Short Questions

Comments

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Has anyone bought any credits and obtained any relics and have any information, such as an example of what they may have acquired? Has anyone completed any relics?
  • I have an old alt who is currently an apprentice Bloodborn, but was a fully sired vampire (pre-praenomen) before joining BB. If I quit class, do I get back 90% of hematurgy, maintain corpus/mentis, and become Praenomen? Are there any known issues involving class/apprentice between old vampires/BB? Also, how would the cure affect an apprentice BB in terms of lessons? The character has two trans skills so I don't know why they're still an apprentice- my best guess is that being so old they just got caught in a weird place with the class system.

Thanks!
    I once killed a humgii, y'know.

JSYK she/her pronouns!
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Do me a favor -- copy the LEARNED output for your class skills and put it in a safe place. If you get less than 90% back, I'll refund you the difference in lessons.

I'm going that route because class code is an ungodly mess of interconnected values and I genuinely can't promise you the right hardcoded output.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    OmeiSampSaritaHavenAshmer
  • @Oleis Thank you so much! I'll go ahead and save it right now and then we'll see what happens when I change class :]

JSYK she/her pronouns!
  • Is there a way to tell how long you've spent playing a character, like WoW's /played command?
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• edited June 2014
    Reux said:

Is there a way to tell how long you've spent playing a character, like WoW's /played command?

STAT
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Played : 36 days, 23 hours, and 48 minutes |
    | This Week : 0 days, 14 hours, and 57 minutes |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------------+

JSYK she/her pronouns!
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I use #sub there. >_>

Samp
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    That isn't really accurate in that it only has time logged in. I've been playing Setne(slightly on/off) for more than a year, but have less than a month playtime on him.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • Sooo... how do you become a shapeshifter exactly? The help files don't really explain this.
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Reux: You go to the Packmoot, a place in the Shamtota Hills (west-most part), and seek out one of the four leaders of each shapeshifting race. Greet them and join!

You can figure that out - take your character's birthday (eg 20th of Ios, 175 MA). Add 18. Do DATE with what results.

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    I wish this lasted until the next Delosian Duels. :( I r sad, @Oleis, and down another artifact!

Message #18727 Sent By: (aetolia) Received On: 6/11/2014/17:39
    "The Rapier of the Master Duelist has decayed to dust inside of weaponbelt#192022."

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    If you kept it in a stasis bag, would it have lasted longer?

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    No, it's set to decay hard in 21 days from the time I won it.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• It decays hard with a vengeance.

i am rapture coder
    StathanRiluo
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    I've forgotten if I've asked this question before, but are their forgable/craftable staves in this game?

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    No. :( ALAS. GRUMP.
  • edited June 2014
    Setne said:

That isn't really accurate in that it only has time logged in. I've been playing Setne(slightly on/off) for more than a year, but have less than a month playtime on him.

My apologies! I'll use Samp as an example, here's the math for that:

340 Current age - 18 When characters start = 322 Years since newbie intro|When I started playing

25 Days in an Aetolian month|RL Hours in a Aetolian month * 12 Aetolian Months in an Aetolian year = 300 RL Hours in an IC month

300 RL Hours in an Aetolian month / 24 Hours in an RL day = 12.5 RL days in an Aetolian year

322 Aetolain years I've played Samp * 12.5 RL days in an Aetolian year = 4025 Total RL days elapsed since Samp's creation

4025 Total RL days elapsed since Samp's creation / 365 RL days in an RL year = 11.02 RL years since I started playing Samp

@Setne Is this what you were wanting to figure out?

Edit2Add: Some typos/formatting and also-

[(CurrentAge - 18) * 12.5] / 365 = Years since character creation.
    Multiply by 12 to get months or 52 to get weeks.

JSYK she/her pronouns!
  • This one is worth ignoring far more than the number of hours logged on :*[

JSYK she/her pronouns!
    edited June 2014
    Or just ((Current age - 18 to get IG years playing)*12 RL days in a year for total RL days played)/365 = approximate RL years played character

Edit: Because I'm lazy and it's less steps.
    Samp
  • If you do 12, Orfeo (as an example) has 7.1 RL years since creation. At 12.5 (the actual number) has 7.3 RL years. Only 73 days off.

Samp (as a second example to show the problem with using approximations) has 10.58 RL years at 12, but the actual number is 11.02. That's 142 days off- almost twice as much as Orfeo. The older the character is, the further off you'll get. You also don't have to do that conversion every time if you just remember there are 12.5 RL days to an Aetolian year.

JSYK she/her pronouns!
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Samp said:

Setne said:

My apologies! I'll use Samp as an example, here's the math for that:

340 Current age - 18 When characters start = 322 Years since newbie intro|When I started playing

25 Days in an Aetolian month|RL Hours in a Aetolian month * 12 Aetolian Months in an Aetolian year = 300 RL Hours in an IC month

300 RL Hours in an Aetolian month / 24 Hours in an RL day = 12.5 RL days in an Aetolian year

322 Aetolain years I've played Samp * 12.5 RL days in an Aetolian year = 4025 Total RL days elapsed since Samp's creation

4025 Total RL days elapsed since Samp's creation / 365 RL days in an RL year = 11.02 RL years since I started playing Samp

Setne Is this what you were wanting to figure out?

Edit2Add: Some typos/formatting and also-

[(CurrentAge - 18) * 12.5] / 365 = Years since character creation.
    Multiply by 12 to get months or 52 to get weeks.
    I know roughly exactly how long I've been playing, don't really need the exact date. My memory in regards to it is pretty good, especially if I take the time to examine a few connecting events and when they happened to me.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Moirean said:

You can figure that out - take your character's birthday (eg 20th of Ios, 175 MA). Add 18. Do DATE with what results.

SampBraeRivasTeani
  • Moirean said:

Samp said:

Number of years I haven't known you could convert dates with the DATE command.

JSYK she/her pronouns!
  • To be fair, it was implemented quite a long time after you quit!

i am rapture coder
    Samp
    @moirean - it took me longer than I would like to admit to understand what you were saying. I'm going "wouldn't you have to remove 18 years?" Derp me derp.
    I was going to write a little script to do it to share and then I realized I suck at math.
  • Samp said:

I have an old alt who is currently an apprentice Bloodborn, but was a fully sired vampire (pre-praenomen) before joining BB. If I quit class, do I get back 90% of hematurgy, maintain corpus/mentis, and become Praenomen? Are there any known issues involving class/apprentice between old vampires/BB? Also, how would the cure affect an apprentice BB in terms of lessons? The character has two trans skills so I don't know why they're still an apprentice- my best guess is that being so old they just got caught in a weird place with the class system.

Thanks!

@Oleis tagging you as of MY understanding, IF your gr3 youll get 50% back but if you quit guild or not gr3 you'll gain 90% back. As on nalor when I was monk with templar, I had to quit monk (becuse I as gr3 and it was giving me back 50%) then class quit templar to obtain the 90% back then rejoined Monk... Should get it to gain 90% back unless not a novice..
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • @Nalor Thanks for the input! My concern is that the alt was a vampire before guildranks/multiclassing for them. I didn't get inducted into the BB or anything by Certime and put in lessons in Corpus/Mentis/Sanguis before becoming BB, but not enough to stop being an apprentice by current standards. If I quit guild/class, I don't know what I'd become or how many lessons I'd get back, and if I cured before quitting guild/class I'm not sure where I'd be. Any thoughts?

JSYK she/her pronouns!
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Samp said:

@Nalor Thanks for the input! My concern is that the alt was a vampire before guildranks/multiclassing for them. I didn't get inducted into the BB or anything by Certime and put in lessons in Corpus/Mentis/Sanguis before becoming BB, but not enough to stop being an apprentice by current standards. If I quit guild/class, I don't know what I'd become or how many lessons I'd get back, and if I cured before quitting guild/class I'm not sure where I'd be. Any thoughts?

No big deal. Once you decide how you'd like to be, we'll get you to that point.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Haven