Short Questions

Comments

• Keroc said:

We're unlikely to be making configs for things like this anymore. Drag up tech talk if you're feeling lost on updating your system, I'm sure most of us are willing to try and help.

Would be great, if it wasn't for the fact that I don't use systems. I know my way around Sapience, but I have no energy to run around and scout out all areas one more time, unless I accidentally do a foci run.

• Question! Has been my experience that relics generally re-roll into similar types of pieces, i.e, racials into other racials, low-grade ones (monocle, choker, translocator etc) into low-grade ones, set pieces into set pieces. I haven't re-rolled that many though and wanted to make sure it wasn't just the small sample size.

The artifact pieces that you can only get via spending RL money, veil pieces, ethereal chain links, etc, do those only re-roll into other RL-money only pieces, or is there a chance they'll become a normal set piece or some such?
    imageimage
  • Unrelated, are there supposed to only be four minipet types available from the new artifact purchasing system?
    imageimage
  • Search results for "watermelon":
    1) File: Cooking Materials/Ingredi
    Title: Cooking Materials/Ingredients
    ...sterport, v53381, see Mizotl) - pomegranate (pink), persimmon,
    kiwi, honeydew, cantaloupe, WATERMELON East Grell Street
    (Saluria, v10094, see Urantotl...

How do I know how to open that file that this found? Typing in HELP Cooking Materials/Ingredi and HELP Cooking Materials/Ingredients just gives me another help search.
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• Reux said:

Search results for "watermelon":
    1) File: Cooking Materials/Ingredi
    Title: Cooking Materials/Ingredients
    ...sterport, v53381, see Mizotl) - pomegranate (pink), persimmon,
    kiwi, honeydew, cantaloupe, WATERMELON East Grell Street
    (Saluria, v10094, see Urantotl...

How do I know how to open that file that this found? Typing in HELP Cooking Materials/Ingredi and HELP Cooking Materials/Ingredients just gives me another help search.

It's just HELP COOKING MATERIALS or HELP COOKING INGREDIENTS. I've removed the second part entirely, but usually you would try any combination of the words provided in the help file name and it'll find the file.
    RiluoReux
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    When are we likely to see rituals reinstated as per announce 2488.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

DraimanUseli
  • I know I asked this months ago when @Oleis was running things, BUT is the .xml downloadable map file ever going to get updated and corrected? @keroc @Razmael

Example, highway of sapience spams over 5/6 different areas and the .xml has many other floors along that line.
    MayhemHunting - Discord Chat - CLANHELP MAY (ingame)

Riluo
  • Syntax to toggle hood/gem of cloaking?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Aroilath and Tulahuar

Toz
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited January 2016
    @Keroc

Hey you :wink:

Quick question if you will. When you use the gauntlet to INFUSE PYLON it stipulates you give the city ylem to the amount of 1000.
    Level 10:
    You can now INFUSE PYLON when at your city's pylon to give your city 1,000 ylem. Can only be done once per Howling.
    Yet I do not see that happening? Is this fixable please.

H:8338 M:7369 E:30885 W:33750 B:99% S:100% Mad:0% XP:7% [csdb eb] [eas ftr]
    -[Player]--------------[Off]-----[Ext]-----[Eld]---[Quest]-----[Total]--
    Riluo 224 4099 4150 2400 10873

---------------------------------------------------------------
    You place the palm of your gauntlet against the pylon, which begins to hum loudly in response as you funnel raw energy into it.
    -[Player]--------------[Off]-----[Ext]-----[Eld]---[Quest]-----[Total]--
    Riluo 224 4099 4150 2400 10873

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Sorry alignment is cray on this forum :(

• Is there an artifact that allows you to reset your class change cooldown without using lessons (i.e. class switching for free)?
  • Asteria said:
    Is there an artifact that allows you to reset your class change cooldown without using lessons (i.e. class switching for free)?
    only an artifact that reduces cooldown to 1h. any shorter and you need an encephalous crystal or lessons. 
  • You can get an eatable item which you used to get from chests, Cant remember the name, something crystal? I would like to say starts with an E .. but really unsure of the name. It works like using the lessons. @Asteria
    MayhemHunting - Discord Chat - CLANHELP MAY (ingame)

• Lim said:

Asteria said:

Is there an artifact that allows you to reset your class change cooldown without using lessons (i.e. class switching for free)?

only an artifact that reduces cooldown to 1h. any shorter and you need an encephalous crystal or lessons. 

Found it, thanks. 750cr for the polymath is... wow, though.
  • Actually, I just realized that it's free to switch between a guild class and a lycanthrope. I'm happy now.
    Riluo
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Yep, you just MUTATE and REVERT whenever. Don't forget about the mutation_sickness though!
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Asteria
  • http://www.aetolia.com/image/ursal-templar

Ursals confirmed playable by the flavortext? :P

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

Avishai
  • AvishaiAvishai Portland, Oregon
    We already have a bear wielding a mace, his name is @Phendegwen
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Toz said:

http://www.aetolia.com/image/ursal-templar

More like...

WHOLE STOLE MY COKE COLA?!?!?!?!?!
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Avishai
  • Ishin said:

Toz said:

http://www.aetolia.com/image/ursal-templar

More like...

WHOLE STOLE MY COKE COLA?!?!?!?!?!
    My spirit animal.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

Ishin
  • Can we get a configurable TELLSOFF so that we can ignore everyone else but a select few people, similar to the way that MMSG works?

i.e TELLSOFF [Coribhell, Trikal, Draiman, Ezalor]

The above would only allow those 4 individuals to send me tells specifically. Of course, admin/gods are exempt from said list already.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited January 2016
    If you don't want tells for someone you might as well use IGNORE. You can remove them from it again later tho there is a cooldown on flicking it on and off. But I think part of the idea here is so you can't just just flick it on and off to get the last word so it makes a lot of sense anyways.
  • The idea behind this is so that you don't have to use IGNORE. While I understand there is an IGNORE function (albeit a very severe function in my mind), sometimes you just want to turn your Tells off but let a few people still talk to you. There's ways you can RP out why you're not letting ANYONE ELSE talk to you except X, Y, Z.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• edited January 2016
    Hey, can we have RETIRED CHARACTERS to see who all has bit the dust? I think it would be useful to have, especially for those of us who help run organizations. I keep getting paranoid and honors'ing people to see if they still exist lol.

(Spinesreach): Xiuhcoatl says, "Oh man, grab the children-corn. This is gonna be good."
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    edited January 2016
    Personally I like the idea of retirement being completely anonymous. Already we've been seeing a bit of discrimination towards people who are obviously a retiree-gone-anew, specifically pertaining to the opposite tether.

Edit: And the paranoia, I think, is relative to just that.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

AvishaiEmelle
    Cuts down on the speculation of people who are trying to get away from a reputation they may have.
    The anonymity of the action makes it easier for a person to become something new.

I say keep it that way.
  • edited January 2016
    Erm, it appears in their honors so it's not "completely anonymous", but hey - if it cuts down on the stigma, sure.

EDIT: That's not a dig by the way, I know there can be some hurt feelings in retiring a character. If not having the information at the ready circumvents some grief for the person, great.

(Spinesreach): Xiuhcoatl says, "Oh man, grab the children-corn. This is gonna be good."
    I totally understood where you were coming from @Eydis - I was basing my information on alot of what some of the new players coming to Enorian have said, saying it is refreshing to have people not really know where or who they were, alot of them long time IRE players, some also aetolians, basically praising this Retirement thing as a second chance, which I think is super cool.

Apologies if I came off the wrong way :dizzy:
  • edited January 2016
    From HELP PROFICIENCIES:
    TEACHERS
    Below is a partial list of teachers for the various weapons. Other teachers may exist willing to
    speak of their art.

Large Bludgeons
    * Greatmaul : Brute Limnos of Esterport

learn proficiency in greatmaul from limnos
    Brute Limnos says, "My apologies, but that is not a weapon which I am proficient enough in to teach. You must seek elsewhere."
    How do I learn the weapon proficiency for the greatmaul, am I doing it wrong?
    I've tried using both greatmaul and maul.

• So now that I have 138 furniture designs with extra and-or superfluous wood, anyone know if there's a way to fix the ones that have redundant comms on them without flooding the queue with stuff that has already been approved for the next six months?

And-or, while we're asking questions on this subject, is there a reason we're going backwards instead of forwards? They made the change to put things in additional comms instead of base comms to allow crafters the freedom to make designs out of whatever we were actually using, instead of requiring an arbitrary base.

Though. Did notice they've taken out the furniture note that says your additional comms have to equal the original base amount. Does that mean if I make a table out of something that isn't wood, I only require one of the thing, per the other craft skills?
    imageimage
    Faerah