Short Questions

Comments

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Not sure how that was off topic, since it was directly related to what was discussed above. :confused:

LinCzcienn
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    @Tiur @Razmael

Is there an ETA on when the housing changes are gonna roll out? I was a bit sad that after all these years of playing I finally decide to invest into a house only to find I can't buy one :(
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    Bit of a lore question just as much as a curious one for our lore peeps.

I know Ballroom dancing is a thing...

Are there any in-game names and sources for where Ballroom dancing became Salsa Dancing and Meringue Dancing? All three are similar in that most dances are three beat steps with one person taking the 'lead' and the other following along.
    Didi
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    edited June 2020
    this is going to be a bit of a strange question, but has anyone noticed that under any CLANHELP (clan name)you do not see people assigned to positions, and they are all empty. However clan exe_summary shows them in positions and they have the privs for access?? I even logged in without my system and still seeing it. Checked a few people and they are seeing that as well.

@Tiur ?
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Teani
  • From HELP BACKGROUND

SET HISTORY PUBLIC/ALLIES/PRIVATE
    - Sets your background and chapters viewable by everyone, only your allies or no one. The only exceptions are that the most powerful gods, such as Varian, can always read them.

I like the idea of backgrounds for divine and admin only. So how restricted is access to a background once made private?
    https://twitter.com/TastyArts
    Probably listening to this.
  • Ensis said:

From HELP BACKGROUND

- Sets your background and chapters viewable by everyone, only your allies or no one. The only exceptions are that the most powerful gods, such as Varian, can always read them.

I like the idea of backgrounds for divine and admin only. So how restricted is access to a background once made private?

The very thing you're quoting says how restricted it is.
    Public = everyone can view it.
    Allies = only allies can read it.
    Private = nobody but you (and gods) can read it.
  • Sanir said:

Ensis said:

From HELP BACKGROUND

The very thing you're quoting says how restricted it is.
    Public = everyone can view it.
    Allies = only allies can read it.
    Private = nobody but you (and gods) can read it.
    I'm guessing they meant what level of access is meant by "the most powerful gods" - if that means just Tiur and Razmael and Slyphe can't read them, for instance, it defeats the purpose.
    Ensis
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Some of those help files are very out of date. All of the gods can read your background.
    Zaila
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Lin said:

Some of those help files are very out of date. All of the gods can read your background.

It's that power creep. Used to be a Varian-only power level, but now every God is that powerful. Like how half of Sapience is Tekal+ now when it was 16 years ago only one player barely scratched their way up enough.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

LinSeurimas
  • Tekias said:
    It's that power creep. Used to be a Varian-only power level, but now every God is that powerful. Like how half of Sapience is Tekal+ now when it was 16 years ago only one player barely scratched their way up enough.
    Some say even Rhyot and Jhin can read private histories now 🤔
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
    EscelikaGavramel
  • Okay, I give up, what do globes of elemental energy actually do? I know they give you the infused by fire defense but that doesn't seem to do anything. It doesn't make me do extra damage, or attack faster. I cannot find a help file or google search that actually lays out what they do.
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    The real use people have for globes is easy exp. After you activate the globe to get the Elemental defense, you can SUMMON ELEMENTAL, and it'll summon an elemental you can kill for a ton of exp. You can keep doing that until the globe is depleted. They're highly desirable as it's pretty easy, relatively risk-free way to level, which is great for powerleveling to 100 for newer characters.

It would be nice if the commands for globes were easier to find. As it is, it takes a bit of NEWSEARCHing to locate 
    Alix
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Keep in mind, the DRAIN GLOBE buff lasts 6 hours, with each SUMMON ELEMENTAL taking 5 minutes off of it, so now that you know what you're doing with it, you'll want to hold off until you get dedicated time to work on them.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

Alix
  • Geez, I could have searched for ever and never found that info. Thanks everyone. It would help if the Announce post for promotions actually explained what the items you could possibly get do.
    Alix said:

Geez, I could have searched for ever and never found that info. Thanks everyone. It would help if the Announce post for promotions actually explained what the items you could possibly get do.

I use searchnews (board) (word) A LOT when I get or find something that I have not seen before.

like searchnews announce globe.... brings up this

#2135 - 6/2/2013 at 2:35 - Razmael, the Synthesist
    June promotion
    globe of elemental energy!
    These globes can be DRAINed up to four times each, and will infuse the
    Globes are not bound to the owner, and thus can be traded freely.

yeah you have to scroll a little to find what you are looking for but that one explains it all for you. I wish there was a better way for all these announce commands in posts to be kept up in a help file or something, but it seems a toss up whenever an announce or changelog is posted and the help file is either created or updated.
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

SaltzAlix
  • Macavity said:

I use searchnews (board) (word) A LOT when I get or find something that I have not seen before.

like searchnews announce globe.... brings up this

#2135 - 6/2/2013 at 2:35 - Razmael, the Synthesist
    June promotion
    globe of elemental energy!
    These globes can be DRAINed up to four times each, and will infuse the
    Globes are not bound to the owner, and thus can be traded freely.

yeah you have to scroll a little to find what you are looking for but that one explains it all for you. I wish there was a better way for all these announce commands in posts to be kept up in a help file or something, but it seems a toss up whenever an announce or changelog is posted and the help file is either created or updated.

I had no idea that was a thing! That is going to be my new favourite search tool. Thanks!
    Macavity
  • StigandrStigandr v5735
    edited July 2020
    Is Aetolia taking place on a flat plane/disc, or is the realm a sphere like our own in real life?

EDIT - I'm moving this to the Lore Questions thread. I did not see it earlier.
    Macavity
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Small thing I realized (connected to searching news): if you SEARCHNEWS ANNOUNCE FIREWORKS it shows the wrong tethers for the promotional fireworks. (There was a changelog for this). You can PROBE the fireworks to see the correct tether, since they can only be exchanged once, but that doesn't show the command: PROMOFIREWORK(S)

this is more of a forum question than a game question so hope this is the right place......

is there a topic to show off your haven? I just finished a major construction project on mine that I am rather proud of in the map design of it. Wondering if thats a thing to show?
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

GalileiStigandr
  • Macavity said:

is there a topic to show off your haven? I just finished a major construction project on mine that I am rather proud of in the map design of it. Wondering if thats a thing to show?

Sounds like the kind of thing for Affirmations.

https://twitter.com/TastyArts
    Probably listening to this.
  • So exploring and questing is kind of my thing at the moment. I found a ferry to a place called Arithyl but it is saying I don't have permission to use this ferry. All I want to know is if this is an accessible location in the game? All my searching has found is a single public news post that indicates people have been able to access it in the past, but no event posts or anything about it becoming inaccessible.

If it is still an accessible location in the game I'll ask around in game about how to get there, I just don't want to chase up something that doesn't exist anymore.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    It exists. It's not publicly accessible because it was created as a player's private "house."
    Alix
  • Awesome, I will not bother trying to get in there then, thanks!
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    There actually is a way to get access (two, actually). The Covenant clan, which I don't know if you can still get an invite to, and a wormhole, which I created for easy access and also because I'm super lazy and frequent the island for dragon parts for crafting. >_>
    AlixLin
  • I mean the character is retired, couldnt like....we just re-animate the dragon pieces there into a Zombie dragon boss battle event.
    Make it public....

Utilise the Ridiculous amount of rooms...
    LinStigandr
    Phoenecia said:

There actually is a way to get access (two, actually). The Covenant clan, which I don't know if you can still get an invite to, and a wormhole, which I created for easy access and also because I'm super lazy and frequent the island for dragon parts for crafting. >_>

I actually am part of the clan and have invite privs to it. :smiley:
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Lin
  • 1. How long does it generally take to get feedback on runes of transformation customisations?

2. How do I go about getting my honours customisation from the fakeid relic artifact done? Don't think there is an official command for it, so do I message or issue?
  • edited July 2020
    Czcibor said:

1. How long does it generally take to get feedback on runes of transformation customisations?

2. How do I go about getting my honours customisation from the fakeid relic artifact done? Don't think there is an official command for it, so do I message or issue?

1. It took about a week and a half, maybe slightly less, for my customisation stamp to be approved. It might take around the same time for you.

2. AFAIK, for the fakeid relic artifact thing, you message Razmael with your fakeid #, and the message you want. He'll input it in if he approves.
    Czcienn
  • Does anyone know the reasoning behind SCRUB being both a 10 second (!) balance use and only being a chance to succeed? Are there combat implications to being stinky that I'm not aware of? I have spent a minute and a half just scrubbing to try and remove stench.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited July 2020
    Because the shorter, more convenient scrub costs money

Edit: I mean it's funny but it's also true
    IazamatStineAlixSryaenEnsisRhine