Short Questions

Comments

• Does aetolia have clocks? YES YES I know time works but its kind of not IC so wondering if it had anything ic to resemble clock/telling what time of day it is?

Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • There were brass pocketwatches sold in Delve during the year 400 event. Mine recently decayed :(

Delve has lots of clockwork stuff.
    Rawr
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Yes @Nalor. Kelsys used to be one big clock, or close.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Keep in mind, though, that clockwork and the steam clock are pretty much higher technology than we can duplicate in game at the moment. When Kelsys went away crafters were told, point blank, no more clockwork items via mortal crafting.

• I just found out that a person that I've never met, spoken to, or otherwise interacted with ignored me, and it's the second time it has happened too. Has anyone else noticed something similar, or do people just not want to talk to me for some reason?
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Seems rather random! Are you certain the person telling you isn't just pulling your leg?

• Oh, never mind. I think I figured out why.
  • CarivahCarivah Tremble, little lionfish
    Speaking of clocks:

If a "month" is a day and a "day" is an hour, how long are minutes? Every time I say "see you next month" instead of tomorrow but then later say "I'll be there in five minutes", my brain itches.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Minutes are minutes. It is a bit of discontinuity but there is only so far we can take the time adjustments before it becomes really silly and even more difficult to keep track of, between 25 days in a month and the various time zones we branch across.

I've seen a lot of people try to avoid using minutes and insteady say, 'see you in a quarter of a day' for 15 min, etc. 
    Piper
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    I'll see you this evening, yeah?

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I consider months, months and days, days and so on and so forth. Whenever I RP with someone, I interpret it as an episode within that month or whatever.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    What you guys paying for Vox Iterators? Also what type is there, as I have knockback, hissing and Aerodynamic thus far.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    I've been paying 15cr per

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Riluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Thanks for the quick reply.

I might start looking for the chill/ice whatever it is one. Although, now I have an extra knockoff vox I might off load it towards the fund Riluo's vox collection.

• Is there a list anywhere of the different vox iterators with what it looks like when you use each one?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited May 2014
    @Rivas This is what I have so far.

Vox: knockoff
    --------------------------------------------------
    Msg 1p:
    "Blah blah blah," you tell Riluo.
    Msg 3p:
    "Blah blah blah," Riluo tells you.

Vox: hissing
    Msg 1p:
    Careless in your volume, you roar to Riluo, "Blah blah blah"
    Msg 3p:
    Your mind is filled with a deafening noise, as from afar, Riluo roars to you, "Blah blah
    blah"

Vox: aerodynamic
    Msg 1p:
    Your voice like the wind itself, you tell Riluo, "Blah blah blah"
    Msg 3p:
    Voice lilting on feathery wafts of air, Riluo tells you, "Blah blah blah"

• So...knockoff does nothing?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• Looks like the knockoff swaps the tell and the name:

X tells you, "Blah blah blah"
    "Blah Blah Blah," X tells you

Riluo
  • Since I haven't been able to get an answer in game, I figured I could ask it here.... Are there skills that strip starburst?? I ask, cause Daskalos seemed to be able to strip my starburst and truekill me during a lesser fight.

Daskalos gives a grave nod to his Guardian Angel, whose wings flare suddenly as an alien and frightening look of power sweeps across her face. With one hand, the Angel reaches forward, and as her hand touches your chest, it flares an impossibly bright white, and enters your breast. The Angel's eyes roll back in its head and as your soul is torn screaming from your body, you collapse to the ground in neverending, inhuman pain. A lash of energy whips out towards you, and you feel your soul being culled from your body.

[Tripwire]: Info: -DEF- STARBURST
    You have been slain by Daskalos.

Stricken, you collapse to the ground. Unable to maintain the composure of your physical form any longer, you feel your body shrivel and wither away as you revert to your mistform.
    [1(0%)|5732(100%)|279|100%|100%|85%|15.2%] [HM eb] (-5913h (cutting), +4218m, +2795w)

I know I had Starburst active, but I did not starburst after that kill. Can someone tell me why I didn't starburst?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    A lash of energy whips out towards you, and you feel your soul being culled from your body.

Culling Blade. A couple of us lifers have them. Artifacts.

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited May 2014
    ^
    Yeah some creepy op sexy artefact I want if I get more credits this week.

A Culling Blade (700 cr)
    Artifact power: culling
    - Those who possess a Culling Blade will bypass the starburst defence
    of anybody they kill. Any other instant-revive defences (rebirth,
    soulcage, substitute, etc) will only have a 33% chance of being bypassed.

• Thanks @Serrice and @Riluo. Ya'll are awesome. Looks like my shopping list is getting updated. :)
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Riluo
  • Sorry if I missed something incredibly obvious somewhere, but I've searched forums/announce news/help files for chest, ylem, orb, Parxian, etc. etc. and cannot find anything even mentioned about what these Parxian orbs do/how to use them, or what the defenses are with these globes of elemental energy upon draining them. The only thing I've found is the thing Daskalos (I think) posted about what benefits the amulets give when worn.
  • blue orb adds 5% to some audit, green adds 25% to vigor, red is less damage taken from mobs and a little more added damage you give to them. yellow is a little bit of extra xp.

What city you in? Might be able to point you towrd the right CHELP file? As I know both Enorian and Bloodoch have them @Sion
    Sion
  • Ah, I'm in Bloodloch. Checked CHELP but didn't see anything that immediately jumped out at me.

Oh. Of course, it's the one that I looked at, seemed like it was something entirely different, and it was just one MORE away from the necessary information. Oops! Thank you!
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Globes of elemental energy are something else different from the Parxian orbs. READNEWS ANNOUNCE 2135 for globes.
    Sion
  • DaegonDaegon Canada
    So where abouts is this Eiger Sindele of the Ulangi Branch? I've looked all over Ulangi and where the Cradle is but found nothing.
    'Those that do not attempt are those with the least stories to tell.'
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Daegon: The Cradle is in the Morgun area.

• DaegonDaegon Canada
    I went to the Cradle. Didn't find anything.
    'Those that do not attempt are those with the least stories to tell.'