Short Questions

Comments

• Erzsebet said:

She needs wood in fights? /confused

Tarot cards are made out of wood, and the cards:wood ratio is really low. 16:1 with the artifact, I think? Indorani burn a handful of wood even over the course of one short fight.
  • So here's a question: Why does the ritual for becoming undead cause so much effing bleeding damage? Trying to go undead at low levels is stupidly hard because of the huge amounts of bleeding damage and the extremely limited ways to mitigate that bleeding when you're a newbie with low levels and skills.

Something so basic to the game shouldn't be such a pain to deal with, especially when the game starts people out in Bloodloch.
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Did you have them use the knife? It shouldn't kill even a newbie if you use a knife and just slit wrists if they have a healing vial.

Consider yourself lucky it's as easy as it is--as a Bloodborn before they could directly feed, we had to use eyebleed on novices to help them go undead. 9 out of 10 novices died at least once unless you were stupid careful.

Also. Ah, re: wood. Makes sense. Really needs to be fixed so folk can both pk and craft without so much effort. Plz-to-fix barding while you're at it. -.-
    imageimage
  • MordtriusMordtrius St Louis MO
    Is there a way to see relative undead house activity? If not, how active are each of the major houses (Can I throw Bouchard in there as well?) and how much RP can I get into with them? My character could probably end up choosing any of them for IC reasons so for OOC reasons I'd like a house active during my Central US time zone with opportunities for RP. Easiest IC fit is probably Ve'kahi.
    Sorry for double post, but there is no editing... I'd like to mention that I'd specifically want a Sire who is into RP.
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    TOPHOUSES, thought I'm not 100% sure how that score is calculated, but it generally shows which houses are more active.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    D'baen has RPers, I know, hard to believe since me and Cariv are in here, but yeah. Judging from top houses though Ve'kahi has plenty of activity as well and I hear they're all up in the RP business. Here's the score at the time of this posting:

********************************[ Top Houses ]*********************************
    House Points
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D'baen 1017
    Ve'kahi 823
    Bahir'an 401
    Nebre'seir 185
    *******************************************************************************
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

@draiman Thanks, I didn't see the command in the help files. Either way since my IC character is indecisive I plan on having an RP "interview" with a person from each house over the next couple RL weeks. It's going to be a hard OOC sell fro bhair'an and nebre'seir with those "points" though. Maybe an admin can chime in on how those are calculated.
    My understanding is that tophouses is based on number of commands, and excludes those done within havens--so it will only really help you gauge which houses are full of bashing/pk types, not which actually talk and have some kind of community. Especially so where the houseleader is one of those things. RPers/crafters generate less commands per second than PKers/Bashers.

If you want RP, which house you'll want to join will depend on the flavour of the RP you want. I find that Ve'kahi and D'baen are both full of RPers. Not to say that Nebre and Bahir don't have any, necessarily, I just. Don't actually know the name of a single person currently active in either house beyond the houseleaders that RP. Would recommend basing your choice on the contents of HOUSEHELP , the blurb Vinessa has to say on each, and-or actually speaking to members listed on the househelp to get a better feel for where your character would fit in.

You mentioned Bouchard -- Bouchard is no longer considered a House. It has few members. I do know that Neoma is in it and is an RP type. Not sure how often she's here, though.
    imageimage
    @erzesebet Interesting. Assuming that is how the points are calculated I definitely don't feel that they should matter into my decision much. Obviously Iselle is in Bahir'an and is the leader of the RP clan. I might have been typing my last comment and the same time as you, but in any case I definitely plan on having in-person interviews with someone from each house. In related news, I should really read over my comments before hitting submit. Awful typos last comment.
    I was under the impression that Iselle hasn't been logging in much, which is why I didn't mention her. Could be wrong though, she's not really someone I keep specific tabs on, just haven't heard anything from her since she took Overlord.

The last time I looked, Nebre was pretty dead. Don't know about Bahir' 'cause it's the only house I refuse to have an alt in. D'baen and Ve'kahi both seem quiet at first glance, but I know both have a range of RP-types. Would generally advise to not put a lot of stock in the tophouses list-all it can really tell you is when there's next to no activity in a house at all. Interviews are a good way to do it, assuming you can corner an unbusy person from each House that interests you.
    imageimage
    Do chocolates stack time if you eat multiples? Or does it just refresh the time?

Like. If I ate a hazelnut and had six hours on it, if I ate another would it add 8 hours, or would it just refresh it to its original 8 hour timer?
    imageimage
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I /THINK/ it won't even let you eat another while the buff is already active. But if it did it probably would just replace the def.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    wtf is this young pincher crap??
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Ishin said:

wtf is this young pincher crap??

+--------------------------- CHANGELOG ENTRY #1193 ----------------------------+
    | Entered by: Dristin Date: 2016/04/05 02:48:50 |
    +-------------------------------- ADDITION -----------------------------------+

Thanks to an event suggestion from Duiran, young planthoppers and young pinchers can now be found
    wandering around their appropriate city (though the planthoppers after the first batch resets). They
    cannot be slain, for fair warning. You can get a net and jar from Ghada or Raest. Once you have a
    net and wield it, you can CAPTURE -insect- to get it into your net. You can take the insects out of
    your net and put them into the sold jar. When two of the same type are in the jar, nothing will
    happen, but if two opposites are put in - they will fight. All of the npcs will reset after a while,
    though, so don't expect to keep them on a permanent basis.

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    @Dristin - can we make it so we can only see them if we have RATS on? They're spammy as poop :(
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Fezzix
  • Ishin said:

@Dristin - can we make it so we can only see them if we have RATS on? They're spammy as poop :(

No as they are not at all related. Vermin is hard-coded, the planthoppers/pinchers are made through the same system we make normal NPCs from. I have, however, just slowed down their movement speed so that should help.
    Dristin said:

Ishin said:

No as they are not at all related. Vermin is hard-coded, the planthoppers/pinchers are made through the same system we make normal NPCs from. I have, however, just slowed down their movement speed so that should help.
    Thanks
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • @Erzsebet: You cannot eat any other chocolates while one is currently active. You have 8 hours of login time to use them and 30 day decay rate. Once the specific chocolate is used, you can eat a new one. I usually have mints going all times I'm logged in right now because of how many I have.

@Razmael, loved the wheel promo, do it again. Mints be awesome.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• I got some credits from retiring and was wondering if monks still do good damage in PVP? I was thinking of buying a +3 str artifact, but want to see if people think it would be worth it. I remember back in the day a monk (Kamus, I think) would do crazy damage with super high str. 
  • Yeah, monks still do good damage in pvp, especially in groups. Have fun with it.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    If you're serious about getting into PvP you don't want to be going just for high damage and you certainly don't want +3 strength to be among your first artifact purchases.
    Ishin
  • question about the way curses/boons work, if I had waited about 20 minutes to log in, would I have experienced the curse that was applied to the commune? Or would it have been applied to me anyways, and everyone else who was not logged in was cursed as well? I'm trying to figure out if there was a way I could have avoided being unable to bash altogether. Oh, and is there any way to get the curse removed Icly? A simple, "yes, there are IC ways outside of divine intervention" is what I want. No actual descriptions if there are..and if not..well..
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    It would have applied to you anyways, to everybody who wasn't logged in.

No there are no ways outside of divine intervention to remove it.

@xandren I imagine a friendly divine giving everyone a blessing/boon/whatever would counteract it. That's what I'd campaign for.
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    It'll counteract most effects, but you'll still lose a potential 10% to your audit since you can no longer benefit from endgame protection.

I just got embraced so I'll find out for myself, but I have heard praenomen really suck at bashing since the revamp due to the tankiness loss. I didn't see any class leads reports talking about this. Is there something going to be done about it?
  • No, nothing is going to be done about it. As far as everyone is concerned, Praenomen bashing is now equal to everyone else's... even though our DPS is shit and tankiness is negligible. The only way to be able to bash as Praenomen and exceed at it, is if you have tons of defensive artifacts and the hunting artifacts.

If you want to bash, go Teradrim or Carnifex.

Riluo
    @Zsadist Well, it sounds like it's been argued then. Is it so bad that in your opinion that I can't stick with praenomen and do decent? I mean, I don't intend on attempting to chase your title but I would like to get into the 120-130 circle range relatively quickly.
  • @Mordtrius: It would take you some time to get there, but it does decently enough. Get a decent set or scale mail, a decent shield, and trans your miniskills and you have a CHANCE of getting there at some point.