Short Questions

Comments

• MarienaMariena By a lake.
    This is probably a stupid question but I can't remember what the answer is: What is the essence Geroby is asking for, in the haunted house? He doesn't tell you when you prod at him. He just asks for it

Nia
  • @Antehe

so uhm, I've got a question about REACTIONS.

what's the code for location? sort of like $(item) and stuff? I wanted to set up something for when my pet gets away from me and I wanted to maybe use it for RP, I could send it a tell saying, "Where are you?" and it'd respond with Tell (character) I am currently exploring $(here) and it'd replace the token for $(here) with the room's name.
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • Don't think that currently exists, but that would be super spiffy.
    imageimage
  • I'm not really familiar with Aetolia's promotions. Do the Cryptic Chests tend to be a good buy?
  • @Xandren - That is a question for Razmael, I am honestly not sure how the REACTIONS system interfaces with how pets have been done previously/how I might rig something to work.
  • @Antehe

ah, alrighty, Paging Doctor @Razmael paging Doctor Razmael, we need ya in the short questions thread.

though I do hope it's possible.. I'll already hafta put forth a credit to fix it up if it is..
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • @Rhaelgar That depends on what you're after. It's your best chance of getting globes, relic pieces, and chocolates, but since the wheel promo just ended, the relic market is completely flooded. You have the chance to get some artifacts out of them, which can be fantastic if you're lucky enough to find them.

Personally, I'm going to wait until I see what new goodies Raz intends to add to the chests to make them more appealing. I'm -very- happy he took flairs out.

• Taken from announce post 2595:

PRIZES
    ======
    Prize tickets can be exchanged directly for some of the items listed below. Cost-per-ticket will vary by item. The prize shop will open some time after events have finished.

Will there be a post when this shop opens and where to find it?

• Fezzix said:

@Rhaelgar That depends on what you're after. It's your best chance of getting globes, relic pieces, and chocolates, but since the wheel promo just ended, the relic market is completely flooded. You have the chance to get some artifacts out of them, which can be fantastic if you're lucky enough to find them.

Personally, I'm going to wait until I see what new goodies Raz intends to add to the chests to make them more appealing. I'm -very- happy he took flairs out.

Two words:
    Venom rag

• @Konnorn - Yes, there will be a public announcement of some sort once the shop is open. We've hit a bit of a snag with a few items and are ironing them out so they work properly!
    TeaniIraeKonnorn
  • So I bugged the fact that the gold drop chocolate did not change gold drops at all, and it got merged with a different bug that was completely unrelated, with the resolution of having the syntax wrong. There is no syntax, the buff is passive once you've eaten the chocolate.

Message #658 Sent By: (aetolia) Received On: 11/04/2016/13:20
    "Bug #8947 has been resolved as part of a merged bug with the following message:
    You have the syntax wrong. BUG 8947 [SHOW] at any time to see this information
    again."

When I look at the bug it shows the 'parent' bug to be something Draiman filed about firelash not working correctly. The child bug shows the same thing.

So...the question here is should I re-bug it, or...? I no longer have the log associated with the original bug.
    imageimage
  • Rebug it and point it back to the original bug.
  • The original bug pulls up an unrelated bug now though? Referencing it would be kind've pointless?
    imageimage
  • VolkaVolka Lurking behind the beakers....
    So with the recent changes to the credit market, will similar changes be made to the ironcoin market (which I just discovered today). Checking Ironcoins for sale, the cheapest set is 4x 20k, but if you buy them on market,  they usually are a 1:1 exchange when bought with credits. 
    hopeful for the credit market though. <3@Razmael
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Volka, the Ironcoin market shifts more than the credit one and if you get 1:1 exchange, that's good. It's been 1:1.5 or 1:2 at times when there are less of them around.

• I've literally never seen ironcoins actually sell for more than a 1:1 ratio, unless someone desperate buys the ones that sit on the market for forever at 10k a piece.
    imageimage
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Really? Generally right now it's often 3+
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited November 2016
    Question! Is it not possible to use two cust. certifications to customize something anymore, one for the design change and a second for the base-type change?

Also, are y'all ever going to adjust the appearance limit for artifacts to match the appearance limit for actual crafted stuff? It's still a full 10 characters shorter.
    imageimage
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Erzsebet said:

Question! Is it not possible to use two cust. certifications to customize something anymore, one for the design change and a second for the base-type change?

This should be possible. I did exactly this, back in the day, to customize my homing pigeon.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    You def gotta message Raz personally about arti customization stuff pretty sure he's the only one who deals with that stuff in particular.
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    You can still use double custom certs to customize an artifact item change. I speak from very recent experience when I changed my artifact gauntlet into artifact gloves + descrip change. Costed my 2 custom certs.

No need for a message Razmael at all, just input it into the comments that you're using 2 certs to do what you want to do.

Lin
  • It won't let me submit it because I don't have the credits, just the double certificates, is why I asked. :/
    imageimage
  • I have a few questions!
    1. Useful syntax - Is there any way to see all the city commands I can do, the same way GUILD PRIVS shows all the guild commands I have? Obviously, I have tried CITY PRIVS, but it doesn't seem to work.

2. Useful syntax again - Is there a command that will take everything from a container (pack, letter, box, chest, and so on) into my inventory? Specifically without having to use the key noun identifying those items? Eg. If I have 2 amulets and 3 orbs in a letter, I want to be able to do something like GET ALL FROM LETTER.

3. Commodities - I note from an old announce that (player) cities no longer produce commodities. Does this mean we are entirely reliant on commodities from non-player cities? Are there other ways of getting/producing comms?

I understand that asking you to share with me any deep, dark comm-secrets will likely cut directly into your ability to get comms yourself, so a simple yes or no is fine. Although I'd love to hear about any non-competitive ways to get comms - like an artifact node or whatever.

4. Project Management - There are a LOT of projects that I can view. Is there a way to get the PROJECTS command to, say, hide projects that I specify? Or maybe bookmark/favorite a few select projects so something like PROJECTS BOOKMARKED displays a much shorter list?

I am aware of PROJECTS IN [org], but that still does not really help cut down on the number of things I have to rummage through. (I know there are client-side things I can do, but just want to make sure I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel here.)
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    For 2,  you can UPTURN things to empty their contents.
    CinarraPhoenecia
  • 1) HELP CITYRANKS covers the privs and what city rank you get them at. Unlike guilds, city privs are fixed and standard, outside of aideship to ministries.
    The abilities city rank confers are:

3) WRITELOG <msg>
         Allows you to append your city's log.

4) PREFIX/SUFFIX <who> <text>
         Manipulate the titles of lower-ranked citizens.

5) CITIZEN <who>
         Induct another adventurer into your fair city or commune.

6) CITYFAVOUR <who> <reason>
         Bestow your cityfavour upon a citizen, possibly increasing their city rank.
         CITYDISFAVOUR <who> <reason>
         Like cityfavour, but to express dissatisfaction with a citizen's actions.
    2) As Lin quoted, you can UPTURN to empty its tangible contents into your inventory. This does not work with fluids.

3) Correct - cities are now dependent upon the various villages throughout Sapience.

4) Unfortunately, project organization commands are fairly limited, as outlined in HELP 3.15
    Cinarra
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    edited December 2016
    Cinarra said:

I have a few questions!

1. Commodities - I note from an old announce that (player) cities no longer produce commodities. Does this mean we are entirely reliant on commodities from non-player cities? Are there other ways of getting/producing comms?

I understand that asking you to share with me any deep, dark comm-secrets will likely cut directly into your ability to get comms yourself, so a simple yes or no is fine. Although I'd love to hear about any non-competitive ways to get comms - like an artifact node or whatever.

@Cinarra

I'm going to go a little more in depth than most with this, because I have no reason to make sure you can't gain commodities. That said, you can still buy from the city, but your primary source is going to be from comm shops around Sapience. HELP COMMODITIES will give you a list of commodities and the locations of where to get them. Iirc, there is typically an increase each Howling so if you need to stockpile comms, I would suggest going there at Howling and cycling through the comm shops before the crafting people do. If you do this, you'll likely only get anywhere from 5-10 commodity per shop depending, but its better than nothing, right?? Bring about 20k gold with you when you do as prices range depending on the commodity. Additionally, you can get commodities from Cryptic Chests.

Cinarra
  • Cinarra said:

I have a few questions!

1. Commodities - I note from an old announce that (player) cities no longer produce commodities. Does this mean we are entirely reliant on commodities from non-player cities? Are there other ways of getting/producing comms?
    @Cinarra - FYI, don't buy village comm shops down to 0 comms, leave 1 there. If you drop the comm down to 0, compared to leaving it at one, the reproduction slows down and the price increases more sharply.
  • Ironbeard:

Is he out and about in force? Or just the stockings are all that we get?
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    Are we really stuck with only 2 Lagoon fishing spots? Really? Heck, Springs are the only thing I can come up with that have fewer fishing spots, and when they come up on Hagriphim's list, they at least get tied into Rivers, I think. Could we either A. add/change some of the river locations in certain places to Lagoons, or B. change it to Lagoons/brackish or lagoons/ponds?
    Fezzix
  • MorwenMorwen Under The Sea
    edited December 2016
    Axius said:

Are we really stuck with only 2 Lagoon fishing spots? Really? Heck, Springs are the only thing I can come up with that have fewer fishing spots, and when they come up on Hagriphim's list, they at least get tied into Rivers, I think. Could we either A. add/change some of the river locations in certain places to Lagoons, or B. change it to Lagoons/brackish or lagoons/ponds?

I only know of two lagoon locations (which is frustrating!)... But there are definitely at least five spring locations! Just gotta keep looking on those. :smile:

Edit: I'd rather have more lagoon locations added, personally (assuming there aren't any more). The more fishing holes, the better!