Short Questions

Comments

• Guys,my question is quite basic and stupid but I can't find it on the forums (even tho I believe it was already asked before somewhere. Forgive me.)
    I bought a shield and an armor (according to my class) and even a shield tattoo. But I noticed that a mob who was "appears to lack strength" dealt great damage to me quite the same way when I was without protections. And I was in a level 15 area.
    Why?
    Doesn't the "consider" command compare a mob's strenght with our character?
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited December 2016
    Gogrut said:

Guys,my question is quite basic and stupid but I can't find it on the forums (even tho I believe it was already asked before somewhere. Forgive me.)
    I bought a shield and an armor (according to my class) and even a shield tattoo. But I noticed that a mob who was "appears to lack strength" dealt great damage to me quite the same way when I was without protections. And I was in a level 15 area.
    Why?

The CONSIDER command is not comparative to your character. Rather, there is a threshold for each different CONSIDER strength that corresponds to the mobile's level. Also keep in mind that the shield tattoo is something you TOUCH for temporary protection from most things. It doesn't provide any passive damage resistance.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Gogrut
  • Gogrut said:

Guys,my question is quite basic and stupid but I can't find it on the forums (even tho I believe it was already asked before somewhere. Forgive me.)
    Why?

As a note with the shield tattoo (when it comes to mobs), I've found that if the thing your fighting would be smart enough to hold a conversation with you, it's probably also smart enough to figure out a hammer tattoo to break it with.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    Gogrut
  • edited December 2016
    yes the tattoo needs to be touched. As of the CONSIDER command,now I understand why the mob was still dangerous. CONSIDER tells you what "level" is the mob. A bit confusing,but I think I'll get used to this I guess..
  • It is also important to consider the type of damage. Armour does nothing against magic damage.
    KelliaraTrager
  • sure but the mob I was talking about wasn't using magic.
  • On that topic, we need to figure out who is selling like, undead Kelki abominations inks so they can make hammer tattoos. If a world-ending threat is buying inks from your local shop, maybe have a stern chat with the shopkeeper or something, this is out of hand.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

TenshyoKelliaraErzsebet
  • Toz said:

On that topic, we need to figure out who is selling like, undead Kelki abominations inks so they can make hammer tattoos. If a world-ending threat is buying inks from your local shop, maybe have a stern chat with the shopkeeper or something, this is out of hand.

The Kelki abominations use their own ink, though.
    Mihaketi
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    With the fact that the Credit market has dried up and has been dead since the reversion of that mistake of a change to the credit market, are we likely to see some sort of infusion of admin-priced credits to try and jumpstart the credit market once more? Otherwise I'm not seeing much point to it when it's pretty much -always- empty. and devoid of any sold credits. And the gold is starting to pile up without the secondary currency market
  • Axius said:

With the fact that the Credit market has dried up and has been dead since the reversion of that mistake of a change to the credit market, are we likely to see some sort of infusion of admin-priced credits to try and jumpstart the credit market once more? Otherwise I'm not seeing much point to it when it's pretty much -always- empty. and devoid of any sold credits. And the gold is starting to pile up without the secondary currency market

I'm not an admin, but I don't imagine that would happen. But what you see is typical for the market - the only difference now is that there aren't those super expensive ones that linger there for forever. The market is typically void of credits because they sell very quickly. I've seen plenty of people selling credits off and on, even managed to get some from the market myself without people advertising them -on- the market. But, that was the issue before the changes, too. Credits just do not last long.
    RhyotFezzix
  • Axius said:

If the admin pumps the market full of credits (currency mainly obtained by ooc means) and sells them for in game currency, the game loses money. A better solution is to make appealing gold sinks so that players have a reason to sell credits that they've bought with real life money.
    RhyotKelliara
  • What's the current going rate for credits?
  • Angroth said:

What's the current going rate for credits?

Currently, ZERO since none are ever for sale.
    But, normally: 6000-7500
    Guilds/cities typically sell for 4000ish at smaller numbers.

• I've always wondered, do cityfavors from higher ranked citizens or leaders carry more weight?

• Is the Arqeshi language learnable? If so, from who? (Whom?)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• @Leana Believe it's weighted by rank and also by position, though I'm not sure to what degree, and if both play into your weight at the same time or not.
    imageimage
  • Rivas said:

Is the Arqeshi language learnable? If so, from who? (Whom?)

Don't Arqeshi just speak Nazetu?
  • Kelliara said:

Rivas said:

I thought so, but I've been told (by the player of an Arqeshi) that it's a different language. Maybe that should've been the question I led off with...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• Rivas said:

Kelliara said:

Rivas said:

I thought so, but I've been told (by the player of an Arqeshi) that it's a different language. Maybe that should've been the question I led off with...
    Hrm. That's interesting. I wouldn't have thought that there have been enough generations of Arqeshi since the split between them and the Nazetu for a new language to develop.

But, admitedly, I might be overthinking it.
  • @Erzsebet That sounds reasonable. It has always been a little mysterious.

• AxiusAxius where I am
    The boat ride to Asper is ridiculous in price. Why is it 500 gp when a ride to Polyargos is like..125 gp?
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    One's a level 21 bashing zone the other is a level 50. Not sure how much it is to Tcanna tho. Does it scale up again?!
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    250! Interesting. Maybe it's a shorter trip!?
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    No idea, it just all around seems like a bum deal, since nobody heads out to Asper unless they know about it, and even then, a good 60% don't consider it worth it with the price of a ferry ticket.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Well, to be fair, I'd probably charge more to ferry people across the icy waters near Asper than rowing in more pleasant weather down by Tcanna or Polyargos. Just saying, be fair to the ferryman. He's the one who has to endure the weather all year round!

Trikal
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    I'd be inclined to agree, Teani, if it weren't for the fact that the ferryman is a golem... at least, I recall him being a golem. An undead golem. (don't ask me how a clay construct can be undead.. I just recall reading it as such.)
  • I take the ferry out to Asper to fish all the time. 500 gold isn't really much in the grand scheme of things.
  • Axius said:

I'd be inclined to agree, Teani, if it weren't for the fact that the ferryman is a golem... at least, I recall him being a golem. An undead golem. (don't ask me how a clay construct can be undead.. I just recall reading it as such.)

Flesh golem?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Axius said:

Hey, maybe he's smarter than most, or has been told that some people are affected by cold, so it would make sense to charge more? Still, I think he's sort of earned it. He gets to make that journey quite a lot, after all.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Just make Tcanna 1000 and then it will all make sense.