Short Questions

Comments

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    "Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."
  • Haven said:

Creepy list of our attendance.

Now I know what you're up to whenever you turn up for lessers.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Lim said:

Haven said:

Creepy list of our attendance.

Now I know what you're up to whenever you turn up for lessers.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Ishin
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Epic clip, @Haven :D
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Demarcus
  • StrungStrung Halls of Hades
    So they're going to put in some kind of mechanic that splits up teams, or something?
    I am such an aaaalllphaaaaaarrrgh.
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Strung said:

So they're going to put in some kind of mechanic that splits up teams, or something?

Not that I've heard of. I think someone was just asking if they could. I could be wrong.

• edited June 2014
    Are there any current items (specifically jewelry/things that can be enchanted) that don't have decay, or are non-decaying items legacy/grandfathered at this point?

Edit2Add: Potential follow-up question, if someone enchanted a non-decaying item, would it become subject to decay?
    I once killed a humgii, y'know.

JSYK she/her pronouns!
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    You can luster jewelry items to remove the decay time. Journals do not have decay times either. If you enchanted a non-decay item it would not decay, but the enchantment would still fade off.
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Haven's arrangement of people into rarity categories makes me want to go to lessers with a stamp card.

"Oh my god guys, I went to a lesser the other day and I got two semi-actives and an Aarbrok!!"

DamonicusTeaniSetneAarbrokHavenAshmerIshin
  • Areka said:

You can luster jewelry items to remove the decay time. Journals do not have decay times either. If you enchanted a non-decay item it would not decay, but the enchantment would still fade off.

As evidenced by my 12-year-old journal! :P Thanks for your help!

So all enchantments wear off now? I must be living in some kind of Achaea glory days where a non-decaying ring of pestilence with infinite uses was a thing.

JSYK she/her pronouns!
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Enchantments have worn off for as long as I can remember, so at least for 4-7 RL years.
  • Areka said:

Enchantments have worn off for as long as I can remember, so at least for 4-7 RL years.

Oh lord, I've been here too long and not made enough progress! I'm remembering 12-year-old game mechanics

Thanks for your help x2 <3

JSYK she/her pronouns!
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    @Haven's list - sheer numbers aren't really useful for straight comparison. I luff me some Stridor, but he doesn't pull nearly the same weight that an Ezalor or Aishia or etc etc will.
    Haven
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    He's trying to fill out his Aetoliadex. Gotta catch em all.
    Haven
  • Aishia only comes to lessers to pick up dropped herbs.
    StathanAshmerIshinLim
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Moirean said:

@Haven's list - sheer numbers aren't really useful for straight comparison. I luff me some Stridor, but he doesn't pull nearly the same weight that an Ezalor or Aishia or etc etc will.

@Moirean: Well... He might not pull the same weight as some of the more seasoned fighters but, in a team setting, what's that really matter so long as you know your role and add to the team composition/tactic? He'd have people to guide him along and teach him to be an even more valuable asset to the team.

Also, the list doesn't show just only numbers. It also shows the... quality or substance, for a lack of a better term, of the various cities. You see activity. You see levels of experience. You see potential. etc. Besides, numbers play a significant enough role that I wouldn't discount the list as not really useful even if it were just numbers.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    The Mentor credit bonus from their Proteges... their "first 3 purchases", does that:

1) Include the No-Brainer Lesson Package
    and
    2) Include purchases made before becoming the Protege's mentor, obviously without the actual credit benefit (cos that would be OP).

In other words, if I mentor Haven, and Haven has made 1 purchase before becoming my protege and he's also gotten the No-Brainer Lesson Packages (because he's not dumb!), will that have used up his 3 credit purchases and any subsequent purchases as my protege would yield no benefit to me? Or would the next two yield the Mentor/Protege benefit?
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    People still mentor?
    Jensen said:

People still mentor?

Apparently not. I just read help scrolls and then overanalyze evvvverything. This particular situation has me befuddled.

• Not a fan of mentoring, personally. There are plenty of helpful people in each guild, and I feel like encouraging or trying to force people to get mentors is just a way to get credits.. In my opinion, everyone above you in the gwho list is a mentor.
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Demarcus said:

The Mentor credit bonus from their Proteges... their "first 3 purchases", does that:

and
    2) Include purchases made before becoming the Protege's mentor, obviously without the actual credit benefit (cos that would be OP).

In other words, if I mentor Haven, and Haven has made 1 purchase before becoming my protege and he's also gotten the No-Brainer Lesson Packages (because he's not dumb!), will that have used up his 3 credit purchases and any subsequent purchases as my protege would yield no benefit to me? Or would the next two yield the Mentor/Protege benefit?

1) Nope. Sorry :( Just credits

2) Unfortunately, yes. Purchases they make, including purchases like the lesson packages, count against that maximum 3, no matter their protege status. With the wonderful addition of the No-Brainer packages, I'm going to discuss a way to make them NOT count toward the mentor bonus maximum. The current state really punishes mentors for the smart financial decisions of the proteges. Because that involves interplay between IRE's shared code that I can't change and Aetolia's code, it may not be the easiest thing. I'll keep you posted.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Oleis said:

Demarcus said:

and

1) Nope. Sorry :( Just credits

2) Unfortunately, yes. Purchases they make, including purchases like the lesson packages, count against that maximum 3, no matter their protege status. With the wonderful addition of the No-Brainer packages, I'm going to discuss a way to make them NOT count toward the mentor bonus maximum. The current state really punishes mentors for the smart financial decisions of the proteges. Because that involves interplay between IRE's shared code that I can't change and Aetolia's code, it may not be the easiest thing. I'll keep you posted.
    Great, I appreciate it! It was more for curiosity sake, but I absolutely agree with you that the lesson packages shouldn't count. I both like and hate the credit bonuses for mentors, because on one hand I like having small, meaningful incentives for mentors. On the other hand, I hate abuse/exploits. Double edged sword.

Thanks for the quick response, @Oleis !!!
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Why even keep the 3 purchase max? Newbs tend to buy a little at first and then more over time, so you don't benefit from actively keeping them engaged in the game. Seasoned players just make alts for mentor bonuses. The 3 purchases seems to only really punish the people doing actual, serious mentoring.
    Ishin
  • So, People keep saying "If you offer to a God, he or she is most likely to bless you."

Am I missing something on how to offer... or, as I asked before are the Undead side gods, Just not playing? or paying attention... lol
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    All on HELP GODS have players and all but one log in more than twice a week.
    [---]
  • Oleis said:

All on HELP GODS have players and all but one log in more than twice a week.

Thanks! Guess Im doing something wrong lol..
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Stathan
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Nalor: (think this has been said a million times) Blessings are something special, a treat, not something you should -expect-.

HavenOmei
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    edited June 2014
    Haven said:

Duiran (15)

|Rare: Angwe, Ariadne, Kiyotan, Koari, Maximas, Wylliam, Xavin

D:
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    Kiyotan said:

Haven said:

Duiran (15)

|Rare: Angwe, Ariadne, Kiyotan, Koari, Maximas, Wylliam, Xavin

D:
    How can you murder if you never stop moving?

[---]
    KiyotanHavenMoireanSlyphe
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    It's called a drive-by, son.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    DemarcusTozMoirean