Short Questions

Comments

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited January 2016
    @Keroc

What is the chance on crash breaking icewall? I ask because I did 40 in a row before it broke through the wall. I did this again with 20 in a row before it broke icewall.

This is my of best run so far which took ten goes:

You use Enchantment Icewall (up).
    You point a traditional Bouchard Family ring up, summoning forth an impressive wall of ice across the exit.
    Equilibrium Used: 2.58 seconds
    H:7268 M:4841 E:30865 W:32870 B:100% S:100% Mad:0% XP:10% [csdb -b] [eas ftr] [-1%]
    H:7268 M:4841 E:30865 W:32870 B:100% S:100% Mad:0% XP:10% [csdb -b] [eas ftr]
    You have recovered equilibrium.
    You hurl yourself into a large wall of ice and fall backwards in an embarrassing heap.
    Balance Used: 2.00 seconds
    H:7268 M:4841 E:30604 W:32870 B:100% S:100% Mad:0% XP:10% [cspdb e-] [eas ftr]
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    You stand up and stretch your arms out wide.
    H:7268 M:4841 E:30601 W:32870 B:100% S:100% Mad:0% XP:10% [csdb eb] [eas ftr]
    You hurl yourself into a large wall of ice and fall backwards in an embarrassing heap.
    H:7268 M:4841 E:30571 W:32870 B:100% S:100% Mad:0% XP:10% [cspdb e-] [eas ftr]
    H:7268 M:4841 E:30568 W:32870 B:100% S:100% Mad:0% XP:10% [csdb eb] [eas ftr]
    H:7268 M:4841 E:30538 W:32870 B:100% S:100% Mad:0% XP:10% [cspdb e-] [eas ftr]
    H:7268 M:4841 E:30535 W:32870 B:100% S:100% Mad:0% XP:10% [csdb eb] [eas ftr]
    H:7268 M:4841 E:30505 W:32870 B:100% S:100% Mad:0% XP:10% [cspdb e-] [eas ftr]
    H:7268 M:4841 E:30502 W:32870 B:100% S:100% Mad:0% XP:10% [csdb eb] [eas ftr]
    H:7268 M:4841 E:30472 W:32870 B:100% S:100% Mad:0% XP:10% [cspdb e-] [eas ftr]
    H:7268 M:4841 E:30469 W:32870 B:100% S:100% Mad:0% XP:10% [csdb eb] [eas ftr]
    H:7268 M:4841 E:30439 W:32870 B:100% S:100% Mad:0% XP:10% [cspdb e-] [eas ftr]
    H:7268 M:4841 E:30436 W:32870 B:100% S:100% Mad:0% XP:10% [csdb eb] [eas ftr]
    H:7268 M:4841 E:30406 W:32870 B:100% S:100% Mad:0% XP:10% [cspdb e-] [eas ftr]
    H:7268 M:4841 E:30403 W:32870 B:100% S:100% Mad:0% XP:10% [csdb eb] [eas ftr]
    H:7268 M:4841 E:30373 W:32870 B:100% S:100% Mad:0% XP:10% [cspdb e-] [eas ftr]
    H:7268 M:4841 E:30370 W:32870 B:100% S:100% Mad:0% XP:10% [csdb eb] [eas ftr]
    H:7268 M:4841 E:30340 W:32870 B:100% S:100% Mad:0% XP:10% [cspdb e-] [eas ftr]
    H:7268 M:4841 E:30337 W:32870 B:100% S:100% Mad:0% XP:10% [csdb eb] [eas ftr]
    What do you wish to mount?
    H:7268 M:4841 E:30337 W:32870 B:100% S:100% Mad:0% XP:10% [csdb eb] [eas ftr]
    H:7268 M:4841 E:30307 W:32870 B:100% S:100% Mad:0% XP:10% [cspdb e-] [eas ftr]
    H:7268 M:4841 E:30304 W:32870 B:100% S:100% Mad:0% XP:10% [csdb eb] [eas ftr]
    You hurl yourself through a large wall of ice to the up.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    25% chance.
    Riluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Cool. I guess I am getting bad rolls or something because I seem to never get it :(

• Erzsebet said:

So now that I have 138 furniture designs with extra and-or superfluous wood, anyone know if there's a way to fix the ones that have redundant comms on them without flooding the queue with stuff that has already been approved for the next six months?

And-or, while we're asking questions on this subject, is there a reason we're going backwards instead of forwards? They made the change to put things in additional comms instead of base comms to allow crafters the freedom to make designs out of whatever we were actually using, instead of requiring an arbitrary base.

Though. Did notice they've taken out the furniture note that says your additional comms have to equal the original base amount. Does that mean if I make a table out of something that isn't wood, I only require one of the thing, per the other craft skills?

From what I understand of it, the change was implemented for a lot of reasons. It still doesn't affect cooking/brewing, which do require far more customization. Furniture now works just like any other trade.

I think that if you contact Becue and get her a list, she'll probably help you out with getting those designs modified so you don't have to resubmit all of them. You should follow-up with her in-game to verify.
    Faerah
  • Has anyone submitted a bug report on firebreathing not destroying icewalls yet? Because its getting really annoying.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    breathe fire w
  • edited January 2016
    @Admin Does the PATH FIND system (ingame map) take in account wings/amulet/warp like mudbot can? as PATH SET doesn't seem to do anything ..

I'm trying to convert myself to the ingame system but things like this make 800/2000 credits investment seem pointless.
    MayhemHunting - Discord Chat - CLANHELP MAY (ingame)

• AvishaiAvishai Portland, Oregon
    edited January 2016
    From HELP SPEEDWALKING @Sivekui

PATH SET
    - Feeds the walker a preset path to follow. Valid entries include:
    - Cardinal directions
    - WORM WARP
    - DUANATHAR / DUANATHARAN (if you have wings)
    - VOLTDA / VOLTDARAN (if you have an amulet)

That way the Pathing mapper knows to use these in your travels.

It explains everything in the scroll, but that was the thing from it, I just gallop everywhere so I dont know if it works or not.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    I think in mudlet you can do this kind of thing.
    send("path set voltdaran;path go")
    tempTimer( 1.2, [[send("path find 1299;path go gallop")]] )

• Avishai said:

From HELP SPEEDWALKING @Sivekui

PATH SET
    - Feeds the walker a preset path to follow. Valid entries include:
    - Cardinal directions
    - WORM WARP
    - DUANATHAR / DUANATHARAN (if you have wings)
    - VOLTDA / VOLTDARAN (if you have an amulet)

That way the Pathing mapper knows to use these in your travels.

It explains everything in the scroll, but that was the thing from it, I just gallop everywhere so I dont know if it works or not.

As stated above ' as PATH SET doesn't seem to do anything .. ' .. :/

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    I just tested it and it worked for me?

• With the new changes, what is the bashing attack for Syssin? Fangs?

If so, this seems to put Syssin bashing at a big disadvantage since fangs appear to decay in half the time as other weapons, and drains a venom that has to be purchased to be replenished....BITE without a venom doesn't work.
  • Garrote has been the Syssin primary attack for awhile I think - it is what I used, anyhow.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Xeriel said:

With the new changes, what is the bashing attack for Syssin? Fangs?

If so, this seems to put Syssin bashing at a big disadvantage since fangs appear to decay in half the time as other weapons, and drains a venom that has to be purchased to be replenished....BITE without a venom doesn't work.

Yeah man not to mention you have to buy both fangs AND the venom.

Oh and ALSO NOT TO MENTION garrote is like 9001 times better. OH BUT ALSO a lot of mobs have asphyx resistance. Some of them 100%.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Garrote was also moved down, so it'll be easier to access (0% Gifted).
  • @Dristin if Garrote has been moved to gifted 0% and you need a venom to use bite.. from what the other post says. WHAT attack does syssin newbies get? Since a novice can only learn to 100% adept?

• Sivekui said:

@Dristin if Garrote has been moved to gifted 0% and you need a venom to use bite.. from what the other post says. WHAT attack does syssin newbies get? Since a novice can only learn to 100% adept?

That's more of a @Keroc question I think, but I'm guessing you have to use bite as a newbie.
  • @Keroc: So, can we make it interchangable in how venoms are held? In that, I mean if we want to use a vial, we can... instead of having to use a cloth rag. I only ask because some of us have artifact vials that we would use for our venoms.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Riluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    This is my concern too as I purchased artifact vials for my venoms.

• Ok guys, I need some tech help. I've done and checked everything I know how to do/check...

Here's my issue:

Every 45 minutes - 2 hours, my computer disk usage jumps up to 100% and stays there anywhere from 5-15 minutes. Now, I've defragged 5 times, done countless virus scans (nothing showing up), and I have up-to-date virus protection (Yay AVG). My heatsink is fine, my fan isn't clogged and just got cleaned. And when I check the Task Manager, the only thing that shows up as a high disk usage item is the System process which sometimes jumps to 1.5 mb/s. I'm at a loss and am about ready to just re-backup my important files and just completely wipe my laptop (again). I'd rather not do this simply because of the small hassle it will cause. So, my community tech gurus... any help??

• Zsadist said:

Ok guys, I need some tech help. I've done and checked everything I know how to do/check...

Here's my issue:

Every 45 minutes - 2 hours, my computer disk usage jumps up to 100% and stays there anywhere from 5-15 minutes. Now, I've defragged 5 times, done countless virus scans (nothing showing up), and I have up-to-date virus protection (Yay AVG). My heatsink is fine, my fan isn't clogged and just got cleaned. And when I check the Task Manager, the only thing that shows up as a high disk usage item is the System process which sometimes jumps to 1.5 mb/s. I'm at a loss and am about ready to just re-backup my important files and just completely wipe my laptop (again). I'd rather not do this simply because of the small hassle it will cause. So, my community tech gurus... any help??

Have you done a malware sweep instead of just a virus check? They are two separate things and anti-virus programs don't necessarily pickup on malware. Also may have a rootkit, which can really hide itself. Good programs to try:

http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/TDSSKiller
    https://www.malwarebytes.org/
    http://www.superantispyware.com/
    http://filehippo.com/download_spybot_search_destroy/

If you're not afraid of losing data on your computer and really want to do a deep search, you can try ComboFix. However, it can be very extreme at removing viruses and can mess up your OS if you're not careful. These are just some suggestions if you want further check your computer for those things. That 100% jump could also be AVG running a scan of some sort, so you should check the logs of the program to make sure it isn't.
  • I swear by MBAM - but also make sure that you're looking at processes by all users, not just..y'know, you. Might be stuff sneaking behind the scenes!

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

Xavin
  • MBAM is about the single best, most reliable tool for keeping your computer clean. I wouldn't rely on -just- that single program, you'll still need an antivirus, but something as simple as AVG or Avast should have you covered at that point.

• What is MBAM?

• Zsadist said:

What is MBAM?

Malwarebytes.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

• Do vampires just. Not blood rage anymore?

If that's the case, can we get embrace shifted to drop you to 1% instead of 0% so you have time to RP what is arguably an important event in your characters life before it kills you for not having any blood?
    imageimage
    Riluo
  • 2 Questions:

1) How much does the Circlet of the Will artifact increase your wp regeneration by?

2) @Keroc: Is it possible to get tattoo regens to show up on AUDIT X?

For example:

Willpower regen every 4 seconds
    ------------------------------
    Base: 6
    Racial regen: 8
    Philosophy Miniskill: 7
    Total: 21

Willpower drain every 4 seconds
    Potence: 15
    Total: 15
    Net regen: 6

Even though I have touched the Owl tattoo, I don't see it within the regeneration audit.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    30 no tattoo regen doesn't show
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Endurance regen every 4 seconds
    Base:                     6
    Racial regen:             8
    Undead bonus:             2
    Fitness Miniskill:        12
    Endurance Artifact:       30
    Total:                    58

Endurance drain every 4 seconds
    Elusion:                  15
    Total:                    15
    Net regen:                43
    Willpower shows stuff but endurance shows squat.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Full results will be available in 103 hours.

Why was that put into closed elections?
    AvishaiPeriluna