Short Questions

Comments

• Ok on the f'real though:

I've yet to ever see a valid argument beyond immersion as to why I have to get hit with dizziness and ablaze while in the sun while not reaping any type of benefits that my class isn't already balanced around during the night. It's imbalancing and it's more than enough to turn the tide of a fight.

The artifact that removes the afflictions is not a good answer to deal with this problem, especially when it costs 500cr. Were they high when they priced this thing? Holy shit. It's a "give us money and it'll all go away" solution, not a fair or balanced one.

If the living were randomly hit with some phobia and a chill effect at night, and their answer was to get a 500cr artifact, I'd be cool with it. Jk I wouldn't be that's still dumb, 500cr for that?
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Ishin
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Now that I can agree with.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Draiman
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited December 2015
    Is anyone else having issues with the vox in the stockings. I have 8 of them and can not Promo tradein (item). It is a total pain in the arse as I can not use them and nobody buys them as the game is saturated in them.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• edited December 2015
    Riluo said:

Is anyone else having issues with the vox in the stockings. I have 8 of them and can not Promo tradein (item). It is a total pain in the arse as I can not use them and nobody buys them as the game is saturated in them.

Yes. I have about 8 myself.

Edit:
    Oh and minipet cages.

Edit 2: I didn't even find the vox I wanted, either. Which annoys me.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Minipet cages have never been a promo item that you can trade in.
  • Sarita said:

Which is annoying, because as with the vox they aren't selling.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited December 2015
    Eocis said:

Sarita said:

Which is annoying, because as with the vox they aren't selling.
    Yeah the cage thing does suck.

@Keroc @admin
    In terms of the vox, this is what you get if you try to promo tradein. Also this is only a few of the batch I got that bare no names etc! I just got seven more just now...

You are wielding:
    You are holding:
    "iterator46253" a weatherbeaten vox iterator. [P] [WP][C][G][R][t][D][CA]
    "iterator91938" a weatherbeaten vox iterator. [P] [WP][C][G][R][t][D][CA]
    "iterator197484" an aerodynamic vox iterator. [P] [WP][C][G][R][t][D][CA]
    "iterator197971" an enriching vox iterator. [P] [WP][C][G][R][t][D][CA]
    "iterator196857" a blaring vox iterator. [P] [WP][C][G][R][t][D][CA]
    "iterator208623" a blaring vox iterator. [P] [WP][C][G][R][t][D][CA]
    "iterator208640" an arcane vox iterator. [P] [WP][C][G][R][t][D][CA]
    "iterator209076" a blaring vox iterator. [P] [WP][C][G][R][t][D][CA]
    You are wearing:
    You are holding 8 items.
    H:7941 M:6327 E:29385 W:20385 B:73% S:100% Mad:0% XP:46% [csdb eb] [eas ftr]PROMO TRADEIN 208640
    That item does not bear your mark, you cannot trade it in.
    H:7941 M:6327 E:29385 W:20385 B:74% S:100% Mad:0% XP:46% [csdb eb] [eas ftr]promo tradein 196857
    That item does not bear your mark, you cannot trade it in.
    H:7941 M:6327 E:29385 W:20385 B:73% S:100% Mad:0% XP:46% [csdb eb] [eas ftr]wtf

edited December 2015
    If a Bloodloch person is in a house and guild, does the academy guild task default to the guild or dominion task?
  • Sarita said:

If a Bloodloch person is in a house and guild, does the academy guild task default to the guild or dominion task?

I imagine guild. I don't think they can hold onto the nightstalker class and join a guild (from what I understand).
    edited December 2015
    But they can join a guild and then join a house as a non-nightstalker. We just had this happen recently with someone who started with the Teradrim and then joined Bahir'an from there. House status shows the house rank and undeath status only.

Edit: I wasn't asking because of that specific person. She did the academy before joining the house, but something had come up earlier in the day that made me kind of curious. I don't remember what it was now though.
  • No worries. It really should do guild over nightstalker. The Dominion part looks only at them having nightstalker class, while the others look at guilds. :)
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    edited December 2015
    Pardon me for being afk most of my time in Aetolia and only just now noticing this, but - why on Gods green earth do I take increased sun damage as -any- class while I have the vampire sub species, including the normal maluses such as randomly catching ablaze and catching dizziness, while I reap -0-. Zero. Zilp. Zilch. Nadda. Numero Zero. Gundam Wing Zero. Benefits while not in the Praenomen class?

mind = blown

Edit: The immersion of people who do not play the class is a terrible reason. I don't know many vampire players who thoroughly enjoy being immersed at this level either.

Ilyon
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I'd venture a guess here and say that you don't stop being a vampire just because you switch class (that would be an easy Cure!) and that those things are connected to being a vampire.

Providing you with similar stat-altering benefits as when you are in Prae class while being, for example, a Carnifex would require a completely different balancing thing. Removing the negative effects while in a different class would essentially turn you into a normal Undead for that duration and that's not what you signed up for when becoming a Vampire.

• Vampire carnifexes received/receive no bonus for being a vampire, and have always received a malus. Now the malus was increased, and no benefits were given.

Vampires in the Praenomen share the same malus with only a few minor differnces, while receiving a benefit at midnight.

You're absolutely right, it is a balance thing. It's completely unbalanced for any class besides Praenomen that has the vampire sub race.

Tbh, my issue with it all is mainly just about instances that are few and far between. Majors, lessers, etc.

Mephistoles
  • edited December 2015
    Draiman said:

Pardon me for being afk most of my time in Aetolia and only just now noticing this, but - why on Gods green earth do I take increased sun damage as -any- class while I have the vampire sub species, including the normal maluses such as randomly catching ablaze and catching dizziness, while I reap -0-. Zero. Zilp. Zilch. Nadda. Numero Zero. Gundam Wing Zero. Benefits while not in the Praenomen class?

Yeah, it's stupid, but I do not see it changing any time soon. Took quite some effort to get something as small as the fire malus removed while off-class!

Draiman
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Ilyon said:

Draiman said:

Yeah, it's stupid, but I do not see it changing any time soon. Took quite some effort to get something as small as the fire malus removed while off-class!
    That liaison list though.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited December 2015
    @hadrak

Is there a way to turn off the new "Who List" changes at all. As its stuffing up all my things in my system from mapping and tracking to travel skills. Perhaps CONFIG WHOLIST NEW ON/OFF

Pretty please.

ps: seems a few others are struggling with this change.

Eocis
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Riluo said:
    I'll have to direct you to Keroc or Razmael on that one.

RiluoEocis
  • Riluo said:

@hadrak

Is there a way to turn off the new "Who List" changes at all. As its stuffing up all my things in my system from mapping and tracking to travel skills. Perhaps CONFIG WHOLIST NEW ON/OFF

Pretty please.

ps: seems a few others are struggling with this change.

Pretty much any system that uses the who list breaks at least something with the change.
    Riluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    @hadrak Thank you

@Eocis yeah have four people today with diverse systems state they have issues too now.

Eocis
  • If we write something for the learning messages of a skill, what's the chance that it'll be implemented?

Who do we submit these ideas to?
    I mean, you know, an amount.

KerocKlettur
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    If it's good, we'll definitely put it in.

Shoot me an email at keroc@aetolia.com with the lines and I'll take a look at it.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    @keroc @Razmael

Please to giving a on/off for the new who list :(

AdaliEocis
    Is it possible to find out which area a room belongs to just from the vnum or name of the room?

If not, could it perhaps be added? Perhaps adding it to the PATH SEARCH results, like so:

Path search inner gate of
    v11708: The Inner Gate of Spinesreach (Spinesreach)

Draiman
  • I have code for Mudlet to do such a thing if using the ingame map. But if using the Mudbot/Imap you cant.

It should show who like this if you have the Vnum

Name - roomname - vnum (area)
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    What code is that, @Nalor? Anything you can share with me?

• it uses the downloadable .xml you can download it from settings / mapper. PM/msg me if you use that and i'll dig it out for you tomorrow, but it's basically the mudlet mapper.
  • Will we ever be able to config the new who list on and off? I've seen people ask for it, but no answers.

• KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    We're unlikely to be making configs for things like this anymore. Drag up tech talk if you're feeling lost on updating your system, I'm sure most of us are willing to try and help.
  • @Keroc are you ever going to stop messing with the WHO format?

Also unsure if this is the right place or not, with WHO its now blank for places with Academy/Haven as before it was '' any chance for it to tell us HAVEN / Academy?