Short Questions

Comments

• Azudim Lady of the 20th Circle (120) | 23.97% (2203002/9193663)
    Hunting 96% ########################- Mythical

When does the Hunting skill trans? I thought it was 120.
    https://twitter.com/TastyArts
    Probably listening to this.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I want to say it's 130.
  • It's somewhere between 120-125. I want to say, 123.
    Ensis
  • @Iazamat - @Tiur

IDEA:

Charity Figurines - For a collection, since those were very popular, have a set dedicated to Charity, where we can provide proceeds to a charity of the Community's choice.
    There are a ton of amazing charities out there, and its an opportunity to give back especially in uncertain times to communities in need.

an obsidian human figurine with a fist raised

-or something along that vein of idea
    IazamatLin
  • Thanks, @Tiur! I understand the position you're in, and I hope the higher-ups at IRE come to a decision that shows solidarity without coming off as tacky and performative!
    LinOonaghIllikaalSibattiArdent
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I should also specify, a lot of the charities involved can be very different. I specifically prefer a local lawyer fund charity. They do lawyers and bail for Covid-19, and then branched out to anyone arrested at a protest in my city.
    IazamatOonaghIllikaalLinArdentAloli
  • That what we have been pooling for at work, for local protestors and legal costs for wrongful arrests.
    All of you are good beans! This community is a good bean salad.
    Iazamat
  • Oonagh said:

@Iazamat - @Tiur

IDEA:

Charity Figurines - For a collection, since those were very popular, have a set dedicated to Charity, where we can provide proceeds to a charity of the Community's choice.
    There are a ton of amazing charities out there, and its an opportunity to give back especially in uncertain times to communities in need.

an obsidian human figurine with a fist raised

-or something along that vein of idea

As much as I like the idea of running a charity drive, I would prefer that we not commodify the Black Power symbol.
    I think we can find a much more tactful way to reference the movement with another item should that route be decided.

Thanks.
    He told me I was so small...
    I told him, "Water me."

Affirm Pilar!
    IllikaalLinIazamatZailaOonaghAloliArdentDarim
  • I didn’t even think of that and was just considering protest imagery from some of my local marches. Goodness I apologize on that one.

Yes, definitely could be a better imagery in representing this.

Sorry :(
  • A few quick questions.
    What tether is thought to be weakest?
    What classes in both tethers are played the least?
    How hard is it to get enough credits to function in combat and hunting without getting three jobs?
    I want to be a class that isn’t overly common so I can be more useful, even if that puts me in a support role, I can enjoy playing pretty much any part of a group.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
  • Ensis said:

Azudim Lady of the 20th Circle (120) | 23.97% (2203002/9193663)
    Hunting 96% ########################- Mythical

When does the Hunting skill trans? I thought it was 120.

121. You're a level away from it. It goes up 4% every level at Mythical.
    EscelikaEnsis
  • Narheon said:

A few quick questions.
    How hard is it to get enough credits to function in combat and hunting without getting three jobs?
    I want to be a class that isn’t overly common so I can be more useful, even if that puts me in a support role, I can enjoy playing pretty much any part of a group.

-The relative strength of the tethers fluctuates over time, and even throughout the day. Right now I think it is very fair to say that Shadow is generally stronger especially in peak US time, with Spirit being a bit stronger in the US morning.

-Just my gut feeling but I feel on Shadow archivist and indorani are underrepresented in groups, but more active in the solo scene. On Spirit sentinel deserves a lot more play than it currently sees. I feel shaman and luminary are also underrepresented especially given how good they are in groups, though I understand they aren't for everyone.

-Imo skills are important with a couple of artifacts being a must depending on your class. If you just want to contribute in group pk then it's more about getting levels so you don't get killed instantly (though with how big some fights get these days it can still happen to the best of us!). With daily credits in the form of platinum milestones I think you can definitely get by even without ever paying.
    Escelika
  • edited June 2020
    Narheon said:

A few quick questions.

As @Czcibor said, the strength of the tethers fluctuates. They've been more even lately than I've seen in a long time. I would say Shadow has the slight edge, due to having more leaders, and arguably more skilled individual fighters. Not to knock on Spirit's combatants, as some are pretty good, but I think a majority of active Sect fighters are presently Shadow aside from Azami, Iadra, and Jeromy. Czcibor is pretty spot on with peak times. Shadow generally finds itself outnumbered, but not to a massive degree. I think Spirit generally has the numbers advantage, but it's generally not too significant.

Archivist has a lot more representation now than it did, mostly with Ahlysaaria showcasing what the class can do and has always been capable of doing. As a Shadow fighter, I can easily say that we need more Indorani and Indorani do incredibly well at a support role while being a solid 1v1 class. I'll never say no to more Teradrim either. For Spirit, Sentinel is more good in 1v1 but aside from traps, kind of twiddle their thumbs and just do straight raw affs and damage. There are more useful Spirit classes to bring -- like Luminary and Shaman. Luminary is Spirit's best support class, while being a pretty good duelist class.

With milestone credits, it's fairly straight forward to get up and running. As I've told other Shadow folks, especially the smaller ones, I don't need us to win in order to be satisfied. I just want to know that people showed up and tried. That's good enough for me. Apathy is the worst enemy for an organization and/or tether and no one likes to see it set in. So long as someone is ready and willing to learn and participate, we'll help you out. Even just having a web tattoo and using it to hold someone down for us is a great help.

EscelikaBenedicto
  • Thank you both, so it looks like both good and evil priest styles are ones that are needed.
    I will most likely do luminary then, it seems like it could be a lot of fun, and very frustrating to fight if played right.
    SeurimasEscelika
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    This question is for all admin but I'll ping @Tiur - I'm wondering if the team will consider expanding the Roleplay Logs subforum into something like how Sparring Grounds is currently. Roleplay is a pretty big draw for Aetolians, and "Logs" doesn't quite fit some of the potential topics we could raise in there. I'd also argue that there are probably just as many (if not more) hardcore roleplayers than there are hardcore combatants.

I would love it if it were more similar to the combat subforum, where there's a section for guides, a section for logs, and a section for general discussion. Or maybe just one subforum for guides/discussion.
    SeurimasIazamatLinEscelikaKodaNisaviCaynRhine
  • edited June 2020
    Does anyone know what color this would be under the IG color config? I can't even begin to explain why, but I am in love with it. It's so calm and nice and I need more of it.

• TiurTiur Producer
    KodaZeheiaSeurimasEscelika
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Wait... there's more than 15 colors?!?!

• Rhyot said:

Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
    ArdentTsarraEscelikaRhyotKatie
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    edited June 2020
    TODAY I LEARNED that there were more than 15 colors that Aetolia can use.

My reaction in that knowledge:

DrystinZaila
  • Mudlet supports all of them as well.
    Zaila
  • ZeheiaZeheia Immortal
    Rhyot said:

More importantly, COLOURS NAMES, so you can actually tell which one is which colour!
    She/her but also responds to they/them thanks to chilling as Somebody or other.

If in doubt, please refer to the Forum Rules! If in more doubt, please reach out to a moderator.

Act as you would wish to be treated.

"It costs you nothing to assume that we are acting in good faith."
  • edited June 2020
    https://ada-young.com/pastebin/oRst2TCR

255 colors in all. And a handy link for people who want a reference
  • 256 colors! Black is a color tooooo!
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Yeah if you come anywhere near a HELP scroll I've had a hand in or the Templar Tome, you're gonna need to have XTERM configured on so help you God.
    TeaniStineZailaNaos
  • ZeheiaZeheia Immortal
    edited June 2020
    Rhine said:

256 colors! Black is a color tooooo!

Black is 0. So yes and no, I guess?

Oh, and you know, technically black is the absence of colour!
    She/her but also responds to they/them thanks to chilling as Somebody or other.

If in doubt, please refer to the Forum Rules! If in more doubt, please reach out to a moderator.

Act as you would wish to be treated.

"It costs you nothing to assume that we are acting in good faith."
    Ardent
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Zeheia said:
    256 colors! Black is a color tooooo!
    Black is 0. So yes and no, I guess? Oh, and you know, technically black is the absence of light!
    Ftfy.

SeurimasRhineBulrokLin
  • edited June 2020
    Nevermind! I had the wrong idea.
    https://twitter.com/TastyArts
    Probably listening to this.