Short Questions

Comments

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Tacitus As far as I know woad does not exist in any room descriptions that I have seen, and the dyekits haven't been around forever, so older rooms shouldn't have it referenced either. I simply think it is a color that has been added to allow people to describe a specific color. True, I haven't -looked- for it, but it's not something I can remember seeing anywhere at all. Admin would probably be the only ones to know for certain.

Tacitus
  • @Tacitus - given that searching every verbose description in the game is a major difficulty for us, I have checked likely areas where it might crop up. As such, to my knowledge, woad does not exist in Aetolia.
    Tacitus
  • @Teani @Ignotum - Thank you for the help. I'll most likely abandon my search for the plant IG.

• Do you gain more health for gaining level 101 and the ones after? Or does that stop at 100?
  • Your health gains will stop at lvl 100, yes.
  • Azazel said:

Do you gain more health for gaining level 101 and the ones after? Or does that stop at 100?

Karhast said:

Your health gains will stop at lvl 100, yes.

You can enhance your health total, however, with augemetic enhancements gained every 10 levels after 100. 2% per enhancement in health or mana, to a maximum of +6% each.

You can also enhance your constitution which would increase your health total.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • RhoynnRhoynn Hartford
    Is it possible to reset enhancements and race skills chosen from ascending?
  • Yes, reincarnation will let you spend the points again. Race skills, no.
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    what exactly is the limit on the number of days you get with Iron Elite membership? I always thought it was 31, but if that were the case, my Iron elite wouldn't have rolled over about an hour ago, it would have rolled over around the 16th, since Feburary only had 28 days. @Oleis Clarification?
  • Is there any bonus to having concoctions skill transed? Someone told me that you get a sip health bonus.

• Azazel said:

Is there any bonus to having concoctions skill transed? Someone told me that you get a sip health bonus.

You make 60 sips instead of 50, that's it.
  • KynaKyna Victoria, Australia
    Azazel said:

Is there any bonus to having concoctions skill transed? Someone told me that you get a sip health bonus.

You also need trans concoctions to brew the cure for vampires, if you are into doing that. Not largely beneficial to a character solely in a mechanical sense, but it is there. 
    Being a trans concoctionist/reanimator also allows you to make the vigor elixir/apocroustic serum, if your city has access to that through research.

• You can also harvest more plants based on how high your skill is.
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    Is there even a remote chance of relic pieces for the Caudal or Metasomal segments being found in Cryptic Chests or other, similar sources? Or am I forced to bargain and plead for the remaining 3 metasomal pieces I need (yes, with metal), and 2 Caudal pieces?
  • @Axius I keep meaning to get at you about the metasomal, I have one I'll sell you

• AxiusAxius where I am
    alrighty @Tenshyo

additional question:

@Oleis

We are able to wear any sort of shoes, walk through sludge, and once we are clear of the sludge, remove our shoes and carry them about without spreading the sludge. Carry them to a pool of water deeper inside the city without spreading the sludge, and SCRUB without re-wearing our shoes to scrub the sludge off.

Is this intended? Or can we expect a patch to remove this functionality as it is a bug? I ask because OOCly, I've been told by several people that this is not a feasible long-term solution on the sludge event, and it will in fact be patched out before too long, because the admin want us flooding rooms to scrub it off, instead of having some method of not tracking sludge everywhere whilst on our way to a source of water to scrub if off, and it favors those classes with an ability to flood a room with water, and makes little sense why SCOUR and SHRIVE/SHED and other Stinky removal abilities would not affect the removal of the sludge, only a 10-second balance loss from SCRUBbing.
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    That's how it's meant to work.
    Axius
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Is the slime bullshit supposed to get into private houses?
    imageimage
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Razmael said:
    That's how it's meant to work.

You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Wipe your feet.
  • Seir said:

Wipe your feet.

@Oleis - this, add this to rugs, towels, etc for kicks?
    I haven't moved the character to whom the house belongs from my private house. How the hell did it get in?

Also, frankly I think it's bullshit to drop multiple hundreds of dollars on a private playing space and not be able to utilize that space because there's fucking slime in it.
    imageimage
    If you have rooms with plant life in them, the sludge will be spread even into private houses. It makes sense that it's effected no matter if it's behind someone's house or next to it in a public area. @Erzsebet

• edited March 2017
    As a warning, it will do this to havens as well, provided you have outdoor/appropriate settings for rooms. Learned this the hard way by sludging my entrance room.

Seems a bit odd with the whole havens are mental space thing going now, but such is the way of things.
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

• @Pazradym got a dirty mind!

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

PazradymTeaniSibattiKerrynArbre
    That it makes sense from a logic perspective does not make it any less bullshit from a customer one, given that the wilderness house I have cost me nearly 300$ and because the first room is forest, I can't get into it without spreading the slime all over my house because I don't have a water source on the inside.

Do we have any idea how long this event is going to run, because it is extremely irritating, excessively inconvenient and makes me want to not play.
    imageimage
  • @Erzsebet - being that this is a Multi-player Roleplaying game with events and consequences and not a chat room...
    I suspect there are things that happen in the world that are generally going to be an irritant.

Advice: Tighten your belt and be an adult about it.
    LinSessizlik
    Was not suggesting that everything in this game needs to cater to me, given that I am not, as stated, the only one here.

Was not even requesting that it end soon, though I wish it would.

Was requesting a general time-frame during which I can expect to not be able to access the aforementioned 300$ house, and during which I can expect to be generally annoyed with everything Aetolia.

I am not the only person who feels this way, I'm simply the only person audibly asking the question.
    imageimage
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    @Erzsebet Can't this be resolved ICly? I'm not sure how the event works currently but if a water source kills this bloom then can't the character find a friend or city/guild/order/family/clan member who can bring a water source to the house to clear it for you?

From an outsider's perspective, seems like an RP opportunity to me. Unless the sludge respawns indefinitely in the house... Seems there's a simple solution to a simple problem, no? I'm not sure though. Edumacate me.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2