Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• Calipso said:
    Morons who give nothing to the game getting positions of leadership out of majority  friendships rather than having the skill or qualifications.

Edit: If you are going to disagree, you may as well state what in the post you disagree with. If you simply love the concept of leadership by favoritism, then by all means, enjoy.
    Your post was one line long before the edit. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out what people disagree with.

(It's the part about the supposed lack of skill/qualifications, giving nothing to the game, and "majority friendships" of a certain "Moron" who just got a leadership position.)
    Illidan said:
     if you ever see me killing someone (newbies especially) it's because I've had good reason to do so
  • edited May 2013
    The sayings I was told about the aetolian community and their forums, which turned out to be pretty accurate. I now see why so many players say what they say about the game and the forums.

Do go on though.

inb4 lemmings appear to instantly press the disagree/flag button.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    This may be difficult for you to digest, but it is possible for someone to disagree with you without their opinions being colored by bias and groupthink. You could (as has been the case in numerous posts in which you outright make up facts about players, or go so far as to insult them) simply be wrong.
    AmaraAryanne
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    Calipso said:
    The sayings I was told about the aetolian community and their forums, which turned out to be pretty accurate. I now see why so many players say what they say about the game and the forums.

Now I'm curious.

EzalorAmaraCiarelleAldricAngweTeaniStathanTza
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    One can never be sure about how much someone gives to the game. Some people prefer working behind the scenes and only those close to them know about it. Some of those friends might even be asked to implement whatever it is said person has done, just because they don't want the spotlight.

On topic... my rage for the day? Ignorance, plain and simple. My own and others'.

LinIllikaalOrisae
    I'd prefer if we abandoned the current subject and left the thread open to good ol' AETOLIAN RAGE.

Look, I was nice and didn't even use my threatening mod color.
  • @Calipso, I think the reason why you're getting this response is because of the way you present your opinion. Most of the time its sheer emotion without any solid logic and that makes relating to you very difficult. If anyone disagrees with you, instead of in turn arguing their logic, you get indignant. I concede that there are people who bandwagon for the sake of bandwagoning but you put yourself in the position to be fully bandwagoned around when you refuse to see things asymmetrically, as evidenced by the recent thread you made on forums. Further insulting everyone here isn't going to get you understanding; its going to cause people to perpetually write you off even more than they do now. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

AngweTza
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    So I hear the McRib is back.
    OrisaeLianca

• Arbre said:
    So I hear the McRib Sryaen is back.
    Fixed that for you. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

AmaraLin
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Is this a new euphemism? Sryaen for get-back-on-topic? Or does Sryaen represent cheap processed meat offerings from a large chain supplier?

I'm okay with either of these.

AryanneTeaniLinStathan
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I, in fact, did NOT hear that Sryaen is back.
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Ezalor said:
    But...how can one possibly rage in a thread with Scarlett Johansson eating popcorn??????
    A. Mayun. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • edited May 2013

All the effort Nebre'seir/Bouchard has put into changing the House, with new laws, adding new ranks as a way of gain prestige and a new name to combin all the changes only to be told from on high, get stuffed you can not do any of those things and the old name sticks. Very dissapointed indeed! :-q

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • Artisinals. When will they be judged? :(

I wrote a cooking design so gross that it put me off my corn dog. :(
    StathanHaydynTeaniOrisaeArekaRivas
  • firstworldlinproblems.png
    LinRivasArbre
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Mrph. I don't want to work on my alt's reqs, I'm not confident in the slightest enough, both in the vacant guild and the skills yet, to get a grip for PK and commit to a path. Grump grump grump. 
    Lin
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Just in my observations of dueling with Feichin, Teradrim have it pretty rough. They have minimum hindering and are the only class that have to simultaneously deal with rebounding, parrying, pre-restore, and dodging. Every other class only has to face either rebounding OR parrying/pre-restore, trying to get a successful attack through as Teradrim seems a bit too difficult. 
    Moirean
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I find combat overwhelming, and it's just a lot to juggle and sort out. The reqs are already towing the line - GR1-GR2 requires being tested on curing '3 random afflictions' - but not any from a list, just 'three random ones', which means you need to learn all of them. This is doubled up again for GR2-GR3, on top of learning everything about every other classes' ents, as well as your golem, and then the PK. I don't know if it's changed or just when I log in, but there's hardly ever anyone else around, and I hate lighting up Haedyn's IM with questions that end up going over my head anyway. 

Then committing to a Path, most of which require being a citizen (to somewhere) and/or partaking in Ylem. It's just becoming really frustrating to where, as much as I like her concept and want to play *her*, I don't want to be logged in on her, and 'just take her to a different guild' means giving up the class unless I can beat my head through a wall to figure this stuff out. 
    Natasya
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Ezalor said:
    Just in my observations of dueling with Feichin, Teradrim have it pretty rough. They have minimum hindering and are the only class that have to simultaneously deal with rebounding, parrying, pre-restore, and dodging. Every other class only has to face either rebounding OR parrying/pre-restore, trying to get a successful attack through as Teradrim seems a bit too difficult. 

I'm fairly certain that templars using flails have to fight against all of these things as well since flails no longer bypass parry.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• TozToz
    edited May 2013
    You can burn past rebounding as Templar and still land the hit/land limb damage that round. Teradrim can burn their sand (instead of using it for offense) to strip shield OR rebounding once every like 15s, otherwise they don't get to hit and have to raze at like 3s.

EDIT: Also Templars have other kill routes open to them. Teradrim seem to be limb or go home - they have stuff that...kind of hints at an affliction offense intent, like swelter. But uh, they can't really do much to capitalize on it. It's like spamming mind crush as monk to drain mana - you can't do anything with it.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited May 2013
    Areka said:
    I find combat overwhelming, and it's just a lot to juggle and sort out. The reqs are already towing the line - GR1-GR2 requires being tested on curing '3 random afflictions' - but not any from a list, just 'three random ones', which means you need to learn all of them. This is doubled up again for GR2-GR3, on top of learning everything about every other classes' ents, as well as your golem, and then the PK. I don't know if it's changed or just when I log in, but there's hardly ever anyone else around, and I hate lighting up Haedyn's IM with questions that end up going over my head anyway. 

Then committing to a Path, most of which require being a citizen (to somewhere) and/or partaking in Ylem. It's just becoming really frustrating to where, as much as I like her concept and want to play *her*, I don't want to be logged in on her, and 'just take her to a different guild' means giving up the class unless I can beat my head through a wall to figure this stuff out. 
    Eh. I'm not a fan of combat reqs; D'baen used to have a bunch and I ended up stripping all of them beyond what firstaid could manage. It is pretty overwhelming to get into and not for everyone so making it mandatory for advancement is kinda iffy.

I can't speak much for Templars since I've never played one and haven't fought extensively 1v1 with any but they don't -have- to use flails either and can go for stuff like Retribution rather than limb damage. Teradrim don't really have those options. In fighting Feichin in between clumsiness, avoidance, parrying, pre-restore, and rebounding, he really couldn't get anywhere at all. That said I did fight him once without using rebounding and got overwhelmed very quickly, so I think a medium has to be found somewhere.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Don't they have a razeslash?
  • And you just finished checking it and it's looking awesome and you hit enter AND OH MY GOD, I MISSED THE 'F' IN 'SHIFT' AND THAT SENTENCE STILL MAKES SENSE AND NOW I WANT TO KILL MYSELF FOREVER!
    MoireanCiarelleOrisaeHaydynAngweAryanneLinErzsebet
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Benedicto said:
    When you think you've accurately proof-read an emote and you go "YES! This emote is going to be genius!" Then you hit enter and read it as it hits the screen and all of a sudden that you've made a horrendous error with the grammar and there's an "s" missing off one of the words. Y I NO C U B4 YOU WENT ON2 SCREEN?!
    I honestly didn't even notice. I usually just mentally correct typos and don't care. :P

That said, I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN I HATE TYPOING D:
    Aryanne
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Moirean said:
    I honestly didn't even notice. I usually just mentally correct typos and don't care. :P

That said, I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN I HATE TYPOING D:
    I think that's what happens in the first instance. We supply the missing letters etc. You think you've accurately typed it whereas the reality is you've actually supplied the missing details in your head as you've been reading and then gone, "YUP LOOKS GOOD TO ME! /ENTER"
    HavenAryanne
  • Write some scripts, auto-rp.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."