Short Questions

Comments

• Everything within quotation marks will be colored your default 'says' color. Basically it's common to do something like this:

emote ("I really don't think you need more whiskey,") says with a narrowed peer in $Rashar's direction.

would show (for you):

"I really don't think you need more whiskey," Slyphe says with a narrowed peer in Rashar's direction.

Basically, as long as you close what you'd like to have said off in quotes you're golden! 

Lin
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    There's no such things as too much whiskey
    SetneFerrikSlypheHaven
  • I must be messing up my quotation marks then.
  • Does this game have like a 'Bloodrank' commnd to see who has what bloodrank?
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • HOUSE STATUS <player>, only works on players within the same House and probably requires some rank or privs.

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    The speech parts should be separated by ". For example

emote says, "Ok then," before dancing quit the jig while singing. "Whack for my daddy-o there's, whiskey in the jar-o," finishing with a flourish of his arm and, saying with a smirk, "That, my friends, is how it is done."

Should return correctly. The parts encased in "" should return in your normal says-color, while the rest of the emote should be in your emote color.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    What's the rationale for not letting us transfer artifact auction powers? It seems like that would generate MORE credit use, since it costs credits to transfer powers.
    Because they want to see you run around with your little mini-keg with straps like a pint-sized @Daskalos.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Moirean said:
    What's the rationale for not letting us transfer artifact auction powers? It seems like that would generate MORE credit use, since it costs credits to transfer powers.
    I think there's no rationale other than 'this would require some measure of coding' (because auction artifact properties not having any tradein value etcetera).
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Is there a reason we don't get any Ylem for killing the super Eld? Oversight?

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Alexina said:
    Moirean said:
    I think there's no rationale other than 'this would require some measure of coding' (because auction artifact properties not having any tradein value etcetera).
    Well, the no-tradein is to stop people from buying them with gold just to earn credits, and that totally makes sense. I just want to consolidate more of my powers. Having these random bracers is irking me. >_<
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    You just saw my claws and got jelly that I had it all on one.
    It's more that I've been playing a newb on Imperian and people have been lending me artifacts. Wearing 1 item vs wearing 10...
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    That's why I put as much as I can on my clawz and don't keep a bunch; it just seems insane to have fifty thousand artis.
  • Moirean said:

Ask razmael if he can do the transfer for you manually? :) I usually do that when theres something wonky about adding a power to an existing artifact or transferring from one to another.
    edited April 2014
    Have in the past. Being unable to transfer or upgrade or tradein or even customize are conditions gold auction artis come with. I'm just confused why (not for tradeins, that makes sense), since you're not gonna game the system by transferring powers or customize, you're just going to spend more credits.
    edited April 2014
    Is Grimstim broken? I ate it, reset my crit counter, and my crit rate is noticeably lower than before.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Is the sun going to get turned off for the great hunt?
    Is it possible to get a special exit in a haven? Like...a hidden item in the room that you like push, and it carries you to another haven room(in my haven still)?
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited April 2014

^ I asked Galleus this back in the day as I have a swirling pit of souls in my haven. I wanted to have it that you had to "enter pit" to get into a second part of my haven. He shot it down with the very blunt and informative ... "no."

Although it would be nice to see it set as a haven point thing.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Ishin
  • Guess this is going to be days late! But what are the Prizes for the great hunt... Was meaning to post days ago about this but it slipped my mind til 10 minutes ago
  • 500 for 1st and 50 less for each rank lower

• Usage: RESISTANCE
    Due to your increased bodily control, you are able to reduce the damage from magical attacks.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Or were you looking for...
     - AB CHIVALRY RESISTANCE
     - AB DHURIV RESISTANCE

It says AB DHURIV RESISTANCE but AB DHURIV doesn't show a skill? This a mistake or, someone forget to give DHURIV the skill? @Oleis or @Razmael
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life

There is no help file on that ability.

I'm willing to bet it's an ability left over from the time before the Sentinel revamp.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

MoireanAngwe
    So like, are gauntlets from the ylem-reward vendor super rare? We've turned it over in Spines like 3-5 times and it's flipped back and forth between goggles and glyph. Are we missing something or what?
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I think they all have the same chance of showing up rather than just rotating through the three, but I could be wrong on that.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Ashmer said:

There is no help file on that ability.

I'm willing to bet it's an ability left over from the time before the Sentinel revamp.

This is correct.
  • Ishin said:
    So like, are gauntlets from the ylem-reward vendor super rare? We've turned it over in Spines like 3-5 times and it's flipped back and forth between goggles and glyph. Are we missing something or what?

Sarita said:
    I think they all have the same chance of showing up rather than just rotating through the three, but I could be wrong on that.
      ^ That is also correct.

I think you're just getting the crap-end of the random-number-generator lottery.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• Is it possible to buy an artifact power on a non-artifact item?

Will it then become permanent/reset to you afterward?
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Yes.

LimCiarelle