up pk bad
    Angwe
  • Angroth said:

As someone playing an extremely weird-looking Horkval, people are pretty forgiving about how you want to play it. Which I appreciate - I mean, I've seen chameleon Xoran, draconic Xoran, snakelike Xoran, etc. People in Aetolia are generally cool about RPing with you to get a sense of why you're weird-looking, rather than dismissing you based on the description alone.

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited June 2014
    Is the Mournhold quest broken, because I can not figure it out. I had gathered 3 bones so far but can not find the other two. I even interacted with the odd pulsing sac and dead cat >.>

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• Just to check since I've been asking around-

What are the artifact powers that boost the bashing dps of an Indorani's bonedagger?
    So far, I know of dexterity and hunting boon.

Does magic_potence boost the damage?
    Bonedagger does magic damage. However, it is not listed in the magic_potence helpfile description.

Thanks!
  • Elie said:

Angroth said:

As someone playing an extremely weird-looking Horkval, people are pretty forgiving about how you want to play it. Which I appreciate - I mean, I've seen chameleon Xoran, draconic Xoran, snakelike Xoran, etc. People in Aetolia are generally cool about RPing with you to get a sense of why you're weird-looking, rather than dismissing you based on the description alone.

Interesting thing to note: In the Pools we have a more or less "official" standpoint for what the races should look like. I don't speak for all of us, but despite this standard, we rather like seeing the interesting offshoots you guys can come up with.

SO LONG AS YOU'RE NOT A HUMAN GROOK OR A DRAGON.

i am rapture coder
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited June 2014
    I rp a vampiric Koala with eight legs!!!!

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Dude, stop jacking my lycan form, geeeez.
    RiluoIshin
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited June 2014
    Daskalos said:

Ezalor said:

I've always viewed bounties as something you only do if there is a direct offense to the city from within the city - raiding, trying to PK inside the city, and other shenanigans like that.

I'm calling complete crap on this. I got bountied for going to the crack to rescue a teammate who was lusted TO the crack while he had Ylem Aura and got bountied for raiding. I didn't do -anything- to Bloodloch at that point but the bounty stood when I brought it up. And don't give me the 'that's because I play Eza as a superior vampire stuff'. Everyone knew I wasn't raiding, knew why I was there, but the letter of the law said you -could- bounty me so your city did and you upheld it.

The entire system is such a farce I'm really close to starting to bounty everyone that comes past Approaching Enorian. Per the letter of the law, it would be perfectly legal for me to bounty everyone that takes the east exit of clouds or comes to visit the tear.

I agree with most of the people that say the exterminator started it, they don't get to end it when they get tired of it. If you start something, be prepared to back it up or make reparations. I hate this mindset in Aetolia that you can force your RP on other people (through exterminations, PK, whatever) and if the tide gets turned on you then foul is cried. If you're going to play the antagonist, then you should be prepared for the consequences of that action.
    Considering you often chase people (such as those leaving after a lesser is over) to the crack and use your obnoxious exits changing arti to block people from getting into the city you don't deserve any benefit of the doubt when it comes to that. I don't remember what specific incident you're talking about but I'd wager you dropped your arti at the entrance that time too.
    Done it to folks coming back to Spinesreach too, yo. Moirean in particular, I believe it was.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Angroth said:

I don't care what type of super unique snowflake insect that someone describes their horkvali as, I'm going to imagine every single one I interact with either as a prawn from District 9 or just straight up Zoidberg.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

SlypheSampXavinArekaSaritaJensenSolaria
  • Omei said:

Elie said:

Angroth said:

Interesting thing to note: In the Pools we have a more or less "official" standpoint for what the races should look like. I don't speak for all of us, but despite this standard, we rather like seeing the interesting offshoots you guys can come up with.

SO LONG AS YOU'RE NOT A HUMAN GROOK OR A DRAGON.
    And exactly how much does this "official" standpoint have to do with Chris Bourassa's cockeyed "official Iron Realms art" that looks like what would happen if someone explained Kelki to him in three words and he ignored them completely?

• But neither a prawn nor Zoidberg were insects. :\