Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• CorlinCorlin Member Posts: 109 ✭✭✭
    Did I just miss the custom enter/exit artifact this time around?

Three auctions and I don't remember seeing it, and I was sort of looking forward to trying for it.
  • AmaraAmara Member Posts: 53 ✭✭✭
    Realizing way too late that things are what they are and there's nothing I can do about it except give up.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.Member, Guildmaster Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Corlin - They didn't offer it this time.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander PortlandMember, Newbie Helper, Guildmaster Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gone through and anchored like all of my triggers, but CMUD is still locking up or freezing badly in team combat or even during bashing sometimes. Going crazy. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make it work better?
    The Divine voice of Razmael echoes in your head, "God of imps."
    Eugenides says to you, "Imp, Are you sure you were not born a Troll?"
    The Divine voice of Arion echoes in your head, "Every time I try to punish you for being so flippant, I find Myself laughing instead."
    Hugo has expressed his esteem of you for the following reason: Being a badass leader.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight SchoolMember Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moirean said:
    Gone through and anchored like all of my triggers, but CMUD is still locking up or freezing badly in team combat or even during bashing sometimes. Going crazy. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make it work better?
    Why not just switch to Mudlet or MUSHclient? :<
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    SetneHadoryu
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander PortlandMember, Newbie Helper, Guildmaster Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate when people give that answer. Being snarky isn't helpful.
    The Divine voice of Arion echoes in your head, "Every time I try to punish you for being so flippant, I find Myself laughing instead."
    Hugo has expressed his esteem of you for the following reason: Being a badass leader.
    LinAryannePerilunaKiyotan
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.Member, Guildmaster Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why you're having issues, Moi, because I don't have that issue at all. :( What's your computer stats, maybe CMUD is just overtaxing your hardware?

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

edited May 2013
    First, sorry Haven. Didn't mean to snap and I realize how bitchy I come across. Dying to your system/computer/client derping up is annoying. I don't switch because I have like...a decade worth of settings and I don't know lua aside from some derpy WoW addons I've made (and from what I hear, it's not the "same" lua in mudlet - not sure how accurate that is). Trashing my settings and learning a new code language and having to sit for hours to relearn how to do the basics is just going to drive me nuts. I tried that when I went to Lusternia - where I didn't have any settings! - and I got frustrated sitting unable to fight and play while I figured out code. I don't have the time for that in my Aet playtime atm with the positions/duties I have IG.

Re, CMUD - I don't have the best computer, but it handled zmud better than this, so I'm thinking that I've got some weird quirk going on with CMUD that I just have not pinpointed. For example, running very basic #forall scripts completely freeze me up for like 15-30 seconds. 

Example script:

#forall @shopcache {
      shopinc %i
      price cache %i 1 shelf 1
      }

With shopcache being a variable with like 20 values. I am wondering if I have bad coding methods slowing things down because a lot of my settings were imports from zmud? Are there any particular (outdated?) syntaxes that add horrid choppiness/freezing? I know CMUD has different and more optimal syntaxes but I think I've managed to track down most of those. 

I'm not seeing any huge demands in memory use if I check task manager. It's around 40-50k normally and goes up to 70k when it's in the process of freezing or crashing. Thing is, I raid in WoW and my computer can handle that, albeit on low graphics as I can't afford a graphics card. Memory use from WoW is usually around 800k. I figure if my computer can handle WoW, it's probably robust enough to handle CMUD? I might be completely wrong here, as I'm not very clever about computer stuff.
    That's just odd. cMud can be very memory intensive, but I just don't have the lockup issues you do. Have you tried running the Citadel GUI without any of your scripts to see how it responds? That would at least narrow it down to whether it's cMud or your scripts. What I do to check parsing times is I speedwalk through 2 locations far away and see how fast it responds. It's not as good as combat lag but it's a close approximation.

I've determined that an increase of items in the room add slowdown. Might be related to gmcp?
    Very possible. You could try removing 'Room' from the GMCP properties.

@Moirean, yeah I wasn't trying to be snarky. I've heard nothing but bad things about CMUD tis why I asked. But I understand your plight of not wanting to switch over.
    havenbanner2
  • LaniraLanira Member Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

Daskalos said:
    Very possible. You could try removing 'Room' from the GMCP properties.
    Mudbot is the one negotiating GMCP modules.
  • IllidanIllidan Pray AreaMember Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having a trash computer is likely the big culprit. 

• MastemaMastema Member Posts: 298 ✭✭✭

Have you cleared Cmud fully from your pc and all related files. I had an issue with it last year and it was a bunch of bad files causing issues. Once I remove everything and reinstalled a clean setup it worked fine. Not saying you have the issue I had but it could be worth a try.

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    Because they have to create something for people like me and Alexina to buy since we already own everything else, of course.

xD Dat arrogance!
    havenbanner2
    Daskalos
  • MacavityMacavity Member Posts: 803 ✭✭✭
    Daskalos said:
    Because they have to create something for people like me and Alexina to buy since we already own everything else, of course.
    you two are no longer the only ones, fyi.  *wink*
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul Member Posts: 851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even buy any combat artifacts.

o.O
  • FenrirFenrir Member Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    Alexina said:
    I don't even buy any combat artifacts.

o.O
    Truth. She just buys up parts of the world, starting with her Island.

In 50 years she'll own the place and Abhorash will be paying her rent for Bloodloch.
  • RivasRivas Member Posts: 538 mod
    Notsomuch the day when all your vials decay at once...but the 2-3 days when you get a handful of messages every few hours, letting you know that they're going 2-12 at a time.

I MAKE ALL MY VIALS AT ONCE, HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE??!?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

Lin
  • CorlinCorlin Member Posts: 109 ✭✭✭
    Varied decay rates make me a sad panda.

When one of my vials decays, I check the whole lot, and probably chuck them, because I hate logging in to system messages about decay.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Member, Guildmaster Posts: 2,067 mod
    I give mine out to newbies so frequently that they never decay for me.
    Moirean
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant Member Posts: 835 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arbre said:
    I give mine out to newbies so frequently that they never decay for me.
    TIL: Arbre shifts all her near-decay vials to nublets to troll them.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    AldricHavenOrisaeAngwe
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, NevadaMember Posts: 180 ✭✭✭
    Aarbrok is not being unenemied because he tortures and experiments (tortured and experimented?) on innocents and children. The fact that Aarbrok was Niurian matters about as much as the fact that she used to be a boy. The Heralds don't care, at all. Whoever told you it was for being Niurian was incorrect.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science Portland, OregonMember Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh its fine, I mean its already done and decided and everything.  I dont care so much just was going by what I was informed in various discussions.  Knowning that now and OOCly no less doesnt really mean much to me.  I guess thanks though. 

I just noticed that a problem with communication between others was a downfall I saw when I would talk to different people of Enorian in regards to my status.  Some just said a 30k fine, some said no because of Niuri, others because of experiments, which to be honest have never really been done in game, just RP I put on for the most part, so word of mouth I suppose. Never any solid proof I would have done them.

I just think that leadership should have better communication in general
    Thank goodness Daingean took the time to Rp with me, even though he apologized it took a while he was really nice to talk to and deal with.  Even though the both of us were somewhat distracted I was appreciative of it anyways.

This discussion has been closed.