Short Questions

Comments

• Do the relic powers work like an artifact power, in that I can transfer the ability to an artifact and still use the power?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited May 2016

@Razmael @Keroc @Hadrak
    Would it be possible to change what info is displayed in the design list? The current layout is this:

First of all, it's awesome that each craft skill has its own color, as it makes it easier to find what you need. It's not displayed in that example, as those are only tailoring items, but I wanted to point out the good thing first.

Second, sometimes it can be difficult to remember what type a design is. For example, is 22979 in the above list a skirt, shirt or a shortcoat? The appearance line is given too little space.

Third, the owner part seems redundant to me. If you have access to it, does it truly matter who owns the original? If you want to know which designs from a certain organization you have access to, you can use DESIGN LIST . If you want to see who else can access a design, it's listed in the design sheet under "Allowed:"

In the following example, I've removed those parts I, personally, thought unnecessary. Instead, I added things I found more useful. There is more space for the appearance line, and even if that's not enough, it shows what type of item it is. Even the status has been compressed some, as it took a lot of space in the other design too. It's still the same width.

Or possible even list this, for more appearance length

KonnornArbreXeniaAymahMariena
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Anything you buy for yourself or that is your property/nontransferrable is bound. So yes.
    Emelle
  • Assuming one has all one's sensory organs intact, how would it ever be the case that "You find the weather around you imperceptible"? Unremarkable, perhaps, but if you can feel, you can perceive.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Probably in a haven or another place that actually has no weather SET. It's the environment, not you.
  • It was in a bashing area. I forget which one. Tcanna, maybe.
  • If I have Improved Forging from Orc heritage and Improved Forging from the raceskill list, do they stack? I'm assuming they don't, but I want to be 100% sure.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    They're the same thing don't think there's even an overlap it's just like "u already have that."
    Atrapoema
  • For how long has Mog been open and why are they still allowed to kill you instantly? Even guards at their height of power couldn't do that.
    I mean, you know, an amount.

@Reux Moghedu was re-opened last of February and they announced their policy about not admitting their enemies inside on pain of death. READNEWS PUBLIC 5959 has it all.

• @Reux you can also pay a fine to be unenemied. THere's a box just outside the entrance, I think it's something like 10k.

Emelle
  • Reux said:

For how long has Mog been open and why are they still allowed to kill you instantly? Even guards at their height of power couldn't do that.

WARNING: If you're Bloodlochian and you pass through the gate they'll murder the hell out of you regardless of whether or not you're an enemy.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    SolariaAsaraiiJensen
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Anyone else enduring this mapper spam all of a sudden? I've clicked to make the reminder go away and it says go you, for updating, but it doesn't stop. I don't use a mapper at all beyond the in-game one. Does it even when I'm not connected, so it's definitely a mudlet thing. Anyone know how to make it go away beyond installing whatever bs it is that I don't want or need?
    imageimage
    @Erzsebet If you don't use the Mudlet mapper, I think you can just remove the folder completely in the settings. I've done that on some profiles where I don't use it. It's a standard thing that is added in every profile, I believe.

• edited May 2016
    Reux said:

Thank you for the answers, but maybe I didn't make my actual complaint clear. Granted, maybe complaints aren't actually a good thing to bring forumside.

I find it weird I missed the opening of the place. Reux has lots of desires to murder the people to the ground, so it's one of many events to keep tabs on for RP.

Rather, why do they still have an instant death attack without CD or windup/channel? No other class, race, organization... w/e, only gods can kill like that. Not even guards could do that when they were all powerful. I don't mind the bolt to the face everytime I walk in indoor rooms, but the outdoor instant-death is OP and wrong.
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• Wtf are pristine corpses? You can't pick them up by name, you can't hit them, they are literally dead and still walking about like its a living thing??

You can see the following 5 objects:
    "copperhead325384" a vicious copperhead snake. [P] [WP][C][G][R] [TR][D]
    "tortoise328650" an oversized tortoise. [P] [WP][C][G][R] [TR][D]
    "cougar81872" the pristine corpse of a lithe cougar. [P] [WP][C][G][R] [TR][D]
    "bear117340" the pristine corpse of a black bear. [P] [WP][C][G][R] [TR][D]
    "goose328983" a white goose. [P] [WP][C][G][R] [TR][D]
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    Pristine corpses are for Taxidermy! If you see this happening, please BUG it so Raz can fix it because I have no ideas how they actually work.
    Emelle
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Reux said:

Reux said:

Thank you for the answers, but maybe I didn't make my actual complaint clear. Granted, maybe complaints aren't actually a good thing to bring forumside.

I find it weird I missed the opening of the place. Reux has lots of desires to murder the people to the ground, so it's one of many events to keep tabs on for RP.

Rather, why do they still have an instant death attack without CD or windup/channel? No other class, race, organization... w/e, only gods can kill like that. Not even guards could do that when they were all powerful. I don't mind the bolt to the face everytime I walk in indoor rooms, but the outdoor instant-death is OP and wrong.
    I got around the arrows by phasing in to the rooms I needed to do business in. The arrows seemed to trigger on movement and me standing still while shopping didn't have an effect
  • edited May 2016
    having used a Torch of the Underhalls on Ayhesa, I noticed that, even after I killed all of the Spellshapers in the area, including those found in the secret areas involving a column AND two of the three portal entrances (the third is an empty area), I've found myself looking at about seven bodies that I could not find or account for, since the other three of the ten remaining bodies belonged to the people at the entrance to Ayhesa Cliffs..is there a secret area aside from those four? The one accessed by a column, and the three accessed via a portal?

edit: I ask because I've already asked around ICly, and nobody has the answer, and poking at everything in EVERY room doesn't seem to do anything to reveal any additional paths, and I know I paid especially close attention to that third portal room area, but I feel like those seven bodies are in an area that I can't access or something, so I wanted to find out if there is more to Ayhesa than what I'm familiar with.
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Xandren said:

having used a Torch of the Underhalls on Ayhesa, I noticed that, even after I killed all of the Spellshapers in the area, including those found in the secret areas involving a column AND two of the three portal entrances (the third is an empty area), I've found myself looking at about seven bodies that I could not find or account for, since the other three of the ten remaining bodies belonged to the people at the entrance to Ayhesa Cliffs..is there a secret area aside from those four? The one accessed by a column, and the three accessed via a portal?

edit: I ask because I've already asked around ICly, and nobody has the answer, and poking at everything in EVERY room doesn't seem to do anything to reveal any additional paths, and I know I paid especially close attention to that third portal room area, but I feel like those seven bodies are in an area that I can't access or something, so I wanted to find out if there is more to Ayhesa than what I'm familiar with.

There are some NPCs that might be off-plane and no longer reachable that were related to the original event. Elementals and maybe a couple of named NPCs. I don't know how the torch works in regards to them.

• huh, sounds like something non-kosher then, @solaria, maybe someone should probably see about combing through the area and catching those who aren't in accessible areas, @Keroc, @Antehe, @Hadrak, @Dristin ?
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • Why for does Moghedu keep me enemied even after I payed them and they said they'd take care of it? ;-;
  • So, Aulin's an agile imp who uses warhammers. I'm thinking about how I can make my bashing a little more effective. I'm pretty married to the idea of a teeny imp using a huge warhammer, but never did change my statpack. Which do you think I ought to change to?
  • @Aulin Typical and Muscular are my favorites. Neither has a negative, but Typical gives more xp/con, Muscular gives a bit more phys audit/str.

Aulin
  • I remember there once being a discussion on an arti that hid your heritage. Did anything ever come from that?
    Erzsebet
    I really wish they'd just. Stick that in your honours or somewhere that isn't all awkward and in the desc where it may or may not be apparent. Even forcing a race token that you have to use somewhere in your desc would be less annoying. On the chars I have who ascended before heritage was a thing, I've just opted to not have the shiny bonuses because I don't want the addendum to my desc. >.>

Tl;dr, no, nothing has come of it as yet.
    imageimage
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Xandren said:

I remember there once being a discussion on an arti that hid your heritage. Did anything ever come from that?

Yes. There is an artifact that hides your heritage. It is the disguising gem bought with Iron coins.

Thought that only disguised your actual race? Remember Alex's used to say she was a human of human heritage.
    imageimage