Short Questions

Comments

• +--------------------------- CHANGELOG ENTRY #1168 ---------------------------+ | Entered by: Keroc Date: 2016/03/06 12:49:02 | +--------------------------------- CHANGE ------------------------------------+ I've updated the backend support for impalement. The main thing you may notice is that the 'mob_impaled' affliction no longer exists and that some messages may have been tweaked. Everything else should function roughly the same. Please submit a BUG if you notice anything strange. +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    DEFENSIVE 259: L1 substitution a target dummy 200cr 260: L2 substitution a target dummy 400cr 261: L3 substitution a target dummy 800cr

?
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• It was recently asked from our liaisons: How does the lack of mob_impale affliction work with the target dummy artifact?

Answer: Same. You can dodge the new impale, too. It only works on mobs though.

You can verify with @Keroc.
  • @Keroc, @Razmael:

Can you guys make it possible to trade in tattoo tokens?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    You have to ink it and then trade it in, iirc.
    imageimage
  • How do you trade in an ink'd tat? :confused:
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Maybe hack of limb and throw it at the shop owner?

Sorry I forget mate.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic

ARTIFACT REMOVE (tattoo) TATTOO FROM ME
    This will remove an artifact tattoo from your body. You will be asked to
    confirm it.

From HELP 23.4.3
    imageimage
  • edited March 2016
    @EVERYONE: Stop being so greedy with the credit market. With the recent gold nerfs, making the gold required to buy credits is only going to become harder, which in turn will force new/young players away from the game when they can't buy credits with ingame currency. Don't be greedy and think about the longevity of the game (lest we become like Imperian with 15k credit prices).

So please, can we (as a caring playerbase) TRY to keep the credit market affordable and not insanely priced?

• Speaking as an Imperian player, it's so much easier to get gold in Imperian that the credit prices in terms of bashing-time-per-credit are probably a lot closer to each other than you'd think from just looking at the numbers.
    Periluna
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    edited March 2016
    Was the ylem mine designed to give ylem aura, or was aura an existing mechanic that got incorporated into the mine because it has eld and stuff? Specifically, I'm wondering why one of the ylem-generating activities that's viable for noncoms can potentially land them in a situation where they get PKed for having aura, and if that's something that could be changed.

@Keroc @Hadrak @Dristin
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Emelle said:

Was the ylem mine designed to give ylem aura, or was aura an existing mechanic that got incorporated into the mine because it has eld and stuff? Specifically, I'm wondering why one of the ylem-generating activities that's viable for noncoms can potentially land them in a situation where they get PKed for having aura, and if that's something that could be changed.

@Keroc @Hadrak @Dristin

That's something that actually was on the books for removal sometime ago. Razmael should be sniping it out tonight.

Emelle
  • edited March 2016
    @Hadrak @Emelle I actually think the aura is fine aside from maybe its length, maybe shorten its duration a bit, but keep it in place, it makes it a safe zone for younger players to go for gold and xp, because that aura means no xp loss on death. So it's a "safe place" once a day for a newbie to get at least a little bit of gold to put towards their gear. And some XP that gets them a good step towards the next level.

edit: And when I say "Shorten its duration a bit" I'm meaning take its current 30 to 60 second duration (I've not actually measured it) and reduce it to about 10, maybe 20 seconds at most. About the same length of time Overkill gets without the arti buff
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
    TragerFezzixRiluo
  • Xandren said:

@Hadrak @Emelle I actually think the aura is fine aside from maybe its length, maybe shorten its duration a bit, but keep it in place, it makes it a safe zone for younger players to go for gold and xp, because that aura means no xp loss on death. So it's a "safe place" once a day for a newbie to get at least a little bit of gold to put towards their gear. And some XP that gets them a good step towards the next level.

Absolutely not. A ten to twenty second aura length means that it's that much harder to hunt people who are out tapping minor foci. There already is a zero exp loss penalty when dying with the ylem aura, so when I want to take out the competition for hunting minors, I'd really rather not have them be able to simply hide behind the pk rules that much more easily. I don't think they need the extra help with a shorter aura duration.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    @Fezzix I think they're talking about solely for ylem mines, not for foci.
    Emelle
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    What was the point of the map change to the entrance of BL? All I can see it doing is breaking everyones maps and killing me on the inside.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

TrikalEzalor
  • Is it just longer line of sight? Because just add a room? Remapping such a pain in the ass.
    DraimanEzalor
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Would it be possible to somehow get the ability to gallop/dash over icy ground? Levitation used to do that, but not since the movement changes. With waterwalking you can gallop and dash on water, why not something for the frozen kind? I just want my ability to gallop quickly from place to place to return.

@Keroc @Hadrak

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    I don't ever recall being able to do that pre-movement changes.

AvishaiSeir
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Pretty sure ice always stopped gallop and dash. It's meant as a counter specifically to that.
    Seir
  • Is there a place to sell iron coins? Or do I just have to advertise on the market chanel? 
  • Advertise on market channel. And they cant be bound/bloodied..

• How much do they generally go for? 
  • There is also the ironcoin specific market - type in IRONCOIN to get the commands.
    Aishia said:

Pretty sure ice always stopped gallop and dash. It's meant as a counter specifically to that.

This is not true. I have an entire galloping system set up that says otherwise. It worked flawlessly no matter what season, galloping through the Tundra until the changes to movement.

What I'm asking is if something could be put in to make it work again (or if you for some reason don't believe me, work at all) much like the waterwalking enchantment, but for ice?

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Weird! I remember slipping trying to dash on ice in the past but I guess I ultimately think it's a good thing that it exists now as a counter for dashing.
  • AvishaiAvishai Portland, Oregon
    I don't see how there should be fast travel on ice, an inconvenience isn't game breaking...
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Avishai said:
    I don't see how there should be fast travel on ice, an inconvenience isn't game breaking...
    Ahah. Oh Lord that cracked me up.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Zsadist
    @Avishai it's frustrating though. Might not break the game for others, but the change made a huge part of something I (a non-coder) actually coded for myself useless. And there's nothing to do to counter it, even with a cost. I gather it's meant to prevent people from escaping too easily from fights, maybe? But come on... there are so many other escape skills out there anyway.

Before the changes we couldn't gallop on water. Now we can, without waterwalking no less. Since the horses can now gallop across deep oceans, how come they can't manage a bit of slippery ground anymore when they used to?

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    edited March 2016
    Paging @Keroc, paging @Keroc.

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    so I will admit I did not read Mhun laws to realize that Bloodloch citizens are never allowed in, but I do have a few questions that I didn't want to start a thread for.

I tried to path to their comms shop and the time between their first strike and my death was 0.061 seconds. I took over 6k of damage and 4 hidden affs in that time with a cutting audit of 39%. All from crossbow bolts, not from a mob. Is this reasonable?

Second; I payed in february to be unenemied so that I could access trade since comms aren't being generated anymore. Can there be a way around the crossbow bolts of doom or could other cities possibly take a tradeport hit via rp somewhere else?