Short Questions

Comments

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I'm sorry, 500 gold really is not a lot.
  • edited January 2017
    Axius said:

The boat ride to Asper is ridiculous in price. Why is it 500 gp when a ride to Polyargos is like..125 gp?

Supply and demand.

You don't see anyone else rowing out to Asper, so the ferryman can charge whatever he damn well pleases, and your choices are pay or don't go to Asper.

This is what's known as having a monopoly on a market. In this case, ferry passages to Asper.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • The way villages are conspiring to gouge us on comm prices, you'd think they'd be getting into this ferry game too.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Toz said:

The way villages are conspiring to gouge us on comm prices, you'd think they'd be getting into this ferry game too.

Ssssh, don't say it where they can hear you!
  • Kelliara said:

Toz said:

The way villages are conspiring to gouge us on comm prices, you'd think they'd be getting into this ferry game too.

Ssssh, don't say it where they can hear you!
    God, first ink sales now forum accounts? Are you guys EVER going to stand up to these NPCs, or should I just start buying credits directly from them?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• NPCs selling credits now? I'm game.
  • I'm just here like
    "Asper ride is 500g a pop? Where was I am? Hello?"

Then again, I've been to Asper all of like 3 times in my life.

• If you are living and go undead, does Concoctions refund 100% or does it just turn into Reanimation? That would be a great incentive for people switching. I'm asking for friend (honest).

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    @Oleis - Can I have my mod powers back? Some time ago, we stopped being able to edit / delete posts, and my flagging is only worth 1 point again. It was worth like 3 or 5, I can't remember, but I could effectively bury a post with my flag alone.

Point being, the only power I have now is the greatly feared yellow text.
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Arbre said:

@Oleis - Can I have my mod powers back? Some time ago, we stopped being able to edit / delete posts, and my flagging is only worth 1 point again. It was worth like 3 or 5, I can't remember, but I could effectively bury a post with my flag alone.

Point being, the only power I have now is the greatly feared yellow text.

They were mad broken and allowed mortal mods roundabout access to immortal sections of the forums through the edit log. Until VanillaForums figures that out, we're kind of hamstrung.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Hokay, thanks for the explanation.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Could I get the greatly feared, yellow text?
  • edited January 2017
    Axius said:

The boat ride to Asper is ridiculous in price. Why is it 500 gp when a ride to Polyargos is like..125 gp?

At 500 gold a pop you'd think he'd have something better than a rotten boat. I DEMAND BETTER ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MY INFLATED PRICES!

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Maybe he's an aspiring Cabalist, trying out some reversed decomposition theories. Might be checking if the decay of wood will keep your feet warm for the journey across the icy water?

• edited January 2017
    Or, perhaps he's keeping his overhead costs down so that he increases profit, knowing, as I stated previously, he can charge whatever the hell he wants.

He's got the monopoly on the market for boat rides to Asper. Your choices are literally:

1) Pay the overpriced fee for the rotten and dodgy boat.

Or,

2) Don't go to Asper.

Quite frankly, the person who built that golem should be commended, and we should all be grateful there isn't an army of business savy golems lurking about, waiting to take over every market available.

EDIT: DAMN YOU MEERKATS AND YOUR COMPARING EVERYTHING.
    Xenia
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    edited January 2017
    Is there something weird going on with the website/forums servers right now? I'm trying to play on the nexus client, and absolutely nothing is happening, and then just trying to reload the page (and the forums) took around 2-3 minutes each.

Edit: It got a bit better.
  • Kelliara said:

Meerkats

Next mini: Golemeerkat.

Description: This is a golem. It is also a meerkat. Short and not at all furry.

Sarita said:
    Is there something weird going on with the website/forums servers right now? I'm trying to play on the nexus client, and absolutely nothing is happening, and then just trying to reload the page (and the forums) took around 2-3 minutes each. Edit: It got a bit better.
    IRE had a big server switch yesterday that may be contributing to this. While they don't host the forums, there are some passthrough and nameserver issues that could arise. Try doing a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5 or Shift+Ctrl+R on many browsers) or clearing the browser cache entirely. 
    [---]
  • @Oleis I'm not sure if you'd know but since that server switch I haven't been able to access the gamefeed page. I see the live balloons on the websites are still being updated so I'm guessing the service is still running. You used to be able to view it, in a longer list then the live feeds at http://www.ironrealms.com/gamefeed. I found it useful to track things in large spam like group combat. Was it moved, or is this no longer gonna be a page we players can see?
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    Can you bring scrollracks to stationary items and enchant the item from there?

Example: a cabinet to be enchanted with icepocket

I may have been a dumdum and dropped my cabinet in the room before getting it enchanted.
  • Human
    -----
    Adaptability: Once per Aetolian year, you can ADAPT to give yourself +1 to that stat until you choose to change it.

Is that a year year or a season?
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
  • DakanDakan Behind you
    @Oleis, is there any way you'll disclose whether or not we can expect another round of discounts before the month ends, or is it Top Sekret?

Not that I'm in any way complaining, it's been an awesome promotion! I'd just like to know if it's safe to pull the trigger on some purchases. :D
    Dakan said:
    @Oleis, is there any way you'll disclose whether or not we can expect another round of discounts before the month ends, or is it Top Sekret? Not that I'm in any way complaining, it's been an awesome promotion! I'd just like to know if it's safe to pull the trigger on some purchases. :D
    We're all wrapped up in preparation for February's promotion. Thanks for asking!
    [---]
    Dakan
  • Why are there so many mosquitoes and wasps in the HG?
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    Those wasps and mosquitos and ants up in HG used to be a great way to get points during Great Hunts, at least until the HG became an open pk place. :D
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Was there EVER a point when the hunting grounds WASN'T open pk?
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    From what I know.. Now I'm unsure. But I at least know that people didn't bother to come kill my chars when they went there for Great hunts.
  • DakanDakan Behind you
    I think killing Sessizlik is almost in the same category as like... killing Didi or making bacon out of turkey.

Some things you just don't do.
    SessizlikAxiusFyrrenEmirKodazaJensenLeana
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    For crafting purposes, is bloodwood considered its own variant of wood now much like redwood used to be?