Short Questions

Comments

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    If someone powerful is talking to you via tells, can they autosee what you say? If not, how are you expected to respond if you don't know who the person talking to you is?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Moirean
  • We see everything.
    SaritaHaven
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    EVERYTHING
    aight cool, just making sure as I wasn't positive.
    havenbanner2
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    They are the Agents of the Matrix.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Benedicto
  • Ishin said:
    They are the Agents of the Matrix.
    We can neither confirm nor deny this statement.
    Ishin
  • How does the 'TopGuild' Member score work?
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Not well.
    JensenCiarelleDamariel
  • Thats so not an answer ... Does anyone know?
  • The scores that TOPGUILDS shows are the result of member activity and novice activity within a given guild. While I'm not privy to the exact code that goes into producing the numbers you see, higher score = more people being active. It isn't a good tool for making any kind of specific assertion about the activity or the quality of a guild or its membership - it just tells you that there are more people doing things in the guilds with higher member and novice scores.
  • Thanks @Damariel .. That takes away all my confusion :P

• If you're speaking a certain racial language, does it appear in that language when you emote speech?

e.g. emote  kicks the door open, screaming in sharp, caustic tones, "HARPY HARPY HARPY AGAIN!" 

Thanks!
    Raeche said:
    If you're speaking a certain racial language, does it appear in that language when you emote speech?

e.g. emote  kicks the door open, screaming in sharp, caustic tones, "HARPY HARPY HARPY AGAIN!" 

Thanks!
    I don't believe so. I recall the community requesting something like this a few years ago but I'm not sure what happened to the idea... I could be wrong but I think says are designated to the default language in emotes.
    havenbanner2
    LinRaeche
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    It doesn't work that way, no.
  • Even if you're plastered drunk and highlight the words in quotes, giving them the same color as how you have says configured, it won't do the normal slurring thing it will if you use SAY
  • Gotcha, thanks guys :)
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    What's the gmcp for items in your room?
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    gmcp.Char.Items.List is the list with gmcp.Char.Items being the main table in regards to items both in your inventory and room, and possible any containers, but I don't know how to get that information

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Hmm. It's still showing the items as here after I kill and get the mob.
    Ah. I have to reset the gmcp - is there a way to do this other than ql?
  • Just QL @Moirean, or you can use the remove part of gmcp.. but thats buggy too but Admin said in another post it works :/
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Try IH Moi.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • edited April 2014
    @Admin any chance we can have a call for guides? I generally rarely see them around (pretty sure Hansel finally got cooked by Haag) and I've been seeing some replies on newbie channel that make the newbie even more confused...

Thanks.
    Isn't this supposed to be gone? Or this exit remaining unlinked forever?

<font size="2" face="Courier New, FixedSys, Lucida Console, Courier New, Courier"><font color="#0">
    </font><font color="#808000">Steep slope in the hills.</font><font color="#FF0000"> (</font><font color="#008000">Dry Plains.</font><font color="#FF0000">)</font><font color="#808080"> (</font><font color="#00FF00">10061</font><font color="#808080">)
    </font><font color="#008080">A smattering of clouds fills the sky, lacing it with spiderwebs of grey.</font><font color="#C0C0C0"> Just south of the highest hill in the small range, this slope drops off towards the rest of the range
     and eventually the withering plains below. A narrow and shallow gully, shaped by the elements, serves as a path. Few plants are rugged enough to grow on this slope, as only a
     few tall weeds replete with thorns are hardy enough to lay down roots in the nearly-solid rock.</font><font color="#008080"> The shining figure of a guardian angel floats in the air here.</font><font color="#808080">  An impassable,
     chaotic tangle of collapsed stone and wooden barricades blocks the path south, topped by the waving banners of the Steelhew regime.
    </font><font color="#800080">You see a single exit leading northwest</font><font color="#C0C0C0">.
    </font></font>
    havenbanner2
  • @Admin not to sound pushy or anything, but could you by chance get the latest events news about the atabahi/bahkatu dissolution and the appearance of the packmoot up soon? It'd clear up -alot- of confusion circulating around for those that have no idea what happened as well as be a directable 'scroll' to point people to.
  • MaghakMaghak The heights of Stormcaller Crag
    Haven said:
    Isn't this supposed to be gone? Or this exit remaining unlinked forever?
    Thank you for reminding me. It has been cleared and relinked.
  • Calipso said:
    @Admin not to sound pushy or anything, but could you by chance get the latest events news about the atabahi/bahkatu dissolution and the appearance of the packmoot up soon? It'd clear up -alot- of confusion circulating around for those that have no idea what happened as well as be a directable 'scroll' to point people to.
    Ty!
  • Do you want to build a snowman?

Infin
  • How does the role play for the news board go? Does everyone carry around some magical scroll that the news is updated on or what?  It's kind of imperative to the role play of my character (oddly enough) to know this one.
  • Also, how do you make an emote with broken talking?  For exampl:

emote says, "Ok then." before dancing quite the jig while singing, "Whack for my daddy-o theres, whiskey in the jar-o." and finishes with a flourish of his arm and says with a smirk, "That, my friends is how it is done." 

That wouldn't come out right, the first speech would be yellow, and the rest a jumble of white and yellow.  I can't seem to figure out how to have the speech parts broken up throughout the emote and keep the colours right to denote speech from action.  (That example is terrible, I know, but the first thing I thought of.)

P.S. I use white for emotes and yellow for says.  Just for clarification.